Start by marking “The Half of Us (Family, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Half of Us (Family, #4)

The Half of Us

(Family #4)

Short-tempered, arrogant heart surgeon Jason Garcia grew up wanting a close-knit family, but believes he ruined those dreams when he broke up his marriage. The benefit of divorce is having as much random sex as he wants, and it’s a benefit Jason is exploiting when he meets a sweet, shy man at a bar and convinces him to go home for a no-strings-attached night of fun.

Eight
Published October 10th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Half of Us, please sign up.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

This is a perfectly lovely story with a seriously dirty edge.

Jason is a self-proclaimed fuck-em-and-leave-em kind of guy. He's been married, couldn't stay faithful, and now does only one-night stands as a matter of principle. Jason is looking for a quick fuck when he hears Abe laugh. That laugh: Jason can't let it go.

That's how Jason, a 36-year-old surgeon, and Abe, a 26-year-old math teacher, find themselves coming back for more. Soon, Abe if falling for Jason, and Jason is thinking
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US, 2/12/18*

Cardeno C. nirvana.

The angle was different, which made Abe gag, but Jason didn't slow down. "Take it," he growled as he slid over Abe's tongue, "Fucking choke on it."

Cardeno C. in all of C.C.'s fluffy, sexy, dirty-talking glory. I'll take a well done, smexy as hell C.C. book any day of the week.

There is nothing new or outrageously inventive about this story, but that is just fine with me. This book featured scorching hot chemistry between the two MCs,
Rosa, really

Stand back, people, I’m about to cuddle the shit out of this FLUFF.

description

And then I'm going to write a long, meandering review about it.

And then I'm going to pointlessly apologize for my long, meandering review.

Okay. Now that that's out of the way.

I gotta tell you (for perhaps the 217th time), I love Cardeno C.’s books. They’re my fluff nuggets, my corn syrup baths--my only expectation is to feel like I’m high on book-love. Giggly and flushed and happy. And slightly aroused because she writes some o
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

This was only my second Cardeno book. The first was cheese-city, so I was a little hesitant to try another one.

I'm pleased to report, that while at times cheesy...this one was in no way as cheesy as the last one.

A girl can only handle so much cheese.

I haven't read the other books in the series, but found this one to be a very easy and low angst read.

High steam factor. Seemed like there was sex nearly every chapter. And it was definitely hot.

I kind of thought Jason was a bit of a d
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

I'm in love and his name is Ezekiel Robison. This new (to me) narrator blew me out of the water. HE IS AWESOME. Robison takes all of the awesome hot dirty talk and the smoking' hot sexy times and turns it all up to eleven!

turn it up to 11

Jason, a 36-year-old surgeon, is looking for a one-off to help him forget his bad day. He walks into a bar and immediately hears 26-year-old math teacher Abe laugh and is instantly drawn to him. Even though Abe never does one night stands he decides there’s something about Ja
Susan
Cardeno C is a master in low-angst stories.

This story is about two people who were not expecting to fall in love with each other. Jason, a surgeon, was expecting to have an amazing hot one night stand with the sweet guy he picked up from the bar. Jason is used to relieving his tension with a bunch of random hookups, but he never expected this particular hookup to become something more.

Abe is taking a chance for once in his life by bringing home the sexy guy he meets in the bar. Abe is a relation
☆ Todd
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Overall, a pretty adorable story.

Abe should teach a freaking master class in "how to get what you want without the other guy even realizing it." Or maybe in spite of his dark hair, it was really Jason that was the true 'blond'. ;- )

The book basically is the tale of a self-professed man whore, Jason, who could never keep it in his pants -- until he meets the one that he never saw coming.

Jason meets Abe in a bar and Abe breaks his rule of never doing a hookup. Then as the book progresses, Jason br
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jason is a 36 years old successful surgeon. He’s a hardworking guy, divorced with two kids and for some time out as gay. He share the custody with his wife, remaining friends with her after divorce and having a very good, mature relationship. Jason doesn’t do relationships. From time to time he has one night stands and that’s it.

One night he meets Abraham (Abe) in a bar. He immediately is captivated by the blonde gorgeous man with big blue eyes. Abe is 26 years old. He’s a teacher and he liked
Vivian
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica-contemp
Conflicted reader ALERT.

