Start by marking “Darkly Dreaming: A Fantasy Romance Anthology” as Want to Read:
Darkly Dreaming: A Fantasy Romance Anthology

Darkly Dreaming: A Fantasy Romance Anthology

(Master of Crows #1 included)

Fall into magic and fall in love with DARKLY DREAMING, a five book fantasy romance collection from award-winning and bestselling writers Elizabeth Hunter, Grace Draven, Danielle Monsch, Kristen Painter, and Cate Rowan.

***No longer for sale. It was a limited time promotion***

Feared by a priesthood. Coveted by a god. Tempted by a slave. In Grace Draven's MASTER OF CROWS, a r
Kindle Edition, Limited Edition, 1343 pages
Published September 15th 2014 (first published July 2013)

Douglas Meeks
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would usually go through and rate each of these fine novels individually but the review would get much too lengthy and you can research each of these books for yourself if you wish BUT I can say that ALL of these books are pretty much 4.5-5 Star reading. None are boring at least one might leave you emotionally drained.

I had read 3 of these books and decided that for 99 cents to get two full novels it was a steal .... and it was truly a bargain for quality reading.

Possibly the best 99 cent deal
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well worth the .99 price just for the excellent 'Master of Crows', 'The Scribe', and 'Stone Guardian'; plus two more full length books. Highly recommended.
Kathie (katmom)
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have already read one of these stories, and it was fabulous! I can hardly wait to read the rest of this collection.

I've read several of Danielle Monsch's books, and loved them. When I saw the cover for Stone Guardian, I knew that I had to have it. There's just something about it that really grabbed me. I begged for an ARC and was thrilled to get it.

Stone Guardian pulled me in from the first page. It opens with on-the-edge-of-your-seat action, then barely gives you time to breathe as the story
Stacy
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I accepted DARKLY DREAMING for a few of the authors, but ended up reading most of the stories. I didn't love them all but the ones that I did made it worth the read.

* This book was provided free of charge from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
99¢ for anthology, including full-length fantasy novels.
Donna
I was approved for DARKLY DREAMING through NetGalley and I didn’t realize that 1) these are NOVELS, not novellas and 2) it’s self-published until after the fact. The former isn’t an issue; it just took me a while to get through it. The latter is my own fault although in this case it worked out a little in my favor. Still, I’d prefer not to make a habit of it.

The only book I was able to read on my NetGalley copy before THE IPHONE UPDATE OF DOOM killed my phone and ate the book was MASTER OF CROWS
Amanda Masters
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing collection of stories! I couldn't put it down! great collection of authors! I loved the mix of talents and different styles of writing, all were bloody brilliant and all made me want more and more!

MASTER OF CROWS - it took a bit for me to get into but I was very soon so captivated by the story that the characters felt like real people to me. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next or what was going to befall the poor Martise as life just didn't seem to ever go her way.

STONE
Melanie
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this box set in exchange for an honest review.

Wow where to start! 5 amazing full length novels from 5 authors with 5 very different voices!

Available in a limited edition eBook box set this can only be described as the bargain of the century. Less than $1 means that even if you only like one of the tales (which I highly doubt) it is STILL well worth getting.

As with all anthologies there are some stories that I enjoyed more than others. Kristen Painter was t
Carrie Baumbach
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five great books (by great authors) for a ridiculously low price... How can anyone NOT want to give this set a try?

I'd have to say my favorite books in this set were Stone Guardian by Danielle Monsch and Heart of Fire by Kristen Painter. As I'm pretty bad at reviews, I'll just put in my two cents about Stone Guardian.

I think Stone Guardian stood out to me the most because one of the main characters was a Gargoyle. I've read a lot of books, and very rarely do I come across one with a Gargoyle as
Denae
Master of Crows is the only one worth reading. Kismet's Kiss was readable, but bad. The other three ranged from godawful to boring.
Regan
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Master of Crows = 5

Heart of Fire = 3

Stone Guardian = 3.5

Well worth the money, and a great introduction to new fantasy romance authors.
Sally
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am giving this five stars for The Scribe, another brilliant book but Elizabeth Hunter. I've missed out on the collection, but fully intend to read the others as I find them.
Amanda
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is worth the cost, you get 5 full length amazing books for the price of less than one.

I wont review each story as that would be too long. Each story holds its own with completely different supernatural creatures. They are feel good reads and Im fairly certain they are the first books in their series. The books are not connected to each other but addicting all the same. In fact I'm going to rush out and buy the sequels because I need to know what happens next.

I started with Master of Cr
Margaret
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-won
Darkly Dreaming is an anthology of 5 full length fantasy romance novels. (And it's releasing on 9/15 for 99 cents - can't beat that!) Rather than trying to review the whole thing at once, I'm going to add a mini-review for each book as I finish them.

I started with STONE GUARDIAN by Danielle Monsch. This book reminds me of the Kate Daniels series in some ways. The world started out like ours until a magical cataclysm drastically altered it. In this case, it collided with the Magic Realm, causing
Marta Cox
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was a must read for me as soon as I spotted it and as it contains five full length books is excellent value for money. I will confess I had already read one of these books but that still left me four to devour and even two new authors to try. Simply fabulous and so well written that there is truly something for everyone within this book. I adore this type of anthology where we get full length stories and not just short novellas but best of all I get to try out different authors styles ...more
Melindeeloo
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Under the gorgeous cover are five full length fantasy romance stories - a couple are set in alternate present day worlds.

I have to admit that I already have most of these in my library but having them all together was a motivation to finish the one I had started and to try a new author as well...

