Start by marking “Born To Die (To Die, #3)” as Want to Read:
Born To Die (To Die, #3)

Born To Die

(To Die #3)

Appearances. . .
A sad, strange coincidence. . .that's Dr. Kacey Lambert's initial response to the deaths of two women who bear an uncanny resemblance to herself. It's not like there was any real connection between Kacey and the B-movie actress or the elementary school teacher. But Detective Selena Alvarez suspects otherwise.

Can Be. . .

One of the bodies contained traces of
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published September 7th 2011 by Recorded Records (first published January 1st 2011)

Vivisection
I really don't understand how I have made it to 43 and NOT been murdered by a serial killer. I'm perpetually single. I live alone. I run at night. I have TWO cats. Sometimes I do the on-line dating. What? Now even deranged murdering men don't want me?

It's hard being a spinster.
Mandy
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started out good, it roped me in. All these women are dying in mysterious ways that look like accidents but both detectives on the Grizzly Falls police force seem to think different. It seems that all these women dying have a common factor... they all look alike. So much alike that they could pass as relatives.

Acacia Lambert, a doctor in town starts to put two and two together and together with Trace O' Halloran decides to look into this crazy murder mystery and discovers much more th
Wendy Soliman
A promising start but I soon got bogged down in stuff that didn't drive the story forward. I was confused. Was the doctor the main character, or was it the female detectives? It made sense to have backstory for the doctor, it was necessary to the plot, but I'm at a loss to understand why we needed to know so much about one of the detective's difficult teenage children - they had nothing to do with anything - or the other detective's obsession with her boss.

I wanted to enjoy this book, and in par
Terri Lynn
I really enjoyed this book though the whole premise is extremely improbable. This is third in a series about 2 female police detectives in the little hick town of Grizzly Falls, Montana- Selena Alvarez and Regan Pescoli.

Dr. Kacey Lambert discovers that a Hollywood actress who was originally from the area apparently died of an overdose in California. The actress looks a lot like her. Bells sound off in her head when other women in this rural area who also look like her begin having accidents and
Carol
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Lisa Jackson book, and it gets an average rating from me. It is quite long, and though the two main detectives are repetitive characters, side characters mostly badies and some goodies run most of the story. The story basics are a man who donates his sperm to a bank, then many many years later goes back and kills the people he spawned. Strange preface for a story. Not my favorite.
CD {Boulder Blvd}
2.5 stars rounded up...

I got tired of the repetitive nature of Pescoli's character. Her family and lover issues keep getting revisited but never progress. It's a treadmill of the same stuff over and over. We get way too much Pescoli and not enough Alvarez.

The plot itself was good and I liked Kacey and Trace. There was a point where Kacey did a TSTL move.

The ending had some open items on the case that would have been nice to totally wrap up with consequences but at least you know where it was h
Randy Tramp
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Setting: Grizzly Falls, Montana

Detectives Selena Alvarez and Regan Pescoli confront one of the most bizarre cases of their careers. Girls that look alike are dying mysteriously.

Kacey looks like the girls having deadly accidents. She wonders if she's next.

What a ride. Mystery and suspense fill the pages of "Born to Die." I found my pulse beating fast as my eyes traveled faster over the words. Heart-pounding good.

This story focused more on Kacey and her friend, Trace O'Halleran. Two great characte
Tabi34
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lisa-jackson
Scary, creepy and wow...close to the truth. What you think when you look at a "perfect" family isn't always what you get.

This book is #3 in the Montana series, but it begins in LA with the death of an actress, who looks a lot like a doctor in Grizzly Falls, Montana where bodies of women who look eerily similar start to pile up.

