Start by marking “Cry Wolf Series (Cry Wolf #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Cry Wolf Series (Cry Wolf #1-3)

Cry Wolf Series

(Cry Wolf #1-3)

The Witch Who Cried Wolf - Book 1:
Be careful what you wish for...

A potion gone wrong...
Mia Brooks is a reluctant witch, with powers that she tries to hold in check. But when her magic gets mixed up, supernatural forces are unleashed and suddenly she’s being pursued by werewolves—that she didn’t even realize existed…

Hidden emotions...
Ethan Parker, Mia’s brother’s best fri
ebook
Published November 4th 2014 by Kissa Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Cry Wolf Series, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry Wolf Series

Start your review of Cry Wolf Series (Cry Wolf #1-3)
Pratr- Authors
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
*Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock*
Hold on to your seats for this mouth watering trilogy of books from Sarah Makela ,
In the first of the trilogy The Witch Who Cried Wolf,
we meet Mia brooks a very reluctant witch with powers she tries to hold In check and a huge crush on her Brothers best friend Ethan, Mia is now pursued by werewolves who she didn't even no existed.
In the second book Cold Moon Rising
we meet Kelly a normal college girl who defiantly knows what she wants and
Carol Everson
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was a great read had everything you want. Love ,friendship, loyalty. Family new an old together for a cause to fine an rescue those they love. one more in this series at this time the Scots going home. Got the next love this story.
Judy Lewis
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A TREASURE TROVE OF MAGICAL GOODNES !!!
Title: Cry Wolf Series (Books 1-3)
Author: Sarah Makela
Designation: Books 1-3 of Paranormal Romance Series, Can Be Read As Standalone, NO Cliffhanger
Reading Platform: Kindle Edition
My Rating: Five Riveting Stars*****
An absolutely captivating bundle! I read each of the books when it was originally released and loved them all. Below is my review for each.
**The Witch Who Cried Wolf, Book One: Wow! Sweet magical goodness! The Witch Who Cried Wolf is the first bo
Sheryl
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the book bundle 1-3 of the Cry Wolf series by the author.

The Witch Who Cried Wolf: Book 1
This book revolves around Mia, a couple werewolves, a possessive boyfriend and Ethan, her brothers friend who she has had a crush on for years. When Mia is asked to make a healing salve for a man little did she know the man was not human. What happens next just causes all kinds of problems for Mia.

Cold Moon Rising - Book 2:
Kelly and Jacob are in college and are study mates for a couple classes but
Debra Roth
Witch and the Werewolf

I enjoyed the first three books of this series. It was very good; however, each book left the story hanging. Furthermore, the next book is only 57 pages at a cost of $2.99. I wish I had not started this series.
Helen
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
werewolf and a witch

What a great stoty. Ethan comes home on leave. Mia picks him up at the airport. They are attached by wolf and Eathan is often and scratched. And this great box set begins.
Glenda
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! We get to read more about Caitlyn and Dougal as well as Unna and Colin. You'll want to have read the earlier books in this series for it to make the most sense. Both couples are soooo cute!
I received an ARC of this book and am leaving my honest opinion.
Barbara
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Three very good fun to read books, all three different .I have now bought 4 and 5 is in my wish list.
Linda Dossett
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
First three in this series. Of all Ms. Makela' s books this series has been my favorite. All end with a bit of a cliff hanger. There is action, steam with some romance woven in. Good reads all.
Janice
Jan 09, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Witch Who Cried Wolf, Cold Moon Rising, Wolf Who Played With Fire
Racy
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Witch Who Cried Wolf (Book 1):
Mia probably wishes a thousand times she had not went into her friends shop that day. If she had not mad that stop her, her family, and the man she loved would not of been in danger.

Mia had lived with a secret. One only her best friend knew and that was because they both had the same secret. Only difference is Jessa did not hide it as much as Mia did. Mia had special powers. That was something she hid from her parents and brother.

