Start by marking “Liquid Regret (Liquid Regret, #1)” as Want to Read:
Liquid Regret (Liquid Regret, #1)

Liquid Regret

(Liquid Regret #1)

Damien “D’Rey” Reynolds is the lead singer of the hottest new band in the country. He’s talented, he’s gorgeous, and he’s spinning completely out of control. His dark past is threatening to ruin everything he’s worked so hard for. When a story leaked to the press has the power to clean up his image, he doesn’t see another way out.

Mia Lee has spent the past year forgetting
Published October 13th 2014 (first published October 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Liquid Regret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liquid Regret

Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Note to self
H has a child with OW
H hooks up with OW who look like h to get her out of his system
Grace
Jan 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
I got to page 30 and had to stop. I could see the potential there...but it was really hard to get into this book.

(view spoiler)
CeCe
I am not a fan of stories where there are baby mamas. I wish the synopsis would have indicted that the hero had a kid with OW. Not in the mood for that type of drama.

Not for me, but may work for you.
Heather andrews
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Damien you can tell right off this boy is head over heels for Mia, "do I hug her? I'm not sure. Eff it. I pull her into my chest, burying my nose in her hair. Every nerve ending in my body is instantly alive." He's also the voice of reason when Mia can't be reached, "Damien puts his hands on my cheeks. "Breathe. It's ok. I'm here with you. It's just a power outage or something. You're safe." His chuckle makes me furious. "Baby, you need to breathe." Damien is always hungry, well for something th ...more
Sanne Heremans
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review ~ Sanne - Scandalous Book Blog***

Damn you, damn you woman! ;-)

If you even have an inkling that you know what this story will be about, think again! You will be completely and utterly mesmerized when you finish this book and finish it you will; fast!

I have got quite a few arc's to get through and this was supposed to be just "the next one" on my list... Yeah right! I just knew the moment I read the blurb just before starting to read that I would b
T.A. McKay
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my freaking god! I don't even know where to start this review!
I adored this book! Like I can't gush about it enough! Let me try to explain my feelings without giving anything away!!

I always wanted Damien and Mia to get together, I knew there would be a story I wanted to read but I didnt realise what an epic story it would be! I loved the sexual tension between them, the longing that they had for each other, but god there were points I wanted to knock some sense into them!!
And then....well
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
You're not my secret. You're my life...
OMG!!! I fell into cover lust when I saw this book...those tats...those eyes...sigh. Wait until you meet him in the pages of Liquid Regret, you will fall even deeper. If that's not enough, the song lyrics will take you the rest of the way under. Just imagine him singing this, "You'll call me sir as you shatter on cue. A flick of my tongue, I'll own you". You will fall in love with all the band members in Liquid Regret. They are brothers, a family that stand
Hooked On Books
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Reviewed for Hookedonbooks

Well what can I say about Liquid Regret? M.J.Carnal has given us a fantastic story that mesmerises you from the start.
Liquid Regret are the hottest band on the circuit, led by Damien “D Rey” Reynolds. He is super sexy, but he is living a life of regret. He regrets leaving Mia Lee behind. They only spent a week together over a year ago, but neither of them can forget it.
All the characters have their own special traits & blend together wonderfully.
This story will ha
Scandalous Book Blog
I had no clue about this book because Sanne (Co-Blogger & Partner In Crime) was the one who signed up to review, but it was my week to set up post and you would never guess what I came across......Yep, once I read the Blurb I had to read. It felt like a magnet just pulling me in.

Oh Wow......MJ Carnal did not take this one easy or fun loving. Right from the get go this book took off like a stallion on a mission to win and by God I was going to hold on for one hell of a ride.
A few things in
Lisa A
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was sad to see the Moretti Novels end, but I was very excited for the new series!! We meet Damien in Untamed, Moretti Novel 5. Damien is Steve's cousin and briefly dates Lily until he is introduced to Mia, Lily's sister.
Damien is attracted to Mia but knows he is starting a tour with his band Liquid Regret.
Liquid Regret start shortly after Moretti Novel 5 ends but you don't need to read the Moretti Novel( but you really should..they are great). Damien is out of control, drinking, womanizing an
D.B.
Aerin
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have to say that I'm a bit surprised by the really high reviews for this book. The characters didn't suck me in at all, and weirdly, the supporting cast was much more interesting than the main couple.
Crystal Brueningsen
Amazing!