MASTER OF CROWS by Grace Draven - Master of Crows is a wonderful character driven fantasy romance. The interractions between the mage and his 'apprentice' are deftly crafted with 'key' moments that move
Tina
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provided an advanced copy of this box set in exchange for an honest review.

So far I have read two of the five novels that are included in this anthology. I chose to read this anthology because one of my favorite authors was included in this set – Kristen Painter. The extra added bonus is not only do I get to read another Painter book, but I am introduced to two new authors and get stories by 2 other authors whose works I have previously read.

Kristen Painter’s Heart of Fire is an excellent
Veronica-Lynn Pit Bull
When you add everything together - 3 stars overall.

I bought this anthology for Master of Crows and it was well worth it!
5 Stars

I was pleasantly surprised by Stone Guardian.
4 Stars

The remaining 3 stories only rated 2 Stars each for me. All 3 were very well done and I can easily see how someone with different tastes and preferences could have rated them 5 stars - they just weren't for me.

The Scribe I found to be rather slow paced, the romance too "nice" and I wasn't interested enough to continue t
Linda
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read Stone Guardian by Danielle Monsch which is included in this set. I will add other reviews to this one as I read the other tales. Following please find my review of Stone Guardian:

Holy Cow! This book was can't-put-it-down amazing! Stone Cold Gargoyles that are Knock-Em-Dead Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!! Gargoyles aren't the only supernaturals in this story. There's also orcs, zombies, elves, the shadow, wizards, mages, vampires and more... BUT, without a doubt, it's a sexy gargoyle that steals the
Julie
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.

This is a wonderful selection of paranormal romance. Do you like a little magic with your romance or maybe a gargoyle clan leader, how about a dark elf. This is just a few of the characters that can be found in this anthology.

This is one book that I can't go into details with because I don't want to give anything away. I keep going back to read them over again. I've also bought several new books by these authors because I thoro
Nancy Segovia
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding box set

This box set completed full novels from each of the authors . There wasn't one novel I didn't love, there were a couple that really stood out to me though. The ones by Grace Draven, Danielle Monsch, Kristen Painter, Cate Rowan, and Elizabeth Hunter I favorites. Oops , I think that's everybody . In other words, you can't lose on getting this box that it is outstanding whether you like guardian angels or shiekes with harems you're going to find the full range of fantasy romance
Kathleen
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amazing deal!!! 99 cents for 5 great books! I had already read two of these books- The Scribe and Master of the Crows and felt they were fabulous so if they were putting these all together the others might me turn me on to new authors. I enjoyed the other 3 (Stone Guardian, Kismet's Kiss and Heart of Fire) as well. Stone Guardian was probably my least favorite- just meh. Heart of Fire was an easy read with great banter but Kismet's Kiss really held my interest and I will be checking out others b ...more
Lisa Guertin
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I received this set, I was only familiar with one of the authors, Kristen Painter. After reading this, I can say that all five authors are now on my must read list. I will be checking into previous works and picking up any new books by them. Each novel in this set is easily a 4-5 star rating on its own. Make sure that you have ample time to read when you sit down with this set because you will be drawn into the stories and suddenly find that several hours have passed.
Diane Lang
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is THE best collections of books I've read in a long time. All of these authors are excellent at creating characters who pull the reader into their lives and stories. I do have my favorites, of course: Grace Draven's "Master of Crows" and Elizabeth Hunter's "The Scribe" but the others aren't far behind. These are authors whose writing is addictive . . . hard to stop with just one book!

Buy this collection now before the price goes up! It is a steal at .99 cents.
Miranda Beazley
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from one of the authors of this box set in return for an honest review.

I loved the 5 books in this set. They were all amazing books and made the set hard to put down. Each book kept me invested in the story from the start. It was so hard to put them down and be responsible adult. Thanks to the authors involved in this awesome set. You all rock!!!
Stacey
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it
One of these was excellent, one was good, one was ok - and the other two I didn't like at all (or finish). Reviews will be posted individually for the ones I read, with a note that I read them as part of this series.

Master of Crows: 4 stars
The Scribe: 3-3.5 stars
Kismet's Kiss: 2 stars
The other two: 0 stars
Lauren
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! So many great stories by great authors - steal of a deal at .99! I love books like this with many different stories - its a great way to checkout new authors or sample different genres.
Donna
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Heart of Fire by Kristen Painter:
Loved this story - great characters, a very entertaining plot, and seamless writing. This is the first book by this author that I've read and I really hope it's reflective of her writing style because I certainly plan to read more of her works.
Roxie Klinksiek
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't think that I have ever bought a bundle so full of totally amazing stories. Each author's contribution blew me away. You should rush to get this bundle. It's that good.
Shelley
Sep 19, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-release
Published September 15th 2014

• Stealing Heaven (Celtic Rogues #4)
  • Highland Rogue (Clan MacKenzie #2)
  • His Forsaken Bride (Vawdrey Brothers, #2)
  • Never Been Loved (Never Been, #1.1)
  • Call of the Hunt (Alpha & Omega, #0.5-3)
  • Kismet's Kiss (Alaia Chronicles)
  • The Kraken King and the Greatest Adventure (Iron Seas, #4.8; Kraken King, #8)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
  • La croce di fuoco (La saga di Claire Randall #8)
  • Rachel's Eyes (Eyes of Silver Revisited, #1)
  • Heart of Fire
  • Claimed by the Elven King: The Complete Edition (Claimed by the Elven King #1-4)
  • A Notorious Love (Swanlea Spinsters, #2)
  • Beyond Repair
  • Shadow Play (Shadow Touch, #2)
  • Ante Up (Sin City Collectors, #3)
  • In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3)
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

Master of Crows (1 books)
  • Master of Crows (Master of Crows, #1)