Start by marking “The 27 Club” as Want to Read:
The 27 Club

The 27 Club

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,240 Ratings  ·  314 Reviews
You don’t know when…
You don’t get to choose if…
When it’s time to join…you’ll know.

You might think you want to be a member—but trust me this is one club you don’t want to join. It’s not a place where people go to live out their deepest, darkest sexual desires—there are no handcuffs or blindfolds.

The 27 Club only admits those who die young and tragically. My brother was rece
Published March 3rd 2015 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about The 27 Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 27 Club

Confess by Colleen HooverNever Never by Colleen HooverHero by Samantha YoungDeep by Kylie ScottBeautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire
2015 Romantic Releases (JANUARY to MARCH)
71st out of 355 books — 1,773 voters
Confess by Colleen HooverNever Never by Colleen HooverBeautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuireNovember 9 by Colleen HooverThoughtful by S.C. Stephens
Most Anticipated Romances of 2015
366th out of 1,421 books — 6,246 voters

More lists with this book...

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
3.5 Stars

The 27 Club is about fear of the unknown, life, death, destiny and fate. It's about control and realising that some things in life are beyond our personal control.

If you've read the blurb you'll know that the 27 club is a unique place and one that may seem illogical to our reality but my interest was piqued, it's the very thing that attracted me to this story. I was keen to discover how it would unfold and develop, how would the author make me believe the premise? I was intrigued befo
Jasmine
2 STARS!

You know one of those occasions that you caught onto a good blurb and you just have to read it no matter what? This is definitely one of those instances but sadly this read wasn't what I expected it to be at all. Let me just put it out there that this isn't a PNR read despite what the blurb may seem to suggest. It does touch on the subject of belief in destiny/fate and somewhere along the lines of a family curse but that was pretty much all there is to it.

The 27 Club isn't your usual c
Beverly
Mar 05, 2015 Beverly rated it really liked it
I will start by saying this isn’t what I expected at all, it was so much more. After watching the trailer for the book I couldn’t wait to jump in.. The 27 Club is about love, loss, destiny and living.

The story begins with us meeting Zach, he has just turned 27 and knows his time is near. That seems so odd, but Zach just knows it’s his destiny to die at 27. He has a lot of evidence in his family to support his theory, but he decides to not let fear run his life and live life to the fullest. Unfo
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
DNF @43%

Unfortunately I was not feeling this book AT all. I was under the impression there was club involved and maybe some mystery, but it was completely different to what I thought it would be.

I would describe this as a brothers best friend to lovers story. Quite sweet, and a bit depressing.

ARC gratefully received from the author in exchange for an honest review

Katy Evans
Feb 18, 2015 Katy Evans rated it it was amazing
I met Kim Karr by pure coincidence; Real and Connected debuted in 2013 around the same time, and we both casually picked up the other's books and enjoyed them and we've been friends ever since. I just LOVE getting to read her books before release! This one is soooo well written, you guys.

This is the story of a woman who thinks she's going to die and for the first time ever, wants to live her life. It focuses on her discovering the value in life and finding toe-curling love in the process. It's
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 05, 2015 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 Welcome to the CLUB Stars

I’m a major Kim Karr fan. I’ve read all of her books in the Connection series so when I found out she wrote a standalone, complete outside of the Connection series, well I was all over that.

I’m also starting to love suspenseful novels. There’s something about being kept on my toes and trying to figure out what’s going on that just makes me devour books like mad.

Zoey’s family is cursed. A lot of people in her family have died at the age of 27. She lives her life very ca
-C-
Mar 05, 2015 -C- rated it really liked it
This book was so beautiful and touching.
I'm surprised how well can Kim Karr to convey grief and sadness in that respect. You feel it yourself. Although this character (Zach) who has ded is not familiar to us. At the beginning of the book Zach description was minimal.
“They say the dead don’t speak. They say the dead will never leave you. They say a lot of things about the dead. What they don’t tell you is what you’re supposed to do when they weren’t who you thought they were.”

Zoey and Nate
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Rating: 3.5 - 4 Stars

"Destiny - that hidden power that controls fate. Even though it's a path I don't want to be on, I'm not certain I can stray from it.

It owns me - I don't own it."

Zoey Flowers is a woman who never really believed in fate or destiny until she unexpectedly lost her brother Zachary in a tragic accident. Lost, consumed with grief, and paralyzed by the fear of her own uncertain fate, Zoey is unable to move forward with her life and truly live her life to the fullest.

