Start by marking “Forgiving Reed (Southern Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forgiving Reed (Southern Boys, #1)

Forgiving Reed

(Southern Boys #1)

Kori suffered a great loss, one that left her feeling so desolate and alone, that she believed nothing would ever fill the void...

The only thing that kept her going was the one little piece of joy she still had in her life, her baby boy, Rhett.
She had no choice but to move forward and give her son the best life she could. Which meant moving back home. Except there was one
221 pages
Published October 13th 2014 by Limitless Publishing LLC

Patrycja
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it

Yes, I will admit it, I am cover whore. I read Forgiving Reed mostly because of the sexy cover model.
Geri Reads
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 easy stars!

I liked this one and enjoyed it for the most part. My only complaint is that it's too overly sweet sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love sweet. Sweet is a wonderful thing to have in romance but even I have to admit that the sweetness in this book exceeded normal levels.

The word love was used 211 times. Every time a character says or thinks something, it's always punctuated by a declaration or realization that they love someone, they are loved or how much they loved love. It was to
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
I am so glad I picked this one up!
One of my all time favorite second chance romance books.. Just loved and devoured it.
Kori's first love, first boyfriend and best friend betrayed her in the worst possible way, she walked in on him getting some oral from the town whore.. she and her broken heart left the small town she grew up in, left her first love Reed, and went off to college.

After a year of mourning her relationship she meets the lovely Blake, it took her a while to warm up but once she did,
Kristi
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I wanted to love this one, I thought I would. this just wasn't for me. Kori grated on my nerves and I felt no connection with the characters or the story. I was annoyed with Kori's constant crying and how everything was so darn perfect! I felt like I kept reading the same thing over and over again..... how much she loved Reed and what a good man he was. like i said this one just wasn't for me.
Lydia H
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“I will never hurt you again.”

Let me start right off by saying that I absolutely LOVED this book! CA Harms is the type of author whose books get better and better. She evoked tons of emotions from me from the very beginning all the way through the very end. I was hooked and did not want to stop reading this wonderful book. Reed and Kori’s story was real, it was heartbreaking, and hands down a must read. It showed what it means to forgive, heal, and to learn to love again. This is a second ch
SheLove2Read
May 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
DNF at 50%. It was shaping up to be a fairly good southern boy romance until they actually got together. For me it was just too much, over the top sweetness. I'm a Georgia girl through and through, but I've never met anyone that acted or talked like Reed. I get where the author was going with this but the execution completely took me out of the story.
Becky
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm a bit torn between 3 and 4 stars...I guess I see it more as 3.5 and have averaged it up because at its core, it was a beautiful story, and it definitely grabbed my emotions...meaning, yes, I cried! (view spoiler)

What was beautiful:
1) I found this on a cheating thread, but I usually f
Mandy
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

This was a really sweet story that was a bit of a tear-jerker. Reed and Kori were high school sweethearts until Reed broke Kori's heart by cheating on her one drunken night. Kori left and went away to college, never looking back. A few years later, she met Blake and fell in love. Things happened fast between them and before she knew it, she was expecting a baby. Kori and Blake were happy until an awful tragedy that left Kori a single mother raising her baby alone. Kori moves home to be
Yuana
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
3.5 stars. Lovely story
Nikki ღ Navareus

I dove right into this story and couldn't put it down until it was finished. This story's sad moments really pulled at the heart strings. I loved the forgiveness in this story. Reed becoming a real man and making up for his mistake in the past, as well as Blake's parents finally coming around and trying to be real grandparents.

(view spoiler)
Coco.V
Jan 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/25/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

Except there was one problem.

Home was where Reed would be...

The man who once held her heart, then shatte
Gisbelle
Point of View: Dual (Kori [first half], Reed [second half])
Writing: First Person | Past Tense
Setting: Brooklet, Georgia
Genre: Adult | Contemporary Romance (second chance)

A nice and heartfelt romance about redemption and forgiveness. The story behind why Kori had to move back was a nice touch with just enough detail to attract my attention. Though, at time it was just too perfect to believe.

I'm one of those who just can't resist a second-chance romance (the beefcake on the cover was a bonus!) an
Lustful Literature
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
** JOSIE'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW **

After reading the blurb for Forgiving Reed by C.A. Harms, my interest was piqued, I love a story about second chance love. I had the pleasure of reading two other books by C.A. Harms in the Scarred by Love series. I really enjoyed her writing and of course I was anxious to get my hands on this one and once again she does not disappoint. She has a way of writing her novels in such an intriguing and in depth way that I find myself connecting with her characters. On
Three Chicks
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Fantastic Stars!

This is the first book I've read from CA Harms and believe me when I say it won't be the last!

I LOVED this book!

Kori grew up in Georgia. Her high school sweetheart was Reed, but in their senior year she felt him pulling away a bit and spending way too much time with his friends and less with her. Of course, when she walked in on him in a compromising position, that sealed the deal and they were no longer a couple.

After I left home and walked away from Reed, I never thought
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

This was a beautiful, emotionally charged love story about two people who get a second chance at love. This book flowed well, never felt rushed, and I was able to connect with the characters right off the bat. I loved the connection these characters had. This book made me go on an emotional roller coaster. I laugh with them. I cried. I smiled. I rooted for them. I got angry. But through all of that, it was totally worth it by the end because the most beautiful love stories take you throu
Sweets Books
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
The first part of this book had me in tears so much I wasn't to sure there was ever going to be a happy ending. But as the time progressed Kori grew and learned to let go of her guilt over everything. She basically was dealt a harsh reality in the end, plus she was basically cut off from anything and everything to do with Blake. When Reed came into her life her emotions towards him scared her more then anything. She didn't think she deserved to have a happy ending or to find love.

