Start by marking “Chance Encounter” as Want to Read:
Chance Encounter

Chance Encounter

Charles “Chance” Endicott is a Police Chief of small town, Round River, who likes to also go on patrol with his officers. Though confident in his job, he lacks self-esteem when it comes to looking at himself in the mirror. A painful past broke him down and he doubts his worth as a man, as a person.

Evan Manetti is a lawyer who wants to get away from the big city life as a p
Published November 1st 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Chance Encounter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chance Encounter

Breann
I feel like this really could have been good. All the pieces were there.

Police Chief? CHECK
Damaged Hero(es)? CHECK
Hurt/Comfort theme? CHECK

The potential was there. But, unfortunately, this really fell short for me.

The characters and dialogue were very stilted and unnatural. There was so much telling, telling, telling that I never really felt anything. Chance has some self esteem issues from his past. He brings this up constantly and is always calling himself a loser. Um, dude, you're a police
Gigi
Sep 15, 2014 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me

The blurb here sounded fantastic! I really pumped myself up and bought this at midnight on release day. Unfortunately, I had a hard time reading this as the writer wasn't nearly as accomplished as the writers I am used to, so it was very choppy and amateurish and disrupted the story enough where I lost any enjoyment in it. I stopped reading at about 50%, so I will not be rating this one.

I hope the author will continue writing books, maybe concentrating on some freebies, because his/her ideas are
Heidi Ryan
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok, so I read a lot of reviews for this and they were fairly negative so I wanted to read it for myself. I got it as a free read, so I had nothing to lose. It wasn't bad. It was filled with the things I love- hot police chief, hot mayor/lawyer/doctor, cute setting, you get my drift. I felt the believe factor was on the low side, but the story was pretty good. Chance Endicott is the police chief of Round River. He has been damaged by marriage to a sadist/jerk. Chance was never into the BDSM scene ...more
Laurie Ather
Jan 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
I tried to keep reading but gave up at 48%.

The basic framework of the story is fine. This book just needs some fine tuning. I saw the word are used when it should have been our.

And given the MC's professions, their conversations should have been a little more eloquent, to show they are educated men.

I quit when we learned one of them has two degrees from Harvard and started as pre med before going into pre law ten years prior. (And kept up some certs. When would he have time for that?). And the
Michael Neanthriel
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not much different with the other book. Filled with potential yet not fully developed. Everything is... somewhat super fast. The two main character is not leaving much impressions. I dont understand the time line at all until it says that 9 months has passed and thats almost at the end of the book. Unlike some books that sort of tells a story, this book makes me thinking im reading a text book or something. Maybe its just me. Anyway. I finishes it. So i consider it intertaining of sorts?.

PS: i d
Rachel
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it
This had the premis to be a really good book.
I don't know where it failed but it did.
This turned out to be an okay book.
The storyline was there but something in the writing style was just off.
Loved the idea of a white knight in the form of Evan coming and waking Chance up and letting him become the man he always was.
But nope it failed. Chance wasn't as damaged as you thought from the blurb. He didn't really believe he was useless. And Evan holding secrets back while trying to get Chance to open
L. Layale
Dec 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Didnit finish at :24%. This book is full of cliches and shallow writing. There is no plot, no character depth. The writing is painfully sub par and amateurish. I've read stuff better written by an 8yr old. It's all dialog with no mechanics to hook a reader in. The characters are weak this author should be ashamed to even be proud of this mess. And the reviewers who rated this more than 2 stars are dumb and should also be ashamed.
Furio
Mar 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
Like every reader of M/M romances I am more than willing to cut some a book some slack about strict believability and consistency for the sake of a passionate interlude.
In this short romance, though, nothing makes sense. Characters behave like overgrown children, plot is just a chain of improbable events and everything feels stiff and contrived, not to mention hurried.
Neek
Dec 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
Worst Start to 2015

Ugh. I thought I would start the year with some hot MM action. Well this book was not it. The dialogue was choppy and predictable and down right corny. The characters were weak (and that is putting it mildly). They cried all the damn time. That MM action I was looking for. The scenes were way too short. I personally won't be reading this author ever again.
Virginia Lee
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love the book.....Chance was having a hard time getting over the abuse from his ex-husband. Evan had the Patience to show him that he was special. the book had away to show that love can over come all the things negative and bad.
KT Spille
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book was an ok story and couple but some phrases got really repetitive. I also have a huge issue with authors mentioning themselves in their story.
Elaine
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story I enjoyed it. It was well written and the characters were good.
Maggie
Avid
May 20, 2016
Gabriel T
Feb 26, 2015
Alex Tempera is the alter ego of author Amy Shannon. In the quest for a new genre, Amy transformed into Alex to create a new depth of erotica and romance novels. The beauty of a well written erotica novel is that is contains a thoughtful and romantic storyline as well as beautifully written intimate scenes. Alex’s research into erotica genres and BDSM play and the lifestyle will continue to enter ...more