Start by marking “First and Only Destiny” as Want to Read:

(Destiny #1)

Stand-alone debut novel based in London, England from USA Today Bestselling Author, Gloria Silk.

First love has never been more intense or so worthwhile.

"Beautifully written love story with an amazing happy ending." Elizabeth Lennox, Author of the Thorpe Brothers series.

What happens when shy art major, Lia Abraham, locks eyes with Bollywood-gorgeous genius, Devraj Shah,
Paperback, 2nd, 172 pages
Published September 9th 2014 by Creative Hummmingbird Results

Start your review of First and Only Destiny
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I got this a freebie e-book a long time ago, and only now have I been able to sit down and read it. I hoped this romance read would be cute and sweet. Sadly not. Following two College students from two different backgrounds, where their families don't approve of their relationship together. Has both Hindu and Jewish representation present. However, most of the characters were nasty and behaved very immaturely to one another. Too ranty for me to fully enjoy!
Yvonne Finn
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Is the debut novel by Gloria Silk and I hope she writes
many more, as I thoroughly enjoyed this fast paced story
of first love with all the sweetness and angst that
drives this coming of age experience.

What makes First and Only Love even more unique is the
added complications of those two very divisive
elements: culture and religion.

The young lovers, Lia, is a Jewish budding beauty and
art student who is instantly drawn to the divinely
handsome, exotic and dashing Devraj, an
Franny Armstrong
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a tale of unrequited love that begins in College, and spans a short time where hearts torn apart by family obligations.

Devraj and Lia compare with Romeo and Juliette, with their families opposed to the love-match. Dev's father and grandparents prove their bigoted attitudes, as in an East Indian culture, they want him to honor an arranged marriage.

Lia's parents want her to marry Howard, but after the nuptials, he soon has women on the side. Lia strives for a divorce, hoping to share
Annalei Chuchu
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off let me start by saying that I love romance novels! I am a huge fan of romance books and I enjoy to read them very much. This book was amazing as well because it is an interracial romance novel. I'm in an interracial relationship myself, so this book hit home for me. Gloria Silk is an amazing author that has provided a well-written and beautiful romance book here. Lia is a shy art major who doesn't want anyone to come between her and her dreams. She meets Devraj and is shy around him. ...more
Joan Leacott
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book and it's sequel "Second Destiny" from the author at a local book signing. Gloria is such a lovely, upbeat person and I love her British accent!

I felt so sorry for the tough choice that Lia Abraham and Devrah Shah had to make when they were young university students; to say goodbye and please their families, or to defy their families for love of each other. One family is Jewish, the other family is Hindu.

A decision is made at the end of the first book, but is it the right
Must-have
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Believe me, this is one Romance book you don’t want to pass over! I loved it! I was hungry for a new romance novel when I came across “First and Only Destiny,” and can honestly say that it fed my appetite rather well. As a matter of fact, it met and surpassed my expectations! It’s wonderfully written to tell a lovely story filled with lots of emotions and authentic characters. The author did a fantastic job! I felt so close to Lia and Devraj while reading about their forbidden, but blossoming ...more
Taylor Smith
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so in love with the storyline of this book! Gloria Silk did an amazing job of bringing together realistic characters who truly loved each other despite their cultural backgrounds. I found myself connecting deeply with Lia who was an artist and very shy. She falls in love with Devraj, even though she tries so hard to resist it. After a passionate kiss she knows that he's the one. The only problem is her family and her culture. She doesn't want to turn her back on them, but she doesn't want ...more
Val
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free through Good Reads.

I really enjoyed reading this book.

An easy to read romantic love story about Lia Abraham, a Jewish 18year old & Devrajh Shah (a 20 year old Hindu. They are both ruled by their Jewish & Hindu religious & this is about the problems they both face from their parents/grandparents views.

I look forward to reading the follow up book "The Second Destiny".

Lisa L
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I prefer to read shorter books, that's why I bought this one. It seemed an interesting and fresh story with a shy artist and a playboy type Indian guy. It's an amazing story that reminded me of Romeo and Juliet with a great ending, and also the movie the Graduate. What a surprising and satisfying end! Well done! Now I can't wait to read more of Gloria Silk's books.
S.
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won "First and Only Destiny" through Goodreads Giveaways.

