Start by marking “Letters from Grace” as Want to Read:
Letters from Grace

Letters from Grace

(Love and War #1)

Is loving a man in uniform worth the risk?

Scarred from the death of her fiancé in World War II, Grace Campbell must learn to love again. Lieutenant Luke Brady could make falling in love easy…except he’s going to war. There’s one thing that can keep a thread tied between them—letters. But the suave Dr. William Keller enchants Grace with his charm and proposes marriage. She
Published August 14th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Letters from Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters from Grace

Tweety
I don't often give low ratings, in fact I suspect that I'm overly generous with my stars. But in this case, I feel that two stars is just right. The book was OK.

Grace is a beautiful young woman along the lines of Grace Kelly and she's been grieving for her dead fiancé over two years now. She doesn't want to love another man in the army because she might lose him like she did Jack. And she smells like lilacs. How do heroines do it? It seems to seep naturally from some inner source through their p
Maria
After her fiancé died in World War II, Grace Campbell’s future is not bright and promising anymore. Her dreams were crushed along with her fiancé’s life. One day, though, she meets a handsome soldier that might bring new happiness to her shattered heart. Is falling for another soldier (and risking to lose the love of her life again) the right thing to do?

I have to be honest and say that I expected something more. I am not saying that I did not enjoy this book, but I thought that some things wer
Jkgreen
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Being a lover of WWII books, I snatched this new released gem of a book! I read the first chapter in the car (my husband was driving, not me;) and I could not put it down until it was finished. Let's just say that I managed to cook dinner and that was just about it. No matter how hard I tried, I could not put the book down!!!! I found myself teary eyed, reading the ending, at 12am that night. The details of the war are so vividly real that you can honestly transport yourself to the time period a ...more
Ann
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I read it in one setting because I could not put it down. I was pulled into the characters and their stories from the very first pages. The writer does an extraordinary job of transporting the reader back the time of WWII and the battle scenes are so real you feel like you are a first hand observer. It is a beautiful story of lost love and love found. I wholeheartedly recommend this book and will be looking forward to Book 2 in the series.
Jsprinks
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Very good book. Start reading and today's world fades away as you find yourself back during WWII times. The characters are vivid, and you find yourself feeling their ups and downs as though you are living it yourself. Love the historical references. Definitely worth reading, can't wait for the next book!
Vicky Sluiter
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In her debut novel, author Rachel Muller shows us that she has what it takes to write a great historical fiction novel! Having done her research well, Muller gives us the picture of life during WW II.

I had a tough time putting down this page turner. With well-developed characters that pull the reader in, I loved Grace and Luke’s story. With trust in God as the underlying theme, all the feelings are there; heart ache, fear, helplessness, and yes, love. The war scenes are well written and very dra
Megan Lee
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a fan of World War II fiction and romance, this is the perfect novel for you. Rachel Muller's tale of the fear and uncertainty of war and love is gripping and heartwarming--a story of resilient people living in a world torn by brokenness. Even so, there is beauty, hope, and love to be found. This is a wonderfully told story by a talented storyteller.
Marisa
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As World War Two comes to its climax, two people discover the meaning of loving and letting go during a time when far too many hearts were broken by the ravages of war.

World War Two continues to fascinate historians and readers alike for a plethora of reasons. People love hearing about the triumphs of those who were a part of the Greatest Generation. The drama, romance, and bravery of those who fought for freedom across the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans are compelling on their own…bring in a tale
Debbie Valine
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the cover to the last page, a lovely story.
Debbie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
" Letters From Grace" by Rachel Muller is the 1st book in the (Love and War) series. This book had me experiencing the characters's happiness and sadness while reading.

The covers for this series are just beautiful.

Oh my Oh my reading "Letters from Grace" by Rachel D. Muller, this book is about war and I want to cry! But it silly isn't it, these characters aren't real ? RIGHT. This was a Facebook post that I posted while reading this book. This book has sad parts and yes it is a fiction but it
Kathleen
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Instead of working on my essays for work, I am sneaking off to write a review...To be honest, this is the first Christian romance fiction I have read to the end. There are others I have started and haven’t gotten around to finishing, and some I just haven’t touched yet—but back to the point. I am glad Rachel’s book was my first. I’ll list some of my issues with the story first, but as a whole, I enjoyed the book.

I am not a religious person, so there were some moments in the story that I felt we
J.C. Morrows
First of all I would like to say that I congratulate Rachel Muller for making the decision to go Indie!

We live in an ever-changing world and the literature we love has to be able to flow and change with that world... and only the best writers know just how essential it is to be flexible!

Rachel Muller has written the novel of her heart. I know how that feels and I even feel as if I've been on part of this adventure with her.

I've watched as she blogged and hinted at the contents of this novel. I'
Melissa Henderson
This story touched my heart in a special way. The author takes the reader on a journey of love, heartbreak and renewal of faith and trust. As Grace mourns a major loss in her life, she continues to try to help others. Something as simple as writing letters to a soldier helps begin the process of grieving and finding love once again. This is a story that will stay with me. The author gives great details and insight to war time. I look forward to reading more from this author.
D.J.
I have a new favorite author of historical books!

