Start by marking “The God Game (Portals of Infinity, #2)” as Want to Read:
The God Game (Portals of Infinity, #2)

The God Game

(Portals of Infinity #2)

Will’s life has definitely changed since that day he went hiking in the woods of Pennsylvania. He’s discovered that reality is a lot bigger and stranger than he had ever imagined. Learning about the portals that link the infinite number of worlds opened his eyes to that wider reality. Learning that he was being groomed to become the Champion of a God in one of those realit ...more
Published September 10th 2014 by John Van Stry

To ask other readers questions about The God Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The God Game

Trevor Sherman
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Completely average except for the teenage boy sex fantasy fulfillment part. That was so bad it was funny. While there was no graphic depictions of any thing carnal a guy goes from being fired from his job in I don't remembersvile USA to the friend of one God and the Champion of another one with a few wives that get pregnant every time he graces their planet. But both wives (one a queen) are completely happy giving birth constantly and fine with him having a second wife and actually he can and do ...more
Curtis
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent and Expanded

This story is easily as nice as the first book was, and expanded in scope to provide a larger story and plot. I hope the author writes more of these: they're good reads and there's a lot more potential storylines yet to read. Recommended.
Kelly
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I love this story. The author has literally, an infinite number of directions to take the plot. I can't wait for more stories.
Bruno Di Giandomenico
Between Van Vogt and Famer

I am giving a five stars only because it is the second book and the impact of the new has faded a bit. Still very good, a tale told as it should be, light, interesting, not pretentious, and funny. Light humour, but good enough.
Five champions of different gods in quest about which they know little, and they will know about only at the end. Across a number of worlds which prove strangely enticing and the more they go on, the more they seem to know them, at least those cha
Jay Collins
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 to 3 stars, Not as good as the first book for me but I am sure some people will still like it. I still think the series has potential and I will continue with it.
Daniel
Oct 09, 2014 rated it liked it
The first one was better, this book tries to solve the first ones lack of conflict by introducing a quest. Which turns out to be one giant sex orgy after another. Whats with books these days and all the sex, I liked the story just fine without it. I guess you need to bang everything in escapist fantasy.
Robert Mccain
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked it

Good storyline, some plot twists and a bit funny at times. Does have a lot of sex, but as an adult reader it doesn't bother me. More typos than the last book, but bearable. Gonna read the next book and plan to keep going.
Niels Baumgartner
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well done

Looking forward to book 3.
Wonder how Steph will take the news. Wink wink...

This is a very fun series.
Steven Naylor
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.0 stars

Not quite as good as the first book but I still really enjoyed it. In fact, there were some parts I thought were funnier, but there was one huge story point that really got on my nerves. (view spoiler)
Tony Hinde
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I couldn't quite finish. I kept hoping it would improve, but no.

Event the main characters were paper thin. The narrative was reminiscent of children's stories. Things just kept happening, without warning or apparent consequence. But the breaking point, for me, was the ongoing and transparently deliberate ignorance of betrayal in the group's midst. The idiocy was at the level of "Oh, not to worry... I'm sure my leg will grow back in a little while."
Donny
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I find myself conflicted with the protagonist's shirking of parental duties. He claims to love his 2 wives (each on a different world) and has children. But the books never go into him having a relationship with his children. No playing with them. Nothing. We barely got their names.

I am hoping that there is quality time in future volumes.

The constant casual sex is one thing, but the apparent neglect of his children is taking away from my enjoyment.
Travis
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty good addition to the series. I liked it. Going to read more in the series. I was blindsided by the ending, I guess I should have seen it coming, but nope, not even a clue, and that's a bit surprising. I curious what else is in store for our main character in this one, should be interesting to see how both him and his friends manage.
Celia Robertson
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok if you want a story that keeps getting better this is it

I am a huge fan of sci-fi fantasy and military fiction. I have read about 3000 books in my life and it is always a pleasure to come across an author who takes an original view on something that like. This series is really shaping up to be a huge favorite of mine.
David Beck
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
My least favorite book in this series of the 5 I have read because the story seems to drag. We spend months/chapters in some Rock & Roll fantasy where everyone has swapped their gender. Then we have every other portal to every other unlikely world where the "evil" champion keeps trying to sabotage/kill everyone without anyone but Will noticing.
Jordan
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent sequel.

