Start by marking “Fighting Dirty Too (Fighting Dirty, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting Dirty Too (Fighting Dirty, #2)

Fighting Dirty Too

(Fighting Dirty #2)

A week at an outdoor centre, team-building, is not Ethan Reed's idea of fun. If he's to stand any chance of the promotion he desires though, he needs to do this course. Everyone knows Ethan prefers to spend his days drawing, not running and climbing, but Ethan has a secret. A fear that nobody knows about.

Charlie Fitzwilliam, Fitz to all and sundry, was the man of Ethan's d
Published October 6th 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Dirty Too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting Dirty Too

SheReadsALot

4.5 Stars--Mud wrestling, unrequited crushing that gets requited, shower (view spoiler) and one fine ass cover

When I learned this author was going to write a completely different version of her LL event prompt - Fighting Dirty on top of the one she chose to submit...I thought she was creamy crackered. (I just wanted to use that phrase.)

This is her original idea, a contemporary setting featuring frenemies, Ethan and Fitz, who haven't seen each other since teens, meet again for
Sheri
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
love it!
love the cover!
and LOVE the final three words 'Or is it?'

*bounces up and down*
it's not right?
*bats eyelashes*
please say no.....please?

*4.5 gimmie-gimmie-more! stars*
Sara

So yeah… I kinda beta read this one too and let me tell you, this modern day contemporary version of Fitz and Ethan is no less hot than the historical one. I am in awe of Ms. White and how she can take the same prompt and spin it into two stories and blow me away with both. Well done, Olley. Well done indeed.

Ethan Reed, where do I begin? Ethan, Ethan, Ethan. *sigh* I adored you from the minute you showed up on the page fighting the awkwardness about being among all those people, stran
* A Reader Obsessed *
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-ll, mm-love, lgbt
Same prompt and characters but a contemporary setting.

Feel good, easy reading.
Trisha Harrington
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really nice little story. The writing was good and I really loved Ethan and Fitz.
☆ Todd
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Fighting Dirty Too" features the same character names as the original story, but it's more of an alternate story written on the same prompt. And set in modern times vs. the middle ages.

In this tale, Ethan is a late 20's graphic designer and artist, which Fitz is a late 20's hospice director, both on a 5-day corporate leadership training event.

Unbeknownst to Fitz, he and Ethan went to high school together ('Sixth Form', grades 12 & 13 in UK-speak -- yes, I had to look it up), where Fitz was
Natasha
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a reread! I just read this for my second go around. I can't believe I forgot to review previously.

Great writing style... totally fun and engaging. I was sucked right in. Same characters as Fighting Dirty, but in an entirely different scenario. Very imaginative.

I thought the characters had a lot chemistry. Very sexy. Very good with tension.

I absolutely can't wait for Olley to white a full-length story! I will be so happy!

This is a quality story for the low, low price of free! So very free
Marlobo
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh, I love this version so much more! And fits with the prompt perfectly. I want more too.
Nico Jaye
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Super duper cute story, and Fitz was so heroic. Adorable boys are adorable. ^__^
Lorraine Lesar
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of these days, this author is going to write a full length book and I'm going to the first in the queue to buy it! She tempts us with these brilliant little shorts, which are amazing, but I want to see her talent extended more. This book is currently free and you would be totally stupid to miss out on what this author has to offer if you don't check out her books now!
Anke
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short, cute, engaging little story and it's free!

(Note: there were quite some spelling mistakes)
Siobhan
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I was more than a little bit let down by Fighting Dirty, and if the truth is to be known I wasn’t sure whether I was going to give this one a read. In the end I decided to give it a go, as I was in need of a quick read.

It turns out I made the right choice by opting to read this one. What I disliked so much about the first book – the fact that there seemed to be no real story – was not an issue with this one. This is an actual story. This is a story that kept me engaged. This one was so much fun
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
Is this like a re-imagining of the same characters in a different setting? That is weird, but ok, I will give it a shot.
Otterpuss
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Team building. *shudders*
We've all been there. *shudders again*
Lovely little story.
I really liked the headers at the beginning of each chapter and the characters were likeable.
Jewel
Meh. The first one was much better.
Lisa
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
The pain of "team building" in the English countryside....yep....been there, done that, have several of t.shirts......the one in The New Forest....that story is for another time.....

