Start by marking “After the Bridge (The Infernal Devices #3.1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
After the Bridge

Cassandra Clare

After the Bridge

(The Infernal Devices #3.3)

Short Story about Tessa, Jem and what happened after that meeting at Blackfriar's Bridge at the Epilogue of Clockwork Princess.
Published September 2014 (first published June 1st 2013)

Start your review of After the Bridge (The Infernal Devices #3.1)
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
BY THE ANGEL!!!

WHY THE FREAKIN HELL DIDN’T I KNOW THIS EXISTS!!??

Because I’m living right behind the moon!
Or even more likely in an entirely different universe!
Like seriously: What’s wrong with me?! XD

ARGH!!! Gosh, thank you Janett for sending me the link!! <333

I LOVED THIS!
I loved this sooooo damn much!!! I can’t even!!!
ARGH! JEM!!!
My adorable boy finally got his chance to be happy! <3
Which makes me so damn happy I can’t even breathe anymore!!

Oh, yeah!
Btw, this is actually my ghost
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Seriously, please don't read this if you're planning on reading the Infernal Devices.^^

Two beautiful people in love who lost each other for more than a century finally meet again, so what’s the first thing they do? No need to spell it out. Jem, a Silent Brother no more! Tessa made sure of it. Awww! I thought it was sweet but honestly…

It’s all about the smut, ‘bout the smut, not the story. (Repeat three times)
It’s all about the smut, smut, smut, smut (repeat to fade)

Also, I just have
Marga
Obviously, you need to finish Infernal Devices first before reading this. Spoiler-y stuff ahead.

---

HOW ON EARTH WAS IT POSSIBLE THAT I DIDN'T KNOW OF THIS UNTIL FREAKING NOW?

OH MY GOD THAT WAS FANTASTIC.

Infernal Devices was one of the series that I will forever treasure in my heart. I love Tessa with Jem. I love Tessa with Will. It's not possible to choose between those guys because one cannot exist without the other. But if I have to. If I really have to, like the safety of the world hang
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After The Bridge by Cassandra Clare is book #3.1 in the Infernal Devices series.

photo bridge1_zpsea5f974b.jpg

Are you in love with Tessa and Jem? Did you ever wonder what happened that day at the end of Clockwork Princess when they met at Blackfriars Bridge and Jem was no longer a Silent Brother? Well, you are in luck.

photo bridge_zpsc009ab76.jpg

The ending of Clockwork Princess left me swooning for days. When I learned of the existence of this short story I was beside myself. And after I read it, the fluttery stomach started up all over again.

Athena ღ
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I love you, i always have and i always will.”
Andre
Jan 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
Talk about badly written fan-fiction… this here is so predictable that I don't bother to put a spoiler alert on it, because I find it hard to believe you would not see most of this here coming a mile away.

When you did not read this, you did not actually miss anything plot wise from either The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices, or the Bane Chronicles for that matter.
However what you would have missed is another round of the same recycled characters and badly written stereotypes without
Deborah Obida
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Spoilers from the initial trilogy

As much as Iove this I have to admit that it was kind of weird. This took place after blackfriars bridge. The union was amazing and I love that Jem got the ending I've always wanted for him and Tessa.

On the other hand its weird that she get to be with Jem after Will died, so basically she had the both guys, I just can't get over it. I know its not cheating cause Will has been dead for like a century or so, and I know he'll be totally okay with it, but I still
Alex
Hosted by imgur.com

Perfection! Gave me goosebumps!
diannarhys
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Forty-nine thousand, two hundred and seventy-five days since I last kissed you,” he said. “And I thought of you every single one of them. You do not have to remind me of the Tessa I loved. You were my first love and you will be my last one. I have never forgotten you. I have never not thought of you.” He was close enough now to see the pulse pounding in her throat. To reach out and lift up a curl of her hair. “Never.”

