Start by marking “Like There's No Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
Like There's No Tomorrow

Read Book* *Different edition

Like There's No Tomorrow

What if loving means letting go? Scottish widower Ian MacLean is plagued by a mischievous grannie, bitter regrets, and an ache for something he'll never have again. His only hope for freedom is to bring his grannie's sister home from America. But first, he'll have to convince her young companion, Emily Chapman, to let the woman go. Emily devotes herself to foster youth and ...more
Published September 30th 2014 by Ashberry Lane

To ask other readers questions about Like There's No Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like There's No Tomorrow

Start your review of Like There's No Tomorrow
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I giggled. (a lot)

I cried. (a little)

I swooned. (a little) … (yeah. ok. a lot)

In short, I fell in love. With the book. With the characters. With the settings. And especially with the message of letting go – of fear, bitterness, and burdens we were never meant to carry.

Let’s talk about the characters for a moment. We’ll get to Ian and Emily in a bit, but I absolutely have to focus on Maggie and Grace first. These two elderly Scottish sisters were a handful! And a hoot! They were the main source o
Hannah
I'm very picky with my contemporary fiction writers, and Camille Eide has been a trusty favorite for several years now. This book gave me plenty of feel-good thrills even while things looked truly dark for the two MCs. I'm not keen on the health-problem angle of romance books (one of my least favorite tropes, actually), but she sold it well and I liked the way it played out in the end.
Beth
What an uplifting story! Full review to come.
Joleen
Scottish author Ian MacLean travels to America to bring his great aunt, Grace back to Scotland to keep his granny company so he can be free of his caregiver burden. But what he finds is a beautiful young woman he'd written to for a couple for years leading up to this trip, a woman who by marriage has called Grace "Aunt" as well.

Emily Chapman loves her aunt dearly and does not want to see her leave. But spending time with Ian, seeing things from his perspective, or what she thinks is his perspect
Staci
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
A sweet story set in Oregon and Scotland.

Like There's No Tomorrow deals quite a bit with selfishness through Ian and Emily's story. I loved how the meaning of the title became clear as the novel progressed. The character development was well done and realistic. Secondary characters Maggie, Grace and Claire added to the novel. Maggie and Claire had strong personalities in different ways. Humor delivered by Maggie was delightful.

Like There's No Tomorrow is an enjoyable novel and recommended for f
Carissa (also The Regency Woman)
To read my full review, please visit Bookshelves and Daydreams.

My Official Take in 3 Parts

The Theme

It's always hard to let people go, even when it's best for them. In Emily's case, she loves her Aunt Grace with every fiber of her being, to the point where it's hard for her to imagine a life without her. But what if Grace's place isn't in Oregon, but back home, in Scotland, with her sister Maggie?

For Ian, his letting go involves something quite different. Stagnating hatred and grief have crippled
Kav
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Faith isn't expecting God to give us good things. It's trusting the goodness of God in the face of tragedy."

Product Warning: It is recommended that readers have a stockpile of tissue on hand before opening this book. And those with very tender hearts will require a supply of comfort food and smelling salts to safely navigate their way through to the very end.

Possible side-effects: Shuddering sighs which can lead to painful hiccoughs, blotchy skin, bloodshot eyes, a red nose and a period of mela
Jane
4.55 stars (view spoiler) - pg/mild pg13

So....I've no time to write a proper review since I've got to go out and "live like there's no tomorrow".

Ok. Well, here's a mini review: Yummy, flawed Scottish Hero who learns to give it all to God. Lovely, funny pair of Scottish grannies. Sister of Hero who just tells it how it is -- loved her! And a sweet heroine who drove me bonkers for five chapters. If you can get through chapte
Just Commonly
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love a good love story? What about a seemingly love that's doomed from the start? With obstacles emotionally and literally that separates what love that could flourish between our two main characters, the least being that they live on two different countries on different continents, what else can go wrong? Apparently more than meets the eye. Don't fret, this is not one story that focuses on tragedy after tragedy to draw readers in. This is one sweet romantic story that taps your tend ...more
Lisa
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a heart warming story that goes straight to the heart!
Helen (read247_instyle_inca)
A well written and very enjoyable read! Believable, fun characters face challenges that bring them closer to God and each other. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Rachel
What a lovely story! I knew when I read the synopsis for this book that I was in for a treat. One, it involved a visit to Scotland! Two, it involved 2 older, somewhat frail ladies under the care of their individual family members. The situations this puts our two main caretakers in were sometimes funny, sometimes sad, sometimes wonderfully touching.

Ian MacLean is anxious to get out from under the "burden" of having to be on constant watch and care of his grannie, Maggie. He sees no reason that
Carla Stewart
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tender and heart-wrenching, Camille Eide’s debut novel brings home the eternal truth that no one knows what tomorrow may bring. While set in both Oregon and Scotland, I was particularly drawn to the Scottish setting which gave me a longing to visit those rambling hills and sit at a table over shortbread and tea and listen to the brogue that Camille so aptly brings to the page. With characters and dialogue that sparkle, Like There’s No Tomorrow wove its way into my heart. Beautiful, and the first ...more
Loraine Nunley
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two quirky old sisters, a devoted woman, and a good looking Scottish man. This was the making of a sweet story. Add a little romance into the mix and I enjoyed it. I particularly liked the way that this author dealt with the issue of forgiveness. It was this realism in the midst of the story that held my attention. (Full review at my website)
Andrea Cox
Great writer's voice, intriguing characters, wonderful humor throughout. Loved the elderly sisters. They're hilarious! I look forward to reading more stories by Camille Eide.
T. Rosado
4.5 STARS!
(ebook and audio)

