Start by marking “Interference” as Want to Read:
Interference

Interference

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  487 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
The last thing Jordan Marshall wants is a relationship, especially with someone like Taylor Becks, the star player from a rival roller hockey team. Taylor doesn’t talk – to anyone. When Jordan’s curiosity about the athlete overpowers her predisposition to being guarded, the two strike up an unlikely romance. In the midst of desolation left by being disowned and forbidden f ...more
Published (first published September 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Interference, please sign up.
Zoe Reed Hi, James! I apologize for the huge delay in answering your question, I'm still learning how to work goodreads as an author...

I wasn't planning on…more

I wasn't planning on writing an official sequel to Interference, but I've created a page over on Patreon, where readers can request any kind of prompts they'd like. You have to be a patron to read some of the prompts, but here are a couple links to some you can read for free!

Megzz
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
3 days. 3 days of sheer bliss. Oh the joys of being unemployed and being able to spend days and nights reading awesome awesome AWESOME stories about women in love!!!

Interference is not a slow story, it's just a long story, and I enjoyed every sentence, every word, every syllable.
And I can't imagine anyone that loves romance to not feel the same way about this book.

I was really surprised by the storyline, I expected a coming of age kind of thing with teenagers crushing on other teenagers and a l
Les Read
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a Gen-Xer or Millennial who spent your teenage years in Culver City, CA, you know the hot spot on Friday night was the Culver City Ice Arena. I remember skating at the rink with friends while listening to US3’s “Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)” blaring on the speakers and chasing after one boy, or two boys, or three. I was such a teenage hussy. I met too many boyfriends (that I’m embarrassed to admit) on that block of ice. I miss those days. Except playing the “boy-crazy” part. Now, I’m just ...more
Rebecca
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow.
I can't really put into words how good this story is! I'm gonna have to come back to this...
Pin
This is a very good new adult book with a very nice cast of characters. The book is a lengthy one (199,965 words according to Marvin eReader for iPad), and in my opinion possibly too lengthy. I liked how the author slowly developed a tender love story between the main characters, but with that many words the pace is too slow in places. Nevertheless, this is a lovely book, full of feeling and worth reading.
Stephanie
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this because I loved Breaking Legacies. I loved everything about it. This was not that...unfortunately. In the end I enjoyed the book. But it was very slow moving. There was so much hockey in the first 1/3 of this book, I almost gave up.
I gave it 3.5 stars rounded up.
Jenna
I don't write a lot of reviews, and I usually save them for 5-star books (because I love them so much) and 1 or 2-star books (because I feel I owe the author an explanation). Interference has stuck with me for a month now, though, and it keeps flitting through my mind while I'm reading other books which deal with storylines similar to Jordan's.

Before I get to the strong points of the book, there are two reasons I gave the book four stars instead of five:

1) The denouement, despite being long, di
Penny
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hmm, I'm torn between 3.5 or 4 stars.

The story is about Jordan and Taylor, two girls in their early twenties, both damaged, with traumatic pasts. The romance between them is quite cute and develops at the right pace - no premature "OMG I love you let's get married live happily ever after". I mean, the book has almost 500 pages! There's more than enough pages to properly develop the characters and the relationship between them. And in this regard Zoe Reed did very well! The romance is simply deli
Fia
Nov 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the book. I did. And I didn't even mind that it was so long.

But.

I didn't care about the whole roller hockey stuff. I know it was important, because that's how they met and how they got closer, but I'm not a sport fan. I don't care about sport and there was just too much of it. I gotta admit, I mostly skipped the parts.

Another thing... I think Jordan's ex was a bit too much psycho. It didn't even feel real.

Now let's talk about Jordan. I get that she had real issues. A lot of them. And t
Catherine
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Like some others that have reviewed this book I was reluctant to read due to the length. I personally find books this length can be hit or miss. I can't believe I waiting so long because I am so in love with this book! Jordan and Taylor are my comfort couple that I became accustom to reading about over the last 3 days. I thought the author did a fantastic job with the two characters who had so much hurt to work through and I wouldn't change a thing!

I think this will definitely be a re-read when
Bobbi
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ff, sports
This was a touching, heartbreaking, heartwarming book about two broken young women coming together to help each other heal. Throw in some floor hockey and a good supporting cast of characters and this was an excellent read. It touches on many issues like forgiveness, reconciliation, cancer, family, love, and abuse. Taylor and Jordan were very cute together and it was fun watching Taylor come out of her shell.
~ * K E L L I E * ~
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
Why did I wait soooooo long to read this book? Oh, probably because of its length! Well, silly me! I've had Interference on my Kindle for over a year yet never got around to reading it until now... and, what a journey it was!

As others have mentioned, it's a loooooong book and there's a lot of roller hockey references to digest. Let's face it, a good portion of the book is based at the hockey rink. I personally love sports theme books, therefore, quite enjoyed all the hockey bits and pieces.

There
Heinerway
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, sports
Nice, but sooo slow... and long...
Amanda Ramos
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's funny how we grow attached to the characters from the books we read, some more than others, of course. I've read about 5 f/f books over the year and it's good to say that it's kind of awesome to keep remembering their plots and favorites moments and that amazing or unique line. Interference is one of those books where we want to keep its characters vivids in the back of our minds.