The characters of Grizzly Falls are all there - Selena who works too much; Reagan with her two problem kids and a hunk of a boyfriend who wants to be more; Sheriff Dan G
Meigan
Better than the last one in the Pescoli/Alvarez series. This one had alot of things going on, which doesn't bother me because it makes for a more in - depth read. I like the setting of Grizzly Falls and Montana, I like the cast of recurring characters, although I would like to actually see some of the more interesting folks play bigger roles, like the town weirdos Grace Perchant and Ivor Hicks. They are quirky and add some interest when things get monotonous. I would also like to finally hear Al ...more
Diane
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book, it doesn't just deal with Alvarez and Pescoli, it involves the victims instead. The Alvarez and Pescoli story is a side step, but joins up with the main theme much further into the book.

The basic story here is all these look-alikes with roots in the state of Montana are being killed off by "accident" and the big question is why and by who. I can't give out any more details than that - it would ruin the suspense :)

2 thumbs up and 4 stars - could have been 5 stars if the story h
Kay
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I enjoyed this book very much with a good mystery, a serial killer, and great characters. It was a welcome relief from most of the crap I've had the bad luck to read lately [including another Jackson book]. Now I'm left without a library book so I guess it's time to grab one of the books in my closet! Who knows what I'll get when I do!
Amanda
Aug 17, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Maybe my 1 star rating is harsh, because I like this author and series, but I didn't like this one. I only became interested with 100 pages left and that was 273 pages in. The previous two installments were fast paced and half made me afraid to look out a dark window. This had way too much back story going on. It seemed just to be a setup for future books and Regan's kids are getting annoying.
Kristīne Līcis
The premise is outlandish, but there is something appealing in its craziness and in the ridiculous reliability of serial killers showing up in Montana's Grizzly Falls just around Christmas, provided there is sufficiently nasty snow storm. Less action, more backstory than in the first two instalments in the series, but same generous serving of rugged cowboys falling for smart and independent women. Having a kid as one of the main characters definitely evokes empathic response, but for the life of ...more
Patricia
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Storyline was good, but there were to many characters to where if got to confusing...
Still a Good Read, just not a five for me!!!
Julie theriault
not very good too many characters very confusing
Janie Johnson
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-challenge
I anxious to get to this installment of Lisa Jackson's 'to die' series. I knew that I was going to really enjoy this book, because the author has a great talent for imagery and character developement. Again the prologue drew me into the story easily. Such great imagery, great plot and well developed characters.

In this installment Alvarez and Pescoli have to chase down another serial killer. This time the killer is targeting women who seem to resemble one another. We meet two new characters as we
Sandy
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I’ve always liked Lisa’s writing and this is no exception. She brings many characters into her stories but they all have meaning and they all add another element to the story which will not unfold until the final pages of her tale.
People have always been told that they have a twin somewhere in the world but for Kacey, she is told that there are women, multiple women who look like her and they are dying rapidly. Will she be next? The police think it is accidental but with Kacey following the sto
Rebecca
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-thrillers
This is the prequel to Afraid To Die, but I read it after. I have rated it one more star than Afraid To Die, but that is because I liked the idea behind the plot. However, as stated in my review for Afraid To Die, it is ridiculously repetitive, with murderers only striking around Christmas in the town - which means in every book we are also subjected to the same descriptions of Joelle decorating the police station, Pescoli having problems with her children, and Alvarez having no one to share the ...more
Nancy
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite far-fetched. Definitely a spell-binder. Read it in one sitting kind of book. Great!