Jessa had volunteered Mia to d
Sharon Hatt
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series, there was so much emotion, intrigue, deception, and betrayal going on it was hard to know who was friend or foe! I also absolutely love the characters in this series, it was thrilling to read how they all overcame the trials that came their way and never let go of love! Highly recommend it!
The Witch Who Cried Wolf
Mia has problems, lots of them; she has a long time crush on her brother’s best friend (of course he acts like she doesn’t exist), she can’t tell anyone she loves t
Cheryl Drake johnson
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bk-1 I loved this story of Ethan the military friend that has come home on leave and is surprised to find that waiting for him at the airport is not his best friend but his best friends sister the very woman that he is in love with and has been for many yrs. when he wanted to get with Mia when they were teenagers her brother Nolan had a fit because he thought that his sister would have been used by Ethan but he was truly in love with Mia and he loved her family which took him in when his parents ...more
Elisa
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book #1 - The Witch Who Cried Wolf
5 stars

This is the first book I've read by this author and I have to say that I am doing my traditional 'Happy dance' over here that I do every time I find a new author whose writing style I love to read. Yup, bootie is shakin' big time.

To start with, there are so many ideas in here that I haven't read anywhere else. I can't wait to see what else this talented woman comes up with. I like the world she is building in this series, it just gets my brain whirling a
Cindy Caron
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Book 1
What a wonderful imagination this writer has! As an avid reader, I love this type of writing. Sarah catches your attention from the first sentence, and keeps it well past the ending. I believe that Sarah will have a long list of loyal followers after reading this piece of work.
My mind is trying to establish so many different ways this book could possibly go.
It is totally a standalone book, but leaves so many doors open for pot
Cilicia White
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Cry Wolf Series: Shifter Romance Box Set: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
The Witch Who Cried Wolf..... This is the first book I read by this author and I fell in love. Mia is a Witch, but no one knows and she tries to hide this from everyone including the man she has had a crush on, Ethan. When Mia unknowingly uses a spell she and Ethan are attacked by werewolves and must do what they can to survive. There are a lot of action and hot sexiness that leaves questions unanswered, but
Donna Hokanson
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely wonderful series that I highly recommend to read.
The Witch Who Cried Wolf 5 stars
Enjoyable and original
Great story line and very original. Well written and very entertaining to read. I loved the characters of Mia and Ethan and the missteps in life. This was a very enjoyable story to read. Makes me want more from this author. Great job.
Cold Moon Rising 5 star
Fast paced, Want more
Action packed all the way through the book Fast passed enjoyable story to read. Very well writte
Kim
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Cry Wolf series is a fun box set which brings us witches and wolves.

Witch Cried Wolf: Witch meets Werewolf in this fun read! Mia meets a hunky man who is looking for a healing salve from her. Little does Mia realize that just this little bit of witchcraft in making the salve is going to open a whole world of werewolves to her. Now Mia is involved in werewolf politics and doesn’t even know it. Soon her family friend, the man she’s been crushing on is a werewolf! What’s a witch to do?

Cold Mo
Ana
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series and you will love reading one after the other like I.

The Witch Who Cried Wolf
Very well written introduction to this series, leaves you wanting to read the next book. So realistic that it makes it seem like something that could happen in real life. Werewolves, maybe?
There is also a mystery you want to find out about, subtle hints to what to expect I think this is going to turn out to be a great series, can't wait to get to the next book!

Cold Moon Rising
Every college girls d
Kat
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Witches, shifters, evil scientists ... what more do you need? This is the boxed set of the first 3 novellas in the Cry Wolf series. This is actually a cross between a series and a serial, as they are not really stand-alone novellas. And, it doesn’t really help if read in order, as #2 doesn’t exactly follow #1 … #3 follows the storyline from #1. Some background characters from #1 do show up in #2, but some people may or may not catch it. This is the only thing keeping this from being a five star ...more
Pam Louis
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 1
Mia Brooks has alway been in love with her brothers best friend Ethan Parker. Ethan has also had feelings for Mia BUT she is his best friends little sister and therefore off limits. But there is danger around Mia and he has to help her even if the cost is more then either on ever dreamed. Darn werewolfs and their games
I loved the action and drama in this book. It was so fun seeing them working on their feelings.