To not like this is like kicking puppies. Nothing upsetting or offensive at all, and that's the problem. Conflict is hinted at and then voila! Disappears. All problems swept under the rug or fast-forwarded past. Time is kept via Jason and Abe boink sessions.

Overall, totally enjoyable, but don't look for anything toothy.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
3.75 Enjoyable Stars!

The Half of Us
was a cute, low on angst, medium on steam MM romance. Jason is a successful heart surgeon when he meets a younger Abe in a local bar. Divorced father of two, Jason finds quick hook-ups are his best bet for his insatiable sex drive. He cheated on his ex-wife all the while denying his homosexuality. So in order to avoid history repeating itself, he decides no-commitment relationships are the best bet. What he didn't bank on was that Abe he wanted a repeat with..
Susan
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it

See...Cardeno C is my guilty pleasure. So there's not much else I can say after reading a CC book other than, "I liked it!".  Because I typically do. And I typically give every CC book 3.5 - 4 stars. And I find myself almost always happy at the end of each book.

And that's what happened with "The Half of Us". The Family series is one of my go-to's when I need something to read that will be sweet, hot, and make me smile. Low angst, high readability (= easy). The books work as standalones
Bev
***Mini audio review. Quite liked Ezekiel Robinson as a narrator, but even he must have been rolling his eyes at the sheer amount of sex. ;)***

Well, this was a sex fest!! 4 stars from me and a medal for Abe and Jase for their invention, endurance and just all-round hotness, hehe!!

Talk about opposites attract!! Jase, a 30's something divorced cardiothoracic surgeon with 2 teenagers. A bossy, domineering, arrogant slut of a man, King of the hook up who only does one night stands with absolutely N
Gigi
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not what I expected. Review tomorrow.
Heller
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.75

I loved this story.

Jason never sleeps with a man more than once but he’s drawn to Abe over and over again. After his divorce he’s been playing the field and he never thought he could have a stable relationship with a man but he’s willing to try because he wants Abe in his life. Abe is patience personified. He’s not one for casual sex but there was something about Jason that caused him to break that rule. The more time the men spend together the more Abe is seeing a future with Jason and he c
Isabel
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This is one of those books that I won't get tired to read. It's light, funny, has amazing characters and it made me create another shelve: "sex-fest". Hot and steamy sex, dirty talk..."baby"... perfection!

Jason only wants one night stands... Abe don't, he wants a steady relationship!

Jason never imagined that that "one" night would become the most safe and perfect relationship! He never thought that he would find his perfect match... and trust me, they are really perfect together!!!

Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Heart surgeon Jason Garcia doesn't believe in relationships. After his divorce (when he finally had to acknowledge he was gay), he's only subscribed to sexual hookups, one-nighters as a means to reduce stress. That is until he connects with Abe Green, a sensitive man whose values and ideals are almost polar opposite of Jason's.

What I really liked
Abe! I just adored him. He was the perfect opposite of Jason, who at least had enough sense to recogni
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
~Arc provided via Netgalley in exchange for honest review. ~

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

My first book by Cardeno C. was Strange Bedfellows which I read last year and liked enough to try smth else by this author and to be honest- the breathtaking cover played a big part in it. Just like SB, The Half of Us was a hot, fast-pacing, drama-free doctor vs. teacher romance which I read in one sitting.

~ Why 3 stars?

Reason no. 1: I prefer slow-building and slow-burning romances. Abe &
Kazza
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

Cor! This was a hot tamale of a read. Really. I am going to have some fun on the blog. Jason and Abe scorch up the sheets together in The Half of Us and then go back for seconds...and thirds.... But there is more, there is the family aspect of the series. Jason was married to (the wonderful) Angela and has two children, fifteen year old Kristen and thirteen year old Donny. Kristen is the perfect teenager, Donny has some issues. Jason is a heart specialist in Vegas, he is grumpy, a one night stan
Lena♥Ribka
DNF at 40%

Recently I've decided not to rate books I couldn't finish.

This one started Cardeno's-like, and I SWEAR, I was in the mood for a Cardeno's book.
We have Christmas soon, right? It's why I wanted romantic, easy, sexy.

But this one was not my cuppa. I tried, I really tried.
Then I had a look at my TBR and thought: "Why SHOULD I struggle?! The life is too short."

Too much sex with a too little content.
(I am not against too much sex, but it has to complement a storyline, and not just fills the
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
3.5 Stars
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
Bubble'ly Sweet!

