Start by marking “Dannati (Dannati, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dannati (Dannati, #1)

Dannati

(Down #1)

Immagina di trovarti all’improvviso in un mondo simile al nostro, ma completamente diverso.
Un mondo dove sono confinati tutti i malvagi vissuti sulla Terra dall’inizio dei tempi.
Un mondo dove tu sei l’unico «vivo».
Quel mondo è l’Inferno e tu hai un solo obiettivo: tornare a casa.

Lo chiamano Oltre. Alcuni sono appena arrivati in quel mondo così simile al nostro eppure
Hardcover, Narrativa Nord, 416 pages
Published September 25th 2014 by Nord

To ask other readers questions about Dannati, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dannati

Start your review of Dannati (Dannati, #1)
Anna Maria
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Despite this book is not the best that I read of Glenn Cooper, I found it very interesting and I enjoyed reading Mr. Cooper’s world of the “Down”. The book did end on cliffhanger, not unexpected since this is the first in a trilogy. I absolutely want to read “Down: Portal” the next in the series … infact I started yesterday!! My curiosity is peaked too much not to.
If you like fantasy, science fiction and adventure with a bent for history, you must absolutely read this book, it will capture you.
bookreaderinluv
This gave me so much anxiety. There was problems after problems. I just couldn't read the next of the trilogy because I might actually gag for how much this made me feel bad.
Christine
Poor room service – bad weather – a one star hotel … these are all things that would make you describe a recent trip as “the vacation from hell” but Emily Loughty gets a totally unexpected vacation “in Hell” … not so affectionately referred to as “the Down” by it’s unfortunate residents.

Emily is the research director for the world’s largest super-collider, many times larger than it’s cousin in Cern, as it tunnels its way around London. On that fateful day they fire it up, hoping to make history.
So, I Read This Book Today
“I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.” - William Tecumseh Sherman

“What's interesting about science is that we're constantly discovering new things about the universe, about ourselves, about our bodies, about diseases, about the possibilities of the future. It's amazing. Science is one of the coolest things about
Francesco
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay so. I don’t really like the style of the book. It seems like the author writes like a newbie would... I liked the story, it was interesting and I’m looking forward to the next book BUT it did bother me to see women being portrayed as slightly weaker compared. To men. The female protagonist seemed very strong at first, but then was victim of one kidnap after the other, while the male character seemed almost invincible. Ugh, I hope the second book is better, cos ain’t nobody got time.
Koeur
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Publisher: Lascaux Media

Publishing Date: July 2015

ISBN: 9781515040842

Genre: SciFi

Rating: 3.4/5

Publisher Description: DOWN – Pinhole is the first book of an explosive new trilogy by international bestselling author, Glenn Cooper. A cross between DANTE’S INFERNO and GAME OF THRONES, DOWN is part historical thriller and part fantasy-adventure, a thought-provoking, page-turning, epic saga that explores the consequences of evil and transports readers to a world
Jason Schneeberger
Glenn Cooper is hands down one of the most underrated talents in the writing world today. DOWN:PINHOLE is the first book of a new trilogy he just released and it is a fascinating and extremely unique take on Hell.

The atom smasher machine has gotten quite a lot of buzz in the real world over the last couple of years and in this story, an even more powerful machine of the same type is being tested and during the test, it sends the scientist Emily to an alternate dimension which is Hell itself, in
C. Stuchl
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Down: Pinhole Glenn Cooper
OH, HELL !!!

But not the hell you think of. This is a radically different kind of hell. I'm not going to try to explain how this happened, it's way over my head. Something to to with coliders and a lot ot tech stuff.

John Camp, head of security and ex-military, likes Emily Loughty, the research director. During a test of the collider the power is allowed to go over the set limit and in a blink Emily is gone. She is replaced by a burly man who promptly runs out of the
Leonardo Patrignani
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Glenn Cooper's best novel since the 'Library of the Dead'. I had so much fun with this sort of "Third World War in Hell"... get ready for 494 pages of PURE ACTION!
Manuela
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic venture novel by this amazing American author.
I really love the "cinematic" language he uses to write his books.
There are mentions of few historic facts: history usually is parts and parcels of his novels.
This book is the first of a three novels saga: no, I'm not going to continue with the following chapters because the future chapters are similar to this one.
Trisha Griffiths
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being an avid fan of Glenn Cooper and read all his previous books, I will say this was not my favorite book, but it did not disappoint, he has an incredible mind, his scenarios are as individual as he is, keep up the good work. ..
Fernando Berdugo
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes, it’s predecible
⚰Rusty Bottoms ⚰
A funny premise of a rescue mission in hell where the main characters run into all the worst baddies of earth's history. Fun ride, but not the best writing from Cooper.
Janelle
Well written, however, the storyline didn’t hold my interest.
Sean
Disclaimer: ARC copy from Netgalley.

Down: Pinhole, by Glenn Cooper, is another great book! From the description: "DOWN – Pinhole is the first book of an explosive new trilogy by international bestselling author, Glenn Cooper. A cross between DANTE’S INFERNO and GAME OF THRONES, DOWN is part historical thriller and part fantasy-adventure, a thought-provoking, page-turning, epic saga that explores the consequences of evil and transports readers to a world unlike any they have ever experienced.

Lora Carney
I had mixed feelings about this story. I had read another of the author's books and enjoyed it, but I got caught up in this one very quickly, partly because the Physics involved in a hadron collider scenario had me drooling. The author clearly knows enough about the subject to make it realistic.

