Start by marking “Wreckage” as Want to Read:
Wreckage

Wreckage

3.70  ·  Rating details ·  44,452 ratings  ·  3,300 reviews
Listening time 10 hours 17 minutes

Lillian Linden is a liar. On the surface, she looks like a brave survivor of a plane crash. But she’s been lying to her family, her friends, and the whole world since rescue helicopters scooped her and her fellow survivor, Dave Hall, off a deserted island in the South Pacific. Missing for almost two years, the castaways are thrust into
Published March 1st 2015 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Wreckage, please sign up.
Jodi
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  44,452 ratings  ·  3,300 reviews

Start your review of Wreckage
Britt
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Am I taking crazy pills? This book was pants-on-head ridiculous. I read it in one sitting and it completely fell apart 2/3-3/4 of the way through. The dialogue wasn't immersive. The characters weren't compelling. I felt like I was stranded on an island for like, four hours and would have pitched myself off of a cliff if I was trapped with Lily, David, or their clunky plot devices irl.
Candace
I picked up this book as a Kindle Unlimited selection, with Audible narration. While the narration was okay, the story felt "flat" to me. I never felt a strong connection to the main characters. The blurb was intriguing, but the story itself failed to draw me in.

'Wreckage' tells the story of Lillian and Dave, who have returned to the families after being rescued from a remote island where they were stranded for nearly two years. The story alternates between present-day, as the two provide their
SUSAN   *Nevertheless,she persisted*
The one dimensional characters that were either irritating or ineffectual.
The dialogue was puerile and trite. The storyline was predictable,lacking originality.
The ending was absurd.
Suffice it to say,I found this book to be a wreck.
Zoeytron
With a little spit and polish, this debut novel could shine a bit brighter. I liked the idea of the story, but I was not able to sink my teeth into any of the characterizations, just not enough there. In my opinion, the dialogue was awkward and the ending too trite. What the author got exactly right was the predatory nature of the media.

This was a Kindle First offering, so the bargain price of free was much appreciated. Thank you.
Elyse  Walters
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Sheer frothy guilty-pleasure tale of escape!

A page-turning, absorbing survival adventure....that at times you'd wish you'd gone along, yet so audaciously life-threatening you're grateful you didn't.

Immediately "Wreckage" pulls you in! A fully satisfying novel...from start to finish!

Touching intimacy!!!

Secrets, and more secrets!

I won't be surprised at all if "Emily Bleeker" becomes a household name! This book is just soooooooooo
fully satisfying to read! I'd love to see the movie made also!

I'm
Kelli
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
This is not an ideal situation: a better-than-average story that devolves into something silly and unbelievable. Most of this book was compelling, easy, interesting enough to keep me turning the pages quickly...then all of a sudden it began unraveling, as the dialog got cheesy and the ending absurd. It lost its shine toward the end but it was still an enjoyable book. 3 stars.
Tiara
TL;DR Version:

2.5 stars. Ugh.

Long Version:

Wreckage revolves around two survivors of a plane crash, Lillian and Dave, who'd spent two years trapped on a deserted island together. Both are married, and Lillian has two boys. Lillian's mother-in-law, Margaret, wins a trip for two to Fiji thanks to a contest ran by a yogurt company. After a week of VIP treatment, the company sends out a private jet to take the two women to the company's private island. The airplane is manned by a pilot and a steward
Lana Hart
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I really, really wanted to like this book. It started out very intriguing, leaving me asking a lot of questions that I just had to know the answers for. But about halfway through, all the characters were still falling flat and I'd figured out the big secret, so there was little to keep me going.

The ending felt incredibly disingenuous to me. I realize the author wanted to wrap everything up neatly, but a little mess in this instance would have been fine. The whole thing was messy. It didn't deser
Natalie
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the first 75%, but I found the last 25% completely hokey and ridiculous.
Larry H
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-first
When Lillian Linden's mother-in-law Margaret won an all-expense paid trip for two to Fiji sponsored by a yogurt company, it seemed a good bonding opportunity for the two of them. Even with Margaret's periodic nagging, the first week of the trip was tremendously relaxing, surrounded by the beauty of Fiji.

For the second week of the trip, they'll fly to a private island, accompanied by Dave Hall, the yogurt company's public relations director. Lillian and Dave develop an easy rapport on the flight.
Daisy
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Catherine McKenzie
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I raced through this book and actually said "no way" out loud at one point. Fantastic read.
Abby
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Didi
3.5 STARS

This was a good book, teetering between really good and so-so throughout. Stranded on an island in the South Pacific sounds almost magical, right? Maybe if it was an all-inclusive trip and not because of an airplane crash.
This had elements of suspense, romance and action. The biggest success of this book for me was the tangible and intense connection between Lillian and Dave. Stranded, away from your family and presumed dead, those facts alone made the connection between them so much m
Suad Shamma
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, 2015
I must say I am very disappointed by this book. I bought it based on the synopsis and how interesting it sounded. I had never heard of the author before, but I bought it on a whim because I was taken in by the storyline.

*Spoilers ahead*

Unfortunately, it did not meet any of my expectations. I went in looking for adventure, drama, and whole lot of mystery. I ended up reading some long-winded interview that was taking place, while it alternated back and forth through past and present events.

