Start by marking “Primal (Overwatch, #3)” as Want to Read:
Primal (Overwatch, #3)

Primal

(Overwatch #3)

BDSM club owner Adam Kessler is no one’s hero. He joined the army to get away from the gang-life that had taken his brother, only to come home to heartache. He doesn’t hide his dominant side, and he doesn’t hesitate in his need to protect or enforce his particular brand of retribution on those who’ve earned it. There’s no way in hell he could walk past a man hassling a wom ...more
Published October 14th 2014 by White Hot Books

To ask other readers questions about Primal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal

Pam
Nov 05, 2014 rated it liked it
She was built to heal. He was built to harm.

She was a doctor in designer clothes with a classy car and manners that spoke of high society. He was a gym rat and a sex club owner who did odd mercenary jobs for financial and emotional reasons.

Adam is a natural protector, driven by his past and his own demons, he protects anyone who needs it...so when he hears Olivia, a.k.a Beauty, scream he doesn't hesitate to fight off the bad guys and stick around long after until she is safe. A
Ilze
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was ok.

description

I read the words 'BDSM club owner Adam Kessler' and I couldn't wait to start it. I was hoping it will be something similar toClub Shadowlands, but unfortunately it was not. It did include hot sex scenes and mild bdsm, and if you are looking for introduction to bdsm genre this book is perfect for that, because it explains dominant and submissive relationships.

description

After an evening drinks with her friend Olivia Lang is attacked in a parking lot, before anything really bad happens, she is sav
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Copy received via netgalley in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Erotic Romance
Series : - 1st in the series (there is a previous story marked as 0.5)
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - No
Rating - 2

★Review★

I have to admit, this started off quite strongly, the p
Jessica Alcazar
ARC kindly provided by Sasha White & NetGalley for an honest review.

I just now finished and I have to tell you ... review to come ... because I have to let the goodness that is Adam and Olivia sink in before I can properly review this book :) So stay tuned ...

Review that I hope will do this semi-short book justice ... :)

Meet Olivia: "I'm going to think about you," she spoke quickly, before he could hang up. "When I'm in bed tonight. And just so you know, it won't be tomorrow, but I'm going t
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided through NetGalley by author for an honest review.

3.5 SOULMATE STARS

Adam Kessler meets Psychologist Olivia Lang when he's saves her from an attack. They have an immediate connection. But Adam thinks she's too good for him. Olivia works to make sure Adam knows they are both more than their backgrounds. Adam introduces her to his world and BDSM club, which Olivia takes to and finds who she really is because she feels safe with Adam.

I liked the story, but felt that there could have be
Melissa
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*~* I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review *~*

Loved, Loved, Loved it!!!!!!

Olivia is a Psychologist that finders herself in a situation that has a super hot, good samaritan to her rescue. She is instantly overcome with a sexual desire she never known. She is smart and knows what she wants and with a little encouragement from her friend Jazz she finally acts on darker desires.

Adam is there when she needed him and didn't know him. He is a man with a past and a BDSM club owner. He is ver
Mariℓina
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Meh! Although the beginning was good the rest of it, can be described as mostly tedious, meaningless and weak. And i'm not even counting the abrupt end, that held no real closure for the story.

Olivia and Adam had a nice start, yes, but after their first encounter it went downhill. Blurry storyline, bland characters, insta-love and secrets that were worthy of an eyerolling award..

I found the lack of sentimentality, disturbing, and the writing absolutely disjointed. The spasmodic movements to crea
Annie Slasher (Booked & Loaded)
This is an original review from http://bookedandloaded.com All opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.

Primal is packed full of raw Alpha male and Sasha White delivers a full out erotic romance with a great story line in this first Overwatch series title.

As you probably have noticed, I don't read a ton of books outside the realm of paranormal, but have been venturing out a little more in the last year or so. Primal is a book I would not have previously read based on the sole fact
Rachael Orman
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I was so excited to get Adam's story after seeing a bit of him in Unfettered. Sadly though, I felt like it shouldn't have been classified at all as BDSM. He owns a BDSM club, but that's about as deep into we get. There was so much potential that I felt was missed there with her potential drama that had the build up sort of there only to end after two lines. Since that was the only drama in the story minu
Talk Books To Me
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Karia’s thoughts…

Whether it is book one or book two (after reading it, I realized that book 1 was Ian’s book), I still enjoyed this introduction to the “Overwatch” club. To overwatch means to have someone’s back, to be their eyes usually from a higher vantage point to see what they themselves don’t. Adam is such a protector. He thrives on watching and caring for others. While growing up in the hard parts of LA, he escaped gang life by joining the military. Fast forward a less than cute meet-cute
Angie
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

Holy hotness! I love this series and each book makes me want more and can’t wait for the next installment. Even though I thought this story could have been longer and ended abruptly I still enjoyed it. I love Adam and how fiercely he protects those he cares about. I was so happy that Olivia went for what she wanted instead of playing the woman who waits around for the man. It was a refreshing change to have the
Ruby's Book reviews
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
***I was given an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review**

I usually don't read books about BDSM, but I thought I'd give this book a chance. I was pleasantly surprised. This wasn't your usual hard core BDSM book, but rather a milder one. Yes, there are some pretty hot sex scenes but I must say I really did like the story.

