Start by marking “Night Walker (Undeadly Secrets, #1)” as Want to Read:
Night Walker (Undeadly Secrets, #1)

Read Book

Night Walker (Undeadly Secrets #1)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
A young woman named Alexandra "Alex" Hensley discovers Sydney is hiding a very dark secret, a revelation that will challenge all she knows and endanger all she loves. Sinister forces, charged with keeping the secret for over two hundred years discover her knowledge and set out to fulfill their duty.
The truth will not set you free.
Published December 22nd 2015 by Aaron L Speer (first published September 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Night Walker, please sign up.

Aaron Speer Hi Amy, firstly, thanks for the question.
Hi Amy, firstly, thanks for the question.
No I'm happy to say it is the first book of the Undeadly Secrets series. I'm currently editing the sequel Day Dreamer :-)(less)

Sally906

Alex is the main character and her life changes when she discovers that night walkers aka vampires do exist. Not only exist but are living in Sydney! Alex is a respectable school teacher with a long-time boyfriend, Matt; their relationship is a bit stale at the moment and Alex isn’t happy. She shares a flat with the original party girl, Lauren, who flits from man to man without a care. Right now what Lauren wants Dante, a very handsome man who owns a nightclub called T.

A night out at T doesn’t
Ryan
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: australiano
The Good:
I haven't read any vampire books before this, however I've seen a few of the movies, and there are some fresh ideas in here. The 'world building' (such as it is for a story set in an alternate present day) is interesting, and it takes place in my hometown, Sydney. The story is also well paced.

The Bad:
There is some very clunky prose in this book, especially the dialogue. There are also more than a few mistakes missed by the editor.

'Friends' character the protagonist is most like:
Alex is
Lucy
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Words We Love By
Night Walker by Aaron Speer is fascinating dramatic story of power, loyalty and revenge. Set in Sydney, Australia, Night Walker tells the story of Dante an vampire who seeks to walk a different path than the rest of the members of his coven. For this choice he has been shunned. Yet, he has the courage of his convictions and would rather die than see humans harmed by the blood lust that is so prevalent among his vampire brethren.

Alexandra is a young woman whose life is in a stage
Ruty  B
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires, paranormal, 2015
*** IMPORTANT: The book will be free on Amazon during 5 days since the 12th of April. ***

Just when I thought I had read every good book about vampires Night Walker comes in and proves me wrong. If you are looking for a fast passing, ingenious, smart, funny and well written book this one is a great choice. And if you are a vampire lover like me, trust me! you have to read this one.

Alex is a young woman whose life is turned upside down when she finds out that night creatures are real. She is a lik
Jenn Hype
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book? I don't generally take the time to write a review of a book unless I really feel the need to share my opinion, and in this case I do.

I went into this book with the misconception of it being a romance. (Thanks to all the fangirls who lust over Dante on a daily basis.) While no, I did not feel that this book contained any "romance", there was a deeper meaning behind the persons in this book. Mr. Speer takes you on a journey of humanity, self sacrifice and the ups an
Paul Morabito
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great Story. Liked the beginning with a little bit of background that introduces the reader to what's transpiring. Love the character development and the bond or not so much of a bond between the three main friends. Was interesting to see how they dealt with their current situation upon realizing what actually exists in the underground world of Sydney, Australia. Makes you wonder what kind of people we actually come across in our daily lives without knowing. The characters actually speak and act ...more
Suzie
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, australian
I rate this book 3 1/2 stars. An entertaining, erotic vampire romp through Sydney. I always get a kick out of recognising places and being able to laugh at the “in-jokes” in a novel, which is one of the things I really enjoyed about Night Walker. I laughed out loud quite a few times from the description, the altered interpretation of some Australian history(!), the slang, and the little in-jokes, such as “VB - Vincent’s Bitter”

I don’t read much vampire stuff, but I enjoyed the details and myths
Lela Eder
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Read!!

I found Aaron and his books during a Facebook party. He's books intrigued me because they weren't the typical vampire books but actually seem to get back to the old school vampire as seen in the lost boys movie. Night walker was a roller coaster that kept you on your toes and always wondering and guessing what it all was about and what was going to happen next. Such a good book!! Highly recommend! <3 ~Lela
Jay Logan
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Although I don't usually read vampire stories I thoroughly enjoyed this one. An erotic and exciting tale about Vampires in Australia.