Until I read Letters From Grace, the only historical book I remember reading was one I was asked to review The Christmas Star by Ace Collins. It was a good story, but I wasn’t hooked.

Now I’m wondering why I wasn’t hooked previously. No matter… I’m hooked now!

Rachel Muller wrote an AMAZING novel!

My family will attest that I spend way too much time ignoring them over the holidays, while I was reading Rachel’s debut novel — about Grace, Maggie, Danny
Tina
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, favorites
Letters from Grace, book 1, Love and War Series***** by Rachel Muller

Wow, Rachel has woven a story with characters that will capture your heart. I was caught up in the lives of the characters as they lived with so much uncertainty during World War II. We get a glimpse into the hearts of Grace Campbell and Lieutenant Luke Brady as they exchange letters while he is off fighting in the war. Of course, as with any relationship, things don't always go as planned. Dr. William Keller also shows an inte
Marlene  Moore
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Letters From Grace

If I could I would rate this novel a 10! Rachel Muller, for this being the first historical novel, you have done an exceptional job! I've read many historical novels, and books in general; very few are the quality of this novel. The story's (she has given each of the main characters a story line as she ties them all together) are so authentic and well written, there were many times that I became involved and engrossed in the story line that I would loose track of time. There we
Travis Inman
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is warm and comfortable and reflects life in a fair and accurate and meaningful way. The characters are genuine and the story flows smoothly. Muller openly admits that she drifted from total historical accuracy in order to make the story about the characters and NOT about the war. That being said, her book is well worth reading.

The struggles her characters face are common to us all, which helped me to identify with them as if they were real people.

Rachel offers wise advice in her stor
Michelle
Good Characters

I loved the characters in this book . They felt real to me and the story hit home on a personal level. My Grandfather served in the Army in World War Two and landed on Omaha Beach on D- Day, so I felt a real connection to the storyline. The problem I had with the book are the inaccuracies in the history aspects. D-Day was not announced to the world in advance. It would have been counterproductive to the Invasion. I understand that authors take liberties sometimes, but when doing a
Anna Marie
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I love correspondence books. SO when this came up free on Amazon, I *HAD* to have it.

1. It's a chrischun book. Meaning it talks about Jee-zus and quotes verses, but out of context and with a silver-lining viewpoint. For example, she lies and says 'God never is silent'. Um... yes, He does use silences and 'desert'-periods to reach people. It was warm n' fuzzy, at best.

2. I had a hard time connecting to the characters. They didn't communicate enough to really have a good base for their 'love'.

3. T
Vickie Fisher
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book, once I started reading I didn't want to put it down. This is an emotionally charged book. I have never had to see someone off to war, but after reading Letters from Grace, I feel like I have. Rachel Muller put you into the life of Grace so well that you feel what she feels; you cry and pray along with her. I had already read Maggie's Mission, book 2 in this series, so I knew the outcome of this book, but near the end of the book, when you believe everything is going to be okay there ...more
Janice Sisemore
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014

Once I started reading this book it was hard to put down. This story is set during WWII. Grace had lost her love to the war and was scare to get involved with another solider. She meets Luke at a dance that she attended with her friend Maggie. He is getting ready to leave for England and ask her to write him so she agrees to. The characters were so real, I am so glad there is more in this series, I cannot wait to read more.
Barbara
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On a scale of cotton candy to Brussels sprouts, Letters from Grace by Rachel Muller is a cinnamon sweet roll. The story was sweet with the sizzle of cinnamon.

Grace is a lovely character with such a choice before her and more heartbreak than one person should deal with.

And I maybe fell in love with Luke Brady. Shhhhhh. Don't tell anyone.

I loved the history. The story came alive for me.
deb
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was a really good story. As I was reading this I felt like I was watching an old World War ll black and white movie and I kept thinking about movies like Mrs. Miniver and The Best Years of Our Lives, some of my favorite movies.

j.g.kreis
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating Story

This novel has a fast paced and truly captivating story. It gives a glimpse of life during a war and uncertain times while pointing to the only true source of comfort and peace... Jesus Christ.
Jeanette
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense of being a young woman on D-Day!

This story is about the young people who endured love and loss of WWII. A read that should be read.
Deann Kachelmeier
Enjoy and inspire

I could not put this book down. I,m going to start on the second book now. I would like to know when the third book will be available.
Pauline Mowbray
Aug 17, 2015
Lydia
Aug 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Obsessed with World War II since the tender age of 17, Rachel has been studying The Greatest Generation for 13 years and composing stories of love and war for nearly three years. Her first project, Letters from Grace, claimed a spot in Harlequin’s So You Think You Can Write Contest in 2012 as a finalist, and semi-finaled in ACFW’s Genesis Contest, 2014. Letters from Grace, the first book in the Lo ...more

Love and War (3 books)
  • Maggie's Mission (Love and War #2)
  • Phillip's War (Love and War #3)