Start by marking “Racing Hearts (Racing Hearts #1)” as Want to Read:
Racing Hearts (Racing Hearts #1)

Racing Hearts

(Racing Hearts #1)

Start your engines…

Eighteen-year-old Jesse Copeland learns of a local car race sponsored by his father's nemesis, Shep Bradley, and the prize money might be enough to keep his family from losing their home—if he can win.

Brooke, Shep’s daughter, is also aiming to compete, with or without her father’s approval. She’ll do whatever it takes to persuade Jesse to make her car ra
Published February 10th 2015 by Leap Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Racing Hearts, please sign up.

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
NOTE: This is my review of book one and two!

I always admire authors who can make a reader (especially me) emotionally invested even though the story is shorter from what they usually read. Laura Lascarso is just example of that author.

Racing Hearts is just what I'm looking for. Fast read with the right amount of steam and sweetness. The story being in Jesse's perspective is such a win for me! Like what I said from my previous reviews, male POV's is really rare for me to read, that's why I'm e
Jacqueline Horsfall
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've always been a fan of muscle cars, and I live near a famous raceway, so Book One of "Racing Hearts" drew me in right from the vividly-written street-action opening. NASCAR draws huge crowds, and I'd expect this book to appeal to young guys and girls following the circuit, especially if they're fans of Danica Patrick.

What really astounded me was the author's handle on automotive shop lingo: spun rod bearings, Holley 4-barrel carburetors, boring cylinders. Not a diagnostic manual run-down, bu
Tana
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Racing Hearts: Book One (Racing Hearts #1) is a novella written by Laura Lascarso. I found this novel is easy to read and the story flowed quite well, the character's are well written and you get to know Jesse and Brooke right away.

I won't say to much about the story but it is well written, great story line and in the end you want book 2 right away so you can see what happens to these two characters. Because who doesn't love cute guys and fast cars!!!

Laura Lascarso writing is excellent, her stor
Tawney
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
It was such a fast easy read that I couldn't put the book down. Jesse and Brooke were wonderfully written. I loved the whole Romeo and Juliet type vibe throughout the book. And the race cars? Intense ride!

Brooke needs Jesse to help her build a race car. When Jesse finally agrees the sparks fly! The two have great chemistry and smoldering scenes. The writing flows and the descriptions makes me feel like I'm right there in the raceway. The only thing I urned for was more! I wanted more scenes with
K.L. Hallam
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the male PoV here and Jesse is great. I'm learning so much about cars! And racing! It's pretty cool. The fast past matches the theme. I can't wait to read book two and see how his relationship with Brooke develops. Is she using him, is she going to beat him in the race? He's so busy and taking time he doesn't have to make her car race ready. He needs the money. ( his mother is
very sick) She's hungry to prove she can
win. This is all going on under the sweltering Floridian heat. B
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book. It was a quick and easy read, but it's just part I! I am very much looking forward to reading the next installment, I have a crush on the main character, Jesse. Is Brooke good enough for my man Jesse? I am not sure, that remains to be seen!! Wonderful read for all ages, I highly recommend!
Michelle Rebar
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was so much fun! I can't wait to read book two! Full review to come...
April Nichole
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Brooke and Jesse are too cute. I'm ready to read the next one.
Mary
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read
Nicole Hewitt
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review and many others can be found on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Racing Hearts is a great start to a series of novellas that feature romance and race car driving. I haven’t read very many serial novellas, so this was a bit new for me, but I enjoyed getting to know the characters for this series and I’m eager to read more!

What I enjoyed:

Jesse.
Jesse is one of those characters who is just instantly likable. He’s working hard to take care of his family after his father’s death – and
Jasmyn
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this while interning at Leap Books, where I am now a JP.

This was a really fun romance. There was a hint of Romeo and Juliet, but not so much that I would have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out to me. Jesse is an amazing guy - but not perfect. He screws up, but he really doesn't mean to and he tries to make it better. Brook is a bit full of herself at times, and I dislike that she expects Jesse to lie for her, but that's what happens in life sometimes.

I really enjoyed the racing aspec
Sharrice
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Meh

Jesse has lost his father and he needs money quick. His mother and sister are all he has left and working as a mechanic isn't going to save his house. When he meets Brooke he thinks she's just a girl, until he finds out her father was his fathers enemy. She's the girl who also wants to race against him.

Racing Hearts was cute I guess but i just couldn't get into the story. I am really not into mini stories anymore. Jesse and Brooke were just alright characters and the story seemed kind of unor
Medeia Sharif
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jesse and Brooke are two teens who are involved in the car racing life. Jesse needs to win a local race because his father is deceased and his mother needs the prize money. Brooke also wants to race and she needs Jesse’s help, since he can prepare her car for the competition.

The two are business-minded, but at the same time they’re falling for each other. They don’t have the approval of their loved ones since there’s been a long-running feud between their families. Their attraction was sweet an
Crystal
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very cute set-up for what promises to be a fun Romeo & Juliet-inspired series. I'm not at all familiar with racing, but Lascarso clearly knows her way around that arena. All the characters are clearly drawn, realistic, and the two romantic leads have plenty of conflict to keep things interesting. The action scenes are particularly fun, and I suspect we have only just scratched the surface on all the family secrets and romantic intrigue!
Ani Dalmau Reed
☆Joycedale☆
Feb 09, 2015
Becca
Feb 16, 2015
Laura Lascarso wants you to stay up way past your bedtime reading her stories. She aims to inspire more questions than answers in her fiction and believes in the power of storytelling to heal and transform a society.

When not writing, Laura can be found screaming “finish” on the soccer fields, rewatching Veronica Mars, and trying to convince politicians that climate change is real. She lives in No

Racing Hearts (2 books)
  • Racing Hearts (Racing Hearts #2)