Start by marking “Untitled Beauty (Somewhere-in-Between #1)” as Want to Read:
Untitled Beauty (Somewhere-in-Between #1)

Untitled Beauty

(Somewhere-in-Between #1)

Eleven. A name. A title. A sentence passed. If you aren’t beautiful, you're less than a person, and you only have so many chances to qualify as a human being.

ebook
Published October 2016 (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Untitled Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untitled Beauty

Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: october-2016
*I received this novel free from the author as an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

What bothers me the most about this book, is how real this could. With the way our society goes after beauty and how beautiful people are the only ones that are famous... it's so creepily real. The author does a great job at making this world seem so real. It's not a good world, it's really sad when we base people off their looks but it happens everyday in the real world. So this novel really hit home with me.
Lauren Stoolfire
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received Untitled Beauty free from the author as an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

In Grace's world, your entire life hinges on your physical beauty. If you're rated as a Beauty, you live in government sanctioned luxury with every advantage and benefit handed to you. However, if you don't rank as a Beauty, you're not much better than a lowly slave for the ruling Beauty class. You have five chances to be judged as a Beauty - at birth, age five, twelve, eighteen, and twenty-five. During y
Marie
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A heart wrenching yet beautiful story. The author creates a future where only people considered beautiful can lead normal lives. Those who aren't are treated like slaves and what makes this so horrifying is that it seems less science fiction and more like a possible future society.
Eleven hasn't given up hope that one day she can lead the life of a Beauty and even in her darkest hour, her will to survive has me cheering her on.
Well written and deep, C. E. Wilson has created another masterpiece.
Keep Calm Novel On
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Goodreads author provided a copy of the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

C. E. Wilson’s dystopian novel Untitled Beauty is a truly original read. The author takes the reader to a disturbing futuristic world. Humans are categorized numerically. Twenty is the optimal rating and those individuals live a quality and privileged life—the lower the number the bleaker one’s existence.

Eleven/Grace is an eleven—she lives a life collared and chained. She quietly verbalizes that she is not ugly but
Sam Mirza
4.5 Stars

I’ve received a free e-arc of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

What can I say about C.E Wilson that I have not said before. She is becoming one of my favorite authors. I absolutely love her novels and series and everything she writes. Heck…I’ll even read her shopping list. TeeHee! Anyhow, I absolutely loved Untitled Beauty and everything about it.

The Story is about a girl called Eleven who is ranked 11 on the scale of beauty which runs from 1 to 20. In the wo
Erika
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Find more of my reviews at my blog Books and Stars.

**I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my review in any way.**

This is not your typical dystopian novel.

This book is a dystopian like none other I've ever read--in the sense that with Western concepts of beauty, it's a legitimate possibility. In a world where you're sorted into being a Beauty or Potential, Potentials are second-class citizens, a commodity, forever trying to climb up the ranks up to become
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Book Review
Title: Untitled Beauty
Author: C.E. Wilson
Genre: YA/Fantasy/Dystopian
Rating: *****
Review: The opening chapter of Untitled beauty was astounding. We are introduced to Grace also known as Eleven, she lives in a society where people are ranked on the physical attractiveness on a scale from 1 - 20 and this number determines their place in society. One being the lowest of the low, but Grace is an Eleven while this number isn't that high it is a rare rating making her valuable to collectors.
Kourtni R.
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my blog.

A big thank you as always to C.E. Wilson for sending me an ARC to read and review!

When I found out that C.E. Wilson was starting a new dystopian series, I had to get my hands on it. I love dystopians and I’ve read several of her books in the past and have quite enjoyed all of them.

I’ll start off by saying that there were times where I felt really uncomfortable reading what was happening. At first, I was so uncomfortable that I couldn’t really get past
Florencia Garcia
I want to thank C. E. Wilson for sending me an ARC (which is special because it's the first one I've ever been sent) in exchange for an honest review.

Gosh, I'm in such a dilemma here...

Untitled Beauty is set in a world where beauty rules, and your looks are all that matter. In this world, people are qualified from 1 to 20; 1 being the ugliest and 20, the most beautiful. Those who are not born beauties, spend their lives changing themselves, trying to get better, to achive the highest mark. Why?
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Imagine living in a world where people judge you and the government rates you by the way you look. Well Grace does. She is an eleven. But an eleven is not too bad. She can hopefully get a higher rating and live a free life. Grace hopes to one day rate higher and be free. Well a girl can dream can’t she?