Reed, what's th
Maree Repa
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. After Korri's much loved partner Blake, very quickly died in an horrific accident she was very much alone only carrying her baby boy. She returns home with her family and just hopes for a better future for her and her son.

I so loved this sad book, but finding the love and peace she had left when she had gone away to college. Such a beautiful story!
Kylee
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is not only a second chance romance but a story about learning to move on, forgiveness and trust. Kori has had her world ripped apart and is not sure whether she will be able to move on and drag herself out of the darkness that is swallowing her. When she returns home only to come face to face with her first love who broke her heart but still makes it flutter, this confuses her even more. Reed will forever regret his actions that caused the one woman he has always loved to be hurt and walk ...more
J
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Probably 2.5 stars because it certainly wasn't as bad as some of the books I've read. But it was very underwhelming (and I mean that in the nicest way). A heartbroken widow returns to her hometown with her child in tow after her husband is killed in a car accident. She originally left town when she found her longtime hometown boyfriend enjoying the "fruits" of someone else's lips where they shouldn't be and she has her first heartbreak, then followed by the second heartbreak. Poor girl!

Of course
Stefanie
I loved Kori and Reed's story. I loved how patient and supportive Reed was during Kori's darkest points, he truly loved her and wanted to do everything in his power to make sure her and her son were happy and felt loved. There were so many good quotes and points to this book that all I can say is just read the book and I'm sure you'll fall for Reed just like I did.
Jennifer O'Neill
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Different kind of Romance...Loved this book! It's not your typical romance story. It will pull at your heart strings in more ways than one. I was totally sucked into this book within the first couple a chapters, and I couldn't put it down. You will not be disappointed by Forgiving REED.
Bev
A crying heroine that has permanent waterworks, I can't be doing with them.
Kim  Brewing
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for the second chance romance and this one is certainly that. I was drawn in from the beginning. The story flowed wonderfully and the characters and their friends (especially Maria!) kept my attention. My only complaint is that I always felt like Reed was a runner up or consolation prize.

I will definitely be reading more of the series
bookmarkbelles
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bj
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2014, 4-stars
Have you ever wished you could get a do over? Young love sometimes can end prematurely due to adolescent hormones. Forgiving Reed is a second chance, new adult romance that explores this topic with an additional twist of first having to learn how to grieve and accept the loss of a prior love. If you're looking for a sweet, country romance with a good old-fashioned cowboy, then Forgiving Reed may just be the book you were looking for.

Having left her best friend and first love, Reed, when she foun
Red Cheeks Reads
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
When Kori’s life comes crashing down after her love, Blake, is tragically killed, she thinks she will never love again or be able to move beyond the grief that consumes her. The only thing that keeps her going is the reminder of Blake left behind, their baby boy. But she never planned on having Reed, the boy who broke her heart, come back into her life. And she never believed she could feel anything again apart from grief. But Reed is grown up, has matured and will do anything to prove to Kori t ...more
Heather
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a story!

In Forgiving Reed, Kori is dealing with a traumatic loss of her child’s father while welcoming her newborn son into the world. She drowns in her sorrow for awhile, isolating herself from the world beyond her parents and Rhett, her son.

She’s back home though and that means eventually she will run into Reed, her first love who betrayed her.

When she does, she makes it clear that she hates him and wants nothing to do with him.

And so the story goes.

This is an amazing story of healing, th
Anke Zweel
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got a ARC copy for the book tour in exchange for my honest review.

Forgiving Reed was the only book ever that made me cry in it's first chapters. It was not a ugly cry, tears just rolled down my cheek while reading.

Can you think how you would react if the one you love is taken away in a horrifying scene.

Kori's boyfriend the love her life is taken away from her. She moves back to her parents to raise there son Rhett. The struggles Kori face not only on the outside world but also the emotional
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

Firstly, let me just say. Cover. Is. Hot. I think I’d forgive him damn near anything when he’s looking like that. Whoever picked the cover deserves a medal.

Now, time to get serious.

Forgiving Reed was my first book by C A Harms, and I loved it. It’s one of those books that you don’t want to put down, even though it’s 1.30 in the morning and you really should go to sleep. It’s one of those books that has you crying almost the entire time, you have to st
  • To Honor (R&R, #1)
  • Joshua (The Mitchell/Healy Family, #10)
  • The Souvenir
  • Whiskey Lullaby (Love Songs, #1)
  • Whatever It Takes
  • The Sweet Spot (Boston Harbor Romances, #1)
  • A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • Emerald Knight
  • Fatal Obsession (Harden, #1)
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Fighting Demon (Devil's Knights, #7)
  • Art of Forgiveness (Stern Family Saga, #2)
  • The Torn Up Marriage
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • Bella Mia (Darkness, #3)
  • Ten Brides for Ten Hot Guys
  • Eye of Heaven
  • Relentless Rhythm (Tempest, #4; Black Cat Records, #7)

Southern Boys (4 books)
  • Finding Gavin (Southern Boys, #2)
  • Loving Colt (Southern Boys, #3)
  • Southern Boys Trilogy: Books 1-3