I loved the Banter of the Bubble bath

Gosh, this was so cute!

The bubble bath scene shows that Abe is perfect for Jason. The scene was delicately written...because there was no door-mate in sight...it was simply a sweet compromise, written in a way I could do nothing but smile.

And the (view spoiler) " I need you more than ever " I had
Sandra

The Half Of Us, CC's latest installment in the Family series, took me by surprise. After the first few pages, I wasn't sure whether I would like Jason's cocky attitude, his love 'em and leave 'em MO, but I should have trusted CC to make me care about the character, like I usually do.

Jason and Abe start out as a one-night stand, meeting in a bar, with Jason attracted to Abe's laugh, going home to Abe's apartment, something Abe decides is his birthday gift to himself, and then falling und
Gina
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
I love Cardno stories, they simply tug at my heart. this one was no different!

*sigh*
Elsbeth

BR, November 4th with Susan ♥♥♥

I could easily just let my preview gif stand in this review cause I just felt like this… Eating popcorn with my bestest friend and watching a great movie!!!

This was fabulous!!

Our MC Jason Garcia, a 36 year old heart surgeon is divorced for 5 years. He has always dreamed about having a family. Though he has his children, he feels an intimate relationship with a man is out of the question.

“Look, I know it’s not popular to say it with everyone shouting about equalit
Debra
This had everything I want when I go to a Cardeno C. book. Watching Jason and Abe go from one night stand to can't live without you was funny, sweet and hot.

I loved the way Abe accepts Jason's gruff sometimes obnoxious behavior for what it is rather than having it become unnecessary drama and the fact that Jason owns up to it. Jason's ex-wife and children play a big part in the story and the relationships felt realistic. The story progresses nicely and the sex and dirty talk was plentiful and h
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Half of Us by Cardeno C http://amzn.to/1tGo3ji
stand alone read

This book can absolutely be read stand alone; the Family series is about the story’s theme not the characters; if you love gay romance where the men are meant to be together; where you can feel the attraction through the pages then I highly recommend you 1-click The Half of Us now!

The Half of Us is the story of heart surgeon Dr Jason Garcia; yes think ego and Abe Green; I will not tell you Abe’s profession because the ho
Heidi
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, part-of-series
When you want hot steamy sex, two nice main characters (ok Jason did have his moments), low and I do mean low angst/drama then this is one to consider. Easy M/M contemporary romance - *Aaahhh*
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 stars! I don't think I could love this author any more. Sexy, sweet, loving - - this book has it all.

Cardeno C. has become my go-to author when I want to read a sexy, beautiful m/m story that I know will be filled with heart, well-written characters and tons of emotion. The Half of Us is no exception. This is a hot, sweet and gorgeous story that I absolutely loved from beginning to end. Jason is hiding his loneliness behind a tough exterior and thinks he only deserves quick, one-night stands
Wendy
This book was awesome !! I loved every minute. My god that mouth on Jason..such a dirty boy. This book was seriously hot, low on angst and funny at times. I'm gonna check out some more books by this author because if the rest are like this one...I'm gonna read them all. What I also liked about this one was the awesome ex wife. Finaly an ex who isn't crazy but supportive and friendly...loved it ! 5 stars from me
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
10/10/2014 Books like this are the reason I read Cardeno C's books. I loved every part of this.
07/19/2015 having a Cardeno marathon weekend apparently
Dreamspinner Press: The Half of Us by Cardeno C. 1 10 Oct 25, 2014 03:05AM
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle, #3)
  • Wood, Screws, & Nails (Hard Hats, #1)
  • The Guy From Glamour (The Guy, #1)
  • Sense of Place (Thomas Elkin, #3)
  • The Shearing Gun
  • Disasterology 101
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)
  • Last First Kiss (Southern Comfort #1)
  • Going Up
  • Spirit
  • Then the Stars Fall
  • Frog
  • Public Display of Everything
  • Out of the Blues
  • Trouble & the Wallflower
Cardeno C. - CC to friends - is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into a reader's day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno's stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ev ...more

Family (4 books)
  • Something in the Way He Needs (Family, #1)
  • Strong Enough (Family, #2)
  • More Than Everything (Family, #3)
“But taking a bath to get clean is like licking my own balls, which is much less appealing.” 1 likes