Start by marking “Proof of Forever” as Want to Read:
Proof of Forever

Proof of Forever

From debut author and poet Lexa Hillyer comes the lyrical story of four seventeen-year-old friends who receive an unlikely chance to relive the perfect summer . . . and the devastating secret that could unravel it all. Elegant and evocative, Proof of Forever is one of those first novels that hooks you from the beginning and builds toward a stunning—and unexpected—end, call ...more
Published June 2nd 2015 by HarperTeen

“Our camp years are forever behind us. I get that. But I know, deep down, that you guys have to be sad about that too. That it meant something to you, just like it did to me.”

This was a contemporary time-travel/ do-over story, with an unexpected ending.

The characters in this were all okay, but I didn’t really love any of them. They all came across as quite immatur
Aditi
“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”

---- Anaïs Nin, a French-born novelist, passionate eroticist and short story writer

Lexa Hillyer, an American author, pens her debut novel, Proof of Forever that traces the moving tale of four girlfriends and their camp days but two years down the line, they grew apart and are given a chance to go back to their camp days and do it all over again.

Synopsis:
Adam Silvera
A lyrical novel about friendship and do-overs thanks to a fantastical touch of time traveling via a photo booth. PROOF OF FOREVER taught me a lot about craft with the way it seamlessly juggles four distinct narrators (voice-y third person). It's got some serious depth and is perfect for the summer. Get at this!
Lauren ✨ (YABookers)
I received a free copy via Edelweiss

First Impressions: A little disappointed but a good summer read and a pretty unique premise. I think I would have liked it a lot more had it been more friendship focused but a lot of it was romance centric and insta-love which was a big turn off for me.

Review: Four girls, Zoe, Tali, Joy and Luce, were once best friends. One summer, everything changed. At their Camp reunion years later, the four girls meet up again, brought together by Joy, the one who left. A
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

MY THOUGHTS
This book focuses on a group of ex-friends: Joy, Tali, Luce, and Zoe. After Joy moved without explanation, the friends drifted apart. It's when the summer camp they used to attend has a reunion that the girls see eachother again and end up accidentally transporting 2 years into the part. To their last summer as friends. The girls have to recreate their past, and their last photo, in order to get back to the present. But how ca
Jaime Arkin
If you’re looking for a story of the crazy ups and downs of friendship look no further. I read the summary of this book and instantly felt like this would be the perfect summer read.

Tali, Luce, Zoe and Joy were friends since their first days at Camp Okahatchee and when the last day arrived, they swore they would remain friends forever. But as it often happens, people slip away and time apart creates rifts and waves and the four girls end up anything but best friends.

Two years later, on the cus
Grace Meredith
The idea for this book was deliciously original: four estranged friends accidentally travel back in time, and get to make different choices and get into all sorts of trouble. But Lexa Hillyer could not pull it off. It was rushed, the writing was juvenile, and there were even a few grammatical errors. *shudders*. The end was a cheap rip-off of other, more moving plots, and failed to stir any of my emotions at all.

When Hillyer learns how to write, let me know, and I might give her a try again. Bu
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
THIS WAS PERFECT AND BITTERSWEET. It took a little while to get into the narrative, as it's told in what I like to call 'fan fiction tense' (third person, present) but when I got other that I fell in love with the characters and the story. Maddie and I were talking about this for hours after finishing it. For a story about four girls accidentally going back in time it was so realistic. Also, beautiful writing style. I could go on about this story forever. Just read it!
Lisa (lifeinlit)
3.5 stars!

Proof of Forever is a unique twist on your typical summer camp, second romance type of beach read. These just happen to be one of my very favorite types of books to read, so this was one I wasn’t going to miss. The uniqueness of this story took me a bit by surprise… but it was a good surprise, and one that kept me pretty interested.

Luce, Joy, Tali and Zoe were the best of friends up until a summer they spent in camp together. After that summer, the group of friends completely drifted a
Rachel
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review, edelweiss
THE PROOF OF FOREVER is a beautifully written, moving, heartwarming and heartbreaking must-read story. It is the story of four girls, summer friends, who have grown apart in the two years since camp ended and who have been given the chance to go back in time to the final few days of their last summer together and do it all over. It is wistful. It is eye-opening. It’s sad and sweet. It’s the perfect summer read.