There were so m
Michelle
Mar 04, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
ARC provided by publisher in exchange of honest review

[image error]

DESTINY. noun des·ti·ny \ˈdes-tə-nē\
: what happens in the future : the things that someone or something will experience in the future
: a power that is believed to control what happens in the future

Do you believe in DESTINY? FATE? Some believe in destiny, some believe in fate, but I believe in creating your own happiness and living life the way you want. If we are looking at the big picture, we are all destined to die since it’
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Review can be found HERE

Posted for blog tour
Chris- Bookaddict
Mar 10, 2015 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
PHENOMENAL!!!!! Full review to come when released. I will say this One click this Bad boy when it is released!!!!!!

I am a huge fan of Kim and her writing. I have read every single one of her books to date. When I found out she was going to be doing a new standalone I was excited to see what she was going to give us.

Zoey’s family is cursed. Every member of her family has died at the age of 27. After the death of her brother Zach she heads to his house to pack up his things. When she arrives she
Nancy's Romance Reads
Mar 11, 2015 Nancy's Romance Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 INTRIGUING-HOT STARS!

description

This standalone really surprised me. It is a romance story, a very hot one indeed, but it's not your typical fall-in-love-easy kind of romance. This story is mysterious and a little dark and it is that darkness that brings the characters together in some unconventional yet intriguing ways.

“Destiny—that hidden power that controls fate. Even though it’s a path I don’t want to be on, I’m not certain I can stray from it. It owns me—I don’t own it.”

Yes, destiny and forces out
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 01, 2014 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Whoa!! This blurb is so intriguing!!!

You don’t know when...
You don’t get to choose if…
When it’s time to join, you’ll know.

The 27 Club only admits those who die young and tragically. My brother was recently bestowed membership and joined many of our ancestors before him. I know I’m
Bj
Oct 04, 2015 Bj rated it really liked it
4 "Create Your Own Destiny" Stars! Being a lover of unique and twisty suspense or mystery filled romances, I took one look at the blurb for The 27 Club, and I just knew I had to read it. Interestingly, although different in some ways from what I was expecting, I still found it appealing in its own way, and ultimately thought provoking which is one of the characteristics that I look for in a good read. To that effect, whether you believe in destiny/fate, or are convinced that life is what you mak ...more
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
ARC received from author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

4 Stars

I am a HUGE Kim Karr fan and was thrilled when first hearing about her new suspense filled romance standalone. I love when authors take risks and gift their fans new and exciting stories. I had feeling it would be nail bitingly edgy and I needed to get my hands on it ASAP. The 27 Club is a drama filled read with countless mysteries and several plot twists. It is a departure from her norm, but no less attention grabbin
Christie«SHBBblogger»
Apr 27, 2015 Christie«SHBBblogger» rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I was very excited when I saw the blurb for this book. The title alone captured me immediately. Knowing that the author had been inspired by the real life 27 Club, I naturally assumed that this book would be more of a mystery-suspense type of story. The true 27 Club is a list of almost 50 musicians who all died coincidentally at the same age of 27. This list includes well known artists such as Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Kobain, Amy Winehouse, and many more. Conspiracy theories have been bo ...more
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

(I wasn't so sure about my stars... 4 or 5 - but because I love Nate & Zoey so much - I just had to give 5 stars!)

Zoey just lost her brother Zachary - Z. He died at the young age of 27. And he's not the first one in their family history to die at that exact age. Their mom, grandfather and a few other people, a few generations back, also died at the age of 27. And now Zoey just can't handle her life anymore because she's so afraid to die. She's afraid the family curse will kill her very soon
Mo (The Scarlet Siren)
DNF @ 56%

I just couldn't get into this book. The storyline wasn't grabbing me, and there was not enough development by this point to hold my interest.

I know that many have enjoyed this one, and I may go back and finish in the future, but at this time, this book just wasn't for me.
Mary Tatar
Mar 04, 2015 Mary Tatar rated it it was amazing
The 27 Club is another fantastic book from Kim Karr. In the author's true fashion, we are given an intriguing and highly emotional story. One of those books that stayed with me long after I finished reading. A It was filled with mystery, unanswered questions, and need. I felt every bit of this story right down to my toes.

Zoe's brother has recently passed away, and she goes to Miami to settle his affairs. She discovers that basically everything she thought she knew was a lie. She meets Nate her b
Merve  Özcan
Mar 12, 2015 Merve Özcan rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Ay bu kadar salak bir kitap zor. Kız Usagi'den daha çok ağlayan Drama Queen'in teki. Ruhumu emdi. Oğlan ondan daha da berbat. Ortada bir gizem var ama daha evden çıkmayı beceremediler gibi bir şey. Almayın elinize yahu.
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*Complimentary ARC received from the author*

3.5

This is a first Kim Karr read and for me and I think I’m pleased enough with it.

