Start by marking “Bloodline (Whyborne & Griffin, #5)” as Want to Read:
Bloodline (Whyborne & Griffin, #5)

Bloodline (Whyborne & Griffin #5)

4.49  ·  Rating Details ·  1,852 Ratings  ·  297 Reviews
Between his bullying father and dissolute brother, Percival Endicott Whyborne has quite enough problematic family members to deal with. So when his sister returns to Widdershins asking for help solving the mystery of a derelict ship, Whyborne is reluctant to get involved. Until, that is, a brutal murderer strikes, leaving Whyborne and his lover Griffin no choice but to tak ...more
Published October 7th 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published September 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodline

Susan
Sep 11, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-favorites

Whooo this book was a TREAT! I think it's the BEST of the series yet.

Ok, let me back up. If you haven't started the Whyborne & Griffin series yet (book 1 is Widdershins ), firstly, *stank eye* *judgement* *disappointment* and then secondly, DO IT! You must! I held off for so long and then was so bummed that I'd waited. This entire series is fun and scary and romantic and zany and sweet and a GREAT RIDE. Each book has it's own flavor but is so consistently "Whyborne & Griffin".

N
K.J. Charles
Ahhhh. /sigh Lots of plotlines coming together here. Whyborne really developing as a character in interesting ways, all sorts of major changes going down and a very creepy plotline. Love the British cousins. This is a very fun series indeed and I'm delighted to see there'll be a 6.

Disclaimer: I've written a story with Jordan and all, so I'm biased, if it's biased to really enjoy someone who writes with such skill and confidence, and plots series like a flipping maestro.
Ingela
Written October 20, 2014

4 1/2 Stars - Action-packed adventure in the best amusement park feeling. Jump on the rollercoaster and have fun too.

Book #5

I finished this adventurous —and very fun and enjoying (fourth W&G) buddyread with Sofia and Bev— a couple of days ago.

Still happy-dancing!!

description ~ description ~ description ~ description ~ description

3 besties: Whyborne, Griffin & Christine (..yep, in trousers)

As so often I'd a plan to write a great tribute review (in my humble 'yay-hurray-yay' way...) to another fantastic installment to
Kaje Harper
Aug 07, 2014 Kaje Harper rated it it was amazing
This series definitely should be read from the beginning. (And definitely should be read by anyone who enjoys paranormal romance.) This is perhaps the most startling installment, as over and over the author caught me by surprise with where she took the plot and the backstory.

The romance between Whyborne and Griffin continues to be the warm, solid and sweet underpinning of the saga, and yet, just when I'd have thought there was nothing that could shake up this couple, there was that revelation...
*Lynn*

Griffin....

swoon photo: swoon hg.gif

Those two.... Gah!

swoon photo: Swoon tumblr_lmk8nwwYIs1qhk0qq.gif

OK, I'M DONE SWOONING. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!

Tara♥

”Listen up little fish, little fish,

Let’s make a wish, make a wish,

For a time not come but yet to be,

One for the land, and one for the sea."

Well. I’m a bit speechless after that if I’m honest.

So much happens it this book but I’m finding it a difficult one to review because revealing any of the main plot points would just cause massive spoilers and that would be mean and could possibly lead to people shouting at me.

So the things I can tell you! First of all, this one is my favourite. Does tha
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
4.5 Emotional Stars Reviewage on Prism Book Alliance

It doesn’t take long before Whyborne and Griffin are headed towards a mystery. This mystery is the best kind of messy and jumbled pile of family, intimacy and heavy emotion.

Speaking of emotion, it also doesn’t take long before the first gut-punch of sorrow rears its low-hanging head.

This is the most personal and personally affecting of all of the stories so far in this series. The settings, subjects and circle of characters are all much mor
Isabel
This book is pure MAGIC!!! It's perfection!!!

I loved all the books of this series, but this one is, without a doubt, the best so far!

Whyborne, Griffin and Christine... what amazing set of characters! Once again, they found themselves faced with mysteries, murders and sea monsters!

Magic calls for Whyborne, and he has always the same dilemma: he don't want to betray Griffin's trust by using and practicing magic, and, on the other hand, he wants to know more, so he can protect those he loves. But f
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧•°**★❧ •°**★
A Sweet Romance, Griffin & Ival~

Wow....this one will be unforgettable..

Ival and Griffen's romance was uniquely beautiful in this book.

The Book

The descriptive writing fabulous.

The passion was fantastic.

The romance I love.