Oh my god. I just broke down. This is so beautiful. Thank you, Cassandra
Yonaily
Tessa Herondale Carstairs

I loved it! It was romantic, cute and heart-breaking; perfection. Reading this short story brought a lot of tears. No other ship has meant so much to me like Jessa. I'm glad they finally had their "happily ever after". After all they've gone through, they get to be together. I love this couple so much it hurts.
Sara
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-fantasy
OMG thank the lord that Virginia Ronan posted her review on this short story, otherwise i wouldn't have found out that it existed!!!

I just loved. I was always team Jem and was really happy that in the end Tessa ends up with him, but this detailed get together was everything. And the references to Jace and Clary were just an added bonus.

I have to admit that everything that Cassandra Clare writes about this world just puts a smile on my face every time :)
Katerina Kondrenko
5 out of 10

It was nice and hot, but what the hell, team-Will has no such a thing about our favorite paring! What do we had? A few kisses and one sex without any descriptions. Plus Will's death. How sexy is it? I'm angry.

The Infernal Devices (Адские механизмы):
— On the Bridge (На мосту) #0.5/3
Clockwork Angel (Механический ангел) #1/3
Clockwork Prince (Механический принц) #2/3
Clockwork Princess (Механический принцесса) #3/3
After the Bridge (После моста) #3.1/3
Frannie Pan
Shelves: novellas, z-2014
As if the epilogue of Clockwork Princess wasn't enough, now this. My heart can't handle it anymore, too many feels and too many tears and happiness and I'm speechless and breathless and my heart is pounding so hard and fast and I can't even form coherent sentences!

I know she loves both and Cassandra Clare was the only one who could pull this off. And I'll always prefer Tessa with Will but I've loved Jem since the first book. I love his smiles and the way he plays and his kindness and shyness and
kenzie
Nov 25, 2014 added it
I'm crying very hard still. I kept hoping Magnus would come in and say "Interesting" then leave.
Julie
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*This review may contain spoilers so if you have not read this series, you might want to step away now...

WOOHOO! Jem is finally getting some lovin' (after being a virgin for literally...more than a hundred years)!

That's too long a wait I think (well, I can only guess, because I haven't lived that long), so imagine how ecstatic I was to read this book intended for Jem and Tessa fans.

Because let's face it, this short story is nothing but a fan fiction created for fans who, like me, can't get
sandee and her books
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I missed you James!

So sorry to disappoint you but that's not from Tessa, that was from me... :) I missed Jem... okay... and Tessa too..

But this... is from Tessa

She’d felt like Pygmalion, yearning for the touch of a marble statue.

Oh the feeeeelllsss... click here to read this cute novella after Clockwork Princess
Faith M ✨
Well that was...interesting. Not at all what I was expecting. It read like a fanfiction, and I think you know the kind I'm talking about.
jessica ☾
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’m not even that big of a Jem and Tessa shipper, but oh my gosh this pulled at my heartstrings so bad!
Annie ☆{of Lightwoods and Herondales}☆
Some stories are meant to be loved. This is one of those stories. And it's not that I had forgotten, all these months since I finished The Clockwork Angel, all my feelings for Tessa and Jem and Will- or for Tessa and Will and Jem, as is their order in my heart. But time passes and love deepens and you don't experience the rush of freshly felt emotions and the tears don't come as often and your heart only beats faster for them every now and then.
But then, stories like After The Bridge get
Lucy Qhuay
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cassandra Clare fans/ Jem lovers
Recommended to Lucy Qhuay by: JEM CARSTAIRS

Jem! My Jem! My beautiful Jem! I have always loved you and I always will! I just want to scream I LOVE YOU!!!! at the top of my lungs, the world be damned!

I knew you had it in you, darling! I always knew you had a sex god hidden inside that goody two-shoes exterior. MWAHAHAHAHAH! :D

STEP ASIDE, BITCHES, 'cause JEM EFFIN' CARSTAIRS be like:

And TESSA GRAY, THIS FRIEND OF YOURS and ALL SANE WOMEN be like...

...and...

