Start by marking “The Mistress Experiment (Mistress, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Mistress Experiment (Mistress, #1)

The Mistress Experiment (Mistress #1)

A wealthy British doctor with an innocent bet:
Transform a girl from the streets into a high society mistress.

A sassy Latina who makes the agreement:
Pretend to be someone else and get a ticket out of hell.

The rules:
No sex.
No lies.
No falling in love.

As truths become twisted, and passion turns dominant and all-consuming, playing the game becomes playing for keeps. Someone mu
Published November 5th 2014 by Elizabeth Otto

To ask other readers questions about The Mistress Experiment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mistress Experiment

Jennifer Lunsford
Jan 13, 2015 Jennifer Lunsford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recieved a copy of this book for an honest review.

Things I look for in a great book...
Hot British doctor
Strong determine woman
Overcoming your past
Loyalty and strong family ties

As you can see Elizabeth Otto's The Mistress Experiment has all you could want and them some!

Don't let the name fool you this is in no way a story of infidelity but of a woman who takes control of her life and never lets her dreams die.

When Anamila DePardo decides to volunteer at County hospital just to be near her s
When I first read the summary for The Mistress Experiment, I knew I had to read it. I’m always game for a steamy read involving a HOT doctor, and the hero in this one is also British, so win-win for me.

What I LOVED most about this story is how both Mila and Isaac are such strong characters that go way beyond the “he’s rich, she’s poor” element. Their personalities are complimentary, and they are both selfless individuals who want to work towards a common goal. Dr. Isaac Kimball is a pediatric su
Oct 09, 2014 Diane rated it it was amazing
I was gifted an ARC for an honest review.

The Mistress Experiment is far different than her last series and I was apprehensive at first. My very first impression was an erotic Eliza Doolittle and was ready to hate it. Oh boy was I wrong. Elizabeth carried it off masterfully. The start was a little slow, but by the time I was at the point that I either quit reading or am sucked in, I was sucked fully into the book and story.

Mila and Isaac are on diametrically opposed ends of the population and the
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Oct 17, 2014 SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews rated it really liked it
This was a great fun read, it kind of reminded me of Pretty Woman, just that Mila is not a hooker. But the overall story, poor girl has a business agreement with a rich guy and they end up falling in love
You can find my full review here:
Maria Rose
Mar 31, 2015 Maria Rose rated it really liked it
This modern version of My Fair Lady stars Isaac and Mila. Mila has a checkered past, something she is trying desperately to leave behind. When Isaac proposes a way for her to overcome her financial hardships by pretending to be his mistress, in the process transforming her from a poor woman to one acceptable to high British society, she reluctantly agrees. But pretending to be a mistress and actually becoming one are two different things and when the lines get blurred, will Mila and Isaac be abl ...more
Give Me Books
Dec 09, 2014 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh My Goodness! Sexy, alpha Englishman Isaac had me gushing and fanning myself constantly. When Isaac’s cousin, Jensen, comes to visit him, he proposes a bet Isaac can't refuse…

Isaac must get a working-class girl, polish her up and convince his peers that she's his mistress. Isaac is, at first, hesitant but then realizes he has the perfect candidate: Mila.

Mila has not had the easiest life, and my heart went out to her because, despite her really trying to make a better life for herself, she st
Oct 26, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I was sucked in a pulled under by this book! I don't normally read steamy romance but this one stood out from the crowd. The main characters are flawed but still likable, which is a difficult but important balance for an author to strike. The plot was an intriguing modern take on Pygmalion, the locations were believably written and clearly well-researched, and the romance was super sexy. I don't usually describe romances as page turners, but this one certainly was! Great pacing and a satisfying ...more
~ Becs ~
Nov 08, 2014 ~ Becs ~ marked it as to-read
Sounds kinda like My Fair Lady/Pygmalion
Nov 05, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Anamila (Mila) DePardo burden with taking care of both her mother and sister, as they can’t get their life together. This has made things very hard on Mila as she struggles to keep them all alive. Trying to put her criminal past behind her while in between sneaking a few minutes a couple times a week to see her nephew. Volunteering at the hospital has been the escape she needed. When Dr. Isaac Kimball keeps bumping into her, she can’t help but feel the attraction they have but Mila knows nothing ...more
I couldn't resist the premise of this book in a series I'm sure I'll love with all my heart. After I finished it, it's obvious this is a stand-alone so the other books will cover other characters which I assume we meet in the first one. Yay! Because I liked all of them.
So, rich man grudgingly accepts a bet from his cousin to turn a poor girl into his mistress in front of posh society in My Fair Lady style. I had to read that! And what a surprise this has been in the best sense of the word. It's
Nov 05, 2014 ChuCha rated it it was amazing
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Move a little bit, Christian Grey…

Dr. Isaac Kimball will melt your panties away with his accent, his brains and his looks – not to mention his way in bed. How can you decline his offer?

