Start by marking “The Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 (The Darkest Frost, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 (The Darkest Frost, #1)

The Darkest Frost, Vol. 1

(The Darkest Frost #1)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  585 Ratings  ·  183 Reviews
GENRE: A Gothic paranormal romance with a twist.
CLIFFHANGER: **YES** This is a two-part serial.

When the ghost of her best friend begs for her help, psychic detective Denieve Knight goes undercover as a live-in domestic to catch a killer. She sets her sights on the most likely suspect: her friend’s mysterious employer, Doctor Braeden Frost.

Dubbed "Dr. Death" by the press,
Published June 22nd 2015 by Virtual Acquisitions (first published January 1st 2015)

Jill
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

A gorgeous doctor believed to be involved in the deaths of a number of his patients....a psychic investigator trying to uncover the truth....and the doctor’s brother, the sexiest nutjob I’ve ever had the pleasure to read about.

It was a dark and stormy night....
Gothic paranormal romance with a twist, pretty much says it all. Big, old scary house, lightning and storms. A ghost, strange happenings and that twist.

A twist of fate....
As with Tanya Holmes' contemporary romance/romantic
Baba
4.5 stars. Full review posted October 15, 2015

photo oie_bJSyBXyaF91y_zpsb8bcyj29.gif
 photo oie_iSbnaGLcIkoL_zpslqzofutc.png
 photo oie_sPp0yz16TmYo_zpsnm9op5uw.gif

“Where’s the other hand?”
“Floating in a pickle jar.”
Xavier rolled his eyes. “Do you realize how insane this sounds?”
“Pots and kettles.”
“Maybe, but I still think that virus spread to your fucking brain months ago.”
Braeden swirled the amber liquid within the glass, his agitation mounting. “Tell me something. Is it even possible for you to construct a sentence without the word ‘fuck’ in it?”
“Why the fuck do you care?”

“She was reciting poetry. ‘Br
Judith
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** I wish I could give this more Stars,just BRILLIANT!! ***

"I've only known you a little over a month,yet it feels like a million years."

I'd read some friends reviews of this and was more than a little intrigued.Paranormal isn't my go to genre,although I've read a few recently.But this is Nothing like any paranormal I've read before.

It's

Unique

Absorbing

Fascinating

And

SO well written

This is a really difficult one to review because,believe me,you don't want anything spoiling this story.

Denieve
Brandi
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Really enjoyed this one. Winter storm took out my internet, so review will have to wait. But it seems I am one of the lucky few who still have power, so no complaints here. That said, already having part 2 on my kindle makes me super happy! :))
Didi
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

This was a very cool and very interesting book! It's a mixture of gothic romance with a heavy dose of the paranormal and a generous side of suspense. When Denieve Knight's best friends ghost implores her for help, the psychic detective knows she must do everything in her power to help her deceased friend. Caryn had died amidst suspicious circumstances, as well as several other people, under the hand of Dr. Braeden Frost. But getting close to the reclusive and potently mysterious Frost pro
Mei
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ATTENTION: THIS BOOK HAS A HUUUUGGGEEE CLIFFHANGER!!!

What’s not to like when you have two hot guys in a highly unusual story?

I must refrain myself from gushing out some heavy spoilers, but I must say that the concept on which the whole story is based is very, very interesting and never before heard of!

I love when I get my hands on a book that grabs my attention the way this one has! :)

Part of the book is first person narration, from the heroine’s POV, and the rest is third person, from the POVs
Ingie
Review written January 21, 2016

4 Stars - Intense, very mysterious and kind of sexy raw. I want more and luckily is there already a volume 2

Book (volume) #1

A growing bunch of friends has been reading this two part series these last weeks. I actually had a very vague idea what it was about but I feel that urgent book-need to try me too. Romances with a touch of paranormal mystery (both m/f and M/M) are also a genres I most often prefer before just simple contemporary. ~ After a month was it at la
Karen
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-reads
So here I am wondering how to review this book without giving anything away. First of all, this is a paranormal, gothic and fantasy romance and suspense with a twist. I don't even read paranormal but based on several reviews I gave it a try. I wasn't surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
Denieve Knight, is a psychic detective who goes undercover to try and find her best friend, (Caryn's) killer who she believes is Dr. Braeden Frost, her friend's employer. The press are all over Dr. Braeden Frost be
Amanda
4 'paranormal suspense' stars

The Darkest Frost such a compelling and engaging read because Tanya Holmes gave nothing away in the blurb. Once I started on this book, I'm thrown into a whirlwind of suspense, paranormal twist and surprising revelation at every turn. It is extremely difficult for me to talk about the story without giving anything away. But I shall try my very best to keep this spoiler free.

