Start by marking “Hope and Love Anthology” as Want to Read:
Hope and Love Anthology

Hope and Love Anthology

It starts with hope. That’s what LGBTQ Centers all over the world give us, the hope, the community, the care and education we need in a world that is often hate filled, scared of the unknown, and down right scary. When first introduced to community many of us rejoice as it’s often the first time we’re able to be out and be our true selves without fear or shame.

This anthol
Published September 26th 2014 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly (first published September 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hope and Love Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope and Love Anthology

Start your review of Hope and Love Anthology
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
This anthology would be great for any young adult who has or is thinking of coming out. It shows how there are places they can turn to for help. LGBT centers are featured in a few of these stories. Also 100% of profits go to the Milwaukee LGBT Community Centre

A change of Heart
By Adan DePiaz
*4.5 stars

This was a really well written and captivating story. I couldn't put it down. I had the keep turning the pages to see what would happen next. Great writing, I would have paid a lot more for a full s
LaQuette
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
The first thing you need to understand about this anthology as a reader is that it is geared toward the teenage-young adult reader. That being said, you will not see the usual hot and steamy sex scenes that are standard in most romance novels. However, this collection of short stories is so well-written that the reader experience is totally unaffected by the lack of sex.

This anthology is all about emotions and heartstrings. And let me tell you, with stories like Kameron Mitchell's, "All the Wron
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Have read Joey's Choice by Piper Kay and it was a beautiful story. I am looking forward to reading the Anthology in whole.
Sara Testarossa
I'm really looking forward to this anthology. I had the pleasure of beta reading Hope Ryan's contribution, which is a beautiful story, and am excited to read the rest!
Carly
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating of 4.5 of 5 stars

A Change of Heart: 5 stars
I loved this well written and heartwarming story about coming of age and self discovery.

All The Wrong Numbers: 5 stars
A mixture of serious situations and fairy tale like romance, this one pulled at my heartstrings and I loved it!

Blue Eyes: 5 stars
When rock bottom meets second chances, this is another example of how devastating coming out can be, I loved the serious reality of this story and how it was intertwined with a strong message of
Sue
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of stories by some outstanding authors to help raise money and awareness. These stories are about some of the struggles young men and women go through when learning how to deal with their sexuality. I was touched and surprise that I personally didn't realize how truly difficult it is for them to understand what being gay means to them. How devastating it can feel to think that no one loves you or understands any part of you. I think anyone who embraces the gay comm ...more
Tracy Perry
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is awe inspiring & I hope it helps young teens !! I think I cried through most of the stories, but the one I cried the most @ was Joey's Choice by Piper Kay, (hoping to get a full story for this)when you read this, have Kleenex!!
I hope to get full stories from most of them actually, even though they were all HEA's, it didn't feel like their story was over... So well done to all the authors I really enjoyed your stories!! Please have more?? ;) a TBR for sure!!
Romance Readers Retreat
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - 4 for publishing purposes.

It's all about sexuality these people not being comfortable within themselves and not wanting people to know, being afraid and seemingly ashamed of who they are. Finally learning to love who you are no matter anyone else's opinions, learning to be comfortable in your skin and loving who you are.

A change of heart by Adan DePiaz
3stars
This book is about a young man who's moms run a LGBT youth centre, somewhere for kids struggling with their sexuality to go g
Nikki
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aimed towards teens/young adults this collection of short stories shines light and hope on what can be the most challenging and defining moments in a young persons journey. Piper Kay's Joeys Choice truly touched me. A must read.
Amber
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
A Change of Heart by Adan DePiazz(3 stars)- This one was fairly average. It was easy to predicted where it was going when Brandt got into trouble. I wish there could have been a little bit more of Max getting to know the better side of Brant and a little more uniqueness to the characters.

The Wrong Numbers by Kameron Mitchell (4 stars)- I liked this one alot. Ivan is vurnerable but I liked how Micheal helped him (view spoiler)
Charlottesometimes
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is an anthology for a really good cause and I appreciate that, however I found myself skimming a lot of these stories as they were either dull or badly written. However there were a few gems.

A Change of Heart by Adan De Piaz- 2 star- Dull

All the Wrong Numbers by Kameron Mitchell- 2 stars- Dull

Blue Eyes by Hope Ryan- 3.5 stars- Promising and engaging

Breath of Life by M. LeAnne Phoenix- 1 star- This story was so confusing!

Camp Kennevan by Donovan Aleksander Crane- 1 star- Dull

Dinner for the D
Anne Barwell
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Enjoyable anthology overall although I enjoyed some more than others.
Elisa Rolle
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hope and Love Anthology by Áine P Massie: http://reviews-and-ramblings.dreamwid... 2015 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Paige Rymer
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-for-blog
3.5 Stars ... Reviewed on behalf of Fictional Men's Room For Book Ho's .
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
A collection of shorts by various authors. Proceeds go to benefit the MKE LGBT Community Center in Milwaukee.
Piper
Jun 10, 2017
Coley
Mar 15, 2018
M. Phoenix
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, romance, ya
Dec 02, 2019
YA LGBT Books: Elaine White 3 11 Sep 08, 2014 12:02PM
Book Promotions: Donations Needed! 1 7 Sep 08, 2014 11:08AM
Indie Author's Ma...: Donations Needed! 1 3 Sep 08, 2014 10:59AM
Piper Kay was a homegrown country girl straight from the outskirts of Houston, Texas, USA. She was employed with Encompass Ink, Hot Ink Press and CHBB Publishing. (Crushing Hearts & Black Butterfly Publishing) Whether YA, Erotic Romance, Western, or Drama, she always remained solely dedicated to stories in the M/M and gay romance genres. Piper is a #1 International Best Selling author of LGBT Erot ...more