Start by marking “Her Brooding Italian Boss” as Want to Read:
Her Brooding Italian Boss

Her Brooding Italian Boss

From his assistant…to his muse!

Pregnant and broke, Laura Beth's only option is to take a job with brooding yet brilliant artist Antonio Bartulocci. He may be darkly handsome, but the fiery Italian proves to be a difficult boss!

Since his wife's betrayal, Antonio has been unable to pick up a brush. But captivated by Laura Beth's guileless beauty, he wonders if she could be
Published February 3rd 2015 by Harlequin (first published January 16th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Her Brooding Italian Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Brooding Italian Boss

Start your review of Her Brooding Italian Boss
Kathy
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015

Content: Mild language, mild innuendo, sexual references (she's pregnant and not married) but no sex scenes.
Paula Legate
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence

This book was really good. The passion between Laura Beth, and Antonio was felt throughout the pages of the book. Laura Beth, and Antonio and his father had been friends for many years. There had always been a spark of chemistry between Antonio and Laura Beth but the two had never acted on it.
Laura Beth had been sharing an apartment with her college roommates, and friends. Her friends had both found true love, and was getting married, and moving on. Laura Beth tried to be happy for her friend
Maria Mitchell
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received Her Brooding Italian Boss by author Susan Meier from Goodreads First Reads for free to review.

I enjoyed this story immensely. It went by very quickly and was an easy read.

Antonio's character was very interesting and wish more time had been spent going into his past. Raised in foster homes, he was found by his rich father later in his life. He is a world famous artist but hadn't created any new works since his wife died. The world assumes he's in morning. But really he's still
SuperWendy
Very heavy on The Rescue Fantasy, which is generally not my thing - but this author has written some very good angst in the past that I have enjoyed. However I ended up quitting on this book at 30% once I learned more about the hero's Evil First Wife. Her 15 minutes were almost up, so she married the hero - a rising star in the art world. She then played around on him, got pregnant (presumably with his child....), didn't tell him, then had an abortion. Not only did I find this insulting, I found ...more
Isha Coleman
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Her Brooding Italian Boss by: Susan Meier Susan Meier has done it again. She has a knack for creating engrossing and heartwarming reads. Her Brooding Italian Boss is a story of finding your way when you least expect it to happen. With a little bit of love thrown in. I loved this story. You will too.
HÜLYA
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Çok güzeldi etkili bir hikaye idi. Bu tür romanlar ümitlendiriyor beni..
Pauline Frost
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quick read but well written and perfectly paced pulling you in from the start. A second chance love that you do not want to miss. Love of family and friends get you through the hard parts of life.
Nancy Luebke
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this romance. It had a few twists to it and a bit of traveling. Lots going on for this. I voluntarily chose to review it after a library sale. It was a real page turner for me and a few tears. I've given it a 5 * rating.
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All romance lovers

"From his assistant…to his muse! " is what Laura Beth Mathews becomes when she takes up the job as personal assistant to the dark and brooding, famous artist Antonio Bartulocci who is haunted by demons of his past and antsy about keeping the beautiful and pregnant Laura Beth as his secretary who reminds him of the life and talent he once had and lost.
But Laura Beth is desperate for a job.
What will happen when these two collide, one desperate to earn
Italo Italophiles
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. To be honest, with that silly title I wasn't expecting much. It is a well-written clean contemporary romance featuring an Italian-American man, Antonio, and his Italian father. The young woman who falls for Antonio's honest charms and not and just his good looks, Laura Beth, benefits from the relationship just as much Antonio does.

"He was a good man, with a big heart and so much talent she almost couldn't fathom it."

That Antonio is in line to inherit his
Tony Parsons
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Laura Beth Mathews (personal assistant) has been left high/dry. She finds out that she has a bun in the oven. She was headed for her friend’s wedding.

Eloise (former roomate) was getting married to Ricky Richard Langley.
Olivia Prentiss Engle (former roommate, Antonio’s manager) was the matron of honor & Tucker Engle (husband) was the best man.
Antonio Bartulocci (son, artist) & Constanzo Bartulocci (father, billionaire) also knew the bride/groom.
Antonio wife Gisella Bartulocci had passed
LadyTechie
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Friends help friends in need. Laura Beth finds herself in a bit of spot when she is pregnant, about to lose her apartment and the father of the baby has walked away. Oh did I forget to mention that she still has not found her place in the job market after college graduation when her college roommates have not only found their niches but have also found men with whom to share their lives. There is one of their group that is still unattached and is a brilliant artist living in one of the most ...more
LadyTechie
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Whispers From
May 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Laura Beth finds herself pregnant and homeless. Antonio is widower and a painter and his dad hires her to be his PA. So she goes to his home in Italy and he wants to keep her at arms length. His wife was a adulterous narcissist. He doesn't trust easily. It's a fair story but what I didn't like was Laura Beth was constantly putting herself down. They would also repeat things that had already been told. Like why he didn't trust. Her going to give up hanging with rich people and then turn around ...more
Laura Hannaway
review This was a nice little read. This was both a good and a bad thing. It was well written and the characters were enjoyable, but there wasn't really any plot to speak of and the main characters were pretty bland. It was a nice way to pass a couple of hours, but there was nothing that really stood out or was particularly memorable.

* ARC provided by NetGalley in return for an honest review *
Laura Hannaway
Jan 26, 2015 rated it liked it

* ARC provided by NetGalley in return for an honest review *
Tara
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. It is a very sweet, heartfelt love story that includes friendship, love, loss, and how by facing your fears can put you in a better place. The couple is very sweet and easy to relate to. If you're looking for a sweet romantic love story this is it.
Jessica Figueroa
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgally
There is enough drama and romance to keep any reader wanting more. I loved the connection between Laura and Antonio. The book was well written and I really enjoyed the characters but there was something missing. I was hoping for a little bit more. Overall I enjoyed this book.
Harlequin Books
"What a heartwarming and unforgettable love story! One can’t help but adore the journey Laura and Antonio endure to find happiness again. Meier’s creativity and talent shine" (RT Book Reviews, 4 1/2 stars).
Vykki
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: enjoyable
An easy read romance novel. I enjoyed the tension between the characters I even enjoyed the plot twists. I won this book on good reads.
PWRL
Feb 18, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-new
O
Lynne Marshall
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this classic Harlequin Romance.
Joy
Feb 20, 2015
Angelia
Feb 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Best Friend to Wife and Mother?
  • Fractured Love (Off-Limits Romance, #3)
  • The Schemer (Harbor City, #3)
  • The Heiress's Secret Baby
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • The Charmer (Harbor City, #2)
  • Tomboy (The Hartigans, #3)
  • Muffin Top (The Hartigans, #2)
  • Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
  • The Boy Next Door (Off-Limits Romance, #2)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)
  • A Little Surprise for the Boss
  • Finn (Anderson Billionaires, #1)
  • Once Upon a Sure Thing (Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Star Struck (Lights, Camera, #2)
  • Hung (Mister Hotshot, #1)
  • One More Time
  • Once Upon a Wild Fling (Heartbreakers, #3)
Good morning! It's a beautiful sunny beginning to the day here in Western, Pennsylvania. I'm working on my 54th book. 54th! I'm very excited about that.

I've written some fun things ... those are the Silhouette Romance titles. I especially liked SNOWBOUND BABY which was book 3 of the Bryant Baby Bonanza series which also included BABY BEFORE BUSINESS and PRINCE BABY. But my favorites for Silhouette