The new SC....Persephone sweet but those teeth? *shivers*

Nonetheless, I adore her naive cuteness. And, that ending.....wow...that was the best ever!

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
First Read:10/14
Second Read:06/16

5 stars This is how you do Historical Romance People.

Miss Hawk killed it. I was hesitant reading this after Necroplis. It was my least favorite of the series, and like so many other series they more books they have the lesser quality work is produced. I'm biting my damn tongue from now on. I was completely blown away. I read this book in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. I was like Whyborne why, why, why. You know how every book one of the three main ch
Sofia

What a ride……

Hawk came out full guns ablazing and did not stop shooting until she wrote THE END. What a great instalment in this series which has become a staple for me.

The only thing that stopped me from curling up and reading this in one go, was that it was a buddy read with this series companions and I enjoy our reads too much, to tear on ahead without them.

Hawk weaves her story like an experienced spider, plots within plots, plots coming to conclusions, other plots opening up. And in all of
Bev
What a ride that was!! This series just gets better and better. Gushing review with happy dancing to follow when I have more time, but thanks to Inge and Sofia my buddy read partners. 5 stars from me.
MishyJo
3.5 Stars. As much as I have come to love W&G and all of the strange things that happen around them, this one was a bit over the top. Is this series finished? I am counting it as finished.

Can You Finish Challenge book 1
I'm a Top Challenge Book 2

Natalia
Oct 13, 2014 Natalia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-read December 2016
I could read this series over and over without ever being bored!
ᴥ Irena ᴥ

4.5

I can't even begin explaining just how much I am glad I didn't read any reviews before reading. I would have probably put this on hold same as some other series (not the books' fault, there are just too many tropes I dislike). The blurb is great though.

Unlike the previous books, there are no monsters nor horror here. There are creatures that some might consider monsters, of course. This is Widdershins, after all. However, Bloodline is not a horror story. A shame, really. That is one of the g
Heidi

Another excellent read by Jordan L Hawk in the Whyborne & Griffin Series. Probably my favourite book so far. The characters were all wonderfully engaging. I especially enjoyed Christine who is such a delightfully strong female character.

I was never much into the historical genre and an occasional reader of paranormal, but I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge. This series really is worth checking out.

I cannot wait for the next installment Hoarfrost (Whyborne & Griffin, #6)
Ami

Whyborne & Griffin has slowly and steadily become one of my favorite paranormal series in MM and this last installment is definitely the BEST yet and most definitely my favorite.

First of all ... OMG the first three chapters?!? I was still very much surprised on the fact that (view spoiler). I must say that Jordan L. Hawk definitely didn't pull any punches if it was a necessity to th
Karen
Oct 14, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-mm
This one gets all the stars ***** and then some...

Finally I got back to the world of Whyborne and Griffin and what a trip it was. This series was fantastical!!! But book #5 Bloodline amazed me. I became so involved and totally frustrated with Whyborne at times. In a way I saw where he was coming from. His intentions were good but the path he was going down...well quite frankly he was scaring me. Thankfully he had Griffin's love to anchor him in time for him to evaluate the virtue of what he wa
Ann
Damn, I love this series, it just keeps getting better.

LOTS of stuff comes full circle here and I can't even begin to review it without giving away treasures. My only niggle was there wasn't as much W&G interaction. That was all part of the story though and just my complete selfishness complaining. If there had been more it wouldn't have worked for the plot so I guess it's not even a niggle, it's just me loving these guys so much and wanting more.

The narrator did an amazing job, just as he
Heather C
Imagine this: It’s late January 2013 and Rhys Ford sends me a text message telling me that I MUST read this book called Widdershins. Widder-what? And eww, it’s HISTORICAL!! At the time, I was in such a pathetic book funk that I was willing to give something new a try, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I’m even willing to go so far as to say that Whyborne and Griffin are majorly responsible for my subsequent obsession with M/M historical romance…and Jordan for being the master creator of one of my ...more
Adam
I forgot to write my review for 'Bloodline' when I first finished it, and it's been over two months since I've read it. But I can still remember the book as if I just read it a few days ago. Which goes to show what a great read this was!

There are really only two things that I'd like to cover:

1) This is the book where the shit hits the fan. Every series has one of these books, where all of the previous books, the unfinished plotlines and the unexplained instances finally come to a head and reader
Chelsea
Shit... that was the most tense story so far!! I started this book at 30% today and couldn't put it down until I had it finished, sooooo goood!! My nails are chewed almost down to the cuticles and my heart is in serious need of a rest! So many heart wrenching moments, GAH, so good!

