Start by marking “Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3)

Mission Hurricane

(The 39 Clues: Doublecross #3)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  1,703 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Eye of the Storm

Thirteen-year-old Dan Cahill and his older sister, Amy, know that a disaster is about to strike the world. They know they are the only ones who can stop it, and they know they may already be too late. The person behind the disaster is their own relative, a man who calls himself the Outcast. He’s already recreated two of history’s worst disasters, and is onl
Published (first published January 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Mission Hurricane, please sign up.

david y biblioflick
Feb 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Karsyn
Finally getting these finished up since I first started the first series ages and ages ago. Enjoyable series, Amy & Dan are great characters.
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
Cover: Cool!
Rating 5 stars!
Overall: Cahills are back and in charge!
Characters: Well executed!
Plot: Kept me guessing, and full of action!
Page Turner: Yes, definitely.
Series Cont.? Yes, absolutely.
Recommend Yes.

Short Review:

Hold on to the edge of your seat. This book will take you on a wild ride. Have time to read this one because once you get into it, you won’t want to stop. This book is certainly one of my favorites of the 39 clue books. It was a great read!
After the letdown of the last book,
Kyra
Jan 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
MISSION HURRICANE !!!1111
(p.s. MISSION CHERNOBYL WOULD BE WAY COOLER :'(( SADLY )
Sarah Newman
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I really enjoyed this - I'm looking forward to the final instalment! I like how the characters have grown over the series. Nellie and Ham remain my favourites though :)
Logan Keehn
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sally
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-39-clues
Another whole series review. Btw I loved the Dutch setting here!

(view spoiler)
Ashley
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
It's not the best book. It really doesn't have enough action. The most excitement is basically the part about the fishermen who have engine problems. The book could have a better tile since there's no hurricane. I personally think Mission Tsunami would be better. One of the thing I liked about of the story is the fat there there is three plots. One of the other good things is that you get to know more about the characters but it's to centered on that.
Tarissa
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really cool story in the 39 Clues series. I was definitely impressed with how the Outcast was plotting to create a "hurricane" ... and I was so relieved to find out that it wasn't caused by a "weather machine" of some sort. Was also impressed with how Dan risked his life to try to rescue a family.

I hadn't read anything by Jenny Goebel before, but now I'm interested in checking out her other books.
Caleb
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For this exciting book the Cahills are trying to stop the Outcast from recreating the disaster of Hurricane Katrina. They have a few clues to start investigating as the race against time starts and the fate of the world is on their shoulders. This book was fun to read and was full of tons of intensity to keep you on edge!
Laura Mauro
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This was such a good book. I loved the focus on history and the growth of all of the characters. I will be excited to see how the story ends. I just love how these group of teens really did make their own found family and how they save the world using history as their resource!
Katlyn
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun, middle-grade
Prisha
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
roberta leiser
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Great book I can't wait for book 4 it was exciting scary and fun in the same time.
Nathaniel conforti
Megan
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
audiobook kids
Nicole
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Number three of this spin-off from The 39 Clues series. Fun for kids. They do get a bit repetitive. Yay, glad Amy and Dan are in charge of the Cahill family again!
Genny
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The series is getting back to the feel fo the original 39 Clues, which is nice. It also feels like this story arc is tying back to the origin of Amy and Dan's adventures.
Blackandred04
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is really making up for the last one!
Harkeerat of the Apollo Cabin
This is my favourite in the doublecross series yet!! Loved to see all the characters united and working together again.
Elizabeth
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I need more Nelly, please!
Colleen
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one was really good. The kids found out so many things not all good. In this series everyone was way less annoying. Jonah and Ham are my favorites. I do miss Atticus and Jake in this series.
Snigdha Thatikonda
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
"The best traps are set by the ones we love."

*WARNING: Slight Spoilers regarding relationships! Not so much to turn on the spoilers feature, but enough to give ya'll a warning.*

In the next installment in the 39 Clues series, the Outcast tries to recreate an event that would rival the effects of Hurricane Katrina. Amy has a lot of self-doubt once she learns about who Grace really was. After idolize her for many years, Amy struggles to believe that she was different from her. Ian is also cracking
Jackie
Dan and Amy, Ian, Cara, Ham, Jonah, Nellie and Sammy are, once again, racing against the clock to stop the madman, known as The Outcast from unleashing his deadly recreation of one of history's most catastrophic events. Somewhere in the world, he is planning to destroy a city with a likeness to Hurricane Katrina...killing thousands of people, destroying historical property, and devastating a country for years. All this in the name of...yes, the name of what? What does The Outcast want?

From his
JoAnn
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Took awhile for us to get through this one. Good enough, but not my very favorite in the series.
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it
With a surreptitiously delivered shoe, the Outcast informs the younger Cahills that he intends to recreate Hurricane Katrina in Holland. Half the team goes to thwart this wicked plot while the rest stay stateside and dig into the past to figure out the Outcast's endgame. Tensions are running high since their recent failure makes all the Cahill teens doubt themselves and new discoveries about their grandmother Grace make Amy and Dan mistrust everything they thought they knew about their family. F ...more
Jonathan Huang
Apr 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is the third in the series. The Cahill family must stop the Outcast before he wreaks havoc. The Outcast is an exile from the Cahill family, wanting revenge. He is reenacting the four most disastrous events in history. I felt like this book was a little bit easy for me. This book makes me think about people who are homosexual because in the book there is a character in this book who is also homosexual. I dislike the part of the book where the author makes a character gay out of the blue ...more
Xcess090
May 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Probably the worst book yet in the series, the characters feel insanely foreign to me, for some reason kids who spent YEARS escaping from danger by a hair stand still in front of their enemies and the disaster they're supposed to stop wasn't a thing like the name implied. Calling the book "Mission Gateway" would've probably been more accurate, staying on board out of a complitionist's angle since after this luckluster one I only have 2 left.
Abbi Hawk
Having read the previous books (in order), I think that Ms. Goebel's book was an excellent addition to the series, and the plot made me laugh along with the events. The 39 Clues series is great for all ages, and though the main characters are teenagers, the authors all possess a talent for twisting settings into flourishing backgrounds. I really liked this book, and it is definitely worthy of its place in the DoubleCross and 39 Clues series(es).
Hannah Russell
So, we're back for some more 39 Clues. Why can't I stop reading these things? I enjoy them all so much, and I don't know why. To be honest, though, I was a bit disappointed with this one. The plot was good, and I like where the story is going, but this author (whoever she is, never heard of her before), failed to capture ANY of the Cahill bunch. And that was disappointing. Other than that, a nice quick read.
Celine
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this installment of the 39 Clues! It was tight, well-thought out, and action-packed. It retained its sense of humor, even if it wasn't as sharp as some previous installments (which, seeing how the characters have gotten older and their situations more dire, is to be expected). That final scene with Dan in the boat had me nearly biting my nails! I also thought it did a great job at juggling three different storylines; switching between the three felt natural and effortless.
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • Mission Titanic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #1)
  • The Submarine Job (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #2)
  • Flashpoint (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #4)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Valley of Kings (TombQuest, #3)
  • Curse of the Ancients (Infinity Ring #4)
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)
  • The Stones of Ravenglass (Chronicles of the Red King, #2)
Jenny Goebel is the author of GRAVE IMAGES, a forthcoming middle grade novel from Scholastic (Nov 1,2013).

She lives just outside of Denver, and if she's not hiking up a mountain or mothering, or doing both simultaneously, she's probably sitting at her computer writing.

The 39 Clues: Doublecross (5 books)
  • Mission Titanic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #1)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)
  • The 39 Clues Superspecial: Outbreak