If Joy hadn’t asked, Zoe might never have gone to Camp OK’s reunion. Tali had her own
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
I received an ARC copy of this book from the publisher through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. For more reviews like this on, check out my blog, Divergent Gryffindor.

Actual rating: 3.5

When I first read the synopsis of this book, I really wanted to get my hands on it. The synopsis was vague to me, and that only piqued my interest more. However, when I started reading the book, I felt disappointed.

When I read about going back to the past through the photo booth, it reminded me of Disn
Charlotte
- Boring and bogged down by unnecessary details that did not help the story at all.
- Has a very typical teen voice which I didn't enjoy reading probably because I'm pretty much over it. Definitely more suited towards readers who enjoy that.
- A lot of telling and not enough showing.
- Expected friendship aspect to be more in-depth but it was all on a surface level and more focus was given to the romances.

I'm just so relieved to have finished this book *dances off to read something hopefully be
Gabi
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOAHHHHHHHHH

JUST AWESOMNESSSSS

THE GIRLS WERE AWESOME!

REMINDED ME A LOT OF PLL

JUST READ

YOU WON'T REGRET IT

I KNOW I ONLY GAVE IT 4 STARS BUTTTTTTT ITS JUST NOT 5 STARS EVEN THOUGH IT WAS AWESOME!
Mehsi
Not a long review, just a short one to express my thoughts. I would go into it more, but this book is build on surprises and I don't want to ruin any of them.

I always have a soft spot for books about camps, they do seem like a good deal of fun. Lakes, swimming, cabins, games, talent shows, too bad about the food though, but oh well, making friends and meeting each other each year, and much much more. But what if you add time travel to the equation? What if you add: 'You get a second chance' to t
Camelle
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever think of re-doing things over? having second chances? going back to the past and just try to be better for your future? coz, I honestly do.

This book is so good, beautiful, weird, fantastic, heart breaking and full of self discovery.

-- the rest of the review will be up soon!

This review is originally posted on my blog Home of a Book Lover

Have you ever think of having second chances? Have you ever think of going back to the past where you could just repeat everything you did and pr
Rhea Dsouza
Proof Of Forever, on first glance, is Disney material. From the cover to the theme to the entire idea of being thrown back into time courtesy of a Photo Booth. Very idyllic. And that is the frame of mind I went with into this book. And I’m pleased to report, that this book was nothing like the cheese fest or the fluffy cotton candy I expected. It was honest and real and even though it wasn’t perfect, it’s going to be a book I’m going to remember for a long while.

This book is about time travel bu
Jenna
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review also appears on Happy Indulgence.

It’s been a while since I’ve read a contemporary YA novel that I’ve actually enjoyed so Proof of Forever definitely came as a bit of a surprise. I didn’t really have high expectations for it because of my reading slump, and the fact that I came into possession of this book when another blogger didn’t want it. But I highly enjoyed the friendship story and thought it was the perfect summer book as Toronto starts to transition to fall.

Proof of Forever is
Justin
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After my last read, I really needed something to give me a boost again, and Proof of Forever easily did that for me. There have been so many amazing contemporary novels this year and it makes me wonder if this is the year of contemporary. Lexa hit it out of the park with Proof of Forever, and I didn’t want to put the book down once I picked it up, which rarely happens anymore even if I love a book.

This book contains everything I look for in debut novel. I know Lexa has done poetry in the past an
Claire
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
See the full review on Cover to Cover, my blog!

This book changed my outlook on contemporaries forever. Although I've had my ups and downs with young adult contemporaries before, Proof of Forever was full of interesting plot twists and genuine characters that made me reconsider the genre.

I loved the concept of this novel; four girls, broken, reform friendships through surviving time travel to a previous summer. Simultaneously, I'm glad history didn't repeat itself. I appreciated that the protagon
Katie
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Proof of Forever, Lexa Hillyer’s debut novel, seriously impressed me. It’s a beautifully written novel that perfectly captured the feeling of summer, lost friendships, and first love.