This series is going to be so interesting from now on, not that it wasn't already the best series, but who knew this was going to go there.

That ending... I was actually crying, I just LOVE these two!!!!

He met my gaze,
Alisa
Mar 23, 2016 Alisa rated it really liked it
Another excellent installment in this series. Whyborne's sister comes from England and asks for his help with something. Things go bad very quickly. I don't want to say more about the plot because A LOT happens in this book. Pivotal things. I don't want to spoil anything so I will just say that I really enjoyed the odd twist this story took. This is a bit of an emotional book because things are very strained between Whyborne and Griffin through much of it. The ending though? Swoon worthy romanti ...more
Kristie
Sep 11, 2014 Kristie rated it it was amazing
4.5 Magical Stars

Such a ride! So many times I cursed Whyborne. Too man times I cursed Griffin and Christine. The whole book I never trusted anything... with good reason. The whole time I was captivated and entranced by the adventure, the mystery of what was going on, who was in on it, the why's and all the damn feels! So many feelings that started from the first chapter and lasted until the very last words of the book. I don't know how it can get much better than this. I'm excited to finally get
Gina
OMG OMG OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

This is the best of the series so far!!!

Read it friends!!
Dee
Aug 06, 2014 Dee rated it it was amazing
5 bloody-awesome-why-must-I-wait-for-the-next-book? stars

It would now take a writing act of utter awfulness on the part of Jordan L. Hawk for me to stop reading the Whyborne & Griffin series. My review suspicious speculations from Stormhaven Whyborne Griffin 3 were brought to marvelous fruition, if not quite as I'd been surmising, then not a million miles away, and infinitely better. If you've read Remnant A Caldwell Feximal Whyborne Griffin Mystery The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal 3 you
Beth doesn't write
Oct 11, 2014 Beth doesn't write rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved, m-m, series, magic
So far my favorite in this series! WooHoo! What a thrilling ride through Windershins! Percival is still a sweet little geek, if a man in Victorian era can be a geek. That's how I think of him. Griffin still solid and steady, loving Percival completely. These men mesh so well through all the twists and turns. Christine of course fierce and strong despite society and their rules.

I really want to just go ahead and tell you the story over a cup of coffee but this is a review and well, the book must
Nerea
Jul 13, 2016 Nerea rated it it was amazing

I think this is the best so far!! 4.5*

The script is very intense! The action takes place on different issues that are slowly gaining sense to finally fit perfectly at the end of the novel.

In this book Whyborne and Griffin relationship is tested and taken to a new level. They have more affinity, love how Whybornes family is accepting Griffin.

About the story, we have some strange water creatures they must need to face and fight BUT a lot family drama too!! Some English cousins are in town to encou
Kat is a Glitter Pirate ☠

For me, this was the best Whyborne & Griffin book so far. And I'll be damned if that ending didn't have my heart fit to bursting with its loveliness.
Jenni Lea
Aug 08, 2015 Jenni Lea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: whodunit

My fave out of the entire series.
BR #5 "Bloodline" - start 13/10 125 21 Oct 17, 2014 07:39PM
  • Flight of Magpies (A Charm of Magpies, #3)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop #7)
  • Another Place in Time
  • Enlightened (Enlightenment, #3)
6519692
Jordan L. Hawk grew up in the wilds of North Carolina, where she was raised on stories of haints and mountain magic by her bootlegging granny and single mother. After using a silver knife in the light of a full moon to summon her true love, she turned her talents to spinning tales. She weaves together couples who need to fall in love, then throws in some evil sorcerers and undead just to make sure ...more
More about Jordan L. Hawk...

Whyborne & Griffin (10 books)
  • Widdershins (Whyborne & Griffin, #1)
  • Threshold (Whyborne & Griffin, #2)
  • Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin, #3)
  • Necropolis (Whyborne & Griffin, #4)
  • Hoarfrost (Whyborne & Griffin, #6)
  • Maelstrom (Whyborne & Griffin, #7)
  • Fallow (Whyborne & Griffin, #8)
  • Undertow (Whyborne & Griffin, #8.5)
  • Draakenwood  (Whyborne & Griffin #9)

“Then the town will rise to his hand," I whispered. "One for the sea, and one for the land.” 2 likes
“I hope I'm not disturbing anything," he said with a smile.
"Just considering what birthday games Whyborne will be missing out on thanks to this wretched idea of the director's," she replied cheerfully. "I've gotten to Blind Man's Duff."
Griffin laughed. "How about Pin the Tail on -"
"Would you two stop?”