Start by marking “The Blood Curse (Cursed Kingdoms, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Blood Curse (Cursed Kingdoms, #3)

The Blood Curse

(The Cursed Kingdoms #3)

Those who drink the water shall thirst for blood. They shall be as wild beasts.

A blood curse is ravaging the Seven Kingdoms. Fugitive Osgaardan prince, Harkeld, is the one person who can destroy it. Guarded by Sentinel mages, pursued by Fithian assassins, he begins the final—and most dangerous—stage of his quest: entering the cursed kingdom of Sault, where drinking even
Published June 24th 2015 by Solaris (first published June 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Blood Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood Curse

Start your review of The Blood Curse (Cursed Kingdoms, #3)
Robin (Bridge Four)
The Cursed Kingdoms is what I like to call Travelocity. In this series the characters are always on a quest and moving camping and going to a destination. This is the third book in this series so I should be used to it. But where only one or two story lines were traveling before now EVERYONE is traveling and it is hinted that by the end all PoVs will meet up.

This added a nice bit of tension as I wondered ‘when will everything collide?’. But at the same time travelling FOR ME in books can get
Blodeuedd Finland
This is old school fantasy, it's light and they are on a journey.

First we have Harkeld and the witches. Sometimes I just wanted to hit him. The witches are good! They are trying to help! Do not be an ass about it. It's the whole, oh you lied to me, Innis is not a man! Get over it Harky boy. But then again I can understand his anger, I'd be totally embarrassed too.
Also, the witches have been dying like flies so far, they do not seem that powerful.

Another POV is Britta who has been taken by
Maria Itliong
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read-books
Great finale for The Cursed Kingdoms Trilogy and it was well written. Great ending for the main characters, especially for Prince Harkeld and Innis as well as Princess Britta and Karel and young Jaume...
Tina
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A race to break a curse to save kingdoms, and along the way, an animosity between peoples for their differences, a tale of strength, kindness, and love. For all the killing, plotting, and saving of kingdoms, the story has a sweet ending. A wonderful story!
Rhyson
Feb 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Guess what, everybody? If you drink lots of opiates, getting raped won't bother you! At all! In fact, not only will it not turn you into a drug addict, getting raped while high on drugs will give you confidence!
This message is brought to you by the same author who thinks getting beaten while trapped in slavery has no emotional effects and those who abuse opiates can simply stop doing drugs whenever they want without major therapy and support.

Appalling.

The rest of my review before the
Anne Monteith
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a well-written story filled with interesting characters, magic and the world building is well-executed. Those who enjoy epic fantasy will like this and with the final novel to be released on June 24th it is the perfect time to start the series if you haven’t already so that you can read them back to back. This is the final book in this series and it tied the loose end up nicely. Overall I enjoyed the entire series though I did have some issues with it; I read many different genres, ...more
Gavin Gates
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OK, so let me start by throwing this in the honesty box, I’ve got a bit of a sentimental attachment to Emily Gee and this excellent series. A while back, after being a 10+ year reader of Mass Movement I got the opportunity to start reviewing books for them, they were short somebody who loved to lose hours at a time to monsters, myths, swords and sorcery and I just so happened to fit the bill, well, at least on the side of interest, if not writing skills.
When Tim Mass Movement handed me my first
Kenzi
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
So that sucked. I'm sorry Green but I just didn't like it. Honestly this whole trilogy was if-y.
I didn't like how the book just ended. I mean, the author could have done so much more with these books. Now, this is just my personal opinion but I didn't like how she just tied up all the loose ends and stopped writing. She could have gone so much more in depth with these books and didn't. She could have even added more books to the series, and you know what, I would have read them because I've
Amelia
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this series and the last book did not disappoint.
It was very well written; each chapter gave just enough detail to keep you up to date with each different characters struggles, maintaining interest throughout the book so I could never put it down.
I really liked how Britta's character developed through the story; becoming a true heroine with determination and resolve.

There were a lot of characters killed in this book, with very little time to process each massacre; drawing
Haley
I really enjoy Emily Gee and I was so happy to find this book in my local bookstore the other day! I enjoyed The Blood Curse, but found that it was slightly to long for my taste. I just wanted to know what happened, alright. Everybody basically dies in horrifying ways as well, and I didn't super enjoy that but it was a good story, and I love my happy ending.

I thought that it took Harkeld way to long to change his perspective on the mages. I greatly enjoyed Britta and Karl, and Innis was
Fifi Shepherd
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book redeemed anything that irritated me about the first two books.
Harkeld?! Turned out I actually liked him in this book!

Such a truly satisfying end to the series with all the loose ends tied up.
Dare I say I kind of want to know how Karel, Britta and Jaumé end up? I want to know what happens to the kingdom! Then again, the best stories are those we don't know all the details, I think.

