Start by marking “Bones of Fire (Fire #1)” as Want to Read:
Bones of Fire (Fire #1)

Bones of Fire

(Fire #1)

The Styles’ family is about to be sucked into a whirlwind.

Reverend Edwin Styles is a good man, but he is totally unprepared for the spiritual warfare that is about to overwhelm him and his family. He doesn’t believe in demons or warlocks, and he only theoretically believes in angels. But his ignorance of spiritual warfare won’t shield him from being chosen by God for a mis
ebook
Published September 5th 2014 by Eric Hill (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bones of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bones of Fire

Reeda Booke
Excellent story on spiritual warfare! Fast paced with wonderful characters, I had trouble putting this book down. Read it in 2 sittings. Reminded me of Frank Peretti's work in Piercing the Darkness. I have already pre-ordered the sequel. Highly recommended!
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Whatever happens in this world one truth remains even though we can not see it. There is a war happening in the spiritual realm between angels and demons and they influence what we do, think and say on a daily basis without even realizing it. For a believer in Jesus, we know that our most powerful weapon is the Word of God and prayer, yet we fail to see how these two impact the invisible world that can make all the difference in our lives. Spiritual warfare fiction has long been a favorite of mi ...more
Edie Campbell
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring

Thank you for writing this book. So many simple truths can be found within it. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Jane Ellen Hillis
I Wanted To Love This Book

I love well written spiritual warfare books
.They tell an important part of the Christian life that many don't understand or believe in. This novel had a great premise but the author was all over the place in the storytelling, much was quite "cheesy" in many places. Events were too conveniently placed into the storyline without explanation. I kept reading because I wanted to know how it all turned out. If I were to recommend this book to non believed or new Christian, I
Jasmine
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book on spiritual warfare! This book gets you praying and praising Almighty God! Wow! What an amazing read! There is so much truth in this book. For truly according to Ephesians 6:12 KJV "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places". All glory to Christ Jesus for victory, for He has overcome the world! I recommend this book.
Andrea  oller
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprising to me how much I enjoyed this book!

I'm not much of a religious follower so this is not a normal read for me, but it looked interesting so I gave it a try. I have already downloaded the next in the series. Which describes how much I enjoyed this book. Kept me guessing until the end. So even if you think this is of no interest to you, but you enjoy reading well written captivating stories give it a shot. I'm willing to bet you will be surprised as well!
Sheila
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great story! In the same vein as Frank Peretti, this story challenges the modern-day Christian about their ideas about the Lord and the Devil. Full of suspense, this spiritual warfare story causes the reader to walk away with a lot to chew on. Read it and it will effect you--what will you do with what you learn? An excellent buy!
Nichole Williams
Gripping!

This book was wonderful! I read it last but wish I would have read it first! Such wonderful description of spiritual warfare!! I liked how the author, Eric M. Hill shows a progression from darkness to light. Jonathan was truly a servant of God. Once again, real down to earth,realistic experiences that one can relate to.
Leah Christiansen
Loved it!

This is the first book I’ve read by this author, but definitely not the last. Characterization was deep, the plot really moved along, and I gained a whole new perspective of Holy warfare.
Maria DeRoy
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Good read, love the military accept of the story. If you like fiction, you will enjoy this book. Great book.😊👍👍
Ann
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful novel about spiritual warfare! This is a real page-turner, just could not put it down. The author moves seamlessly between the spiritual and the natural world.
Shannon Hoff
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Excellent book. I really like the plot, the way it's written, the whole thing. I look forward to the next book
Scott A. Norby
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good story with a good message.

The is a very good story and I enjoyed the message. There were a couple errors, but I was still enthralled with the story.
Lou Ann Dunger
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I liked the way the author demonstrates the spiritual war that goes on in the life of a Christian believer.
Sophia
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Praying More!

This kind of dramatic story encourages me to pray so much more and diligently search the Holy Word of God!
Patricia Hankins
Intriguing

Revival , bold preachers, and hypocrites. Believers and unbelievers. This has them all. The story of God and his timing and perfection is indeed worth reading.
Anthony Davis
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

Fantastic read! I totally recommend this book. It will immerse and enlighten you. The reader will not be disappointed and may gain some insight also.
Jeremy And Candace King
Spiritual warfare at its finest!

A great book! Eric does s wonderful job of illustrating spiritual warfare while capturing the ultimate power that God has granted us through his Son, Jesus Christ. I can't wait to read the next one.
Sandra Hudkins
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intetesting

I am learning a lot about spiritual warfare. This story has given me more insight into it. I believe that everyday there are battles being waged and won. Have faith God wins when you believe.
Stanley
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. I am anxious to read the sequel when it is released. I thought one of the subplots was not adequately resolved but it did not detract from the overall satisfaction of finishing a good book. This book may challenge your doctrine. I don't recall having to look up any word definitions. If you can easily match the characters of this book with people in your church, you may be in trouble.
Alexia Blyther
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing

This book is exactly what I was needing in a time of wondering why is their so much defeat. The depiction in this novel put into context the reality of spiritual warfare. Thank you!
Katie Weigle
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book about spiritual warfare!

This was a wonderful book! Well written with great characters and details...it leaves you with that feel good feeling about Christianity and the Lord!
Pat Whitworth
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fasten your spiritual seatbelts when reading this one.Warning

Reading could be dangerous, truth is sometimes wrapped in fiction. Read at your own risk. Don't forget the BLOOD.
Nor the prayers of the righteous.
Louise T B McCree
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More Real Than We Know !!

More Real Than We Know !!

Vividly written especially with Christians in mind so we can rightly discern the truth !! Clarity is a beautiful thing. As the Word says "In all thy getting, get understanding. I'll look for the next book.
Denise
Not what I was expecting at all. Horrible!
Oziofu okwuosa
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting!

The book was .... Wow! It opened my eyes spiritually. Brings our relationships to the fore in a way that is soul searching and real. Wowww
Janet C.
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was unable to put this book down. The warfare in the spirit world between good and evil was told in such a way that it was easy to understand just what is happening in our world. Excellent read!
Heidi Lawson
Sep 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• On the Edge: A Novel of Spiritual Warfare
  • The Remnant
  • Mosaic (Harbingers #5-8)
  • Angelguard (Chronicles of the Angelguard #1)
  • Miracle Drug
  • The Turning
  • Wounds
  • The Influence
  • The Maze
  • The Aleppo Code  (The Jerusalem Prophecies, #3)
  • Battle Scream
  • The Thirteenth Demon, Altar of the Spiral Eye
  • The Guardian
  • The Devil's Game
  • Rapture's Rain
  • Dark Liaison (COIL, #1)
  • Trial & Tribulations (Windy Ridge #1)
  • The Judgment Stone  (Immortal Files #2)
Eric M. Hill writes Christian Fiction That Grips The Soul. His spiritual warfare thrillers are acclaimed by readers for their can’t-put-the-book-down suspense, nonstop action, emphasis on the power of prayer, and illumination of Biblical truths.

Fire (3 books)
  • Trial By Fire (Fire #2)
  • Saints On Fire (Fire #3)
“If you only trust God when you don't have to, or only when you understand Him, you won't get very far." Edwin” 0 likes
“Never measure God's love for you by your emotions or your success rate.  Measure it by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.” 0 likes