He’s a great guy, a pediatric surgeon who tries to help those people who needed his work the most. On the other hand, he too has a darker side, usually confined in the privacy of the bedroom. But after his trust has been broken by one of th
Mar 26, 2016 Vivian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
First of all, thank you to author Elizabeth Otto for gifted Collector of Book Boyfriends with The Mistress Experiment (Mistress series #1) arc!

I think that the book description for this book does it no justice! I LOVED The Mistress Experiment! I had a hard time putting this book down. Isaac and Mila’s characters were instantly lovable.

Isaac is a British pediatric doctor from London, who came to Chicago to get away from his eccentric, bipolar father and a personal dilemma that is threatening his
Angie McLain-Fan Girl Book Blog
“Most of her life had been spent on emotional neutral. She had no idea if she had a switch to anything else on.”

5 Shiny Stars

The Mistress Experiment is the perfect blend of emotion, sexiness, conflict and romance. Having been waiting for this book, since I heard of its impending release, I was beyond ready to dive in and devour this story.

The Mistress Experiment is layered, meticulously written, and executed flawlessly. Not just another love story about two deliciously damaged and flawed char
Nice and Naughty Book Club
This story takes the age old tradition of a man taking a Mistress and puts a modern day twist on it. Isaac is not married but is no stranger to having a Mistress although it's been years since he's been in that sort of relationship. After being betrayed & blackmailed by his ex fiancé, Isaac moves half way across the world, starting over but hiding his true self from others and avoiding intimacy with women.

Mila has had a hard life, doing whatever she has had to do to support her fami
Gloria Herrera
Nov 04, 2014 Gloria Herrera rated it it was amazing
Can we ever out run the errors of our past? Are they really errors or just reminders that we are human after all and bound to make mistakes. In the end, we should be able to make mistakes, learn from them, and pursue a better path in life.

Mila has had her share of troubles. From a very young age, she was forced to take care of both her mother and her sister. Her mother's drinking and her sister's loose life have both been the reason she made choices she regrets now. Going to prison for stealing
Nov 14, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is from: The Mistress Experiment (Mistress series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is book 1 of this series.It is well written and characters are well defined!!! Dr Isaac Kimball is a sexy, hot, British pediatric surgeon with a dark,kinky side he keeps hidden usually in the bedroom.After sharing his darker side with his last relationship it ended badly, know he refuses to let his heart feel anything! Until he met Mila, A sassy, spunky street smart almost homeless woman, who is working h
Karen Bowman
Oct 05, 2014 Karen Bowman rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review. This book comes out November 14th. You must put it on your TBR list. You will not be disappointed.

I LOVED this book! This is book 1 in a new series so you get brief introductions to a cast of characters some are just a pass by others have bigger roles. This book shows you that life is not all roses and rich or poor people/families have issues.

The story line and the push and pull of Isaac and Mila were stressful at times. The way they both
Nov 13, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
Falling in love while trying to keep things nonpersonal and buisnesslike isnt always easy as these two find out. A rich British Doctor with a secret dominate side pairs with an woman with a record who dreams of turning her life around.

Mila might have spent some time in jail three years ago but that isn't who she is or wants to be. Poor and struggling is just the way of life when your mother is a drunk and sister a drug dealing prostitute.

Issac has been fixing every problem and issue his family
She Hearts Books
Nov 05, 2014 She Hearts Books rated it really liked it
Mila has spent her life taking care of her family. Between her drinking way too much mom and her prostitute sister with a baby she couldn't raise, Mila has had her hands full. Her refuge is the time that she spends volunteering at the hospital where she spends time with a little boy. This is where she meets Isaac who is a doctor there. There is definitely some serious chemistry happening between them and Isaac asks for her help to win a bet by becoming his mistress. At first it is a rouse, but t ...more
Hazel Robertson
Oct 29, 2014 Hazel Robertson rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Mila has experienced hardship and poverty her entire life and has struggled to keep her family afloat. Along the way she has made some bad choices however that is all behind her and she is trying to do some good.

Isaac is fighting against the man he is due to past experiences and trying to protect his position and family.

When the 2 of them meet some choices need to be made. Neither of them want to compromise their views but fate wi
Nov 07, 2014 Rosemary rated it really liked it
An ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Elizabeth Otto is a new author for me. The description of this book definitely caught my eye so I jumped at the chance to try for an ARC. I am happy to say that the book surpassed my expectations. I have a weakness for British characters and Isaac was a quick favorite for me as I read. I loved how reserved and in control he was. It made it all the more exciting once he lost some of that iron held control later in the book. Mila t
Oct 27, 2014 Leana rated it really liked it
I was gifted an ARC for an honest review.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and getting to know the main characters, Isaac and Mila. I loved Mila's strength and how she refused to give up even under the direst circumstances. Isaac was a treat because not only was he a gentleman (hot and dominant), he took some time to figure out what was going on in his heart and ultimately didn't let anything get in his way.

