Start by marking “Crossed (Soul Eaters, #3)” as Want to Read:
Crossed (Soul Eaters, #3)

Crossed

(Soul Eaters #3)

War is here.

Full-scale war has erupted between the Crusaders and demons and even Chi has to admit isn’t going well. Like any sensible rat, Meda’s eager to abandon the sinking ship but, unfortunately, her friends aren't nearly as pragmatic. Instead, Meda’s forced to try to keep them all alive until the dust settles.

As the Crusaders take more and more drastic measures, the
Published August 13th 2015 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Crossed, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Eliza Crewe
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I fly through the air, soaring over chaos, then slam into the opening of the world. I grip the edge just barely. Grit rolls under my hands and I slide back towards the hole, only barely catching myself with the very edge of my fingertips. I dangle over disaster, the roar of battling demons below, but I am unafraid. I am filled with nothing but smug damn victory.

I am Meda fucking Melange. There is no way in hell I’m letting go.
I don't know what to say. This is the final book in one of my favor
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I picked this book up because I'm horrible about starting series and then never finishing them. I have never even finished Harry Potter. If you finish them then that means the characters are gone!
I'm on a quest, to finish the multiple series that I started. I will probably fail, but I'm giving it a go. (I'll fail because I'll see a pretty book and get distracted)

Starting this one I kinda shook my head. The beginning just did not get it for me. I felt like the writing was kinda childish, so I ca
Eliza Crewe
Jul 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
UPDATE 10/29/2015: Canadians, CreateSpace now distributes to Canada, so if you've been waiting for the print edition, wait no more! http://amzn.to/1ilQ29d

CROSSED IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Kindle: http://amzn.to/1M7WB8F
Print: http://amzn.to/1M7WB8F
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1TO0XKh
Nook: http://bit.ly/1TM0dzR
Anne
This is how you end a trilogy!
Maybe this wasn't quite 5 star material, but I'm rounding up, because I think it deserves it for not being a huge letdown.
Like some other trilogies...

description

Alright, I'm really horrible at writing reviews for books that I loved, so this might not make any sense. It's just so hard to explain the feelings that come with realizing that the ending of a beloved series didn't suck!
It didn't suck at all!

description

These characters didn't morph into weird parodies of themselves, there w
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Vane, Evelyn, Burn and myself^^
Unplanned buddyread with Tamara. Do read her review when it's already posted. Thanks. <3

That was one bloody hell of a journey! (pun deliberately intended).

It’s no secret that I and almost everyone else who’s read this series are diehard fans of the infamous half-demon, half-crusader, part-beacon and part-human girl called Meda. That’s a lot of halves and parts because you really can’t break down the girl into only two things. So, if you haven’t met her yet, you’re seriously missing out on a
Aly (In Wonderland)

A demon's soul doesn't satisfy me the way a human's does. It's sweet-and-low to a living human's sugar. Still, a creeping satisfaction bubbles under my skin, the soul-drunk buzz that always accompanies the devouring of a soul.

Meda Melange is a back in a kick-ass, take-no-prisoners finale that will have you biting your nails in anticipation.

The demons have declared war on the Crusaders and it's not going well. Meda is ready to run away and leave the war behind, but Chi and Jo have other ideas
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
3.5
Despite the rating (hey, 3 stars means I liked it) this is still going down as one of my favorite YA series I've read. As a whole these books are a gem. Like, if you haven't checked these out? I have no idea why we are even friends.

...maybe

I can't stress enough how amazing the characters are. I know that was basically all I ranted about in the previous review. Maybe this time it'll get through your thick skulls. These characters are gold. I honestly believe they are what make the series. Me
Hiba
ATTENTION PEOPLE!!!!! READ THIS SERIES!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

It’s this, my own depravity, that makes me unable to condemn others for theirs, that makes me want to believe that no matter what mistakes I make, that there is forgiveness. There is hope.
I want to believe there’s a chance, Armand had said. Even for me.
That’s what rebirth gives the demons: hope. Hope can be a powerful thing. A spark of light in the dark, a star in a black night. An impetus to change, a motivation to transform. Something to
Natalie Monroe

"When someone loves you unconditionally and eternally, no matter what you do... Well, let's just say, it makes it hard to be an ass."

Hey, Meda?

If I know her, she'll definitely appreciate the subtle expression of love that comes with bodily tackling human beings. After all, she's the kind of gal that notices a gorgeous thousand-thread-count carpet and thinks:

"The carpet is luxuriously thick, the kind upon which you could sneak up on a person without even trying, the kind that would m
Vanessa J.
Review originally posted on Books With Chemistry (July 13th, 2015).

**And ARC was received via the author in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my opinion on the book.**

Well, this is the end of an era. Goodbye, Meda, Jo, Chi and Armand.