Things start looking up for Grace when she is bought by a doctor for his daughter. But his daughter doesn’t want anything to do with that “beast”. So Shawn decides that Grace is in need of trainin
Melanie Rodriguez
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
**I received an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review**

C.E. Wilson takes us on a new adventure and brings us the story of Eleven, a girl who is only known as a Potential. In a world where only Beauty thrives, Potentials only have so many chances before they are seen as such. Eleven was once an Eighteen; she never knew why she dropped so far on the scale.

In order for Potentials to be deemed a Beauty and join society, they have to have a sponsor. Eleven was sent to a family with the chance o
Kathy
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Untitled Beauty by C. E. Wilson. In this dystopian world people are not judged on their abilities or intellect. Everything is totally based on how beautiful a person is externally. People are judged on a scale of one to twenty. If you are a twenty, you are in the privileged elite, known as Beauties. If you are rated eleven or above you are seen to have the potential of joining those who are Beauties. But you must have a sponsor to train you and pay for any necessary ...more
Sophie Koufes
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Untitled Beauty is based in this futuristic world where humans are categorized by numbers based on beauty. Grace is at the age of 17 currently a number eleven with potential. This dystopian series is exquisitely written and developed with no plot holes. The writing style is unique & reviting. With fascinating characters that are well developed & realistic with real emotions & flaws. The descriptions of the scenes are very well developed. This novel is a very powerful read as many dif ...more
Bookish_Sally
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book cover is GORGEOUS! This was my first time reading a book by this author! From what I read in this story I have to say I am very curious to read her other stories. I enjoyed the whole story beginning to end. My favorite characters were Eleven and Reese. My least favorite character that I hated was Griff! I would love to read more about other characters in this setting, the Beauties, the Potentials and The Grave Market. Maybe an earlier story on the Aunts and Clark, or even Reese's s ...more
Paula D
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grace is a 11 and that's not a beauty in the governments eyes you have to be a 20 to be rich and live a life not being a slave. Shawn buys her for his daughter but his daughter wants nothing to do with the "beast" Grace meets Reece and he is nice to her but is there more to it than him just being nice? Such a great short story! It really had me thinking about our world and how sick it would be if the world was like this book and scary! Sad part is people judge by looks daily. 5/5 stars really go ...more
Linda Levine
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Eleven is a young woman who has known great pain. She is bought again and finally meets someone who sees her as something more. It gives her hope which is dangerous.

This is a very original story that captured my attention. You have a world where you are judged by your beauty and treated accordingly. You only have so many options to get a good rating or you are nothing.It is very well written and I would definitely recommend it.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
Tonya
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't express how refreshing it is to read a book by C.E. Wilson. her storielines are nothing like anything I've read before and I love it! This book was a real page turner. The characters were well developed and I loved the ending. Can't wait to see what's next!
Kristen
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
The message and tone of this book were enjoyable, but it started feeling rushed toward the end. Overall, though, I liked it.
Brittany Whitmire
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Chantelle Smith
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: itsy-bitsy-books
If you aren’t a beauty, you’re less than a person. You’re a commodity known as a potential, and you have only so many chances to qualify as a human being.

Eleven is seventeen years old and has seen the best and the worst in humanity. Being passed around from owner to owner and abused by the bad, all she has ever hoped and dreamed for is the good. She has just been purchased by a wealthy man who has the ability and money to improve her life and help her become a beauty, but that whether she can pu
Elizabeth Mathis

Eleven. A name. A title. A sentence passed. If you aren’t a Beauty, you’re less than a person. You’re a commodity known as a Potential… and you only have so many chances to qualify as a human being.

In her seventeen years, Eleven has seen the best and worst in humanity. She’s been passed around and abused by the bad. She’s hoped and dreamed for the good. And she’s despaired for the hand she’s been dealt. Now she’s been purchased by a wealthy man who has the ability to improve her life and help he
Italia Franson
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***WARNING SPOILERS*** Untitled Beauty by CE Wilson gets 5 stars for literally rocking my world! While the world this book take place in is very controversial to some, it honestly is just a more upfront version of what society already does. Grace or Eleven is an eleven on a scale with twenty being the highest. If you are a twenty also called a Beauty then you are basically royalty. You can either be born a beauty or made into a beauty by a sponsor. Freedom is taken for granted by the Beauties as ...more
Sam Sheerin
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Untitled Beauty CE Wilson
4 stars

So this kinda took be back to school with the popular kids and the geeky nerds, being pushed around because you either weren't pretty enough or smart and couldn't hang with the cool kids…..