Like There's No Tomorrow was simply a beautiful story with wonderfully developed characters - main and secondary. There was not one character that didn't have a message to share, whether obvious or delicately woven around Ian and Emily's central story. Along with a heart-tugging romance and subtle humor, there was also a potent and life-affirming faith thread. Ian's faith journey was especially moving. You cannot finish this book without falling in love with the Godly
Emily Reynolds
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Humorous and heart-tugging! Fantastic real-to-life characters with struggles you can identify with. Emotionally complex issues mixed with moments of complete hilarity. Amazing story!
Pam
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about Ian Mac Lean a widower dealing with a trouble making relative. He goes to American to see if her sister can come to help with her.He is coming from Ireland.He meets Emily where Emily is caring for her Aunt Grace the sister.Emily is dealing with a fear of something but her and Ian go on a trip where her Aunt has gone with friends to check up on.They have quiet a adventure. Emily decides her and her Aunt will go to Ireland and the sisters get along very well.Before Emily goes ...more
Debbie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emmi
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you read - do you like a book that makes you think, make your pulse pound, make you wonder how it could possibly end well?
This book did the above and so much more. The problems the characters grapple with, are very real, very relatable. What would I do in Emily's shoes? If I was Ian, how would I respond? I loved this story, and I don't say that often.
If you want a book that will not only convict and inspire, but also entertain you, read Like There's No Tomorrow.
Teri
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I simply cannot say enough amazing things about the characters that Camille Eide shares with us fabulously lucky readers! Ian and Emily are at a crossroads…Ian has given up on God, and Emily knows she is nothing without God. Somehow, amidst of all the good-natured bickering of two sassy old Scottish sisters, they find their way to a passionate middle ground that leads them both in the direction God is pointing. Simply marvelous!
JoAn Montgomery
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well done.

A lovely story that makes me cry each time I read it, even though I already know it. It's inspiring and real; and at times amusing and funny. I was blessed to watch this incredible journey culminating in the birth of this story.
I can't wait to read the next one. (s) Love Mom
Ann
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It is a wonderfully written romance and had a story line that kept me engrossed in the lives of the characters from the first pages. It is the heartwarming story of family relationships and also of a couple learning to trust God in their relationship. This is the first book I have read by this author and I certainly hope there will be other books to follow.
Lynn Hare
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of Camille Eide's fresh voice and genuinely likable characters. I wept through the book as I got to know Ian and Emily's journeys of forgiveness. Camille's story weaves together beautiful, poetic descriptions of the countryside with deep relational dialogue and even suspenseful action. 5 stars for the exceptional strokes of Camille's "paintbrush" of the art of persevering love.
Lizzy Martin
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely beautifully written. Great characters that get you hooked from the beginning. Easy to picture yourself as part of the clan (or wish you were). Great depiction of Scottish landscapes and tender love.
Can't wait for another book by this talented author.
Ollie
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good love story. This book was enjoyable from start to finish. What I loved is that the two main characters were so loveable, Ian & Emily both have such good hearts. It was such a pleasure to read, thank you Camille. ...more
Alina
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read and loved all books by Camille Eide but this was my favorite. Excellent read: it was in the same time deep, funny, romantic and heartbreaking.. And the characters were so lovable. One of my favorite books ever.
Sue Walsh
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved it!!! So very hard to put down!! Camille is a very gifted writer!! A must read for everyone!!
Laura Luzzi
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway, fiction
This was such a sweet novel. I appreciated the strong message of trusting in God. Wonderful love story and I just lost it when the father showed up at the end. Good feeling book.
Beth Erin
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
I love this story! Ian and Emily are both caretaker for their elderly aunt (who happen to be quirky Irish sisters). So they get to know each other through the letters exchanged between Ireland and the US, pen pals in the age of internet and cell phones! This is a great candidate for traveling via storyteller, from the Pacific coast to Ireland, the settings are vivid and experienced with all the senses.
Fabulous work on the narration. Each character is seamlessly brought to life!

• The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion
  • The Matrimonial Advertisement (Parish Orphans of Devon #1)
  • Lulu's Cafe
  • Where the Heart Is
  • The Fountains of Silence
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree (The Darling Dahlias #1)
  • A Testament of Devotion
  • Reuniting with the Cowboy (Texas Cowboys, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Cowboy
  • A Change of Fortune (Ladies of Distinction, #1)
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Naked Ladies (The Darling Dahlias #2)
  • Darling Dahlias and the Confederate Rose (Darling Dahlias #3)
  • The Mail-Order Bride Standoff: 4 Grooms Are Stymied When Brides Get Cold Feet
  • Fair as a Star (Victorian Romantics, #1)
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Silver Dollar Bush (The Darling Dahlias, #5)
  • Whiskers in the Dark (Mrs. Murphy #28)
  • I Give Up: The Secret Joy of a Surrendered Life
  • Come Homicide or High Water
Camille writes poignant stories full of love, grace, and redemption. Some call her stories "more than a romance." Her novels include The Memoir of Johnny Devine, which was awarded Romantic Times' Best Inspirational Romance, Seal of Excellence, and Oregon Christian Writers' Historical Fiction award.

News & Interviews