I especially liked when Mila happened upon the Mistresses book. It was very intriguing and
I was given this novel as an ARC by the author

I always said there is just a bit of sanity in the craziness. After reading this novel the statement could not be truer. I really felt for the character of Mila and her struggles to survive and be a good person to the one person she loved from birth. Elizabeth gave great detail in the struggles of living life in poverty and trying to just survive day to day. This has a HEA, but has realistic qualities that say "Yes, one day I'll get past this".

I can'
Kelly F
Oct 30, 2014 Kelly F rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, romance, arc
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this story. I fell in love with Mila! She is strong, compassionate, and a feisty Latina!! the scenes at the hospital with her nephew had me in tears.

Dr. Isaac Kimball is the hot British pediatrician. Hmm, a hot doc with an accent, loves kids and an alpha to boot!! Put these two characters together and boom -- let the chemistry begin!

I enjoyed watching the characters grow and learn from each other. Two people from two different
Nov 06, 2014 XxTainaxX rated it it was amazing
I LOVED Isaac and Mila's story. Besides the fact that Mila was a compatriot of mine :) the story was fantastically developed and written. This is my first from Elizabeth but it certainly won't be my last. The imagery was on point. The dialogue flowed smoothly. The internal conflict was real. It was a glimpse into the lengths good people have to go to protect their own. I love that premise. The chemistry between Isaac and Mila is off the charts and the love scenes prove it with some HOT action. I ...more
Bette Hansen
Nov 03, 2014 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
This book is vastly different from the others I have read by this author and I started reading it with a bit of apprehension. A quarter of the way through the book all the apprehension was gone and I couldn't put it done. Mila is from the streets and does what she needs to do to get by. She longs for a way to get ahead. Issac seems to have it all. Wealthy, successful, handsome and very mysterious. But he craves so much more. This is a very sexy read that was completely entertaining. I highly rec ...more
Nicole Smith
Oct 17, 2014 Nicole Smith rated it really liked it
This is a really great story. First book I've read by Elizabeth and I have to say she has gained a new reader. I highly recommend you give her a try you won't be disappointed. Loved the characters. I did want to smack Isaac a few times though, but he does redeem himself. What a strong character Mila is. Changing her life after all the hardships she endured in her life. Couldn't be happier reading her journey to her HEA.
Sep 02, 2015 CC rated it liked it
Seems I am in the minority on this one. Perhaps, I my expectations were too high, but I didn't feel a strong connection between Isaac and Mila until the very end of the book. I did like Mila - she is a strong and honorable woman but Isaac was not as steamy as I hoped. Even though the experiment was mutually agreed upon, it bothered me that Mila was treated as a mistress upon their arrival to London. Overall, my rating is 3.25 stars.
loves 2 read romance
Oct 12, 2014 loves 2 read romance rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC of this book and I was absolutely blown away. This story is engrossing and amazingly hot. Isaac is a Dr in the need of a mistress. Mila is the lady that fits the bill. will the hidden secrets tear them apart or bring them together. I could not put this book down it is utterly enthralling and just a little different from the norm. Highly recommend this book.
wendy Shelton
Nov 16, 2014 wendy Shelton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this kinda of like a Cinderella story meets pretty woman. Issac is a hot docter who has a big heart and big pockets. Mila who has a past is poor, but has a golden heart. These two characters are wonderful the love you feel from them makes you root for them. this was a great read. I was given this book for an honest review and I was not disappointed.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)
  • First Temptation (Covert Affairs, #1.2)
  • Breaking All the Rules: An Erotic Novella
  • Playing Doctor
  • Close to Heart (Healing Harts #3)
  • Seducing Helena (Calendar Men, #3)
  • The Wedding Band (Save the Date, #3)
  • Up to Me (Shore Secrets, #1)
  • Healing Her Heart (Stanton Family, #3)
  • The Best of Me (Return to Briarwood, #2)
  • Faythe Reclaimed (Hanaford Park #3)
  • Hollie Porter Builds a Raft
  • The Trouble With Sexy (Rock Canyon Romance, #0.5)
  • Her Lucky Cowboy (Montana Men, #3)
  • No Reservations (The Winemaker's Dinner, #0.6)
  • The Letter (Calendar Men, #7)
  • Beneath the Surface
  • Love of the Game (Stardust, Texas, #3)
Elizabeth writes steamy contemporary and paranormal romance by day, and works as an Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate by night. The night shift provides never-ending fodder for plots, characters and story lines! When not creating characters or saving lives, she wrangles three demonic children and tends to her heirloom garden in the beautiful Midwest.

Watch for Elizabeth's Paint River Cowbo
More about Elizabeth Otto...

Mistress (2 books)
  • If You're Willing (Mistress Series, #2)