Start by marking “Lord Lucifer's Disciple (Haberdashers Nights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lord Lucifer's Disciple (Haberdashers Nights, #1)

Lord Lucifer's Disciple

(Haberdashers Nights #1)

An heiress turns away every suitor until she meets a mysterious foreigner at a masque ball. His kiss ignites her in ways that nothing else has, but he refuses her pleas to elope. Has she lost her heart to a man who doesn’t exist?

John Howards has finally accepted an invitation to one of his cousin’s masque balls. Having always been shy he decides to attend in the guise of h
Published September 30th 2014 by Graythorn Publishing (first published June 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lord Lucifer's Disciple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord Lucifer's Disciple

Start your review of Lord Lucifer's Disciple (Haberdashers Nights, #1)
Julie ( On semi-hiatus until September)
Lord Lucifer's Disciple by Sue London is a 2014 Graythorn publishing release.

This novella is the first of the Haberdashers series and although I have read the first three full length books in the series, I somehow missed this one. I was so happy I found it included in an anthology book I picked up. (Scandalous Summer Nights) So, I am backtracking a little bit here, but I wanted to see how the series got started and I am glad I did.

I could sort of identify with the two main characters in this s
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
Another great book! When a story involves a character reading a book like the one in this story you know it's going to be good.
Lady Kate
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A short novella that I thoroughly enjoyed. A decent plot and number of characters for the size of the book weaving it's way into the Haberdashers plot.

Not a lot more to say as its a novella!
Judy
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lord Lucifer’s Disciple by Sue London
Haberdashers Nights Book One
John Howard was first mentioned in Fates for Apate, a friend of Casimir. John is considered odd because of his quietness. He has been out of England for some time and anxiously enters his favorite bookstore. For some reason the proprietor feels that John needs a book that came in recently...Lord Lucifer’s Guide to Pleasuring the Fair Sex. It definitely changes his life. Or I should say his identity.

Elisha Jarvis is tired of all the
Diane Lang
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fell in love again with another of Sue London's heroes. This time it is John Howards, a quiet, unassuming gentleman who is quite comfortable on his own. He has recently returned from Vienna where he met and befriended Casimir, the delightful fellow who George falls madly in love with in Fates of Apate. He is invited to a masquerade ball by his cousin where he meets Elisa Jarvis, an heiress who has successfully evaded marriage to a fortune hunter. Because he feels his own persona is so bland, he ...more
Molly
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the story about John Howards and he has finally accepted an invitation to one of his cousin's masque balls. Having always been very shy he decides to attend in the guise of his friend from the Congress of Vienna. But he didn't expect that by playing a role it would free him to flirt with a beautiful woman. Or that she would return his flirting. After a night in the garden that he regrets, can he convince her to marry him when he is himself?
Elisa Jarvis has made it to 21 years old, withou
Amy Alvis
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Elisa Jarvis knows that all her husband prospects are just after her dowry, plus they are all boring! That is until she meets a mysterious foreigner at a masked ball.

John Howards has always been awkward during social functions, so when he finally agrees to attend his cousin's masked ball he pretends to be his foreign friend. It gives him the courage to do things he would never dream of as himself.

What will Elisa do when she unmasks her foreign friend?

This was my first story by Sue London and I r
Ann Gonzalez
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
At 108 pages it is a quick read, but is a full story. The characters are likable. You have the aging heiress that wants someone to love her for herself and not her money. Then you have the third son that is dull and not sociable until he meets the woman of his dreams. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Mary
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Ms London regained her stride after her ever so slight stumble with George's story. I loved Elisa and John and Uncle Em and Violetta! Heck I like the three Haberdashers again! Can read as stand alone but you will appreciate the book so much more if you start with Jack's story. I am looking forward to Robert's story now!
Tracy Emro
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this novella in my review for the Scandalous Summer Nights collection of novellas.

Wonderful novella. Seriously, I don't think Ms. London can write a book I won't like.
Kathy
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lovely characters.
Cara Group
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this novella! It was great to get another glimpse into the lives of the haberdashers as well as this cute story about a secondary character finding his way.
Elizabeth
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Sweet and fun

2.5 stars. Quite a lot happens in this book for a novella. The male character is quirky and fun. An enjoyable read.
Kimberly Hatten
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Delightfully steamy romance

Well written with relatable and likeable characters. It's a sweet addition to the Haberdashers series. It also has a few nice steamy scenes.
Marguerite Guthridge
Great book! This author is on my must read list.
Queen of the Geeks
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when a bookseller slips a very shy and reticent man the hottest copy of the Regency version of "The Pick Up Artist" entitled, "Lord Lucifer's Guide to Pleasuring the Fair Sex" ? A "...lying bastard," for starters.

John Howard, after shunning all but the required social engagements, accepts his cousins invitation to a mask ball. John thinks it is the perfect opportunity to be someone other than what he normally is, a dashing rake and confidant man. Under a disguise he finds the ex
Linda J.
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this as part of a multi author bundle called SCANDALOUS SCOUNDRELS.

I understand some of the reviews about the h, she was hard to understand at first and came across as better than others. But, as the story unfolds, you realize she just wants everyone to see the real her and not the money she will bring.

The H was refreshing. He was very socially awkward and when he meets the h he is disguised as his Polish friend. This gives him confidence and to see him get more confidence and lose t
Becca
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this as part of the Scandalous Summer Nights boxed set. See review

Read in March 2018.
Tonileg
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Historical English romance with two untitled but still related to titled rich folks.
Mr. John Howards is super shy. I think that it would have been more understandable in our more tolerant modern era, but he is treated badly by the other rich titled sons as he is growing up, so that he has only one friend, his younger cousin, Violette. I really liked Violette who only wants the best for her introverted cousin, John so that she invites him to all of her parties even though he always rejects them,
Liana
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. An unlikable heroine and a weak hero are definitely not appealing.
Nicola
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. A Haberdashers novella.
Oct 11, 2015
May 09, 2015
Stephen
Dec 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• My Fair Lily (Farthingale #1)
  • The Vanishing of Lord Vale (The Lost Lords Book 2)
  • The Blood of a Baron (Box of Draupnir, #2)
  • Heart of Thanks (Hearts of the Highlands, #3.5)
  • Kiss Me Duke (League of Unweddable Gentlemen, #5)
  • Lily in Bloom
  • A Hidden Ruby (A Marsden Romance #4)
  • Rules for Reforming a Rake (The Farthingale Series Book 3)
  • Pretty Poison
  • Wager with a Warrior (Four Horsemen of the Highlands, #2)
  • Lord of the Sky (The Executioner Knights, #6)
  • Burned (Scorching Heat Book 1)
  • May Queen: May Day (Holiday Knights Book 3)
  • To Winter at Wildsyde (Girls Who Dare #7)
  • Haunted & Revered: The Scotsman's Destined Love (Love's Second Chance: Highland Tales #4)
  • My Lady of Deception (Brethren of the Lords #1)
  • Once Upon a Twelfth Night
  • A Kiss at Mistletoe (Kiss the Wallflower, #2)
Best selling author Sue London created the beloved Regency romance series The Haberdashers. If you like your historical romance with a little action, a little humor, and a lot of strong-minded women, then this is the series for you!

Recent reader reactions:
"Sue London is a very gifted writer. I always enjoy reading her books." ~ Annie
"It was so well written, and the storyline is wonderfully thrilli