Start by marking “Ready to Roll (Roll of the Dice, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ready to Roll (Roll of the Dice, #2)

Ready to Roll

(Roll of the Dice #1.5)

Janice Newton directs all her energy into her job and physical training, choosing loneliness over the close ties that would reopen her old wounds. She uses her perfect defensive stance to keep everyone at arm’s length, especially the coworker she secretly craves. Will her fear of rejection keep her from a relationship with the one person who sees through her tough strength ...more
Published September 17th 2014 (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ready to Roll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready to Roll

Start your review of Ready to Roll (Roll of the Dice, #2)
Coco.V
Jul 22, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-interested
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/22/2019)! 🎁
Jessica
Feb 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
We're immediately dropped in the middle of a situation without any emotional context beyond the blurb. The heroine was terribly awkward and the hero immediately came off as douchily high handed. Another dnf bites the dust ...more
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed this second roll of the dice - everything aligned perfectly. I was in the mood for a romance and Janice was one of my favorite characters from Rocket Man (Ready to Roll #1). There are no cardboard characters in Greene's work - everyone stands on his or her own, ready to roll the dice and tell another story.

Caitlin
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, romance
A quick, enjoyable read, with complex believeable characters and a good sex scene.
Judy
This is a novella in the Roll of the Dice series. We met Janice and Miguel in book one, Rocket Man. Janice was Serena's work friend and sounding board, so we got to know her much better than we did Miguel, as he was more a background character in the book. At the close of Rocket Man, Janice and Miguel were together. This is the story that gets them there.

I liken this story to a one act play. All the characters being in one location, in one time frame. Since the characters know each other rather
Sarah Sutton
Quick and easy read. Likable characters you can relate to. I think for a novella there was a good mix of back story/character history (mostly due to interrupting supporting characters) and action. The dialogue was believable and not overly corny like other romance stories.
Overall I liked the book, but two things bothered me.

The use of 'si' instead of 'sí'. These are two completely different words and I had to catch myself from thinking "if what?". Other words had accents, so why couldn't this on
Jessica Coker
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute, easy book to read. Characters were fun and relateable. Good character development for such a short story. Felt it was a little predictable, but otherwise I would recommend. Thank you Goodreads for making me a First Reads Winner.
Patti
Shelly
rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2014
Melanie Greene
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Anna
Oct 02, 2015
Rodrigo
rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2019
Diamond
Jan 15, 2015
Melanie Greene
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Barb
CHARLENE
rated it it was ok
May 01, 2016

• Mostly My Girlfriend
  • What Happens at Con (Fandom Hearts, #4)
  • Exposed (Erotic Romance Novella)
  • Ransom (The Player, #5)
  • Hero's Homecoming
  • Hot for Him (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #3)
  • Mostly My Boss
  • The Striker's Chance
  • Hard Knocks (Practice Perfect, #2)
  • The Bombshell Effect (Washington Wolves, #1)
  • The Dream Hunter
  • I Hate You, Remember Me (Hate You, #2)
  • Hold Me (Cyclone, #2)
  • Big Head (Size Matters #1)
  • Studly Period (The Ivy Years, #5.5)
  • The Restorer (Graveyard Queen, #1)
  • Running with a Sweet Talker (Brides on the Run, #2)
  • Thistle & Thorne
Melanie Greene lives in a tiny woodland cottage in a big skyscraper city. She shares her life with her hunk of a husband and children so amazing they defy superlatives.

She writes smart, sizzling contemporary romance.

Roll of the Dice (4 books)
  • Rocket Man (Roll of the Dice, #1)
  • Eye of the Tiger (Roll of the Dice, #2)
  • Roll of a Lifetime (Roll of the Dice, #3)
  • On a Roll (Roll of the Dice, #4)