Start by marking “The Camelot Kids: Volume One (The Camelot Kids, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
The Camelot Kids: Volume One (The Camelot Kids, #1-4)

Read Excerpt

The Camelot Kids: Volume One

(The Camelot Kids #1-4)

Here it is! The complete collection of The Camelot Kids Parts 1-4, with new illustrations and extra story.

The Camelot Kids is a series that tells the story of Simon Sharp, a 14-year-old orphan. Simon isn’t a normal teenager. He’s a kid on a mission. He's determined to find a place to belong.

If you ask him how his parents died, he'll tell you King Arthur killed them. They
Published December 11th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Camelot Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Camelot Kids

Start your review of The Camelot Kids: Volume One (The Camelot Kids, #1-4)
Kimber Wheaton
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

The Camelot Kids is a fun adventure perfect for both the middle grade and YA audience. Fast-paced, featuring wonderful illustrations, this book is sure to please fans of fantasy and Arthurian Legend.

The story starts out rather sad, with the death of Simon's parents in a plane crash while searching for proof of Camelot. Simon's life as an orphan was far from easy. When he's taken in by an estranged uncle in Scotland, things tak
Jemima Pett
A fascinating and mind-booggling adventure through Arthurian legend with a totally modern twist. Review to follow.
Noa Bash
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-series
The Short:
I don't think I have had such a fun time with a book since I read Percy Jackson. To put this simply: I loved this book. It was very well paced, and the world was magnificent. I am just blown away. Throughout the book there are illustrations of things that are particularly hard to imagine, and they were all beautiful. I do know somethings about Arthurian legends, and this book just made me want to read more about King Arthur. This book was just great.

The Good:
Like I said, the illust
S.W.
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, fantasy, owned
A great tale of adventure
I read this book as it was originally released (in 4 parts). I have posted separate reviews for each part, however, I offer the following comments in summary.

Simon's tale is underpinned by the search for the truth behind the disappearance of his parents. Zackheim has created a wonderful world that lies beyond the realms of the real world. The characters are likeable and each has their own unique history, which is the essence of how they all come together. The question re
Charissa Wilkinson
I received this book as part of the Goodreads’ First Reads Program for the purpose of a fair and honest review.

Overview: Simon Sharp doesn’t believe in the legends concerning King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. That’s too bad, because a troll, a wizard-in-training, and Merlin himself all have some special news for him. It’s a doozy too. He is Sir Lancelot’s heir, and Camelot needs him. Can this get any worse?

Likes: What can I say? Part of my attraction to epic fantasy is the magic th
Lindsay
The Camelot Kids by Ben Zackheim The Camelot kids is packed with adventures and action. It great for all ages of kids. Simon finds out his parents died. Simon want to find a place to belong. He starts to have dreams. A place named Camelot. Is there really a place called New Camelot?

Someone is trying to find him and wants him dead. Who could want him dead? He meets up with several different kids and is thrown from one action to another. He seem to be trying survive. Who could be King Arthur, Lan
Tia Bach
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun, entertaining read!

Simon is a descendant of Sir Lancelot, but he's just lost his parents and not ready for Merlin to recruit him to a teenage New Camelot. Yet, he's pulled in and the adventure begins.

Late elementary and early middle school students, in particular, will enjoy these characters and adventures. It reminded me of Percy Jackson and the Rick Riordan series. Plus, the illustrations inside the book were amazing and reminiscent of Harry Potter illustrations.

Although it's quite
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for a honest review.

This was a great book. It was fun and quirky and provided a new spin on the Camelot tales. I would recommend this for young adults and middle school aged children. I plan to let my step-son read this after he finishes the series he is currently reading. Highly recommend.
Lanise
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
I received this book for free from the author and TLC Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Now I have to tell you upfront that I’m not a major fan of young adult (YA) novels. It’s not that I don’t like YA. It’s just not a genre I read a whole lot of. So I when I was asked if I would review The Camelot Kids series by Ben Zackheim, I took one look at the book and said sure, why not. The artwork looked cool. And, boy, was I surprised. I really liked this YA fantasy for its wild and whimsica ...more
Kitty_ranma
Reminiscent..."
I enjoyed this even though my first thought was when did Kyo Kara Maoh become a book on tape. The ending had me thinking the same but about Disney's Avalon High. I listened to this all in one day, it's a lot of fun.
Great narration, instantly drew me in.
A keeper I'll definitely be listening to it again and I can't wait for the next part.
I received this audio book at my request by the author, publisher or narrator. For a unbiased review.
Reasons I enjoyed this book:
Action-packed, Ea
J
May 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Starts good, but seriously starts to drag after arriving in Camelot and I just got bored with all the downtime.
Rebecca Douglass
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, sf-fantasy
First things first: I "met" the author through Goodreads, and have shared space with him in the Bookelves Anthology projects. I have also reviewed and totally loved his Shirley Link mysteries for middle-grade readers. That said, I was honestly thrilled to win the giveaway, and my review reflects my honest opinion.

I also want to clear up something that had me confused, a little. This book combines four books into one volume (and one continuous story, to be fair), which explains the high page coun
Belle Wong
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
The first half does lag – we get a lot of information during the first half, none of it in infodump format, thankfully, but while it is interesting, it isn’t of the page-turning, what happens next variety. The second half manages to do both (trust me, a lot goes on in the second half). I would have also liked the main villain to have been more credible in his/her/its role (keeping you in suspense here!). And more made of what finally happens with Excalibur. Overall, this is an original middle gr ...more
Michael Dally
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Won this book through a goodreads giveaway.

Ended up reading this book to my 8 year old daughter and we both really enjoyed it. I think for a child reading alone this book would probably be more suited for a middle school aged reader, but as far as content goes it's suitable for most ages. There is a small amount of violence, but nothing graphic. I would definately put this on the same level as the early Harry Potter books as far as an imaginative world, exciting plot, and great writting style. T
ee
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway.

The book is aimed at kids so I probably shouldn't have entered. Regardless, it was an easy read and fairly enjoyable. Would recommend for ages 8-12, or as a bedtime story for younger ones.
Beth Mitchell parker
Teressa
Savannah
Mauoijenn
Nov 28, 2014
Great Middle Grad...: * BOTM for April is The Camelot Kids (Book 1) 8 25 May 04, 2017 08:44PM
Sign up for Ben's newsletter and enjoy discounts, perks and peeks at his upcoming releases at http://www.benzackheim.com

Ben's storytelling adventures started as a Production Assistant on the set of the film, A River Runs Throught It. After forgetting to bring the crew's walkie talkies, losing Robert Redford's jacket and asking Brad Pitt if he was related to Paul Newman (in front of Paul Newman) he

The Camelot Kids (5 books)
  • The Camelot Kids: Part One (The Camelot Kids, #1)
  • The Camelot Kids: Part Two (The Camelot Kids, #2)
  • The Camelot Kids: Part Three (The Camelot Kids, #3)
  • The Camelot Kids: Part Four (The Camelot Kids, #4)