There's one thing you need to know about me, and no, it's not that I hate cats. What you need to know is that I absolutely abhor angels/demons books. Really, I hate them with all my soul. They're given for many things I hate in books. This book, how
Nasom
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
War has erupted between the Demons and Crusaders and the Crusaders are losing. Are they doomed forever or is there still a way to win this war?

This book is darker than previous books as it dives more into the demon world and we get to see how they truly live.

What I loved about this book is that it shows that people are hardly either good or bad, but mostly grey (except chi but I’ll get to that later).

- We have Meda who is probably the greyest of them all. She is ruthless but she is also fiercel
Robin (Bridge Four)
4.5 Girl Power Stars

You’ve read how many YA series where girl has a best friend but then meets a boy and everything becomes about him? The heroine becomes stupid over him and waves bye-bye to the best friend who is now delegated to the back seat…Meda is not that girl. Meda is the girl who might have the boy but will still go into hell for her BFF, literally. Don’t get me wrong Meda can still do romance…well sort of but it will never be roses and candy. Her idea of romance is not killing you, wh
Tess Burton
This will be me when I buy this book

description

Evelyn (devours and digests words)
'You can't spend your life apologizing for the terrible things you almost did. If I did that, I'd never have time to do anything else.' - Meda Melange.

I have decided that Angel/Demon books are simply not my cuppa so I will not lie but I'm not really blown off my feet with this one.

I'm also currently hiding out in an underground bunker with a lightbulb dangling above my head as I write this review just in case Meda comes hunting for me with her claws out ready to rip me apart for not finding this
Jilly
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: y-a, urban-fantasy
Best ending ever!

How do I contain myself enough to write something that is not simply fan-girl gushing? Sorry, I don't think I can. I will just fan-girl all over this shit!

I love Meda so much! She is my favorite anti-hero ever! I love the way she is sarcastically & unapologetically truthful & practical:

I have a rule about arguing with idiots. Don't.

The kids are slow and stupid, and need to be shushed repeatedly.

I stiff-arm and elbow them out of the way with the viciousness of the wannab
Rachel Maniacup
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rachel by: Aj the Ravenous Reader
I was so excited when I finally got ahold of this book,'cause I've been dying to know how would this series end,and that..I'm a fan of Meda and Jo's friendship!^^

The ending of this awesome series though,would have been perfect if the story lines have been more explored,and isn't been rushed a little. (I wonder why in most dystopian/fantasy series,the last book always end up in an abrupt manner..Does someone else notice this too?)-this is the 1st reason why I only rated it 4 stars.

And then,there'
Casey
July 7, 2015...
What's that you say, it's finally available for pre-order???
DONE.

This will be me when I finally get my hands on this book:

April 8, 2015...
There is a COVER!
And it's beautiful

And that blurb!!!
"As the Crusaders take more and more drastic measures, the tables turn and Meda suddenly finds herself in the role of voice of sanity. No one is more horrified than she is. When old enemies reappear as new allies and old friends become new enemies Meda has to decide—again—whose side she’s reall
Dilinna
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Safe to say this final book scared the shit right out of me!!!! Damn! I think this writer is magnificent...her descriptions are soo thorough and everything abt the story fell into place perfectly...

This book didnt get 5 stars as the rest did because all the characters got me super angry in this book...i wanted to smack everyone of them and the happily ever after wasnt so complete for me but all in all it was great. You all need to read this series for real! Amazing!!!

Annika
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
description
I am Meda fucking Melange. There is no way in hell I’m letting go.

In this review, I will both conclude my opinion on the entire trilogy and say a few words about this installment in particular. There might be some mild spoilers, so read on at your own risk. Any major spoiler will be tagged as such, though.

My thoughts on the trilogy:
This was hands down one of the best YA UF series I've come across in... ever, really.
One of its biggest assets was undoubtedly the cast. While each major character
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
*3.75/5 stars*

A lot better than book one for me, but not as amazing as book two. The plot a smidge dragged for me, whereas I flew through the second book at one go. Overall still a great conclusion to a unique and fun paranormal series about the not-so-evil-now Meda and not-so-goody-two-shoes-now Jo.

The tone of this book is darker than in the previous ones, and I guess it's the reason why I didn't get into it as much as book 2. I really love books with a bit of a dark theme, but... At its core,
Melanie
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
1.) Cracked ★★★★
2.) Crushed ★★★★

I've said it in both my other reviews, and I'll say it again in this one; Meda is the character that young adults need to read about. This series is, hands down, the best new YA series I've read. The only comparable series is Angelfall, and that ending fell flat, whereas this ending was strong and wonderfully written.
Joann H (Sshh!!! I'm reading)
description

This. Book. Was. PERFECT!!!! *squeals. Everything was on point: the writing, the plot, the humor, the action, the twists. It was just amazing. It's like Eliza Crewe had a sit down with me and asked me what I wanted to happen in the third book and the conversation went something like this:

(view spoiler)
Erica Ravenclaw
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Happy.