For s
Beth Hudspeth
It was pretty alright. :)

I love Kindle Firsts!
Jules
Surrounding the aftermath of a plane crash, Wreckage is a story of love and survival for a handful of survivors on an island. I liked the characters and enjoyed the narration of this story. It was perhaps a little slow-paced at times, but overall quite a good story.

I borrowed this in audiobook format through Kindle Unlimited.
Jacquellyn
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erin
Audiobook narrated by Kristin Watson Heintz &Luke Daniels (10h 17min)

What is it about seeing people on deserted islands and having to keep secrets that speaks to my soap operish soul? Although it took me awhile to get immersed in the plot, I soon hit my stride. Alternatively narrated by Lillian and Dave, the chapters switch from the plane crash to the aftermath of their rescue.

Oh this book was full of so many lies and two pretty dumb protagonists. That's right, I hated both Lillian and Dave, b
Lauri Fairbanks
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a fabulous read that I couldn't put down. The characters were complex and kept you on the edge of your seat.
Roxane
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An excellent debut novel. The title describes this book perfectly. Found in a nightmare situation the characters are believable including the reporter who doesn't appear to have a empathic bone in her. In a plane crash and stranded together on a island for months Kent, Lillian and David develop working relationships. As time progresses character traits become more critical and exaggerated. Both the best and worst of people evolves as time goes on. I couldn't put this one down. Made me wonder wha ...more
Emily M
So the prose isn't great and the characters aren't the roundest I've come across, but this is another fun weekend read.

The last twist at the end did surprise me, which was nice because some of the other plot points weren't hugely shocking (a lot of signposting here). I did, however, think that the introduction of Paul as a character was a little clumsy. Instead of wondering who he was, I was trying to figure out if he had already been introduced and I had just missed it somehow.

All in all, a f
Leslie
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, ku
This book was like a store bought generic bakery product. While I was reading it wasn't awful but the next morning I realized it was just empty calories, artificial flavors and colors.

There is not a single likeable main character in the book. And the author tells you this right off the bat. The female protagonist is a whiny, weepy, needy mess. She doesn't have any sense and she literally repeatedly makes decisions which get people killed.

The basic premise is like Gilligan's Island without charm
Alaina
OH. MY. GOD!

I loved everything about this book. I was seriously so sad that it was over when I was at work. I basically yelled at my phone for telling me that the audio book was over. OVER people! I couldn't handle that sort of information. So what did I do to cope? Hot freaking Chocolate people.

Wreckage was so freaking good. I loved Lillian and Dave's characters throughout the book. The stuff that those two had to go through was terrifying, yet amazing because they are alive. Yes, they are adj
Tom
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As an Amazon Prime member, I am able to get a free Kindle book each month via their Kindle First program. I haven't been keeping up and have a bit of a backlog of titles, so when February rolled around, I decided I would read my Kindle First selection right away. I chose Emily Bleeker's Wreckage. Unfortunately, this has been the weakest book I've gotten through the program and one of the most disappointing books I've actually bothered to finish.

The premise of people getting stranded on a desert
ReadAlongWithSue

This was a great story to sneak under my duvet last night as start to read. I didn't expect I would be still reading and hearing the birds tweet outside my bedroom window telling me it was early morning. I got so carried away with this. Needless to say, I slept in later.

This has all the elements of what I would call, survival suspense.

After the plane crash and before the plane the plane crash, those are the main themes of the chapter through the book.

I have to say that at times I got a bit fru
Lisa
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This survival/adventure story is told by Lillian and David who are the protagonists involved in a plane crash that sees them separated from their families for almost two years.
The narrative flits between present day when they are returned to their lives and being hounded by the media, and their shared past on the island where they struggled to survive following the crash.
It is a fast paced adventure filled with secrets and lies.
I thoroughly enjoyed it and particularly liked the depiction of the
Melodie
The aftermath of a plane crash. The initial event is bad enough. What happens to those who against all odds survive? Lillian Linden and her mother in-law,a flight attendant,the pilot and a company owner are on the plane when it jettisons into the ocean. Those who survive must fight for their lives and their sanity as they go forward.
The first part of the story left me breathless and intrigued. By the end of the book, I just wanted it to be over. In all fairness, it is hard to maintain a height
Kathy
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Intriguing and convoluted story line but "surface" characters needed much more depth. I really don't know why Dave was so great or what made Kent so malicious. Lillian was...well, she needed more believability.
Nicole Pesce
This was a predictable page-turner clearly influenced by the he said/she said structure (and flashing back and flashing forward sequences) of recent hits like "Gone Girl," but even so, I couldn't help ripping through it in less than 24 hours. I suspect it could make a fun movie if put in the right hands (and maybe edited to be a bit tighter and a bit less obvious about what the big 'lies' all turn out to be.)
Goodreads Librari...: Please add details 3 16 Nov 27, 2018 08:25AM
At what point in reading a book do you check its reviews? 3 16 Nov 19, 2018 09:09AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #19 Wreakage 1 3 Apr 26, 2018 09:06AM

• Brave Girl, Quiet Girl
  • The Game
  • The Caretakers
  • When We Believed in Mermaids
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
  • Broken Grace
  • The Dead Key
  • The Good Widow
  • Before I Die: A psychological thriller full of twists and turns
  • Half Past
Emily lives in suburban Chicago with her family. Between writing and being a mom, she attempts to learn guitar, sings along to the radio (loudly), and embraces her newfound addiction to running.