Great start to a fun series.
Book 2
This book is about Kelly and Jacob. Jacob is
Berta
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, if you have read any of my reviews you know I don't do spoilers. I want you to experience it yourself unless is just is a really bad book. Now S. Makela had me on my toes. Yes, Sarah after the first book I about threw my Kindle across the room, then gave it another chance and read book 2 which made me want to find you and throw my Kindle at you until I ready book three which made much more sense tying it all together, but I wanted more. (insert grin here) That is the point of writing, when ...more
Kim
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ms Makela came up with an interesting concept by writing two different story lines and then bring them together as one story. Don't get me wrong each book can be read alone but I recommend the set. They are full of action and romance which will leave you breathless and craving more. The story lines are creative and the characters are extremely well developed. You will get shifters, witches and secret scientific experimentation. I really enjoyed reading this box set. I definitely think most reade ...more
Gale Albright
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, wolves, shifters
I thoroughly enjoyed books 1-3 of this series and have already started on book 4. The characters are completely fleshed out and the story lines flow with ease. Each book is a stand alone with couples finding their HEA, but the stories dovetail into one another with ease. It's hard to pick a favorite couple because I loved them all. The books are short enough to finish in an evening, but long enough to feel like the price you paid is worth it. I love this series and the author is one of my favori ...more
Rochelle
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
A interesting and exciting trilogy. All three books worked well together and flowed smoothly. The storylines were captivating and intriguing, and were filled with betrayal, deception, and emotion. Each book had there problems and trials to overcome, but it was entertaining and enjoyable to read them get through their own battles. I loved each character for various reasons and all the couples were well suited. There were a few hicups along the way but nothing major and too serious. A very enterta ...more
Mary
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
When I finished the first book in this box set and started on book 2, I was freaking out. I ran straight to the computer to look up the series. Seeing it was all in order I continued to read. I really enjoyed it. You meet the witches and many wolves in this set. I will be continuing to read the rest of the series. Great mix of characters and tales. Lots of action on the 3rd. Mia and Ethan are the stars of series and I can't wait to see if they appear some more.
Ann
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the best way to get these books....I started out reading The Witch Who Cried Wolf and left off wanting more, but the next one was not out yet. As soon as Cold Moon Rising came out I jumped on that one. This is a great series and one of those that is just really hard to put down. I finished all of the books within a day or two of starting each. This is one author whose books will always be on my TBR list....and I can't wait to see what she releases next!
Lisa Swanepoel
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This is well written and has a good story line. I really liked the characters. I think calling it a series and having called them separate books is a stretch. The first two books end so abruptly that it is actually bizarre but as a whole considering all three as one piece of work allows for a more complete and enjoyable story.
Dorothy
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent series. Every single book is amazing and I couldn't put them down. All three books together means you can read right through without having to wait for the next story but you will be anxious for more. This is full of hot sexy men and seriously hot shifters!!!! You had better crank the air conditioner cause it gets hot! Enjoy!
Teresa Stirewalt
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an outstanding box set. The stories and the plots within them has a little bit of everything that I enjoy when reading. The plots roll smoothly, even with twists and turns of danger and naughty heated moments. It is a set of books that I will be sure to read a number of times I enjoyed the stories that much.

• The Reaper Rescues The Genie (Nocturne Falls, #9)
  • Her Teacher Mate: A Seasoned Shifters Novel
  • Protected Mate (Catamount Lion Shifters, #1)
  • The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls, #7)
  • The Vampire's Accidental Wife  (Nocturne Falls, #8)
  • The Detective Wins The Witch (Nocturne Falls, #10)
  • Wolflord: A Dark Shifter Romance
  • Buried Deep
  • Savage Bear's Kiss
  • Prowling their Mate: A BBW Fated Mates Paranormal Romance (Perfect Pairs, Book 1)
  • Fear University Series: Books 1-3 + Novella
  • Her Lawyer Mate: Seasoned Shifters #2
  • Wanted By The Devil (Devil's Riders, #1)
  • Their Treasured Girl (The Diviljak #1)
  • Gray (Alpha Geek #3)
  • Daddy's Lost Love (Montana Daddies Book 4)
  • Ride With The Devil (The Devil's Riders, #2)
  • City Shifters: the Pride Box Set (City Shifters: the Pride, #1-5)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Sarah Mäkelä loves her fiction dark, magical, and passionate. She is a paranormal romance author, but she's written all over the romance spectrum with cyberpunk, sci-fi, fantasy, urban fantasy... even a sweet contemporary romance!

A life-long paranormal fan, she still sleeps with a night light. In her spare time, she reads sexy books, watches scary mo

Cry Wolf (6 books)
  • The Witch Who Cried Wolf (Cry Wolf, #1)
  • Cold Moon Rising (Cry Wolf, #2)
  • The Wolf Who Played With Fire (Cry Wolf, #3)
  • Highland Moon Rising (Cry Wolf, #4)
  • The Selkie Who Loved A Wolf (Cry Wolf, #5)
  • The Leopard Who Claimed A Wolf (Cry Wolf, #6)

News & Interviews