Start by marking “The Quantum Prophets: Richard Dawkins, Deepak Chopra and the spooky truth about their battle over God (Kindle Single)” as Want to Read:

Richard Dawkins and Deepak Chopra are two of the most famous Big Thinkers of our time. And yet their deeply acrimonious, decade-long battle over God, human consciousness and "quantum healing" has gone unchronicled until now. Dawkins, a best-selling author and evolutionary biologist who coined the term "meme," has staked his name on the cause of militant atheism. Chopra, a ...more
Published August 11th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Quantum Prophets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quantum Prophets

Start your review of The Quantum Prophets: Richard Dawkins, Deepak Chopra and the spooky truth about their battle over God (Kindle Single)
Joseph F.
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wanted to read this because I thought it would be a fun romp on the acrimonious debate between these two powerful men. It did not disappoint. These two guys clearly do not like each other, and the author covers their feud through the pages.
Chopra comes off slightly more sympathetic because he is willing to sit down and talk with the author. Roston also received a grant from Chopra in order to research this book.
But don't be fooled. Roston is equally critical of both men and their views.
Chopra
Ezechel
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice writing style, but not a lot of useful information at the end of the day, and definitely no clear conclusion. Narrative is purposefully following the author's own experience as he is investigating the subject, but it ends up with a pretty narrow and sketchy view of both science and spirituality, owing to a (genuine or simulated?) ignorance of the author in both subjects. I expected more depth and philosophy, but instead I've got a longer version of what it could be garden variety article in ...more
Ksea
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay

Interesting observations about the egos and emotions involved in scientific exploration and human yearning. Didn't Buddha advise people to give his ideas a shot but if they didn't work for them to go find their own truth? Wise guy. Good "wise".
Carlota&Werter
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Justo lo que necesitaba leer para aclarar la polémica de Dawkins/Chopra. Bien escrito, entretenido y el resultado de la polémica tiene un ganador: el mismo Roston.
I was looking for enlightment about the polemic between Dawkins and Chopra.
I like the antireligious feeling that Dawkins postulated, but I dont feel comfortable with his fundamentalism and militant atheism.
I tried (for a very long time) to get the benefits (without success so far) of yoga, mindfulness, meditation that Chopra talks, but
Greg
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Rostonapproaches his subjects with openness and neutrality which allows the reader to form their own opinion. I felt I learned a bit about each man but they are both so complex that is difficult to get a good understanding without going to the source material. And frankly, this didn’t make me want to do that. They both come off as a bit pompous, in different ways, and I don’t think I would agree strongly enough with either of them to tolerate the attitude.
Alam Bancock
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Balance

This writer chose two viewpoints embodied in two famous people to express his wavering belief system. Both are bad examples! Life is so much more than chemicals. Consciousness is is so much more than thinking. This life is more incredible than we believe or that we can believe.
Shannon Scarlett
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Try to read this as the writer intends-- with an open mind

Even though I've never experienced a life shattering event like the author, I still find myself straddling the line between hard and soft science.
I have no love for Dawkins or Chopra, and this book points out the glaring flaws that make them so unlike able. But the questions being asked are big and important to the future of the world.
I don't really believe in a personal God, but I do believe in potentiality, which is simply to say
Sindu
Sep 23, 2017
Livio Fanti
Mar 26, 2019
Tim Titolo
rated it did not like it
Sep 08, 2014

• Ink in the Blood: A Hospital Diary
  • Der totale Rausch: Drogen im Dritten Reich
  • Riders of the Silences
  • No Way Out: The Searing True Story of Men Under Siege
  • Hanns and Rudolf: The True Story of the German Jew Who Tracked Down and Caught the Kommandant of Auschwitz
  • I grunden utan skuld (Sandhamn, #3)
  • The Aftermath
  • South by Java Head
  • Thomas Cromwell: A Life
  • The Messiah Conspiracy, Book One
  • The Lion Of Israel: Featuring Ariel Sutcliffe (Jericho Black Thriller #2.6)
  • The Contract: A Mafia Vows Prequel (Mafia Vows, #.5)
  • The Four Horsemen: The Conversation That Sparked an Atheist Revolution
  • Direct Action: A Delta Force Founding Member Origin Story (Jack Bonafide Book 0)
  • Free to Kill (Katie Freeman, #1)
  • The Last Stand of Fox Company: A True Story of U.S. Marines in Combat
“Chopra and Dawkins are living in the same moment and they’re interpreting it differently. They are making sense of the universe as they see it. And in that they are both deluding themselves.” 0 likes