Certainly not your typical vampire story,which is exactly why I liked it so much!

Couldn't put it down.
Lisa Marie / Words We Love By
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm normally not big on paranormal reads. I used to read them constantly and I think that I overdosed on them. Luckily for me, I dipped back into the para-ocean with Night Walker, a stylish re-telling of the nosferatu storyline with a good set of characters. Spinning out Australian, Eastern European and Celtic mythology, Speer has offered up a new twist on an old favorite.

Aaron's lead, Alexandra, is a young woman who has had tragedy in her life. Loosing both of her parents, one to cancer one to
Kerry
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book.

This book is a definite keep you up all nighter just to see what happens kinda book. The book description doesn't nearly touch how intriguing this book really is. Very good read.
Nihcki
Awesome Australian vampire saga begins...

4 and 3/4 stars, 1/4 lost only for typos and not enough ...adult interactions (IMO, of course)

Let me preface this by saying that I finished this awesome story a few days ago, very wound up in excitement for the next book in Mr. Speer's Undeadly Secrets series. I'd wanted to settle myself, and my thoughts, before writing my review. I'd wanted my review to be concise, not overly "fan-girlish", and detailed enough to encourage people to read the book yet not
Heather
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Alex and Lauren are two single women sharing an apartment. Alex is a school teacher with a steady boyfriend of three years. While she's responsible during the day she loves to have fun at night. Her roommate, Lauren, is a crazy party girl who loves to go out and have fun. When she has her mind set on a man, she gets what she wants. What she wants now is Dante.

Dante isn't like anyone the girls have ever met. He's handsome, he's polite, he's sexy, and he owns the hottest club in Sydney. From the b
Jessica
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kate McDonough
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Night Walker by Aaaron L Speer is not your average Vampire story.

If you are looking for moody, angst filled, pale glittery man-boys with a wishy-washy, gullible, push-over, hair flicking leading lady then this is NOT the book for you.

Night walker is set in Sydney Australia and as an Aussie I love the fact that I know exactly where they are. That being said, if you are not familiar with Sydney don’t worry the imagery in this story is so well written that you won’t have any problems picturing eve
Bridgett Brown
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best Vampire books I have read in a long time. It has Graphic sex, violence, and a hot vampire. What more can you ask for.
Holy Hell I couldn't stop reading this book. I loved everything about it.
The Story:
This book is set in Australia, we learn a bit about Australian history before we get into the story. We meet Alex, her best friend Lauren, and Alex's boyfriend Matt. Alex has had a rough life, her dad died when she was 2, and her mom lost her mind. So Alex was raised by he
Michele Gantz
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg
#####5 Hashtags#####

Let's just get this off the bat... Aaron Speer leaves you wanting so much more!!! Ugh... congratulations on hooking me and making me need more Dante and Alex.

This is an extremely well written story that explores this world Aaron has created. The character development within the story is very strong, allowing the reader to develop along with each character, plus tons of tension (sexual and otherwise) and suspense to keep you turning the pages desperate to know what is going o
Thai Holman
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very interesting read with darker elements. I loved the fact that it bought back classic vampire themes and the characters where very enjoyable. Alex was by far my favorite. This was very enjoyable a must for paranormal vampire fans. Especially fans who love classics and miss the style of them. Because this that style. This is a series, and I look forward to reading book 2 to see where this goes from here.
Michelle
May 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointing
1.5-2 stars

Unfortunately, this was just not for me.

My biggest issue was the amount of telling instead of showing. Several times Alex is given a ton of information by Michelle.. about the vampire world, and about Dante. It was like most of the books action came thru what Michelle shared.

Also.. you're telling me.. than an ancient assassin vampire could not find Alex? There was no name changing, her father a pastor so she belonged to his parish, she was given a birth certificate, there were (I'm
Gemma
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't read many stories that involve supernatural creatures in it and only really do when something about the blurb captures my attention. Night walker was one of them stories that really capture my attention and I found the as soon as I started reading it I was instantly captivated by the story. Aaron L.Speer done an amazing job bringing this story to life and I found hat I could easily picture what was happening in the story in my head.

