Start by marking “Unhonored (The Nightbirds, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unhonored (The Nightbirds, #2)

Unhonored

(The Nightbirds #2)

A spellbinding tale by the bestselling cocreators of Dragonlance and Ravenloft and the exciting sequel to Unwept

Ellis Harkington is trapped in limbo between life and death, struggling to escape the domination of an evil force masquerading as her friend, Merrick. Only Ellis has ever escaped him, and now that she has discovered the truth, he wants to make sure she can never
Published October 11th 2016 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Unhonored, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unhonored

Start your review of Unhonored (The Nightbirds, #2)
Colleen
2 Stars

Unhonored was an impulse grab from the new release shelf at the library. I did not look that closely, but a glance at the description intrigued me. I probably should have looked a little closer though, because there were a couple of things that I overlooked.

The first thing was that I thought the title said Dishonored not Unhonored. I mean, unhonored is technically a word, but it is an awkward one. It also did not seem to tie to the story in any way. The only reason for the title appeared
Alicia Miller
Jan 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2019
I’m not sure I’ve ever one-starred a book before, but if one ever deserved it, that is this book for sure.
Good Lord, it’s just bad. There is barely a plot, so I can’t even say execution of said plot was terrible. The characters may as well be nameless spirits aimlessly wandering the pages of this story because they are just voices that ask each other questions. Questions, I might add, that don’t get answered. Reading this made me feel like the third wheel: these ‘characters’ are trying to piece
Sara
Jul 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
I read both of these to satisfy two categories in a reading challenge: A book with two authors; and A book with a one-word title. Thankfully they are quick reads. Both books in the series are repetitive and puzzling. This book was very much like being lost in a house of mirrors, which I assume was the intent. Neither book has any sort of real climax or resolution.Not recommended unless you like that sort of thing.
Clay Kallam
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sf-fantasy
Tracy Hickman is best known for his high fantasy with Margaret Weis, but “Unhonored” (Tor, $24.99, 268 pages), the second of the Nightbirds’ novels, has little in common with his previous work. Instead, “Unhonored,” co-written with his wife Laura, is a psychological novel that brings the inner demons – and angels – of the protagonist to life in a strange dreamlike world.

As with most volume twos, there’s more setup than resolution, and clearly there are plot twists that need to be unraveled down
Rianna Stahl
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic book, very gripping to read. A little bit heavy on the teenage-style love-triangle, but as teen women are the biggest reading demographic why not. As an adult I still throughout enjoyed this book, the story was very engaging and the mystery unfolded with plenty of juicy jellybeans for the readers! I'm very excited for when the next one comes out :)
Melia
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for the next one!!
Mic
Nov 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Another boring slog through a book lacking in adventure or originality. Creating worlds in the extreme here, and yet my attention wandered because the world was sooooooo boring.

I read the first two books of the series. Book 3 I will not pursue. In fact I suggest the authors abandon this series post haste lest they destroy their literary reputations. This series leads me to think they've run out of creativity and now work with the same formulas that word grinders use.
Caroline Patty-cake
I have enough nightmares and this book is like reading a bad nightmare. I can see how some may like it. Well written, just not my style.
Adam D.
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: popular
The Nightbirds books are wonderfully written gothic mysteries. Never has the trip through purgatory been so classy! I eagerly await the next entry in this series.
Deven Elliott
Nov 13, 2016
Mary
Mar 29, 2017
Tracy Hickman
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tiana
Apr 02, 2020
Tracy Hickman
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jwoodhull
Karen Sanders
Dec 05, 2016
Jeanne
Nov 01, 2018

• Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2)
  • Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1)
  • Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #3)
  • Exile (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #2)
  • Sojourn (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #3)
  • The Floating Island (The Lost Journals of Ven Polypheme, #1)
  • Homeland (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #1)
  • The Course of True Love [and First Dates] (The Bane Chronicles, #10)
  • The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • Martin the Warrior (Redwall, #6)
  • Return to Firetop Mountain (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #16)
  • Passage to Dawn (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #4; Legend of Drizzt, #10)
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • While Beauty Slept
  • The Land of Painted Caves
  • Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)
  • Les Montagnes hallucinées : Tome 2
NYT Best-selling fantasy authors Tracy Hickman, with his wife Laura, began their journey across the 'Sea of Possibilities' as the creators of 'Dragonlance' and their voyage continues into new areas with the 'Drakis' trilogy, 'Wayne of Gotham', a Batman novel for DC Comics and his 'Dragon's Bard' collector's series . Tracy has over fifty books currently in print in most languages around the worl ...more

The Nightbirds (2 books)
  • Unwept (The Nightbirds, #1)