I digress....this was just a fab read, I smelt the mud, heard the groans and WTF's at the tasks and just smiled at what only the Brits could undertake and call it "team spirit"....haha.....

For such a short read, it packed a lot in and Ethan's fears felt real. Fitz, the knight in shining armour *sigh* There was a litt
Sam
Liked this a lot. Hope the last line means there might just be more. :)
Shelby P
Oct 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m, freebie
I thought it was very creative that the author uses the same characters from the historical Fighting Dirty and places them in present day time. I liked the first book, it was short, but I liked the chemistry between Ethan and Fitz. I was sort of expecting the same enemies to lovers theme but I don't think we got that, if we were meant to anyway.

The chemistry was sorely lacking between present day Ethan and Fitz. Around 35% I got bored with the premise of a company motivational retreat. I would n
M'rella
I am not sure why the rating is so low.

The story is short, but fun, wonderfully written and easy to read (not going to make a big deal of typos, they happen even to the best).

I think I liked the first book better, but only because I am a huge fan of fantasy and historicals.

This installment features great sportsmanship and that is always a win for me no matter times or settings. Certainly it wasn't not as dramatic, when the boys finished, but it was there :D

Loved it. 5 stars.
Tamara
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another good short that I wish was a full length book. Sweet.. not as dirty as the first though.

I do like that this book and the second book have Ethan and Fitz in different time periods. Does that make sense.
Mary Beaman
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Too short most definitely...but the story was engaging and kept my attention the whole time. Love that the names are the same as the first book, but in different times. Have to put this in my reread pile. :)
melek
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was so different to the first version its an modern day story. group of them get together to complete a outdoor centre, battle grounds so to speak. Ethan know Fitz back in high-school, they become roommates for the week. Ethan wil have to battle his demons with the help of fitz.
Rissa
Very hopeful beginning for Ethan and Fitz! :) I especially liked what Fitz did for Ethan! ♡
Regencyfan93
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
This was such a different story than Fighting Dirty.
Jodie Manchester
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Now that's one ending I'll never forget
DC
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really really enjoyed this too-short story. Ten year’s in the making and Ethan’s dreams come true. Fitz was no longer the stuck up cad he was when they were teens. Maturity did wonderful things to him and both he and Ethan so deserved their happiness. As an American, it is always an interesting challenge to read and fully comprehend a story written in British English. But nothing was lost to me and I finished this with a huge smile on my face.
Mel
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, adult, yaoi
sweet and short. A bit cliche, but nothing i didn't expect.
Daesy
Erica Chilson
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed the overall premise, I believe the editing was rushed, making it jarring to read. Grammar rules were broken, habitually, throughout- ones not present in the author's previous work. That's why my guess was rushing to publish.

My biggest gripe: COMMAS.
This error most prominent: "Colin (comma) how are you?" No comma was used before or after the name, when being spoken to, in all dialogue.

Short/novella, or not, rushed. I would have bit my tongue, except the editing in the prior book
joani
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't bad...

The spelling and grammar was poor, there were so many errors. But I am not a teacher, nor do I care about a few misspelled words. The story was interesting and characters were likable. I liked Fitz, he has heart and he is very patient. I liked that he put Ethan first and make sure he overcame his fears. What I thought was kinda flat were the sex scenes. We were told they felt passion but as the audience, I didn't feel it. No detail and in-depth passion or heat. Missionary ...yawn

• I Spy Pecan Pie
  • Emyr's Smile (The Stories of Ys, #2)
  • Seasons Pass (Enlightenment, #3.5)
  • Making It Happen
  • High Five Dive
  • Just Like Florence Nightingale (Tigers and Devils, #1.3)
  • Life Drawing
  • Pink Lace and Stolen Hearts
  • Trying Not to Love You
  • Matters of State (Space Portal Vector, #2)
  • Waiting for Clark
  • Billie Jean
  • The Subtle Build of Perfection
  • Knickers in a Twist
About me;

Books with romance, books with sex,
Voodoo books and books with hex,
Fantasy, mystery, humour and crime,
Young adult, adult adult and kids from time to time,
In all their shapes and all their sizes,
I love books in all their guises.
Olley White

I live in England and use the fenland where I live as inspiration for my writing. I love romance in stories - boy/girl, boy/boy, girl/girl...if they're i

Fighting Dirty (2 books)
  • Fighting Dirty (Fighting Dirty, #1)
“Life would be simpler if only we were all unicorns.” 17 likes