The story is about a ex-army, now BDSM club owner Adam who comes to the aid of a older woman, Olivia. After saving her from nearly getting raped, they find themselve
RoloPoloBookBlog
Primal by Sasha White
Series: Book #2: Overwatch Series
Source: Netgalley
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

Adam Kessler is not what the world thinks he is. As far as anyone knows, Adam is an ex-soldier who owns Overwatch and stays mostly to himself. What the world doesn’t see is Adam’s fiercely loyal streak that began when he was young and has only increased in intensity as he has grown older. To those Adam calls his own, there is never any questioning his loyalty and to what lengths he will go to in
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Adam Kessler doesn’t want to be anyone’s hero, yet he finds himself as a part-time vigilante for hire, and one evening when out for a run, he rescues Olivia Hamilton from being mugged and raped. Afraid her desires for him are caused by the adrenaline of the moment, Adam rejects Olivia’s welcome arms the night of her attack, waiting to see if she’d call him after she comes to her senses.

Dr. Olivia Hamilton is a well-established psychologist and a very independent woman. She realizes her feelings
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014
The “BDSM club genre” of books is a market flooded by authors all wanting to be part of this acceptable, trendy erotica movement. The problem is unless you have an exceptional story to go along with the over used clichés, leather cuffs, implements, pieces of equipment, alpha Doms, and submissive females (almost all new to the lifestyle) the book becomes just another re-hash of the same old stuff.

There are several authors who have been in this genre for quite some time now and have some fantasti
bookaholic ge
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can I just start by saying this book was HOT!!!

Adam is ex military and owns an BDSM night club that is very discreet and is all about protecting his clients. Although Adam does not consider himself a hero he does not hesitate to help Olivia Hamilton when she is fighting not only for her life but her virtue when some hoodlums try and rob and rape her.

Although I first thought this book would be the classic bad boy from the hood meets uptown girl with a silver spoon in her mouth, it was so much mo
Mel
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
First I want to say that I really wish I had searched for Primal on Goodreads before requesting it for review purposes on NetGalley. Why? Because it is the second novella in Sasha White's Overlook series. While it wasn't necessary to read the first book in the series to follow Primal, I certainly felt like I missed out on things. That said, I'm very interested in reading about Ian and Veronica and plan to pick up book one.

Primal was exactly what I was looking for in a hot, short BDSM read. Adam
Kim
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm-romance
I really loved Olivia and Adam, especially because they were both mature characters. This is a rare find in books these days and it seems this series is going to be full of them. Yes!

The only drawback is these are really short fast reads but at the same time you get a full story. There are some things I would like to see fleshed out at the end but you are left satisfied. Although you are left wanting to get more at the same time, or at least I am.

There were only two things in this book that I di
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Primal is hot and sexy. I couldn't get enough of Adam. I really am loving his character. Nothing beats a cocksure alpha male and Adam definitely has that dominant thing down. He's ex military, I would have loved to see a little more into his background with the side jobs, more than just the little mention at the beginning and end when he is explaining who he is. Being an owner in Overwatch, a BDSM club, he has always bee
Paige Helling
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to read Primal as soon as I read the synopsis and let's not forget to mention that cover! Woo-ee, it is HOT!! I was expecting a great read with that synopsis and cover and Ms. White did not disappoint me at all! I loved reading this book!!

Dr. Olivia Hamilton, despite growing up in Beverly Hills, is not a stuck up snob. There's no doubt that she's a lady, but she's a warm, good, and kind person. Olivia is strong, smart, and she doesn't hold back from Adam. She was a great heroine and I
Tali
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
A free copy of this book was provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Primal is the story of Adam, an ex-military man, who rescues Olivia, a psychologist, when she is attacked after a night out with a friend.
This is a fairly decent story, although not quite as BDSM-y as the blurb would have you believe. Adam and Olivia were both interesting characters, although Olivia seemed to be a bit hot and cold with how she reacted to Adam's continuing life of violence. One minute she's telli
Fran
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I had high expectations for this book... A BDSM club owner with a dark past, things certainly can't go wrong, can they? Unfortunately all I felt was a huge disappointment.
Where the general story was intriguing enough, the chemistry between the characters seemed forced and I wasn't able to connect with any of them. Things happened a little too easily and, to be honest, Olivia's reaction to one particular situation appeared too unrealistic.
Now, I know what I'm about to say is subject to personal t
Niccisbookblog
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW

MMMHMM Adam is mighty fine! and this book rocks, with each book it makes me want more and can’t wait for the next installment.
This wasn't your usual hard core BDSM book, its a milder one, but it still has some hot sex scenes.
The plot was great and Adam and Olivia were both interesting characters and pulled you into there world.
I love Adam and how fiercely he protects his friends those he cares about.
The relationship that develops between Adam and Olivia is smoking hot, there chemistry
Mary
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Adam is a man with strict code of honor and nothing and no one gets in his way when it comes to protecting those they cannot protect themselves.

Olivia is a from the right side of the tracks, being sheltered most of her life until she willingly left the cloying arms of her family for a more realistic life as a psychiatrist who counseled victims of trauma.

When Adam comes to Olivia's rescue, she is immediately stunned by her re
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

Hot, hot, hot. The title describes this story perfectly, and yet there are some very refined moments too. Adam is a perfect man, with, at times, not such a unsullied job. Olivia, it transpires, is his perfect woman. Neither of them ever thought such a person existed, and yet they embrace each other, and bring us along for the ride. The book moves seamlessly from one point of view to the other, which enriches the journey an
Heather andrews
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes a man has to know things and Adam he doesn't beat around the bush, "are you here just to get laid, or are you interested in me as a man and a person?" He stepped closer, reached out to grasp her hand and her wildly careening thoughts calmed. "I'm asking because I want to know if you're staying for dinner after I eff you so hard you're gonna have trouble walking tomorrow." He's really not afraid to voice anything with Olivia, "don't silence yourself or hide from me. I want to hear you. ...more
Kristi
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Adam and Olivia meet when he saves her from danger. Yep, another awesome alpha. It's really not a cliché story, rather an original plot and nice change. Sort of like Kallypso Masters, if you've read that series. The characters are interesting and just enough of their back story is provided. The passion is hot and the drama is high when these two admit their attraction to each other.
This can be read as a standalone, but I enjoyed book #1 in this series and enjoyed seeing everyone return in this b
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
3.5 Stars......

This book was steamy in many ways but it was also a little short. Being that it was short makes it hard to connect with the characters. Im interested to see more of this series but, I hope that the books get a little longer.

I was excited about reading Adam's book because I liked him in the first novella. In this book you get to see a bit into his past as well as see how hot he can be in the bedroom. The only thing that i really thought was missing was the BDSM aspect of the story
Tammy
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, own, kindle
Adam, ex-military, comes to Olivia’s rescue when she is attacked and almost raped. Adam is very protective of those he cares about, so once he rescues Olivia they find themselves attracted to each other and decide to act on that attraction. Adam asks Olivia to be in a Dom/Sub relationship, she agrees, and Adam likes showing her what that lifestyle is like.

Olivia seemed kind of wishy-washy about Adam’s life of violence. One minute it doesn’t matter to her and then again she is upset and yelling
Khulood
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2014

This was an enjoyable read. I liked that Adam is into BDSM but is not a complete jerk! And Olivia being older (mid-forties) was a nice change from most of the stories were the female lead is either barely legal or completely naive.

The multiple POVs was hard to keep up with, I found myself having to re-read the page to figure out if it is the same characters or there was a jump to the side characters - Also, the side characters took a large portion of the book which happens to be only 1
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Kept
  • Going Under (Falling Under, #1)
  • Riding Steele: Crossroads (Riding Steele, #5)
  • Triage (Doctor Dom, #1)
  • Maid for It
  • Every Part of You: Taunts Me (Every Part of You, #3)
  • A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2)
  • Own (Command Force Alpha, #1)
  • His Secret Desire 1 (His Secret Desire, #1)
  • Not Your Damn Submissive (Denial, #1)
  • Telling Tales
  • Misconduct (Birmingham Rebels, #4)
  • Take the Heat
Read Something White Hot.
Gifted with a salacious imagination, National Bestselling Author Sasha White’s brand of Romance with Heat, and Erotica with Heart is all about sassy women and sexy men. With a voice that is called “distinctive and delicious” by The Romance Studio, this Canadian author has become a reader favorite.

After over 20 years as a waitress/bartender and world traveller, Sasha now wo

Overwatch (4 books)
  • Unfettered (Overwatch, #1)
  • Unabashed (Overwatch #2)
  • Carnal (Overwatch, #4)