Start by marking “The Lone Gladio” as Want to Read:
The Lone Gladio

The Lone Gladio

Assassinations. Drug running. False flag ops. A shadow paramilitary global network. Synthetic wars. CIA-NATO: A darker truth. Operation Gladio Plan B: Murder.

OG 68—a k a Greg McPhearson—no longer works for the company. The hunter has now become prey. He knows this beast: what created him and shattered his soul. Until Mai. When he opened the door to her three years ago, he
Paperback, one, 374 pages
Published September 11th 2014 by Sibel Edmonds (first published August 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Lone Gladio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lone Gladio

Brian Michels
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My rating is 4.5. The writing style was good and the story structure was interesting, maybe jarring, (wondered why). Overall, an intense read; especially knowing that the author had to write this story as fiction because she was a silenced FBI Translator Whistle-blower. Scary stuff here.
Kathy Wittig
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kathy by: 100
The Lone Gladio is unlike any 'spy' novel I have read. Sibel Edmonds has proven herself to be a very talented writer and publisher, several fold.
After introducing key characters, the author takes us on a whirlwind of events from DC to Cambodia [with significant links to other key countries] unfolded with impeccable detail.
I am not unfamiliar with the issues addressed, any pieces I ever wondered about now fit together neatly. The unveiling of NATO as the root of massive death and destruction is
S.H. Villa
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the true skins on the for real deal, as we used to say in my youth. Sibel is the most gagged woman in the US, so she has slipped around the censorship by writing what she knows as a novel. And a very compelling read it is too without being in anyway the conventional spy thriller.
It contains full and horrifying details of the torture the CIA operatives are trained to carry out, it sets out how the CIA monitor and vet information, including information for release to the media. It gives us
Devin
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

4.5/5 Looking forward to more from Ms. Edmonds!
George Ashmore
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If I don't win this, I will have to ask it for Christmas. I have read several excellent reviews about the book & the subject matter. Looking forward to a great read.
Valerie
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking

Great story. Terrible if it’s based on truth which it purports to be. I read it on my Kindle, but now want to order hard copy. So many facts and events I want to revisit. Many others have described the story; no need for me to do that. The book makes me sure that my distrust of governments in general was not just a gut feeling. It is written like an entertaining novel.
Haley
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another thrilling and well-written book from FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds, this time taking a stab at the fiction (semi-fiction?) genre.

It's a captivating look at the Deep State politics from the perspective of one who used to work on that side of things. There are more than a few kernels (boulders?) of truth in this fiction novel of a former CIA deep cover agent gone rogue and settling a few scores of his own while managing to disrupt terrorist plots set up by other CIA deep state players.

E
A.J.
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
An engaging, quick thriller. Given Edmonds' background, one wonders how much of her novel was written by her real-world experience with the Deep State? Not unlike Keys to the Kingdom, you're left to ponder the question "Are some truths told only through fiction?" Even if you knew nothing else about Sibel Edmonds, The Lone Gladio is a fine action novel waiting for a film treatment.
Aaron
Dec 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book through a first reads giveaway.

I just wasn't feeling it. The first part of the novel was hard to follow without any real point I felt, and by the time I got into the second part, I just didn't care about any of the characters or what they were trying to solve. I actually couldn't finish it. I normally give books 100 pages to keep me entertained, and this one just didn't do it for me.
Scott
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Starts slowly, very disjointed. It has a certain style that's Hard to follow. But eventually it starts to make sense, then moves right along. Most characters are completely undeveloped, and it's Almost too clean -- nothing ever goes wrong for the lead character, despite the crazy complicated nature of the goings-on. But I enjoyed it eventually. Would read more stories about the same operatives.
Kevin
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Quite enjoyable as a political thriller. I suggest first reading the author's "Classified Woman", a memoir which establishes her credibility in having first-hand knowledge of the corruption in our National Security State at all levels. One can only wonder how much of this fictional work is, in fact, grounded in the realities that she could only hint at in the earlier outstanding piece of non-fiction.
Summer
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was riveted and fascinated by this book! It was an absolute page turner for me. I admire Ms. Edmonds courage in writing about such scary matters that happen within our government. I highly recommend reading her first book "Classifed Woman," first, before reading "the Lone Gladio." It allowed to me understand and get everything at a much deeper level. Both are definite must reads!
Andrei
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is absolutely great! One would not expect whistleblower to make the novel of such a high literature quality. No doubt major messages are in the factual part of the work which is surely very disturbing. But the fact the reader get a chance to digest it so easily and with such an interest makes it even more appealing.
Cynthia Rennolds
Excellent Spy Novel

Edmonds has written a first class spy novel, filled with twists, turns and international intrigue. He well drawn out characters and mastery of detail show that she really knows her stuff. If you like Ludlum, Le Carre, etc you are going to want to read The Lone Gladio!
Richard Rosen
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A gripping novel that portrays the behind the scene workings of terrorism, agency spying on Congress, sexual perversions of those in power - what's really going in government. Written by someone who's been there and has firsthand knowledge of it all.
Kathryn Reimer
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Very cinematic and an interesting analytical approach to writing, but a little fractured and clumsy - it was thought provoking about the state of our government and its involvement with terror organizations.
Amy
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookclub-book
I'd give this 3.5 stars. fun read, good characters. thought the writing was lackluster in places
Janet
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Edmonds is a fabulous writer and journalist; an amazingly interesting read.
David Altemeier
May 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
I really wanted to like this, as I have no doubt that the sorts of stuff that happens in here is what intelligence agencies are really up to.
But gaaaaaawd, the writing is AWFUL.
Adam Ferris
Jan 31, 2015
Amy
Dec 31, 2014
Sibel Edmonds
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kortney Cakes
Dec 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA
  • Behind the Green Mask
  • Sinister Forces—The Manson Secret: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft
  • The Killing of a President: The Complete Photographic Record of the JFK Assassination
  • UFOs for the 21st Century Mind: A Fresh Guide to an Ancient Mystery
  • Conspiracy Theory in America
  • Remember Who You Are: Remember Where You Are and Where You Come from
  • Babylon Rising: And The First Shall Be Last (updated and expanded)
  • Secret Societies and Their Power in the 20th Century: A Guide Through the Entanglements of Lodges with High Finance and Politics
  • Beyond Peace
  • The Cosmic War: Interplanetary Warfare, Modern Physics, and Ancient Texts
  • Deep Politics and the Death of JFK
  • Zenith 2016: Did Something Begin in the Year 2012 That Will Reach Its Apex in 2016?
  • Between Two Ages
  • Earths Forbidden Secrets: Part 1 Searching for the Past
  • Crash at Corona: The U.S. Military Retrieval and Cover-Up of a UFO
  • Secret History of Rock 'n' Roll: The Mysterious Roots of Modern Music
  • The Polk Conspiracy: Murder and Cover-Up in the Case of CBS News Correspondent George Polk
Sibel Edmonds is editor of Boiling Frogs Post, founder-director of the National Security Whistleblowers Coalition, author of the acclaimed book Classified Woman: The Sibel Edmonds Story, and a new novel The Lone Gladio. She is the recipient of the 2006 PEN/Newman’s Own First Amendment Award. Ms. Edmonds has been subjected to several government-asserted State Secrets Privilege orders, and the U.S. ...more