I say BRING IT ON!!
Alexandra
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, novellas
IT'S OKAY I'M NOT CRYING, I JUST HAVE A TESSA HERONDALE CARSTAIRS IN MY EYE, BYE.
Catherine ♡
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Clockwork Princess destroyed me. And then I saw that there was this story, so I started preparing myself.

Well, evidently, it wasn't enough.

This was such a beautiful ending - even though it killed me.
And the Infernal Devices series will be one of the only books where I ship the MC with multiple characters.
Both Will and Jem are perfect.
Kim Bailey
The Infernal Devices is one of my very favorite book series. I had no idea that this little gem (no pun intented) even existed.

My heart, much like Tessa's was always torn between Will and Jem. It's so wonderful to see them each get their HEA.

This story is a wonderful extra!
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
I can honestly say I refuse to read this. I saw the description and started crying. Will......
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
My heart <3 Read it here: http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post...

(view spoiler)
AJ
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic little extra for fans of The Infernal Devices series. It takes place after the end of Clockwork Princess, and gives us an extended look into the reunion that takes place After the Bridge.

Spoiler if you haven't finished the series yet ---> (view spoiler)
Aeron Trahaearn
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing

"What you said before," she asked. "That Jace Herondale loves Clarissa Fairchild more than anyone you've ever Known except someone - you never finished the sentence. Who was it? "

"I was going to say you and me and Will," I Said. "But - that's rather a strange thing to say, is not it?"

"Not strange at all." She cuddled in close Against His side. "Exactly right. Ever and always, exactly right. "

Thats all I have to say on the subject.... Now I'll find my self a blanket and cry myself out....
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
I'm so glad I found this and was able to read it. Jem and Tessa were my favourite in The Infernal Devices, so it was lovely to have more of them together, especially to see what happened after the end of Clockwork Princess. I only gave it 4 and not 5 stars, purely for the fact that I can never honestly love short stories. I enjoy them, but I don't have time to fall in love with them like I would with a longer story. But it was a great addition to the trilogy, and anyone who loved Jem and Tessa ...more
♡Ann  Matalines♡
You are my very own definition of beautiful, Tessa Gray

The cheekiness and cheesiness of James Carstairs. For the readers who love the tandem of Jem and Tessa. My loyalty is still with Will but this is so damn cute. I'm so relieved that this is a free book. Much sweeter than the last pages of Clockwork Princess.
Fernanda
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just can recall the words from Woolsey Scott on Clockwork Prince, when he says Tessa how lucky she is for having not one, but two lovers and soulmates, this is the confirmation of how long can love survive when you believe in its magic.

• Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines, #0.5)
  • Becoming the Dark Prince (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3.5)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me #5.5)
  • A Very Declan Christmas (The Raven Cycle, #0.2)
  • Life After Legend (Legend, #3.5)
  • Scythe / Thunderhead / The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #1-3)
  • 300 Fox Way Holiday Piece (The Raven Cycle, #0.3)
  • The Tailor (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1.5)
  • A Minor Raven Boys Holiday Drabble (The Raven Cycle, #0.4)
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Opal (The Raven Cycle, #4.5)
  • Homecoming (Vampire Academy, #6.5)
  • Dulce maldad
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

"Cassandra Clare was born overseas and spent her early years traveling around the world with her family and several trunks of fantasy books. Cassandra worked for several years as an entertainment journalist for the Hollywood Reporter before turning her attention to fiction. She is the author of City of Bones, the first book in the Mortal Instruments

The Infernal Devices (3 books)
  • Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
  • Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
“Not forever, Tessa thought. They had a long, long time. A lifetime. His lifetime. And she would lose him one day, as she had lost Will, and her heart would break, as it had broken before. And she would put herself back together and go on, because the memory of having had Jem would be better than never having had him at all.” 77 likes
“Tessa Herondale Carstairs,” he whispered. “You should never worry about borrowing my name when you know that you can have it to keep.” 17 likes