Start by marking “I Take This Man” as Want to Read:
I Take This Man

I Take This Man

Here comes the bride . . . there goes the groom.

Penny Bracket waited two years to marry dream man Bram Shiraz. Then on the morning of the Big Day, while she's trying on her veil, Penny receives the worst two-line letter of her life: "Penny, I can't go through with it. Sorry, Bram."

Penny's hurt and upset. But Esther, Penny's divorced mom, wants Bram's head on a platter. So
Published March 27th 2007 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about I Take This Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Take This Man

Sabra
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I love this book, read it in a couple of days while doing lots of traveling. There were a lot of twists and turns in the plot which kept it interesting but it was still a nice easy-read. Some sex scenes in it so if your're not in to that sort of reading it won't be for you. I found the book very funny and it managed to make me laugh out loud at some points.

I really enjoyed the storyline as it's based on a mother and daughter relationship and as I have a really strong with my own mother I could
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: swapped
I've read and enjoyed Valerie Frankel's books in the past, but was disappointed with this one. Very contrived and over the top. Almost like the author was trying TOO hard to be funny. I kept reading thinking it would get better, but it didn't. If you like your books realistic, this is not the book for you. But if you like your chick lit fluffy, give it a whirl.[return[returnAnd the numerous typos were very distracting - didn't anyone proofread this book after it was sent through spell-check?
Rachel Jenkins
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book was a little too dirty for me. While I liked the concept and the idea of the story, the execution was a little disappointing.
Jessica
Jan 12, 2009 rated it did not like it
Pretty awful
Reshma
Nov 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book is really boring, I was expecting lot more from the title of the book. It seemed very interesting in the starting and then it turned out to be disaster. it was too dirty, felt like to leave in half way but the i wont like it either so continued and finished in few days.The plot was interesting but the story took very unwanted turn and it was in bearable to read it with such a turn in story. Not recommend.
Lisa
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a fun, far-fetched read. Stuff and nonsense with some rather raunchy stuff that I was not expecting or tbh needing to read.
K McBride
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story line wasn't a bit believable, but I liked the characters, i enjoyed the story, I laughed out loud several times and most importantly I loved the end!
Angie Fehl
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This story opens on the wedding day of Jersey girl Penny, 23. Moments before she's supposed to take her first steps toward the altar, one of her fiancee's groomsmen comes in with a note from Bram, the groom, that basically just says "Can't do it, sorry." Penny goes into such a state of shock that all she can do is comment on the quality of the stationery. Mother of the bride doesn't take the news so lightly. She thinks of the two years her daughter has spent with this man, the $75,000 tab wracke ...more
Krystal
Jun 01, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
This book I thought was an original idea...its what every woman would want her mother to do, if she herself couldn't. Kidnap the run-away groom and force feed him the wedding dinner and cake....all in the quest to find out why?
Sandy Later
Aug 24, 2010 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the plot twists in this book! But I can't say it is one that I would read it again!
Tracy
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I feel like If this happened to my daughter I would sooooo be the brides mother!
Feb 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Funny quick read!
Lisa
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun read
Megan
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was hilarious! I wasn't thrilled with the ending, but that's just personal preference. From beginning to end, it was constantly funny and a little weird. Definitely a fun read.
Jenny
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
For sure not one of her best books... quite slow and not engaging.
Tonya
Jun 08, 2008 rated it did not like it
I just didn't get this book. Way too far fetched for my liking.
Joy
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lots of plot twists, funny
Cyndi
Sep 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
I've read and enjoyed many of her other titles but this one was just disappointing. Didn't enjoy the plot or characters. Skip it and read one of her other books, instead.
Fitz Amy
Valerie Frankel books are usually funny with a little bit pf raunchiness.
If you are into short chicklits, you should read her books.
Julie
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it
It was a laugh out loud, light, fast read. Story line ridiculous, but still entertaining.
Noel
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Pretty light reading
Colleen
May 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Entertaining - gets funnier at the end
Courtney
Jan 16, 2011 rated it liked it
It was a pretty funny story with a few great one-liners. I don't know that I'll remember it a few years down the road, but it was fun while it lasted.
Susan King
my boyfriend actually picked this out for me. It was super cute.
Kirsten Reburn
Jul 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Love this book! Lots of twists and turns. The mom acts exactly how most of us would if our daughters were left at the altar! Quick read.
Freddywentworth

• Accidentally Engaged
  • Falling Out of Fashion
  • Testing Kate
  • The Chalet Girl
  • Does She or Doesn't She?
  • Improper Relations (Lord Shad, #1)
  • How to Sleep with a Movie Star
  • In One Year and Out the Other: A New Year's Story Collection
She's written twenty books (e.g., The Accidental Virgin and The Girlfriend Curse), and contributed to dozens of publications including the New York Times, Self, Allure, Glamour, Parenting and Good Housekeeping. Her memoir, Thin Is the New Happy, about overcoming bad body image after 30 years of dieting and self-loathing, was recently described as "Rueful, zestful and surprisingly funny," by the Ne ...more