This is a great read, to everybody beauty is a must! But to be scored on your appearance is a whole new level to the beauty standards. If you're 20 you're a beauty, wealthy and God have everything you could wish for (just like the popular kids) if you're not you're a potential!!
Amber Eckstein
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Untitled Beauty
By C.E. Wilson

When I decided to read this book there was so much that drew me to the book from the get go. I mean a world where people are put on a scale for their beauty and this is the way things were? Well to me that is interesting. More interesting than most books. Sure people have done it forever but the way the author wrote it, it was believable.

Women being used. Objectified. We are not far off from times that could potentially be not as far off we would assumed seeing how s
Hayley Guertin
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
"Ever since I could remember, Beauty has always enslaved the Beast." (Wilson, 1).

Untitled Beauty is about a world where the population is divided into two groups: the Beauties, who have human rights, and the Potentials, who don't.

The book opens up with a girl named Eleven being sold to a family, as she is a Potential and doesn't have rights. They are treated worse than dogs.

The story was very interesting. I liked that the story was told through the victim's perspective in such a way that we s
Zara West
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Set in the USA in an unspecified future, Untitled Beauty depicts a society in which the artificially enhanced "Beautiful" are given all the privileges, and those judged ugly are treated as animals: collared, leashed, and forced to obey. If they are lucky, the near beautiful may be offered a chance to become beautiful, but even then they will be indebted for the treatment to their owners.

The story is told in the first person by a teenager who has just been purchased by a cruel man who is out to m
Melissa
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Very unique story. While I really enjoyed this book , I just couldn't quite give it 4 stars. The beginning was awesome. I would even venture to say that 3\4 of the book was awesome but the ending left me wanting. I feel the connection between the 2 MC's needed more depth. Yes they knew each other when they were children and had nicknames for eachother. They found a little kindness in a world where none was offered and of course that would form a bond of sorts but for me it wasn't enough for him ...more
S Paschal
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a world where beauty is everything, Eleven is abused and mistreated because she doesn't match up with society's conception of beauty. When Reese sees her, he tries to help her and convince her of her value. I won't list any spoilers here, but I love this book. It is a commentary on societal pressures to conform both in appearance and behavior among other things, but at its heart is a moving love story.
donna
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beauty vs Potentials

What if you had to be judges at varying ages throughout your life by someone else's idea of what is considered beautiful? Does that seem fair to treat those that others like a non-person, an animal or a possession? Is this where our society is headed? I surely hope not!

Good book with a HEA, makes you think about our society overall.
Francesca
In the end, I finally liked it.

If you can slog your way through the whiny Eleven/Grace portions of the book, and if you can endure the awful world she lives in, and if you can deal with someone who refuses to trust, and you can get to the end of this book, it actually ends pretty well.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: Untitled Beauty by C.E. Wilson--Starting October 1st, 2016 24 14 Oct 15, 2016 02:15PM
Goodreads Feedback: This topic has been closed to new comments. Missing Reviews? 2 26 Sep 22, 2016 07:22AM
Goodreads Librari...: Change Series Name 2 155 Jul 17, 2016 12:25PM
  • Retaliation (The Assassins #1)
  • Severance (Linx, #2)
  • INFECtIOUS (INFECtIOUS, #1)
  • Kill School: Slice
  • Disowned  (Allegiance #1)
  • All That Remains Box Set
  • Uncharted Redemption (Uncharted, #2)
  • Captivated (Talented Saga, #3.5)
  • Alone (Flamestone Trilogy, #1)
  • Act of Defiance (Defiance Gray, #1)
  • The Ruin of the World (The World Without End, #4)
  • Gameland Episodes 1-2 (Gameland #1-2)
  • Until We End
  • Eden's Promise
  • Dysphoria and Grace (The Night Blind Saga #1)
  • Smolder Road (Scorch #6)
  • Concisus (Verita, #2)
  • Compis (Five Tribes, #1)
C.E. Wilson was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, grew up in Millersville, Pennsylvania, and has been living in Pittsburgh since 2009. For the first few years living in Pittsburgh, she was an English teacher. Her first book, "Oath of Servitude," was published in 2012. In 2013, she quit teaching to be a full time author and hasn't looked back since. She loves spending time with her daughter and h ...more

Somewhere-in-Between (3 books)
  • Cruel and Unusual (Somewhere-in-Between, #2)
  • A Death's Awakening (Somewhere-in-Between, #3)