Start by marking “Isolation” as Want to Read:
Isolation

Isolation

A collection of stunning zombie/ survival horror stories from David Moody, author of the AUTUMN and HATER novels (optioned for film by Guillermo del Toro).

Keith’s in his early twenties. No girlfriend, no hobbies, no future. He spends his days working in an office and his evenings, weekends and just about all his free time looking after his alcoholic dad.

And then the zombie
Published August 20th 2014 by Infected Books

To ask other readers questions about Isolation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isolation

Lori
Read 8/26/14 - 8/28/14
4 Stars - Strongly Recommended to fans of all things Zombieeeeee
Kindle Ebook
Publisher: Infected Books (self published)
Released: August 2014

Man, has it been awhile since I've had an opportunity to sink my teeth into some David Moody zombie lit! And I suppose I couldn't have timed it any better since I hear this collection may be the final-curtain-call-of-all-things-zombie for him. Sad news for the genre, but super exciting news for whichever genre of fiction David lays his h
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
Isolation is the story of Keith, a young man who has given up on life...until everyone else's life ends and he is left behind alone. The apocalypse in Isolation goes unexplained, and why not...let's face it, if and when it happens it won't matter, no one will be able to do a damn thing about it.

As always, David Moody has left me shivering in a corner, thinking to myself, "Do we have a chance?"

The story revolves around two characters, Keith and Anna. These characters are the strength of Moody's w
Gatorman
Competent novella from Moody about two survivors of a zombie apocalypse who reluctantly join together to keep alive and hidden from the hordes of the undead. Not much you haven't seen before but it's well-written and keeps your interest until the end. The male character, Keith, becomes super annoying as the tale progresses and you find yourself hoping he'll end up as zombie food. The four zombie short stories at the end are quite good and worth the read. 3.5 stars.
Neil
King of the Dead! I like my zombie novels short, fast and with a pickaxe and DM certainly delivers this with Isolation. There were also four short stories included, my fave was Who We Used To Be, the ending with Callum was beautiful.
Martin
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
David Moody does it again! A fatal virus has turned most of the world’s population into mindless infected masses of rotting flesh wandering the earth without aim or purpose.

Again, characterization is at the forefront of Moody’s story. The main protagonist is Keith; Keith is a nobody, a loner, abused by his father who is a drunk and someone who Keith blames for his mother departure. Keith is ignored and in some cases despised by his workmates and during one meeting where Keith is receiving his m
Spencer
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a well written collection of short stories and despite all sharing the theme of zombies, the stories are actually quite different in tone and plot to one another.
I don't tend to read much zombie fiction (apart from the walking dead) as in the past that which I have read has been all the same kind of thing and so it gets a bit tedious, but I found David Moody's stories very inventive and imaginative.
I also loved the fact that he included British phrases, slang and references, as being a
Charlene
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
A collection of five short stories. Each one as good as the last. This is the first time reading anything by David Moody and I'll say he writes a very good short story. I will have to check out his full length books.
Brett Grossmann
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really great bunch of zombie short stories. Fresh new approaches to a tired genre
Georgi_Lvs_Books
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zombie/apocalypse love them!!

Keith - loner, miserable, takes care of his dad who is an alcoholic. No life whatsoever.... then the zombie apocalypse happens. For the first 24 hours he's on his own defenceless then he meets Anna, who is the complete opposite. They stick together in an isolated bungalow which the dead surround.

Keith was a hard character to like, found him really irritating... He needed to grow some balls quite frankly! Haha. Anna I loved, from the start she had balls!!

Loved the g
Kari Dennis
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
More average zombie stories

The writing wasn't bad and neither were the stories, if you have a couple hours to kill and nothing better this read, go for it. Otherwise, most of the stories were lacking in some way that I can't quite put my finger on. Like I said, more average zombie stories, not bad, but not particularly good either.
The Grim Reader
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
More great Moody

I love Moody's zombie stuff. always thought provoking and entertaining. I enjoyed cost of living more, but this was still heaps better than a lot of other zombie stuff in kindle land.
Mrs Jayne Ann Evans
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!

Really enjoyed it especially the short stories at the end very imaginative would recommend this author to anybody who likes zombie books.
Marilyn Wood
Oct 13, 2014
Christopher Robinette
Dec 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A pioneer of independent publishing, DAVID MOODY first released HATER in 2006, and without an agent, succeeded in selling the film rights for the novel to Mark Johnson (producer, Breaking Bad) and Guillermo Del Toro (director, The Shape of Water, Pan's Labyrinth). Moody's seminal zombie novel AUTUMN was made into an (admittedly terrible) movie starring Dexter Fletcher and David Carradine. He has a ...more