Start by marking “Ava (The Morningstar Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ava (The Morningstar Diaries, #1)

Ava (The Morningstar Diaries, #1)

Ava Morningstar seems like your average woman. However, the hybrid angel created from the unlikeliest of circumstances is anything but. The secret of her heritage has been hidden from everyone, including her teenaged son, Tyler. As his sixteenth birthday approaches, Ava struggles to tell her son the truth about their ties to Lucifer, and of the deadly threat that has been ...more
Published July 3rd 2014 by Nevermore Press (first published August 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ava, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ava

Melissa Yoder
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a breath of fresh air! I'm an avid reader and sometimes it feels like I'm reading the same story over and over again. That was NOT the case with this book! This book is well written and I instantly loved the characters within a few pages. Being a mom myself I really enjoyed the mother/son relationship between Ava and Tyler. The Morningstar Diaries is a must read book for anyone!
Lena Carmona
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
LENA'S RANDOM REVIEWS
A Paranormanly Yours Book Club R&R

Morningstar Diaries- Ava by Lydia Drace

A little about the Story: This Love story is about Lucifer and his beloved Ava. They have fought to be joined and now with their son about to turn 16 and inherit powers of his own, they will need to fight even more to keep their family together and alive.

Lena's Opinion:

Cons: At first I didn't know what to make of this story. It was a little to informative for my taste, which caused it to be a littl
Jessi
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the opening scene. Being from NC and having visited Asheville once I could imagine back there as tourist. Seeing the Biltmore for the first time. But anyway the book started off to a great, then the middle got a bit bumpy (read it and you’ll know what I’m talking about), but that ending…oh that ending had me tearing up, cheering, and tearing up some more. I only have two questions for you Miss Lydia when will the next one be released and how did you get me sucked into your characters so ...more
Amanda
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This isn't your average Heaven and Hell, God vs the Devil kind of book. For me, this was the first time I've heard the name Morningstar in association with Lucifer. I'm not religious by any means, and this book isn't "preach-y" in the least. I absolutely loved this book. To start with, we first meet Ava and her soon to be sixteen year old son.

The book jumps right into the good stuff. Ava is not your normal human woman. She is in fact half angel, after meeting and falling in love with Lucifer. T
Jen
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kim Bishop
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Ava begins in Asheville, NC with Ava, a beauty shop owner and mother of a teenage son Tyler. Ava is half angel unbeknownst to her son, and is married to Lucifer himself! Tyler is about to turn 16, and that is when Ava and Lucifer decide to tell Tyler who he and they really are, so the pressure is on! Days before Tyler's birthday, Abaddon, King of Demons, is awoken unexpectedly, and is determined to finish the war he started with Lucifer to take over the kingdom of Hell!

This story is not at all w
Elisa Rome
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I for one have to say, that this story has whisked me away completely. I was not entirely sure what to expect when I read the synopsis, and more so was completely taken off guard, when I began reading, and a very colorful world came to light. The beginning was certainly as normal as anything could be, aside from a few declarations from Ava, that the regular pace of life wasn't quite what as it seemed. From there, I found myself pulled deep into an elaborate and inspiring world, while the faux fr ...more
Deborah Davidson
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-reads
*Note that I was gifted this book in return for an honest review*

Okay I have to say that right off the bat, from page one, I was thinking what have I got myself into. Had a hard time getting past my own feelings as this book has some creatures that are based on the Bible. Not being religious I hesitated then decided to just give it a chance. And I am very happy I did!.

This story follows Ava through a time in her life, and that of her young son Tyler, that blows apart the little world they have m
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by author.

Ava Morningstar owns a hair salon where she works with her best friend Jenny and lives in the apartment above with her son Tyler.
It seems to everyone that she is just a normal, ordinary woman. But Ava has a big secret, one she needs to break to her son before he turns 16 in a few weeks.... Both she and Tyler are half angels and after 12 years of absence Tyler will finally reunite with his father. But with this meeting comes a big decision, one that could change his life f
Valerie
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was very original, and very well written in the aspect of diversity and other concepts of what one would perceive of Heaven and Hell.

Ava is a supposedly single mother, owner of a hair salon with a son who is about to turn 16. All events are somewhat based upon her son turning 16, and the aweness of what he will discover and if her son Tyler will be able to acknowledge it all and forgive. Tyler believes his father abandoned him and his mother many years back and what comes up will be a shock
Samantha Loving
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this free In exchange for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book! Now I am only 23 and normally read YA books with characters in high school or college but u found that even though Ava is 34 Lydia made it where I was still able to relate to her. There is amazing detail in this book and the mother/son relationship is great.
Ava is a mom who works owns a salon with her best friend and raises her son Tyler as a "single" mother. Coming on Tyler's 16 birthday she has a bug secret to
Megan
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ava's story is enticing and intriguing. From page one, the tales Lydia has created from a reality we are already familiar with will captivate you. The devil himself stars in this book alongside the archangels and his family.
The battle of Heaven and Hell over Earth has continued, but not from who you have always thought. All at the same time, that Tyler has to face some hard truths in life and come into his own.
The characters Lydia has created and brought to life are amazing, and the scenery an
Chrissy
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was happy to read a book that was different from what I'm used to reading. I particularly enjoyed Ava as I felt I could really relate to her. The book was well written and fast paced, which I certainly appreciate as finding time to read with two small children is almost unheard of. I'm about halfway through Lucifer and enjoying it as well! Can't wait to see what happens :) thank you for sharing your stories with us, Ms. Drace!
Tiffany Rains
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a read!!!

I didn't know if I would like this or not but I loved it!!! I was entranced by this book within the first few chapters. There is so much going on but it's definitely developed and not too much. I never thought I'd say that I like Lucifer but I loved him!! Ava is so strong. And the ending... Holy crap, I did not see that coming!!! I would definitely recommend and cannot wait to read Lucifer!
Stacy Kamerer
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I just finished the first book. Amazing detail. The descriptions of the characters & settings help to picture what everything looks like & events taking place. I like Ava she had me cracking up along with some of the inside jokes & pranks. I kept trying to go to the next page at the end to see what happens next lol. Starting the next book right away!!
Christine Bennett
Wow! "The Morningstar Diaries" was Awesome! I have just finished book 1 and cant wait to start book 2 "Lucifer"!!
It has a feel similar to Harry Potter with all it's magical characters! I love the story line and it is great to be envisioning what each character looks like. Five stars from me ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A.R. DeClerck
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Received a copy for honest review.*

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel! The premise is original and exciting and the characters are memorable and easy to fall for. I would recommend this book to any friends who love angel lore and romance.
Tiffany Dover
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I really liked this story. The idea was great. The take on Lucifer and God's relationship was refreshing. The world building was good. It was interesting. I just didn't connect emotionally with the characters. I am looking forward to the next book.
Tracy
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not my usual type of read, so the fact that I enjoyed it so much was a surprise to me. The story was unique, the characters well-written and the cliff- hanger plot makes me want to read the next book. The author did a great job of making angels feel down to earth (pun intended).
Rayanne Polm
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, the author did a great job of offering her readers something completely fresh, while still hitting upon the time old tale of good vs evil. The characters and the plot draw you in, making it difficult to put down.
Nikki Maynardskaggs
I really liked how the author done this story!!!! I love reading about angels, so this is definitely a good read
Bozy
Anton
Sep 05, 2014
Gem
Jun 29, 2013
Reviews for the L...: The Morningstar Diaries: Ava by Lydia Drace 3 11 Sep 18, 2012 01:00PM