This is a great book, that captured my attention early in the first chapter! It's a great story filled with lots of emotions and authentic characters. Highly recommend.
Kim Hampton
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway. I really enjoyed the story, although the ending was kind of a cliffhanger. I will have to get the next in the series so I can find out what happened!
Bev Taylor
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
first love, first kiss, forever love ?

jewish lia has led a very sheltered life with her grandparents having to adhere to all the religion's codes

she really only has one friend - ellen - and is now a major in art history at a london university

then she meets devraj who is hindu and being groomed for the family business. he loves architecture but his father would not allow him to study this but business and economics instead

he is devastatingly attractive and although lia tries to avoid any
Brittany Smith
May 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
I got this book from a Good Reads giveaway, and I wanted to like it but couldn't. The overall idea for the story itself was fine, but the execution wasn't good. The writing was too over the top with random descriptions, especially at the beginning. It got better as the book went on, or maybe I just didn't notice it as much. At times Devraj's behavior was bordering assault and not romantic at all. The ending was abrupt and unfulfilling. I was able to use my imagination and believed they were able ...more
Linda
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOODNESS! I felt so sorry for Lia as she tried to satisfy her grandparents! Forced into an arranged marriage when she was just eighteen, all she wanted was her art degree and to teach art in Europe instead of marrying a man who was eight years older than her! I loved that Devraj, Shah a student from India studying to be an architect stood by his love of Lia and held on until the bride to be entered the church believing that the love of his life chose her grandparent's wish to marry a man ...more
Madi
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gloria Silk wrote a touching star crossed lovers romance that bring the story of young lovers Lia and Devraj who come from two very different worlds and cultures. With so many obstacles in their way, Lia and Devraj try and fight for their love, but the odds at times seem to be against them. Forced to choose between family and once in a lifetime kind of love, their story delivers emotional and heart breaking moments. I read this book in one evening without putting it down, wanting to see what and ...more
Reader43
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story about melding two different strong cultures

The heartbreaking part is the family will exert pressure no matter what decision they make. The HEA is wonderful and makes one believe in love. The strength of their love is wonderful. A great love like this has a chance of surviving over time. For those who love romance and happy endings. I received this free and am voluntarily writing a review.
Terry Hammoutene
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This is short love story that follows Lia and Devraj. There are many complications that makes it impossible for them to be together. They have decisions that an 18 and 20 year old should never have to make. Their family obligations do not make it easy for them either.
I thought this was a good story, there were a couple parts that had me scratching my head but I would still recommend it.

** I received this book in exchange for an honest review**
Amanda Williams
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Not a bad little romance read but it feels a little heavy.
Yuuki Nakashima
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
It was a well-written bittersweet romance. Although it was a short story with a few main characters, one thing led to another and it made me so excited.
The college students Lia and Dev love each other but struggle with their religious traditions. Lia's wishy-washy attitudes sometimes made me irritated but we're so realistic.
The romantic scenes made me remember some of my memories and my heart pounded while reading.
I'm so curious about what will happen next. I should read the next book soon!!

(I
Gloria Silk
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written love story, June 23, 2016
By Amazon Customer - Elizabeth Lennox
Verified Purchase
This review is from: First and Only Destiny: First Love, First Kiss, Forever Love?

Beautifully written love story. The prose in this book is extraordinary, the emotions heart-breaking and the author leaves you hanging on the edge right to the end of the story. I could feel the characters' happiness, confusion, pain and sadness. When it rained, I felt that rain on me, when the
Komjatszegi Calina
rated it it was ok
May 30, 2017
Cat Ellington
May 04, 2018
Claudia Cortinas
rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2017
Feb 16, 2018
Theresa Douglas
May 05, 2018
Gloria Silk
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Request for Book Review 1 1 Jul 11, 2017 10:26AM
Authors & Reviewers: Request for book review 1 17 Nov 10, 2016 12:25PM
Goodreads Reviewe...: Request for book review 1 7 Nov 10, 2016 12:23PM

• Far From Falling: Summer at Falling Pines Lake
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • King Takes Queen (Avalon Prophecy, #1)
  • What Magic Is This?
  • What the Birds See
  • The Lady in the Cellar: Murder, Scandal and Insanity in Victorian Bloomsbury
  • Strictly Unprofessional
  • Winter Arrives (Secrets in the Snow, #1)
  • Sass
  • The Timeless Curse of Lord Dabney
  • Returning for Valentine's
  • 世界から猫が消えたなら
  • Last Play (Last Play #1)
  • An Angel for Christmas
  • To Catch a Leprechaun
  • Moonrise
  • Baking with Kim-Joy: Cute and Creative Bakes to Make You Smile
  • The Bad Place
USA Today Bestselling Author, Gloria Silk, writes empowering, sensuous international romance. Her books are filled with intense passion and swoon-worthy happy-ever-afters. The love stories concentrate on the many facets of romantic relationships and strong and complex family bonds.

Her debut novel 'First and Only Destiny' and 'Second Destiny' have been re-released in their second editions.

The long