I wasn’t sure what direction he’d take this series in, but this book was straight up fun! Again, I’ll say that this isn’t going to win any awards for the writing, or the characters, probably, but the story is so damn creative and a twist on a classic that it just doesn’t matter. I genuinely enjoyed reading this - I read it in one sitting.
Huckabizzle Mcfondle
Aug 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Awful book do not recommend. The book seems to think that cheating on yoir spouse is perfectly acceptable, and it is only our societal norms that prevent everyone from sleeping around as we all please imstead of actually looking at those norms and trying to see why they are the way they are.
Greg Wells
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Great second half of the first book

Stop, read the first book first. If you don't then you will be confused. This expands the universe with familiar material. Sadly it does it, at times, infuriatingly slowly.
Jim
Mar 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Juvenile with much sexual content
chase harstad
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good boom

This is a fun unique book. I've been enjoying this series and it was worth the money and time. Thank you.
Craig Russo
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
Really quite good. I still get the impression that the author is sex craved to write about it so much...but I think he does a pretty good job of it.
Johnny
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it

Pages does not a book make.
Decent short story though.
A few mistakes where not fixed. You can tell where they are by the red print.
Heath
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2018
Good Read.

The second book of the series. More is found out on the main character and a trek is needed to a unknown destination (till the end).
Aaron
Jun 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book avoided what made the first one so interesting. It was a complete pile of excrement.
Lisa Phillips
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic second verse

It’s not often a second book is as captivating as the first but I’m glad to say this book is an exception. Just as fun and enjoyable as before.
Mr Tdj
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
great book
Ed Graves
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read

A short read continuing the story arc. Good editing, easy to read and an interesting story. I already download the next in the series.
Gadi
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun story

Well written and engaging. Definitely a step up for the genre. Can't wait for next one. Good balance of adventure and relationships.
John D
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice quick read

As quick to read as the first. I Ike the possibility of what can happen in future books. Concept was something I had never thought of before.
Kevin Beck
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another excellent story. Fast paced with an interesting story line and great characters.
Effie Eshel
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Recommend to all who like grand fantasy with action, likeable characters, beautiful people and good results.

• The Questing Game (Firestaff series, #2)
  • Peter of the Wind (War of Contractia, #1)
  • Master (A Wizard's Life, #3)
  • Ascension (Spellscribed, #2)
  • Vergence (Vergence Cycle Book 1)
  • The Other Prism (The Broken Prism, #2)
  • Return To Sky Raven (Enchanters Of Xarparion, #2)
  • Balancer (Advent Mage Cycle, #4)
  • Hard Luck (Saga of Menyoral, #1)
  • Victor Deus (Heritage of the Blood, #1)
  • Songreaver (Songreaver's Tale, #3)
  • Honor Found (The Spare Heir, #2)
  • Wizard Born (Wizard Born, #1)
  • Brightflame Accension (Heroes of Gammalgard, #1)
  • New Heights (The Beginning After The End, #2)
  • King of Ashes (The Longsword Chronicles, #1)
  • Ossendar (The Restoration Series, #2)
  • Messenger of the Dark Prophet (The Bowl of Souls #2)
I've had a very varied life. I grew up in New York, on Long Island.
I went to school to become an Engineer, then joined the Air Force.
After that I worked first in Robotics, then in Aerospace as a Flight Test Engineer. I moved into the medical fields, then into more Technical markets working for a number of high tech companies where I became a Contractor.
I used to own and raise big cats. I love mot

Portals of Infinity (7 books)
  • Champion for Hire (Portals of Infinity, #1)
  • Of Temples and Trials (Portals of Infinity, #3)
  • The Sea of Grass (Portals of Infinity, #4)
  • Demigods and Deities (Portals of Infinity, #5)
  • Reprisal (Portals of Infinity)
  • Kaiju (Portals of Infinity)