Start by marking “Truth in Lace (Desires Entwined #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Truth in Lace (Desires Entwined #3.5)

Truth in Lace (Desires Entwined #3.5)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  165 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
When Alexander James Noble looks in the mirror, he sees a freak looking back at him. Despite his high grades and plans for culinary arts school after graduation, his parents would hate him if they really knew him.

Forced on a shopping trip with his twin sister, Lyric, and her friends, Alex eyes the girls jealously, longing to be able to dress like them—to be them. The const
Published November 5th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Truth in Lace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth in Lace

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion by: Catherine
Well… there were MANTIES. Unfortunately, they were shrouded in angst about the damn MANTIES.

I was hopeful for some hotness and what I got was coming of age angst about gender fluidity.

description

The writing's decent enough it's just not very engaging. Tween girls shopping in a mall for hours on end subjecting one of their in the closet brothers to not only chauffeur and chaperone them, but carry they shit out to the car? Multiple times?

Not exciting.

Needs more MANTIES.

description

That's much better.
Serena Yates
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, genderfluid
Alex, from ‘Temptations of Desire’, is back in this very sweet short story that takes place in his past. It’s about the events that led up to Alex wearing girls’ clothing for the first time. In a way, it is his moment of realizing who he is, his identity as a person, beyond the fact that he is attracted to men. Neither is acceptable to his parents and while he and his twin sister Lyric both know that, they are close enough to each other to be able to be honest.

Alex already knows he is gay and ha
Inked Reads
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, erotica
FiveStars
This is a companion short story to Temptations of Desire and takes place when Alex/Lexie is a teen. It's not a romance.

I loved this story. It was a great exploration of Alex's feelings about his identity (I am using "his" because the story starts out with Alex presenting/expressing as a boy). I enjoyed the relationship between Alex and his sister Lyric.

There's no way to do this work Justice without spoiling it for readers. I think it's an important read about a subject that isn't talked
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
I really don't know the point of this one because nothing really happened. I enjoyed Alex and Ly nevertheless. When I say this was a shortie, this was a shortie. I didn’t know how to rate this because it’s literally under 25 pages. Its 24 pages to be exact. I liked it, because it was when Alex first understood being gender fluid. I didn’t understand the author only producing this short novella. I felt like it could have been more. What did Alex do, following this coming of age sort of moment. I ...more
AliciaJ
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very short, but very sweet.
V
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it
This was the beginning of an amazing story that suddenly ended.
This is not a romance, it's about a close friendship between the twins and how close they are to support each other. Nice, but.....
Daniel Devereux
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
I found myself really empathizing with Alex.
T.M. Smith
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Alexander, Lex to his sister, Lexie to his lover, is a confused gender fluid teenager. Born a boy and treated as such by everyone around him, most of the time Lex wants to crawl out of his own skin. When he looks in the mirror, he doesn’t like what he sees. The fact that he can identify as male or female is off putting to say the least. Until Lex can fully embrace and be comfortable as both Lex and Lexie, life is going to be miserable.

Lex’s twin sister Lyric can see the internal struggle and whi
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Reviewed at The Blogger Girls.

When I read Temptations of Desire, I was intrigued by Alex’s childhood and how/when he understood he was gender fluid. So, when I saw this FREE little short coming out, I was eager to really get a taste of him back then. Especially since I knew he would be a completely different person than in ToD.

In this short story, Alex is only sixteen and struggles with wanting to try on girl’s clothes. When he’s forced to go on a shopping trip with his sister, he can’t help but
Angela Goodrich
Truth in Lace was a really quick read that was quite enjoyable. Despite its short length, Ms. O’Riley managed to put a lot of emotion into it to make it a really moving short story. In Truth in Lace we meet Alex who is hiding his sexuality from everyone around him, especially his father who keeps involving him in activities intended to “man him up.” In fact, he’s become so adept at hiding who he is that he refuses to acknowledge one of his desires to even himself – he wants to be able to wear gi ...more
A.M. Leibowitz
This is a companion short story to Temptations of Desire and takes place when Alex/Lexie is a teen. It’s not a romance.

I loved this story. It was a great exploration of Alex’s feelings about his identity (I am using “his” because the story starts out with Alex presenting/expressing as a boy). I enjoyed the relationship between Alex and his sister Lyric.

There’s no way to do this work Justice without spoiling it for readers. I think it’s an important read about a subject that isn’t talked about ne
CB
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-folder
I was never really interested in reading about "gender fluid" or cross-dressing but the author did such a great job with Alex, I found myself very captivated with him and now a whole new genre has opened up to me.

This is the 2nd short in the Desires Entwined series and I highly recommend all the books as the characters flow throughout the series (there are 3 novels and 2 shorts). Interesting stories, unique characters that are carried out through all the books - an engaging read.

Note to self: co
Debfirpo
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
A short story that left me wanting more. Alex is trying to find himself. He wants to wear pretty girls clothes but knows it's never going to happen living at home during his senior year of high school until his sister gives him a little help. A very sweet wonderful story.
Chris
While this is just a brief interlude for Lexie and his sister Lyric, it's a pretty strong view on who Lexie is and will be in the future. Lexie has been hands down my favorite character in this series and I'd love to see more vignettes featuring him.
Katy Beth Mckee
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A short story that sort of gives a peak at Alex when he first discovers himself for who he fully is. Perhaps a glimpse at one of the last happy moments of his childhood.
meep
Nov 05, 2014 rated it liked it
this could have been made into a longer amazing story kind of sad it was only a short.
Antonella
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it
A *very short* short story about accepting gender fluidity. It ends quite abruptly IMO. Also I wasn't aware that it was part of a series.
Elaine
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good short story. I loved it.
DeeNeez
Oct 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Short sweet about self realization identifying himself as gender fluid.
Dee Wy
Cute short about "coming out" about your fetish for women's clothes. Enjoyed it!
Ameena
May 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Truth in Lace by Tempeste O'Riley 1 4 Nov 05, 2014 09:16PM
  • Release (Davlova, #1)
  • Mauled (Guards of Folsom, #4.5; Beyond Duty, #2)
  • Jamie (Dominion, #2.5)
  • The Real Finn
  • Loving Aidan (College Rose Romance Book 1)
  • Shadow Bound
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales, #1)
  • Skin (The Ark Trilogy, #1)
  • Promised Valley Rebellion
  • Ice Born (The Texas Kaldr Clan, #1)
  • Fortunate Soul (Soul Reader, #3)
  • Out of the Rain
  • Slake (Feral Riders #1)
  • A Christmas Bonus
  • First Flight
  • Partners
  • Horn Gate (Scratch #1)
  • Changeling (The Incubus Saga, #2)
Tempeste O’Riley is an out and proud omnisexual / bi-woman whose best friend growing up had the courage to do what she couldn’t–defy the hate and come out. He has been her hero ever since.

Though new to writing M/M, she has done many things in her life, though writing has always drawn her back–no matter what else life has thrown her way. She counts her friends, family, and Muse as her greatest bles
More about Tempeste O'Riley

Desires Entwined (4 books)
  • Designs of Desire (Desires Entwined, #1)
  • Desires' Guardian (Desires Entwined, #2)
  • Temptations of Desire  (Desires Entwined, #3)
  • Signs of Desire (Desires Entwined, #4)