The relationships around the main character, Jordan, were all beautifully made. There's a lot of fluff a lot of
Lo
this might come as a surprise but this is....... a POSITIVE review!!!! that's right! we aren't really used to those around here but everything happens!!!!

first of all let me start by saying i don't know why these girls had to go through so much pain and sadness in their lives because :( :( :( :( but i am willing to let it go for the sake of HAPPINESS!!!!! i just spoiled the entire book for you but yeah this ends HAPPILY!! and not the kind of weird fake happy either!!!! i'm also willing to ignore
curlscentric
💖💖💖💖💖 (5/5)

Before reading this book, I'd read one negative review (which was lazy research on my part) that emphasized how heavy the abuse in it was. Let it be known that I'm someone who normally tries to avoid that and goes for more lighthearted reads when it comes to romances. So even though it was recommended to me and I frequently came across it in reading lists, I avoided it for (kind of) a long time. After seeing it so much I considered buying it, since I figured I didn't really have anyth
Shane Alice Beaudry
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt-loves
Ive now read all 3 of zoe's books and this one did not disappoint. I love the story about Jordon and Taylor it was a beautiful story about healing and knowing who you are and how to love. I will admit that why Jordon was the one talking in the story Taylor was my favorite. She learned to grow into herself with Jordon she became more forward and less shy. I wish this was a series. I love all the couples in Zoe's books. Jordan and Taylor, Camille and Kyla!!!
Bruna Accioly
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
100 PALAVRAS
Tinything
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Damn! After Broken Legacies and now this! Even though i still love Broken Legacies, but this book is still great! I love how both leads slowly develop there relationship, support each other, understanding and always by each other side. I really love Taylor she is such a great and strong character T_T
I love how Jodan’s mother come to realised how she had been to her own daughter. Even though i have to be honest, at the first of the book it took quite a while for me to get really into it but towa
Carly
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Hmm...I liked reading this book and the two main characters are likeable and well fleshed out and you can totally understand where they're coming from. However I found myself skim reading through some of the hockey games as I don't understand hockey and it didn't make it any clearer. I also found myself bored through the middle of the story. It's a tough one to review as I also felt the story needed to be that little bit long as you don't just get over your fears once you meet the one you love, ...more
Lynn
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
Zoe Reed is an amazing author. Between her book Interference and Breaking Legacies, though they have drastically different storylines, they were both well written.
A relatively long book and honestly, when I first started the book, I didn't think it could sustain my interest throughout, but it did. A story of two people who come together, healing each other and learning to love again. A beautiful story even with all the arguments and fight the characters had with each other.
An enjoyable read tha
Cindy
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I realized barely three chapters in that this is one of those books that is impossible to put down. Even though it quickly made itself a home on my top 5 list of F/F fiction, it took me about a week to finish this because I didn't want the story to end and had to pace myself. As someone who knows next to nothing about hockey, I can safely say this book is so much more than that. Jordan and Taylor will be ingrained in my memory for a long time so hopefully there will be a sequel.
Michele
Let me start by saying that I do like this author. Her novels are genuinely good hearted books. However I feel like she stretches these stories out way too much. Like she feels that if the book is not 400 pages it's not really considered a book. You can also see all the "twists" coming a mile away. But for those who like their syrup thick, this is definitely the book and author for you. And frankly I like my syrup thick too sometimes.
Jess Heyle
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure about the book at the beginning. It was a bit slow to start so I was worried it would be boring throughout, but I was so wrong! So much happened in this book that it's so much more than a love story. It's relatable, interesting and intense. Well worth the read!
Arn
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesbian-romance
A solid 4.5. Loved the main character growth as well as the developed secondary characters. Everything had it's purpose in the story and while the tragedies the girls deal with might be a bit too much, some people just get fucked over by life so I can suspend my disbelief.

Genuinely emotional journey with a satisfying ending.
Shelby
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another one of Zoe reed's books that I just couldn't put down. I hope she writes more books. I hope she writes a lot more books.
Tony
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing, rarely I smiled and cried and had my heart full of tenderness, curiosity, passion to follow the characters evolution and I can say Zoe wrote a realistic and intriguing book.
This is the kind of love we should read more often, a example of "true love", first the one we should find in ourselves and if we're lucky enough, in someone else.
Ana Rose
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book for the second time and it still blowss me away...the characters and the struggles they face are the stand out points of this amazing read.

I stumbled on this novel on my ever-present search for new lesfic and became excited when I read what it was about. I don't really play sports but for some reason I have a hidden love for books that use sport as a means of connection to characters and place. Reed does this superbly through the informed, yet subtle way she writes abou
kris
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-other, other
Well, I'm not great with reviews... but as soon as I finished this book, I started to absent-mindedly re-read it. And I'm already half way through again. 10/10 would recommend.
Nadia
I absolutely loved this book, it's not often that I find a lesbian romance that is about the romance rather than the sex. This romance is quiet, and it's a journey. Some people complained in the review about these girls having a traumatic past, for me that didn't take away from it. I understand that nowadays trauma is used as a trope, but in this book I felt like these two characters understood each other on another level because of all of the things that they went through, that's why they were ...more
  • The Blind Side of Love
  • The Moment
  • Dating Sarah Cooper
  • Just Three Words (Soho Loft, #2)
  • An Unstill Life
  • Parties in Congress
  • Beautiful Game
  • Because of Her
  • Give Me a Reason
  • One-Off
  • Conflict of Interest (Portland Police Bureau, #1)
  • Seven Minutes In Heaven
  • A Story of Now (A Story of Now, #1)
  • Ambereye (Garoul, #2)
  • Tropical Storm (Dar and Kerry, #1)
  • Don't Go There
  • Dirty London

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be