Proof of Forever is the story of four very different girls who happen to be former best friends. Zoe is a quirky nerd who loves everything Dr. Who. Tali is the pretty girl obsessed with money, popularity, and boys. Luce is the golden girl with the perfect boyfriend, perfect family, and perfect life, or so it seems.
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
The review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs

I was first interested in Proof of Forever because it reminded me of the Britney Spears movie Crossroads. I love a story about girls that are pulled apart, whether it is because they have grown apart or for other reason, that are all of sudden thrust back into each others lives. And although the book is very different from Crossroads, they did have some similarities and the same vibe.

Proof of Forever is the story of Joy, Tali, Luce, and Zoe, 4 girls
Maryam Dinzly
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I received an eARC of this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review, and yes, heartbreakingly honest it shall be.

I was totally enraptured by this book even before reading it, because firstly, HAVE YOU SEEN THAT COVER? IT'S SO PRETTY. Secondly, this book is about time-travelling, but it's not sci-fi. Which makes it all the more cooler, because hello, contemporary plus time-travelling? Perfect summer read. (Not that it's summer here, PFFT.) Also, guys, this is the ultimate girls bestfr
Lucy (That Book Gal)
I have a personal rule that if a book uses the f-bomb more than two times in the first chapter, then I will not finish the book. Sometimes I can deal with less major cussing (I.e. Also Known As by Robin Benway). But this book started with innuendos AND cussing, so I stopped. Look, I just cannot read a book with tons of cussing.
I feel a little bad, because this isn't a proper review. Needless to say, I didn't finish book. I'll go ahead with the normal lists.

THE GOOD
1. Eye-catching cover
2. Pretty
Marianne
I received a copy of this teen novel from the publisher, opened it eagerly, and... almost gave up on it when I realized it was written in the present tense. Oh, my friends, how I hate reading extended narratives in the present tense. Hate hate hate. But I kept going, mostly because I love time-travel premises in all their shapes and forms, and I'm really glad I did. The present tense wasn't the last thing that annoyed me about the book, but it's okay, because this book has THE STUFF - that fierc ...more
Angela
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this.
Analee (Book Snacks)
This was a super fun read! Really enjoyed it. Review to come! <3 (By the way, my current rating may change as I'm writing my review... still deciding between a 4 and 4.5 star rating...)
Pam Mooney
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely book about friendship, second chances, love and loss.
I love the magic and learning to recognize the great moments in your life. A good read.
Rose
Quick review for a not so quick read despite the length of the narrative. To be honest, I'm still struggling over my end thoughts on Lexa Hillyer's "Proof of Forever". I definitely liked the concept of the novel and the intent behind it. Four girls who have had estranged relationships are provided an odd chance to relive their experiences during the one summer when they were all friends and coming to terms with a number of examinations within their relationships, with each other, and with the cr ...more
Katie
Huh. So this was flawed, but, to my own surprise, I found it effective by the end.

The premise of going back in time . . . yeah, that's really hard to pull off in a realistic novel and the execution made me cringe at times. The characters' reactions to going back in time didn't feel realistic to me. It sort of felt like, "Let's just go with it!!" and, well. I don't know how to "fix" that. Because the point of the novel wasn't really the time travel. Still. It ended up feeling a bit too . . . rand
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Making Pretty
  • The Secrets of Attraction
  • The Memory Key
  • No Parking at the End Times
  • Emancipated (Emancipated, #1)
  • Summer of Yesterday
  • A Sense of the Infinite
  • Endangered
  • Kissing in America
  • Like It Never Happened
  • The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak
  • Invincible (Invincible, #1)
  • Twisted Fate
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
Hello! I'm the author of the YA fantasy duology Spindle Fire & Winter Glass, YA speculative contemporary Proof of Forever, and the upcoming YA contemporary Frozen Beauty. I also wrote the poetry collection Acquainted with the Cold, which won the 2012 Foreword Book of the Year Award. I'm one of the founders, and President of Publishing, at creative development company Glasstown Entertainment. I ...more
“No matter how much you try, you cannot change the future. You cannot change. Not really. That's the problem with optimism, with hope. You end up disappointed.” 4 likes
“Life doesn't always hand you the answers. Sometimes the best you can do is make a decision and stick to it. Tali's dad always says that the best business decisions rely on intuition, after all. There isn't always a right move, just a move that feels right.” 4 likes