I must say, it was a weird feeling reading the prologue. The dialogues felt a little stilted and I was wondering if the rest of the story will feel like that. Then when I got to the first chapter, ah shucks, I almost felt guilty for even thinking that, just knowing what happened. Yes, weird! I meant, yes, I know, I’m weird…

It’s quite an emotional story, not quite what
Rebecca
Mar 10, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Dylan Thomas said it best ~

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Death is not a topic that too many people freely discuss. It’s morbid and scary. But it’s reality. Regardless of the fact that death will come for everyone at some point, it’s up to each and every person to decide what they are going to do with the time they are given, even if it’s way shorter than they were hoping.

Zoey Flowers and Nate Hanson, t
Brit
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog by the lovely author and publisher for an honest review.

Thank you, so very much.

Before Review:
I'm so freaking stroked to get my hands on this book, really any Kim Karr novel to be honest with you. I've been following this book for awhile and Can't wait to devour it. I've been in love with Kim Karr's writing ever since I've read her debut novel Connected. So I'm so totally fan-girling at the moment.

Title: The 27 Club
Author: Kim Karr
Pages: 447
Genre:
Melissa
Mar 01, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The 27 Club was nothing like what I expected from the blurb or the cover. What started off a little mysterious in the beginning and at times had me wondering which way the story was headed, finished with a flawless ending. I didn't want to let these characters go.

This story begs the question - do we have control of our own destiny, or will life end at some predetermined time? Zoey recently lost her 27-year-old brother, Zack, and she fears the same fate awaits her. Death any day, now that she's
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 11, 2015 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, net-galley
Brilliant storyline with a unique storyline.

Zoey lives in fear of death now that she's 27. Why? Well a lot of her family members have died at that age, including her brother. When she goes to her deceased brothers house she meets Nate his best friend. Zoey believes in destiny. Nate believes in taking the bull by the horn and enjoying life. I really liked these characters and loved that the author portrayed them so real.

This is a brilliant romantic story with great suspense running through it.
R. Holmes
Mar 05, 2015 R. Holmes rated it it was amazing
Okay, I really really enjoyed this! After reading a few reviews I didn't think I would care for it but because I loved her other books I gave it a shot. I loved it!

I adore Nate's character. He is sweet, attentive and yet he's alpha and yumm. It's the perfect combination. He immediately is drawn to her even though he knows he "shouldn't" be. I loved the chemistry between them both, even when he was trying to deny what he felt for her. I also find it's rare in a book (view spoiler)
Maree
Dec 13, 2015 Maree rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing, phenomenal story I read today. Such a brilliant book from a favourite author, Kim Karr. This book centres on the character Zoe Flowers. She has been told from the other family member of her family curse. That once you get to 27 years of age you will die. It actually happens to many members of her family. Only lately she finds out her brother Zach died at 27.

Whilst visiting where Zach lived she uses her time to figure out more of his life and what will eventually happen to he
Blushing Reader
Mar 04, 2015 Blushing Reader rated it really liked it
Kim Karr 's The 27 Club is different. It takes a subject that most of us don't like thinking about, our morality, and turns it into a story that leaves us feeling the need to make each day full of living life to the fullest! I signed up to read this book based solely on the fact that I loved Kim Karr's Connection series and her writing. I don't remember reading the synopsis until I picked up the book to start reading. (Kim is an auto read author for me). After reading the synopsis, I knew I was ...more
Romazing Reader
Apr 29, 2016 Romazing Reader rated it really liked it
I think I've just been punched right in the heart! Wow! So emotional!
I pretty much cried all kinds of tears all the way through! The whole book is in Zoey's POV and her struggles to discover the meaning of her life, accept her fate with The 27 Club, or explore a new way to create her own destiny, was just beautiful! Zoey's love for her brother and her quest to connect to him again was so moving and wonderful. Then Zoey's 'one summer of fun' with the controlling, gorgeous and mysterious Nate Han
  • Leveling the Field (Gamers #4)
  • There You Stand (Between Breaths, #5)
  • Brave Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous, #3)
  • Courtship of the Cake (Much "I Do" About Nothing, #2)
  • My Hunger (Inside Out, #3.4)
  • A Desperate Man: Volume 2 (A Desperate Man, #2)
  • Captive (Captive #1)
  • Miles from Kara (Charleston Haven, #2)
  • Playing with Seduction (The Players Club, #3)
  • Merrick
  • Tank (Savage Saints MC, #2)
  • Dare to Seduce (NY Dares, #3)
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Something Wicked
Please feel free to check out my author page on facebook.

You may also contact me at AuthorKimKarr@gmail.com

I live in Florida with my husband and four kids. I've always had a love for reading books and writing. Being an English major in college, I wanted to teach at the college level but that was not to be. I went on to receive an MBA and became a project man
More about Kim Karr...

“There’s nothing to see through. Feel this.” His lips skim down my neck. “This is me.” He presses his body to mine. “All of me.” His voice is low and seductive.” 2 likes
“I need you next to me when I wake up in the morning and lying beside me when I fall asleep at night. I need you like the air I breathe.” 1 likes