Very happy I picked this one up :)
Aeron Trahaearn
harakeld is BAE!! okay so i would have liked to hear his proposal to innis but np...its alright, I also would have liked to know what happens with osegeard but hey "the world is not a wish granting factory!" loved this book especially the jokes I mean ...Where is the whore with the sore tooth...." I died laughing!!
Karen Cowgill
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give more than 5 stars!!! This book was FANTASTIC!! It is the third book in a trilogy, The Sentinel Mage was book 1, The Fire Prince was book 2, and The Blood Curse was the end. If you like fantasy, sorcery, and derring do...this is the one for YOU!!
Cate Ellink
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adored this book and the trilogy. Fantastic characters, ripping story, never shied away from telling a tale that rang of truth. Loved it.
Soula
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't expect to enjoy this series as much as I did. The first book pulled me in with the cross-dressing mage protecting a prince on a dangerous quest. Unfortunately, I was very much put-off by the very mature adult treatment of women and children of the set time period. But I came to recognize that while the things that occurred to some characters were hard to stomach, they were relatively accurate to the time period and Gee did a tasteful job of portraying these events without excessive ...more
Grace Zhao
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Overall, I enjoyed reading this book. The premises was interesting, the plot was exciting, (some of) the characters were likable. I was just very fed up with plot armor that the main characters had while side characters dropped dead like flies, sometimes soon after they were introduced. (view spoiler) ...more
Dava Stewart
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read all three stories in this series back to back, and within about 2 weeks. I like fantasy, and especially when the characters are well drawn and there is a good mixture of action and slow-building tension, as there was here.

There were also multiple story lines. Often when that is the case, I prefer one to the others and am annoyed or bored when the story switches lanes. In this case, they were all equally interesting and contributed to the whole picture.

If you like fantasy, stories with
Neill Smith
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third book in The Cursed Lands Trilogy moves Prince Harkeld and the Sentinel mages to Saul where the third and last Curse stone is located. The new king of Osgaard has commissioned the Fithian assassins, a legendary group of extremely efficient outcasts welded into a brotherhood, to keep Prince Harkeld from fulfilling his quest to destroy the last stone. The interrelationships between the members of the Prince’s allies, the plots of the Fithians, and the movements of Princess Britta and her ...more
Bill
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A few things an author should remember... 1. Relationships have to be real. Gotta be able to believe the characters care for each other. 2. The action has to be intense. 3. The cost has to be high. People have to die and die dreadfully to show that it may be possible the main characters too will die. 4. You've gotta mix intense with humor. All of these and more are met in this great ending to this series. If you like fantasy books, you will love this one!!
Loren C
May 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Pretty anticlimactic, and not too many threads ACTUALLY wrapped up in the end. Also, I resent trilogies where they give you a bunch of suspense about whether or not two people will bang, and walk you through them banging other people, and then at the end when it's high time for them to bang, it is merely IMPLIED that they banged or will bang. And I didn't think it was necessary to kill Bennick. And I don't think Jaume could have done it anyway. And Jaume is a stupid name. There.
Lynn
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Thankfully, the final book in the series concludes the issues introduced in the previous 2 books. Again, the narrative suffered from over-writing in several places (was it really necessary to have only one survivor in the assassin's ambush?). Also a bit of a cliché having the Princess fall in love with her bodyguard.
Cory Stier
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

An excellent conclusion to a fun and fast moving series. I would definitely recommend it. Now I am going to try her other novels and fingers crossed they are as entertaining.
Lisa P
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Satisfying end to the series. I liked how the curse had its own twist at each location. There was a lot more of Britta’s and Jaume’s stories in this book. I also liked how Britta’s character became fully realized- not just a pretty princess waiting to be rescued.
Heather Hood
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series

This was a very good read. I thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy. Well thought out characters, good pacing and one of those books you want to read in one sitting. Well done Emily Gee.
Peter Carlstrom
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best of series

It was nonstop action in this conclusion to the tale. The characters have become clear snd chiseled, love interests crystallized and commitments followed, magic was more potent, battles bloody and brutal. In one word it was great!
Justine McCrann
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Excellent. Great easy to read storyline. Some chapters are graphic in there telling. Would recommend this series. Great lunchtime escape hour
Robert Hargesheimer
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I read this trilogy in record time (for me). Very well written, and left me wishing the story could go on.
Highly recommended.
John
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emily-gee
Absolutely loved this book. It finishes the "The Cursed Kingdoms Trilogy", which I highly recommend if you are a fan of mages, assassins, and folks trying to save countries from a blood curse.
Volpot
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars. OK, I suppose. Story became too predictable and almost seemed to be ac heck-the-boxes ending
Anayansi
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So sad to see this trilogy end!!! Best books to curl up with when you want to escape EVERYTHING...

• Unmasking Miss Appleby (Baleful Godmother, #1)
  • Sworn to Raise (Courtlight #1)
  • Protect the Prince (Crown of Shards, #2)
  • Mystic and Rider (Twelve Houses, #1)
  • Magic Lost, Trouble Found (Raine Benares #1)
  • Blood Binds (Wyrd Blood Book 3)
  • Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System
  • Spark City (Spark City Cycle, #1)
  • After Leaving Mr. Mackenzie
  • Vita and Harold: The Letters of Vita Sackville-West and Harold Nicolson
  • Armed & Magical (Raine Benares #2)
  • Infinite Self: 33 Steps to Reclaiming Your Inner Power
  • Never Deny a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #3)
  • Cured: The Tale of Two Imaginary Boys
  • The Wild Marquis (The Burgundy Club, #1)
  • The Summoner (Chronicles of the Necromancer, #1)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • Heiress Without a Cause (Muses of Mayfair, #1)
Emily also writes historical romance novels as Emily Larkin.

Emily grew up in a house full of words and books – her mother was a librarian and her father a novelist – so perhaps it’s not surprising she became a writer.

She loves to travel and has lived in Sweden, backpacked in Europe, and journeyed overland in the Middle East, China, North Africa, and North America. She enjoys climbing hills, yoga

The Cursed Kingdoms (3 books)
  • The Sentinel Mage (The Cursed Kingdoms, #1)
  • The Fire Prince (The Cursed Kingdoms, #2)