If I had to pick a single word for this book happy would be it. Excellent end to a great triology. DO READ.

I'm outiie.
Brandi
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it

There is something about an unapologetic character that gets me every time. Meda is consistently and completely amazing in all three books, and this conclusion was perfect for her story.

Meda and Jo are the ultimate in friendship goals. I want to be in their squad, and I’d be happy to take Armand off of Meda’s hands. Meda really stayed true to the kind of character she is and her progression was very organic from book one to book three. Jo had significant character development in this book, a
Susana
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone

Meda, my favourite Soul Eater... person is back! :D
And with her comes the usual array of cockiness, self-preservation and humility... *snort*, just seeing if you were paying attention, that are her known trademarks.

Now, what can I say about this story?
First of, I have to start by saying that this book surprised the hell out of me!
And in a most positive way.
It went "places" I never thought it could go. Both physically and morally.

There was so much depth to the characters as I'm not used in readin
Milena
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, re-read
This whole trilogy was awesome. I'm in love.
Brigid
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I want Meda Melange to eat my soul.

I feel like she would take care of it, like an angry mama bear caring for her cub in the face of danger. Meda is the type of person I would want cradling my soul in her insides forever. She’s vulgar, crude, and horrifyingly honest. She would show my soul a good time.

Pure raw goodness on a donut is what you will find here in this escapist of a novel. It’s beautifully fantastical, entertaining like Tae Kwon Do, and madness in a hat. You will smile. You will lau
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
WARNING. This review doesn't have any rants in it. Mostly

Gaaaaahhhhhh It was awesome!!

Meda is awesome. Bad Jo, not so much. Chi is the same, and Armand gives an interesting... ah, twist, to the plot. Not much of a twist, just enough to spice things up.

The book is written in Meda's POV. We have an insight to her thought, her feelings, he opinion, her understanding. She gets demons and Crusaders alike, seeing her heritage.

Also, the book brings a different view of Hell and Heaven. I'm not sure if
Alexa
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Oh Meda. I missed you so much!

This was a pretty good conclusion to a pretty awesome trilogy. I was incredibly happy with Jo's change, she's never been my favourite character and her twist in this book made complete sense to me.

All in all it was an incredibly satisfying read and a series that I'd recommend 100%.
Christopher
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, 2015
In my review of part 2 in this series, which is more angry rant than review, I mention that there are no good guys in this series. After finishing this, I believe, wonderfully, that is the entire point.
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong Page Number 2 15 Feb 11, 2018 03:48AM

• Covenant (The Books of Raziel, #2)
  • The Severed Tower (Conquered Earth, #2)
  • Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3)
  • Goong, Palace Story, Volume 27
  • ノラガミ 19 (Noragami: Stray God, #19)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
  • The Incubus Job (Mission: Magic #1)
  • Only Half Alive (Only, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, Vol. 5
  • 長歌行 1 [Chang Ge Xing 1]
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Incite (Ignite, #2)
  • Monarch (War of the Princes, #3)
  • Untitled (A Resurrection of Magic, #3)
  • Eden-South (Eden, #3)
  • Thistle & Thorne
  • デュラララ!! ×6
  • Armageddon (Angelbound Origins #7)

My Ratings:

5 stars = If I weren't taken, I'd marry this book and have its delightful little book babies.

4 stars = goin' steady (or whatever you crazy kids call it these days). So good I'd read it again.

3 stars = A great, one-time fling. I enjoyed it but it probably won't be a reread.

2 stars and below = The pretty thing didn't make it past the pick-up line. I don't rate these because I don't finis

Soul Eaters (3 books)
  • Cracked (Soul Eaters, #1)
  • Crushed (Soul Eaters, #2)
“Don’t confuse your desperate need to know everything with a regular human’s mere curiosity.” 2 likes
“And I did it for Him and He loves them. He betrayed us! Do you know why they get to come back from the dead to slaughter more and more of us? I thought it was some demon’s trick. That maybe we could fix that, too, or instead if our first mission failed.” Now she’s laughing at herself, at her naivety. “But He did it. Because He loves them. He loves the demons. He still loves them! After they sold their souls, after they’ve tortured the Templars and Beacons, and countless random innocents, He still loves them! He wants to give them time to change their minds before they’re committed to hell. He wants to give those murdering bastards the ability to be redeemed. They slaughtered my family, bathed in the blood of my friends, and He still loves them.” She looks at me and I see in her expression so much pain, so much bitterness, so much rage that I would have stepped back, had the demons not been holding me in place. The darkness that has taken over her personality since she became a demon becomes suddenly clear. After everything she has sacrificed to His cause she can’t understand how He can forgive her enemies.

But I do.

I do and it hits me with the force of a train.”
1 likes