The main character of the story Alex has had a rough li
Serena Worker
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this books with some hot vampires and twists and turns. There’s the mysterious sexy Dante, and three friends, Alex, Lauren and Matt.
You get the history of when the convicts arrive at Botany Bay and have been affected by disease, although ordered to bury them at sea one woman is buried on land. While also some tales from various people which gives, you some clues as to what Dante is.
Lauren thinks Dante is super-hot, Matt is suspicious of the way he acts around he’s girlfriend Alex, and but
Kimberly Ann
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Read ❤ Night Walker

100% LOVED this book❤
Aaron brings a whole new outlook on vampire tales! If you're looking for the regular glitter fairy tail BS, this is not the book for you. Night Walker is filled with unexpected twists and turns, action, suspense, intrigue, love, and much more. Aaron has gone and mixed Australian history and present day PERFECTLY! Dante and Alex are everything you'd want in leading characters, and Michelle just helps them knock it out of the park. I was hanging on eve
Leah
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin? ....

Here is a debut novel with bite.... Intrigue, power struggles, betrayal, love and lust can all be found within these pages.
Ordinarily when I write a review, I like to do it almost immediately, while everything is fresh in my mind and my emotions, whatever they may be, are still raw. I don't know if it's because I read this book in a way that is unusual for me ie: We read it as part of a read-along and discussed our thoughts and feelings as we went, a few chapters at
Brianna West
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Night Walker is a book that offers an interesting, Australian spin on the vampires among us. Once hooked, you'll have a difficult time putting it down. Speer baits you, then hooks you, never letting you go. Not even to the very end. While it wasn't my typical read, it didn't disappoint. If you enjoy paranormal thrillers, vampires and Australian history, or if you're just looking for an intriguing read, look no further.
Katie Ruth
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first "Australian vampire" book and it contained all the right elements to keep me turning the pages- historical basis, traditional vampires in a totally new setting, sassy females, clubs, sex, dark rituals and a tongue-in-cheek humour to carry the story along. I, like some other reviewers, was totally waiting for Alex to get it on with Dante...and that almost, maybe, might not was frustrating- but the kind of frustrating that will definitely have me downloading book 2 to find out wh ...more
Lori Hammons
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love paranormal stories and this series is going to be right up there in my top favorites. Alex's story has some twists and turns that provide for intrigue in this story. This story is full of suspense and action. I recommend this author to paranormal enthusiasts.
Randi Jo
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal!

Seriously the best book I have read in a long time. With few exceptions. I'm not in vampires and things like that but this was a great read. As I have questions now bc I felt like there was a cliff hanger
Karen Bennett
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vampires Down Under

If there are Vampires in Australia then get me a ticket! Dante is a sexy vampire with a code of ethics. Not to kill the food! Most vampires are not of the same thinking. Aaron Speer has a winning series here ❤
Kelly
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to Come
Shari Kay
Apr 08, 2017 marked it as maybe-maybe-not
not sure...safety checks, sadness checks needed.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
PNR/UF Addicts & ...: Night Walker 27 125 Mar 12, 2016 03:10PM
Aussie Readers: Night Walker - An Australian Vampire Novel 57 91 Mar 12, 2016 03:09PM
  • The Spider Goddess (Pandora English, #2)
  • Twiceborn (The Proving #1)
  • A Small Madness
  • Season of Shadow and Light
  • The Glass
  • Accusation
  • Cherish the Light: One Woman's Journey from Darkness to Light
  • Before This Is Over
  • Unbowed
  • No Bull Beauty: Cutting Through the Crap:  A No-Nonsense Guide to Holistic Beauty and Wellness
  • Secrets in Time
  • From There To Here: A Novel of Discovery
  • Sleight Malice
  • Hope Is Within Reach: Overcoming the Challenges of Autism Spectrum Disorder
  • Lazar's Mission (Jack Lazar Series, #3)
  • Resorting to Murder (Darcy Sweet, #11)
  • Lethal Inheritance (The Diamond Peak Series, #1)
  • Matadora
I've been writing since I was around 11, and have rarely been seen without staring off into the distance or with a pen in my hand ever since.

Whatever my genre I happen to be writing at the time, I am passionate about bringing this beautiful country I live in, Australia, to light. (Hint hint...even if that includes epic fantasy and vampires)

2014 saw the release of Night Walker, book 1 of the Undead
More about Aaron L. Speer...

Undeadly Secrets (3 books)
  • Day Dreamer (Undeadly Secrets, #2)
  • Shadow Chaser  (Undeadly Secrets, #3)