Start by marking “Albert Einstein: The Human Side” as Want to Read:
Albert Einstein: The Human Side

Albert Einstein: The Human Side

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Modesty, humor, compassion, and wisdom are the traits most evident in these personal papers, most of them never before published, from the Einstein archives. The illustrious physicist wrote as thoughtfully to an Ohio fifth-grader, distressed by her discovery that scientists classify humans as animals, as to a Colorado banker, who asked whether he believed in a personal God ...more
Published May 21st 1981 by Princeton University Press (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Albert Einstein, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Albert Einstein

Srikanth D
Einstein was a genius, but his problems were very similar to that of ours. He cared for people around him,but also contradicted people around him. Historical events: off-course they were events in Einstein's life . How he responded to it ? wether they changed his course ? ...The Book records expressions and inclinations of Einstein. It is a good read. Narration in chunky blocks is some how interesting.
Giuseppe Sirugo
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A prescindere che le cose lette si possano trovare interessanti o meno su questo manuale si riscopre un lato più umano di Albert Einstein: sembrerà elementare o banale annotarlo ma se non altro, una parte di sé, dove il Premio Nobel per la fisica mette in evidenza che la propria vita non fu fatta solo di numeri ed equazioni.
Hung Nguy
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Giờ mới biết là thời ấy, thuyết tương đối của Einstein ở Đức thì bị Nazi cho là có tính Do Thái và Cộng sản, có thể đầu độc những suối nguồn của nền khoa học Đức; ở Xô thì còn đang bị tranh luận xem rằng nó có phù hợp với Chủ nghĩa Duy vật Biện chứng, nền tảng triết học của Chủ nghĩa Mác, hay không =)))
Kit
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kobobooks
I love it. A peek into him as a person.
The insights, views and humour he has.
As I read, I smiled. As I read, moments of strong feelings.
Stefano Zorba
Un libro che si intitola "Il lato umano" e sembra essere stato scritto da Albert Einstein? Incuriosisce, anzi, a dire la verità è quasi irresistibile.
Einstein è una figura affascinante, un archetipo del genio dell'uomo moderno. E leggere della sua vita nei giorni in cui la relatività ristretta è stata scoperta inesatta è conturbante.

Il libro non è stato scritto da Albert Einstein, e questa è la prima delusione. Sono solo pagine di diario, stralci di lettere e articoli contestualizzati da Helen D
Bahadirhan
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although it is not well ordered cronologically and make me feel like reading some random letter, you can easily understand his perspective about life, world and universe. If you know a lot about him already, this book may seem quite simple but there are still good points to read apart from clichés when we talk about him. Einstein is not a simple scientist for sure. He is also one of the best maybe just the best philosoph of 20.century. Inspite of this, he is completely decent and fair person as ...more
Danielle
Jan 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 20in10
Interesting perspective into Einstein, but not a great layout. The letters are not topically organized so there's no flow to the book. And they were only segments from the letters, so it further disrupted the flow. There were only a few notable quotes in the whole book from a life that is utterly fascinating. Not the best read, but Einstein is so fantastic that it's hard to not recommend at least browsing this book.
Prakrupalat Narongrit
ผมชอบวิธีคิดของไอสไตน เพราะตังอยูบนพืนฐานของความจริงแททีไมแปรผัน เขาคืออัจฉริยภาพในหมูมนุษยดานวัตถุทีเปนสสารทังปวง แลวทีนาสนใจไปกวาสิงใดกคือ เขาทิงบทความอันหนึงไวใหแกมนุษยในโลกไดฉุกคิด และเกียวของกับ "พระพุทธเจา" อยางนาสนใจ แนนอน..ไอสไตนเขายังคงตองการทำความรูทีเกียวกับพระพุทธเจาพระองคนีใหปรากฏ แตวาเวลาของเขาเหลืออยูนอยมาก เขาจึงฝากบทความในหนังสือเลมนีเอาไวใหมนุษยในโลกนีไดรวมกันศึกษา คือ พระพุทธศาสนา นันเอง. ...more
Erhan Kılıç
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Einstein'ın nasıl bir kişiliği olduğuna dair çıkarımlar, bu kitapta bize sunulan mektupları vasıtasıyla daha iyi yapılabilir. Bu kitap sayesinde Einstein'ın daha çok 19. yüzyıl insanı olduğu ve 20. yüzyıla ayak uyduramadığını daha iyi anladım.
Çok renkli bir kişiliği olduğu da rahatlıkla anlaşılıyor. Son sayfalardaki saf ve iyi niyetli bir kız ile mektuplaşmasını çok güzel buldum.
Alberto Schiariti
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Insomma... Una raccolta di lettere di Einstein che mettono in evidenza le doti di questo personaggio non da troppo tempo scomparso. Sicuramente curioso, però dal punto di vista più libresco, è giusto una mera raccolta senza una direzione precisa.
Cheryl
Oct 06, 2014 rated it liked it
An interesting book. Easy to read a little and put down and pick up later. It does show a different side to Einstein that is good to know. He was a good person, encouraging those who wrote to him and explaining his point of view.
Ahmad
Jan 16, 2015 added it
The Human side? Left or Right?
Lawliet
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Einstein'in nasıl bir kişiliğe sahip olduğunu gösteren müthiş bi kitap.

Espirili, iyi laf sokan, sevecen, çocuk düşkünü, dünya barışından yana, egosu olmayan müthiş bir bilim insanı.
Lawrence
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
recommended and gifted by ross chanowski

this is an incredible book. it does exactly what its title hints at: or shows Einstein as a full human being, with science as just one part of his identity; not his entire identity. the way in which he spoke out against oppression, acted with kindness and love towards everyone (dear friends, family, and strangers alike) sheds huge light on what it takes to actually be a figure that history cannot forget.
Malla-kun
Ettore1207
Aug 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • A Life in Letters
  • Brain Wars: The Scientific Battle Over the Existence of the Mind and the Proof That Will Change the Way We Live Our Lives
  • 1000 Lashes: Because I Say What I Think
  • The Language of the Third Reich: LTI--Lingua Tertii Imperii: A Philologist's Notebook
  • Speeches and Writings 1859–1865
  • Philosophy of Mind: A Contemporary Introduction
  • Einstein P
  • Theatre of the Mind: Raising the Curtain on Consciousness
  • Eylülün Gölgesinde Bir Yazdı
In 1879, Albert Einstein was born in Ulm, Germany. He completed his Ph.D. at the University of Zurich by 1909. His 1905 paper explaining the photoelectric effect, the basis of electronics, earned him the Nobel Prize in 1921. His first paper on Special Relativity Theory, also published in 1905, changed the world. After the rise of the Nazi party, Einstein made Princeton his permanent home, becoming ...more
“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.” 85 likes
“The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life.
To make this a living force and bring it to clear consciousness is perhaps the foremost task of education.
The foundation of morality should not be made dependent on myth nor tied to any authority lest doubt about the myth or about the legitimacy of the authority imperil the foundation of sound judgment and action.”
25 likes