Start by marking “The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2)

The Good Girls

(The Perfectionists #2)

Mackenzie, Ava, Caitlin, Julie, and Parker have done some not-so-perfect things. But even though they all talked about killing rich bully Nolan Hotchkiss, they didn’t actually go through with it. It’s just a coincidence that Nolan died in exactly the way they planned . . . right? Except Nolan wasn’t the only one they fantasized about killing. When someone else they named d ...more
Published June 2nd 2015 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about The Good Girls, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Allison Jones
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Najma You should first read the first book because if you don't, this one will be confusing.
Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerSix of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
YA Novels of 2015
1,465 books — 8,942 voters
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny HanThe Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie WestAll the Bright Places by Jennifer NivenSaint Anything by Sarah DessenMy Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
2015 Contemporary YA
253 books — 1,373 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2)
James
4 stars to Sara Shepard's The Good Girls, the potentially conclusive second novel in her Perfectionist's series. After reading the debut of the series last month, I was quickly intrigued and needed to read the second novel to learn what happens to the 5 girls who seemed to be hiding something. I picked it up yesterday morning and finished it within a few hours as my Sunday read. It's a fascinating ending and floats a potential opening for a third installment down the line, but it is also good sh ...more
Kate
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
BLOG REVIEW:

The Good Girls, book 2 in The Perfectionists duology
actual rating: 4.5/5 stars

I really enjoyed this book, I think more than the first instalment because I already knew who all the characters were and I was so excited to find out who the killer was!

This book was mind-blowing! That plot twist...

On page 245 we find out exactly what the heck is going on in Beacon Heights, and boy did Ms Shepard not disappoint!

I was very impressed, shocked and c
Ruby Granger
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
At first, I didn't think this was going to be as good as the first book in the series (as is so often the case!), but I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed this even more... In fact, I sat down with the intention of reading a chapter two and ended up reading the whole thing in one sitting!

If you're looking for a really gripping, fast-paced mystery story with lots of twists and turns, I would recommend!
Trina (Between Chapters)
Honestly this was my dream come true of mystery series endings so right now I'm just super excited. I had so much fun racing through the pages to see if my theory was right.

Aside from that, this ending was so well paced. Sara built up more from the initial mystery, then gave you a reveal earlier than expected with plenty of time left to discover more to the story and have full closure, while not dragging on for too long.

I re-read my review of the first book and I said I thought there were too ma
Ash ♡
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, wow! I can't believe that Sara Shepard went there with this book. I totally didn't see the first twist... then the second and third twists coming. I was so thoroughly impressed with Sara's unique viewpoint for a mystery book that I had to reread the confession four times before I believed it was real.

I still have one question though, one that I don't think I will get the answer to as Sara has said that The Good Girls is the last of The Perfectionists series, and that is 'Is Julie really c
rachel ☾
can I pls just read one thriller that doesn't use mental illness as a plot device
Zyra
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
what a twisted ending. i had to check with previous scenes how had it played out with that fact.
& the last scene made it so complicated, real & unbelievable at the same time.
Maddie
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, well, well, I certainly didn't see that coming. If I thought the first book had some plot twists, they were nothing compared to this. Sara Shepard, I applaud you and your brilliance.
Nikki Liisa
WARNING, THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

I want to start off with saying that English isn't my first language, so I apologise for any grammar- or spelling mistakes I make while writing this review. <3

Wow... This book! My head's spinning!

"Mackenzie, Ava, Caitlin, Julie, and Parker have done some not-so-perfect things. But even though they all talked about killing rich bully Nolan Hotchkiss, they didn’t actually go through with it. It’s just a coincidence that Nolan died in exactly the way they plann
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Whoa! This book was crazy!

Sometimes, in these type of books, I try to figure out who the killer is. But there are times when I just relax and enjoy the ride. Today I just wanted to see what will Sara pull out of her sleeve next. She didn't disappoint!

The Good Girls picks up right where The Perfectionists ended. Girls are still in big trouble. Someone is trying to kill all of their enemies and the list of possible suspects is getting shorter.

I really liked the friendship between Julie and Park
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Welp this ended exactly how I thought it would. Womp.
♛ Garima ♛

"HE DESERVES TO BE PUNISHED."

Because it started with this one line and ruined some people's life seriously. I picked this up straight after #1 and knowing Shepard I was not even sure whether it will end here, because let's face it, I was thinking it would like #10 or #11 when we finally know who killed Nolan. But thank God it ended here.
It wasn't like I wasn't enjoying this series, but I was getting antsy to know the big reveal. And what a reveal it was!

I am also happy that I started this
Elle (TheBookishActress)
3.5 stars, because that ending was amazing.

In terms of characters, plotting, and romance, this duology is nothing new. The concept of morally ambiguous perfect girls losing their popularity is pretty interesting, and Shephard doesn't do a terrible job with it. Each character is sufficiently morally ambiguous, although some come off more catty than realistically flawed.

The issue is that each girl's individual plotline doesn't tie in with the overarching murder plotline. Shephard would prefer to
Fuzaila
Oh. My. God. That was totally out of the blue. Even if my guess turned out to be right, I am still shaken by the way it turned out. For all the feels it gave me 4.5/5.