Okay, this book had me all kinds of emotional. I love the characters and stories. It is hard for me to express how much I really love this book. You have to read it for yourself to get it.

I am so excited to read the rest of the series and have MJ's entire collection now. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Thank you MJ for introducing me to your work.
You rock lady!
Bookish Addict
Great writing but the story line is ok. I didn't care for either characters and their second chance love story. I thought it was weird with too many lies, but hardly any drama other than the murder mystery side story that was never resolved in this book. I assume will have closure at some point in the other books. Not a bad story, just not to my liking. I thought the side characters were more interesting.
Jamie Ellis
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freaking devoured this book

I've had this on my kindle for a while, don't know why I hadn't read it yet!! Absolutely freaking loved it. I am crushing on these characters hard, I mean who wouldn't?? Sexy rock stars, hot sex and a intriguing storyline. So check this book and series out!
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Ana Laura Crispim
Jul 16, 2019 rated it did not like it

OH MY GOD THIS GARBAGE SHIT AGAIN ????!!!!!
Carol
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read from this author. Right from the beginning she drew me in and kept me captivated until the very end. She delivers on the drama, romance, danger, and a very sexy hero. Very interesting secondary characters. You can't wait to here their story and wonder what happened to them in their past.
There was a moment when you may need your tissues. Also moments which were risque'. This couple isn't bashful about having sex publicly. Although once seemed a little inappropr
Stephanie Marshall
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One week in time changed two people’s lives forever. But that one week was not to be the last of their time together.
Mia knew she should have never let him just walk away after that one week, but she also knew she couldn’t have stopped him from his destiny as a rock star. It took time but she was getting her life together than one day in a bar with her friend she felt the tingle and heard his voice and knew it was him. But now he was engaged and she would never be the other women.
Damien knew th
Ashley Jasper
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read from M.J. Carnal but it for sure won't be the last. I had heard nothing but good things about her work and after meeting her at a signing I knew I had to go for it. While there are a few slight references to her other series, The Moretti Novels, you don't have to read that for this one to flow.

Liquid Regret follows the story of Damien and Mia and is told in a dual POV. I liked the alternating POV especially since they spend a lot of time apart. Why did they spen
Escape Reality with Books
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ!

MJ Carnal…damn lady, you know how to write a story that is sweet, swoon worthy, smokin’ hot, teary and tugs at the heart strings!

Damien “D Rey” Reynolds is the lead singer of Liquid Regret, the hottest band around at the moment. One year on after meeting Mia and spending only one week together, falling in love with her with only the experience of her kiss, before the band went on tour and Damien is still reminiscing about her being “the one that got away”. He goes through endless amo
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Wow! This book rocked its ass off. Don't let the length fool you. This book packs a serious punch. This new series by MJ is based on a rock band. And our lead boy Damien gets the first book! And that cover y'all? God, I would buy the book just for that! But seriously, this book was crazy good and takes you on a wild ride of two people destined to be together.

This is Damien and Mia's story. Damien is a troubled rockstar with a no so great past. When his label and manager force him to clea
Jennie Wurtz
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
WOW! Liquid Regret has been on my TBR for a while and I will admit I had it on my Kindle for quite some time before I was finally able to get to it. Now I'm kicking myself that I waited so long! What an amazing book! This story is so much more than just another hot rocker and his journey to finding true love. It's full of emotion and twists and turns and keeps the reader wanting more.

I fell in love with Damien from the moment I met him (and not just because he's represented on the cover by the
beth myrick
I was hyped up for so much more.

many will probably find this a really good read. it is a good book. good story. pretty well written grammatically. it was just missing something that didn't make me fall in love with it.