Another thing I liked about the story is that the primary characters, John and Emily, are grown-ups, 46 and 37 years old. The reading world is glutted with teenage and 20-something protagonists and though
Richard
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Certainly very different to any book I've read before, so nothing to really measure it against. Nothing particularly bad but equally nothing particularly brilliant. Am hardly itching to read the next book in the trilogy but dare say I will at some point. Personally I didn't find it as enjoyable to read as a couple of Glenn Cooper's other books.
Lillian Cummings
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily has been working towards this day for so long, the new system is ready for testing but someone wants to push the system even further than it is ready to go. Emily knows that something bad is about to happen but she never saw this coming. One moment Emily is in the lab the next moment she is gone but there is a strange dirty man in her place. What has happened to Emily and can she be found wherever.
The strange dirty man is actually from hell and he is a murderer that has been dead many
Bruno Di Giandomenico
The book is not bad. An accident in an advanced particle accelerator in UK send a woman scientist in another dimension where she finds men and women (just a few of them) which had committed some crime in their life. It looks like hell, an Earth with no sun and a perpetual gloomy sky.
People do not die here, they live almost forever, and the worst torture that can happen is to be thrown in a place to rot with other condemned people, apparently for all eternity.
The Earth is the same and the
Sunshyne
I got a Circular segment from the creator, Glenn Cooper and NetGalley in return for my fair survey.

I have perused a couple books by this writer already and knew I would be in for a scholarly treat with "Down: Pinhole" which is a section authentic thriller and dream experience and is a page turning epic that just clears you out.

John Camp is a previous military officer and heads security at a super-collider burrowed around London. He is involved with Emily Loughty, the chief of the collider
Cathleen
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from the author, Glenn Cooper and NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

I have read a few books by this author previously and knew I would be in for a literary treat with "Down: Pinhole" which is a part historical thriller and fantasy adventure and is a page turning epic that just blows you away.

John Camp is a former military officer and heads security at a super-collider tunneled around London. He is in a relationship with Emily Loughty, the director of the collider
Dave
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

If Down: Pinhole is to believed, the Christian idea of Hell is actually to be transported to Europe some time in the mid-18th Century. As if being thrown into pre-industrial society wasn't bad enough, you share your dismal demise with all of the nasty people from throughout history.

Borrowing the idea that the LHC in Switzerland would open up some sort of wormhole which will swallow the earth, Glenn Cooper
Federica
It's been such a long time since I last read a book by Glenn Cooper!

Even though this book has a different setting and a different set of characters from the other books I have read, I was able to find again what I had liked many years ago in G. Cooper's writing style.

First things first, Down is about two people doing a round journey to hell. It goes without saying that, willing or not, it must face a comparison to the greatest (and most famous) journey to hell that has ever been written. At
Zippergirl
This is a well written time shift book with a twist. Our heroes don't just wind up in another place and time, they go to hell. But who wants to spend three hundred pages in hell? It's a dreary, smelly, primitive place in shades of brown and gray, filled with criminals who can't die. These men, and it is mostly men, "stripped of the joys of family life, the humanity of building something for future generations, the camaraderie of noble common purposes, the belief that death might at least be an ...more
 Reading Divergence
Review: DOWN: PINHOLE by Glenn Cooper
[DOWN Series Book One]

I 've much enjoyed Glenn Cooper 's earlier thrillers and DOWN: PINHOLE is every bit as imaginative and adventurous. I love that it's based in modern science--specifically particle physics--and yet it also interweaves sci-fantasy [a term coined by Rod Serling] with historical accuracy, set in a fictional context. MAAC, the Massive Anglo-American Collided, located in Dartford, near London, is set to outshine the Large Hadron Collider at
Kim
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, n, kindle, 2015
Although this isn’t my usual genre of book, I did enjoy it. It takes you into another fantasy sci fi world.
During a test of the ‘collider’ they allow the power up to go over the limit it should and Emily who is the research director is gone and replaced by a big man who escapes into the city.. John Camp is head of security there and likes Emily. He offers to go through the pinhole to bring Emily back if he can find her.

‘Down’ houses some really evil characters from history who have been there
Pomello
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I just found this book on the shelves of a supermarket. Super offer! Cheap! I quickly read the story and got curious of it, couldn't resist at all.

I have to say it was quite a good surprise despite all the harsh comments I read around the web. I really enjoyed it, maybe 'cause I wasn't expecting much, but it worked in my opinion.

Dialogues are literally embarassing, that's definitely a down side. People expressing in different languages, talking about some very hard stuff and with no difficult at
Ann
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Down: Pinhole is the first in the Down trilogy by Glenn Cooper. Pinhole is the kind of science fiction I enjoy. You know it's make believe but there is certainly the possibility that something like this could happen. I think Pinhole is the fourth book I've read by this author and he definitely doesn't disappoint. Looking forward to the next in this series, Portal. I was given a copy to review. ...more
Janet
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good look forward to reading the next book
Antonio Mazzuero
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Nice ideas for the plot, but really not able to write...

• Niente di vero tranne gli occhi
  • Nessuno si salva da solo
  • L'uomo del labirinto
  • Io sono Dio
  • Ninfa dormiente (Teresa Battaglia, #2)
  • Trigger
  • Appunti di un venditore di donne
  • Io uccido
  • City
  • La cara norte del corazón
  • The Shadow of Fate (Touched, #0.5)
  • La bambina con il vestito blu
  • Il tailleur grigio
  • Nessuno sa di noi
  • The Ides of March
  • Sherlock Holmes: Uno studio in rosso
  • Bianca come il latte, rossa come il sangue
  • World Cup Wishes
Glenn Cooper is an internationally bestselling thriller writer.

Glenn was born in New York City and grew up in nearby White Plains. He attended White Plains High School before enrolling at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts where he graduated from Harvard with an honors degree in archaeology. He then attended Tufts University School of Medicine and did his post-doctoral training at the

Down (3 books)
  • La Porta delle Tenebre (Dannati, #2)
  • L'invasione delle tenebre (Dannati #3)