One of the bodies contained traces of poison at the time of death. Selena and her partner, Detective
Ursula Gorman
Born to Die by Lisa Jackson is a book I'd recommend to anyone that likes a mystery with some twists and turns. The story moves fairly steadily and keeps you interested throughout. Our main characters are both scared by their pasts but feel a connection from the very beginning.
The story keeps you guessing, but parts of the plot and motive are a bit convoluted. Some questions are never answered and parts are a far reach from what could happen in all actuality. The story is well enough written and
Merredith
This is not a small book, but i read it in one day. The day started at my parents house in NH and led me through airports and planes and ended me back in SF (ok, on the plane back to SF..the book didn't last quite long enough). Thanks, book, for keeping me company on the long trip! This book is apparently number three in a series featuring a team of two police detective women, but i'd never read the rest and it was fine as a stand alone book. i wouldn't have known it was a series except for that ...more
Donna
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was awesome!!! The action centers on Acacia "Kacey" Lambert and her potential boyfriend, Trace O'Halloran. Not giving away the plot here, just wanted to mention it for those who might read for established characters Regan Pescoli and Serena Alvarez... they are included and vital to the story, just not the focus as in the other books in this series. I loved the book... you just may love it, too!
Joyce
Aug 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an Alvarez/Pescoli mystery in which a woman Physician in Montana notices that there have been a lot a women who resemble her killed in various accidents and alleged suicides. She, along with the two Detectives, begins investigating and the plot develops into one of the best twists I've seen in a long time. There are lots of deaths, some frightening moments and, naturally, the personal bits that make Jackson's characters interesting.
Julie
Not the edge of your seat, suspenseful story I would expect from Lisa Jackson. It was slow until disk 9. Far fetched. What are the chances that there are several people out there that look like the main character? A new patient of hers, much less the ex-wife of her love interest? What are the chances, really? How many kids can one man father, especially from a sperm bank?
Linda Boyd
This was the best book in the series. Not sure why the author is setting this series in the dead of winter. I guess it adds to some of the creepiness. This book finds Pescoli & Alvarez solving several mysterious deaths involving women who all have something in common.
Donna Noe
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I love this series. It is one of Lisa Jackson's best. I can't believe that I just found it a few weeks ago.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Women are dying
Accidents and suicide
They look just like her

Crazy murderer
More in lives of detectives
Tiny bit romance
 Marla
3.5 stars. Switching POVs between heroine Dr. Kacey Lambert, Trace O'Halleran, killer and Detectives Regan Pescoli and Selena Alvarez. This book is more romantic suspense and less murder mystery from the detectives view.

It's been 2 years since I listened to book 2, but if I realized that there would be less about Pescoli's kids and ex and more about the killer and victims, I would've tried it sooner. My favorite book in the series by far, but I will still listen to these books and it won't be 2
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Dr. Kacey Lambert works in a small town in Montana. a famous actress died in Hollywood. kacey is told she resembles her. another woman dies from an accident and people think it is Kacey as they look very close to each other.

as kacey starts ti look into all these women who look like her and end up having accidents she finds out a shocker in regards to her own life. in the meantime she meets Eli O'Halloran who broke his arm at school. Eli dad is Trace who has an ex wife who yep yiu got it looks l
Loretta
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Women who looked amazingly alike are dying, one by one. Their deaths are made to look like accidents, but they are not! Who would do this and how do the women look like sisters? And only women...no men. Dr. Kacey Lambert discovers this when a women has an "accident" in Grizzly Falls, Montana. When she is brought into emergency, the nurses are all worried that it is the doctor. Then a B-movie star, who could be Dr. Lambert's sister, is dies of an apparent suicide. As Kacey starts investigating, D ...more

• Hush
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Don't Cry
  • Innocent as Sin (St. Kilda Consulting, #3)
  • Sleepwalker
  • Enchantress (Medieval Trilogy, #1)
  • Quinn
  • Undercover Lover (Covert Attractions, #2)
  • Acts of Mercy (Mercy Street #3)
  • Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12; Blood #3)
  • Left for Dead
  • Scared To Death (Live to Tell #2)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

To Die (8 books)
  • Left To Die (To Die, #1)
  • Chosen To Die (To Die, #2)
  • Afraid To Die (To Die, #4)
  • Ready to Die (To Die, #5)
  • Deserves To Die (To Die, #6)
  • Expecting to Die (To Die, #7)
  • Willing to Die (To Die #8)
“an uneasy feeling that something was very, very wrong stuck with her.” 0 likes
“Everyone thinks that. That’s the reason people cheat on their spouses, because this new relationship is just so exciting and new.” 0 likes