I don't know why these two characters were in love. lust maybe. we know what his past sex life was like, but when it comes to her I thought we were dealing with near virgin material. they spent a week together but didn't sleep together. then she sees him all of five minutes and h
Tara Marie
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of all things holy!! This book made me feel such a wide range of emotions. I literally could not put this book down!! Liquid Regret is hot, sexy, funny and sad all rolled into an awesome Josh McCann covered book!

I love me some rockers and this series looks like it aims to please. From beginning to end I felt everything that the characters felt, I laughed and cried when they did.. I'm sure it was an ugly cry thank god my husband was sleeping so he couldn't laugh at me.

What would you
Anja
Jan 15, 2015 marked it as to-read
Mia Lee has spent the past year forgetting about the week that changed her life forever. A chance encounter brings her face to face with the man who has the power to br
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Mia and Damien have known each other for a long time. After a week together they each their separate way but time nor distance can make them forget about the other.
Damien is the lead singer of the hottest band in the world, living his dream with his bandmates, who are more like family. His past and regrets have caused him to spiral out of control and now he’s forced to work on cleaning up his act.
I loved the way each band member was portrayed. The way each character was written to show how much
Lesley Peck
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We first meet Damien or D Rey in MJ Carnal's last Moretti book Untamed when we find out he's Steve's long lost cousin. We get a glimpse at his past and his personality - enough that we wanted more. So we got it! We also met Lily's sister Mia who had a thing for Damien. But we are left wondering what's going to happen between the two because Damien does on tour.

Liquid Regret picks up quite some time after and we soon realize that neither has forgotten about the other. However, bad choices have ca
Jody Pardo
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome start to a new rocker series by MJ Carnal. I loved the Moretti series and was eagerly waiting to see what she had cooking after being left with a wicked book hangover at the conclusion of the Moretti series. This series opener does NOT disappoint.

Meet Damian "D'Rey" Reynolds the lead singer of Liquid Regret. He is tortured by his past and after a long string of the classic sex drugs and rock and roll lifestyle, Damian is forced to clean up his act--or part ways. His band and h
Amy Zec
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fan-freaking-tastic!!! There are not enough words to describe how amazing this book was. M.J. had me completely hooked with the Moretti series. Just when you think her books can't get any better boom. She delivers an even better one. I have been able to connect with every character she has written about and this one is no different. You will catch yourself laughing, crying, falling in love, completely turned on and begging for more! Grad a box of kleenex and get ready to fall in love ...more
Jamie Rhodes
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. Damien and Mia had an encounter a year ago. He had to leave because his band, Liquid Regret, blew up the music scene. Damien couldn't forget about Mia. He slept his way through numerous women just to get her out of his head. They finally meet up again. Instant combustion. I felt so bad for Mia because of the way they had to lie and play the game of the record company. I loved this group of guys. They have a brotherhood and share a bond like none other. I fell in love with Max, Ch ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Alluring Surrender (Bayou Stix, #5)
  • Anything But Mine (When You're Gone, #1)
  • Ryker
  • Everything I Want
  • Letting Go of Us (Anchored Hearts Vol. 3)
  • Sex, Desires & Rock n' Roll (Redemption Tour, #1)
  • 5 Stages of Riley Winters
  • Country Heaven (Country Love Series #1)
  • Rogue: Rebel Part II (Bad Blooded Rebel, #1)
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • You've Been Touched (Touch, #3.5)
  • High Strung (Power Station, #1)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo, #1)
  • Jag (Pandemic Sorrow, #1)
  • Taming Chaos (Raining Chaos Book 1)
  • Surrendering (Surrender, #1)
  • Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #1)
  • Weathering Jack Storm (Silver Strings G, #2)
MJ Carnal is a USA TODAY bestselling author who lives in South Carolina with her husband, gorgeous daughter and two loving and super furry dogs. When she isn't writing, you can find her watching episodes of The Walking Dead with her hubby, having tea parties with her Princess, Singing karaoke for anyone that will listen and reading just about anything she can get her hands on.

She loves to hear fr

Liquid Regret (4 books)
  • Liquid Courage (Liquid Regret, #2)
  • Liquid Assets (Liquid Regret #3)
  • Liquid Redemption (Liquid Regret Book 4)