Ava, Caitlyn, Julie, Mackenzie and Parker are still the suspects on the Nolan Hotchkiss-Granger murder case. Their casual conversation not long ago, in the film studies class about whom each of them wanted dead, is being carried out one by one. First it was Nolan, then Parker's dad, then Ashley Ferguson. Everyone of them is killed
Taylor
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sara Shepard is one of those authors that I will continue buying as time goes on. She may not be incredibly brilliant in her writing style, but she does write good stories. She writes concepts well, and The Good Girls didn't disappoint me at all. I really enjoyed the characters and their struggles (I am actually sad that this series is really only a duology). It is well written and just all around awesome.
The twist (which I will not spoil) is delectable, though a bit predictable if you REALLY
Ciara
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
SPOILERS IN THE REVIEW!!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Okay. So. Wow.
Before I start with this review I'll say what I think about Sara Shepard in general. As a tween I liked the PLL series as a guilty pleasure before it became a million books long and therefore awful. And I thought her other series the Lying Game was pretty good, although predictable it was still decently written and enjoyable. And the first book of the Perfectionists was obviously inspired by PLL and I've come to recognize her writin
Nicole (( lost in the book's world ))
WHOA!!!

That's very TWIST PLOT ever I read!

I wish Sara Shepard would write other book for one more of this series...

I am dying to know what's happened to Julie!!! O.O

Oh, it is really make me to want to go back to reread this damn book to see if Sara Shepard is making a joke with us about someone.......
Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
Rating: 4.5

This book was definitely better than the first one! It was interesting and crazy from start to finish, which was exactly what was missing in the first book. I had a feeling something was wrong with Parker. In the first book, it mentioned Parker's blackouts and I knew that had to play a significant role in whatever was happening. I just DID NOT expect it to end the way that it did.

However, I'm still a little confused about the ending. (view spoiler)
Cassie-la
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2016/12/01/...

My 25th Sara Shepard book shouldn’t have surprised me, but holy hell that twist ending had me metaphorically floored. The Good Girls wraps up The Perfectionists duology in typical Sara Shepard fashion: even more murders are committed and solved by our intrepid teens and their bad decision making skills, romances are broken and remade, and the bad guy/girl/twins live on to fight another day.
Sara Santos
4.5
Woww what a book?!!😱
I was completely in shock.
Daniel Balici
If you haven't read yet any novels written by Sara Shepard one aspect that should convince you to pick up one of her books is the fact that they are simply unputdownable, addictive, vivid and very entertaining. Do you know that feeling when you thoroughly enjoy a TV series and instead of sleeping you keep watching it all night long like a madman? This the kind of experience that I have every time when reading one of her literary works. There is no doubt that the stories she writes are bound to b ...more
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Noella
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow... The Good Girls was a hair-raising conclusion to the Perfectionists duology. Ava, Caitlin, Julie, Mac and Parker are panicking after Alex called the cops on them and they've become the prime suspects in the murder case of their teacher. To make matters even worse, more people have been murdered and they can't help but feel responsible because in one of their classes together, they did talk about who they each wished were dead and those people were the ones turning up dead.

When my suspicio
Candela
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I had to describe this book in one word it would be MIND-BLOWING. It was just, WOW. I certainly didn't see that coming! And I usually can tell Sara Shepard's plot twists before they happen, but not this one! It caught me completelty off-guard and made the story so not like Pretty Little Liars. Even though all the girl's particular stories ended up a little by lightly, I think it was a very good finale for the series. Once again, Sara was able to write a page turning story with defined charact ...more
Lexi304
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I loved this book, it was about 10 times better then the first book 'The Perfectionists'... It was hooking how more people on the list were dying! When I found out who the killer was my jaw dropped, then when I found out the twisted story behind it my jaw was on the floor! Overall: Great book 5stars
Chase Coe
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Sara, yaaass. Go awffff. This was so amazing. Definitely did not see the twist coming... (Even if it reminded me of *spoiler alert kinda* Vanishing Girls)
Bee
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
Felt the ending was a little bit of a cop-out and I wasn't surprised by the BIG REVEAL at all.
Cheyenne
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit Sara literally blows my mind. She ALWAYS throws something unexpected in her books and the huge curve ball we receive is mind blowing. God I want more of these books in this series. I need more answers. I literally like I want to write so much but don’t want to spoil it because it’s just that good. I absolutely LOVE Sara’s books and have never been disappointed in one yet.
Kat ∞
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 again.

I really enjoyed this book however I took half a star off because 1. I feel like it dragged a little bit 2. It would have made a better tv show but that's just my opinion.

(view spoiler)
Amy
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK WAS ABSOLUTLY ANOTHER PERFECF PIECE FROM SARA SHEPARD! That woman write such sick but great great GREAT stories. I loved how it all turend out and I've read this non-stop in one evening. 4 stars! <3 ...more

• One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Todxs tenemos un amor pendiente: #ElArteDeNegar
  • My Dad Wears Prison Blues
  • Two Can Keep a Secret
  • Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn, #3)
  • One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1)
  • All Your Twisted Secrets
  • Pretending to Be Erica
  • Seguimos siendo tú y yo (Love Army 2)
  • Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)
  • The Cheerleaders
  • Tiny Pretty Things (Tiny Pretty Things, #1)
  • Mi primer amor (Love Army 1)
  • Starlie. Amistades Imperfectas
  • Get Dirty (Don't Get Mad, #2)
  • Shiny Broken Pieces (Tiny Pretty Things, #2)
  • People Like Us
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.

The Perfectionists (2 books)
  • The Perfectionists (The Perfectionists, #1)