Start by marking “The Captain's Temptress” as Want to Read:
The Captain's Temptress

The Captain's Temptress

A steamy, swashbuckler sea adventure romance set amid the life and death perils of the approaching Spanish-American War. Previously published under the title of TO CUBA WITH LOVE.
LOYALTY TO FAMILY IS HIS GUIDING FORCE . . . .
To keep his family's shipping empire from collapse, Sean Nolan makes a dangerous deal with the devil. He'll transport a lucrative--but illegal--cargo
Published September 5th 2014 by Averil Reisman (first published October 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Captain's Temptress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Captain's Temptress

Nicole Laverdure
Nov 12, 2013 Nicole Laverdure rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun adventure 4.5
I have just finished reading TO CUBA WITH LOVE by Averil Reisman. It was a real page turner, as soon as I started to read it, I could not put it down. It's the fun adventure of two independent characters Sean and Samantha. I could feel the research that the author had done for that period of time. Beautiful chemistry between the two. This historical romance is filled with love and intrigue. Wonderful sea adventure, with sexy characters, that you will love. I strongly recommend.
Jen
Apr 08, 2014 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is probably the classic example of "Don't judge a book by its cover" - let's be honest, this cover is really not great. But please, don't be turned off by the cover - this is a hidden gem of a book. It's not without its flaws, but the characters are good, the plot is reasonable, and the writing is pretty good as well. The best part of this book is that it offers a small peek into a period of history that many Americans are not familiar with.

Downside: many questions were left unanswere
Tara Kingston
"To Cuba With Love” is a page-turning story of adventure during an unusual historical setting: the years before the Spanish-American war when Cuba was fighting for its independence from Spain. I was not well acquainted with this time period, but the author really brings the dangers of gunrunning and the rebellion to life. As they face dangers from all sides, Samantha and Sean engage in a passionate battle of the sexes in this thoroughly researched historical romance.
Tory Ferrera
Dec 03, 2013 Tory Ferrera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
To Cuba With Love is an engaging historical romance set in an unusual time period, the Spanish-American War. I loved the period details - especially sailing along the Florida coast with all the beauty and the dangers that presented. I was interested to watch the heroine struggle with the limited roles allowed a woman in late 19th century America, and also her charged encounters with the hero, who has his own kettle of fish to deal with. Well crafted and a pleasure to read.
Barbara Weitz
Nov 13, 2013 Barbara Weitz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great research and well written. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and felt like I learned something about the era as well. You don't see many books written about the Gilded Age so I found the timeframe a treat.
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Julieanne Bringans
Julieanne Bringans rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Chanelle Nash
Chanelle Nash rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2017
Acel Johnston
Acel Johnston rated it did not like it
Jun 29, 2014
Ashley York
Ashley York rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Averil Reisman
Feb 07, 2017 Averil Reisman rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Laura Moore
Laura Moore marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Blythe Gifford
Blythe Gifford marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Enrica
Enrica marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Angela Savidge
Angela Savidge marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Shelley Hillen
Shelley Hillen marked it as to-read
May 13, 2017
Averil Reisman
Dec 09, 2013 Averil Reisman added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-wrote-these
Averil Reisman loves to write steamy American-set historical romances of the Gilded Age and Gay Nineties--the late Victorian period during which America's industrial age aristocracy lived like lords and ladies of England. Ever since the PBS series, America's Castles, which focused on the fabulous houses built during this era, she's been fascinated by the life style of America's industrial age baro ...more
More about Averil Reisman...