Denieve Knight is a psychic that had been summoned by her late best friend to investigate on h
Claire Robinson
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "You must understand... I am what I do." Stars!

I didn’t really know what to expect when I started reading The Darkest Frost as although the synopsis gives you a little hint of what the story is about, it doesn’t really give you any information as to what direction the story may take, the backgrounds of the lead characters or the unusual skills and talents that both of them are living and dealing with.

The thing is, I cannot really give too much away in relation to the plot without offering up
Mo
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I am not a huge fan of PNR but saw this doing the rounds and a lot of my friends enjoyed it. I have read another book by Ms Holmes before and enjoyed it. I sort of avoided reviews as there is a bit of a twist in it that is quite a surprise.
I didn't
Karla

4.5 Stars! A unique, complex, absorbing read!

Tanya Holmes has quite the imagination, I can’t recall reading anything quite like The Darkest Frost and it was a refreshing…a real page turner! This is going to be a nice treat for fans of the paranormal genre, it certainly was for me!

First few pages in, I wondered where the heck this story was headed, few more after that it had me raising my eyebrows, not in a bad way, more like…wow, this is really good! I’m not even going to get into the plot , be
Jen
Wow! What an ending to the first part!! I am so darn glad that I waited until both volumes were out before I started!! (yes, I cheat!!) I am going to keep this brief as I am dying to start volume two immediately! I quite enjoyed this story, although I will be honest and say that there were parts that felt kind of slow for me. There were times when I would sigh and say...Boring!! LOL It is true though, towards the end the story does start to pick up. I am very into it at this point. The other thi ...more
Aisling Zena

There's not much that I can say for this without spoilers so I'll just say
description

It's brilliant, original and unlike anything I've read so far. It has mystery, intrigue, murder, love, supernatural elements, awesome sex and men to root for.

What are you waiting for?!

description

** Copy generously gifted to me by the awesome SueBee. Thank you again. You're the best!
Zamora
description

I got an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

What a breath of fresh air! I'm not really into these sort of modern gothic romance type books. I like the classic kind, but I figured I would give it a try and I'm very glad I did. It was an unusual story that I had a hard time predicting. These things usually go one way or another, but this one went sideways. It was a welcomed surprise that didn't end. Every page had some new discovery. I'm sorry if this sounds vague, but I don't want to give anyth
Abbie Rios
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received copy of book for honest review: This story has heat, conflict, well-developed and distinct characters, hot romance & a compelling plot to boot. Highly recommended.

Meet Denieve Knight, psychic detective.

description

Welcome to The Frost Estate where she goes undercover as Danielle Reed, housekeeper to the infamous Dr. Braeden Frost. This is his house. Would you go in there?

description

Once inside she immediately encounters the angry ghost of her best friend.

descriptionhttp://readingsbyheaven.webs.com/medi...

She soon re
Nikki ღ Navareus

This story was truly a little slow to start. But when Denieve and Braeden had their first sexual encounter, it knocked my sock off. Super hot!!!

The story really picked up from there, and kept me totally sucked in. The story is very unique, and there's absolutely no guessing what was going to happen next. I'm itching to see what will happen with these three characters. Ooh, and that scene with Xavier towards the ending. OMG!!

Starting book two immediately! :)
KathyAnne
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-favorites
I was first introduced to Tanya Holmes when I read Within Temptation. It was one of my top favorite books last year. So, yes, I was looking forward to something new from her and she did not disappoint! This book blew my mind... I LOVED it! Another one to add to my top favorites this year.
This is a book that you must go into blind. Stay away from those overly descriptive reviews that reveal anything about the plot. The element of surprise is what made this book so good. This story is incredibly
Kate's Corner
I’ve read a lot of urban fantasy/paranormal and some gothic in my time. I can tell if something is good or not and this is absolutely epic. I’ve been wracking my brain in how to write a review without giving anything away. My best bet is to keep it vague. Think of a crossover of Alice in Wonderland meets Supernatural. You don't get Dean & Sam Winchester but there are two equally hot brothers.

Denieve Knight is a psychic detective but is undercover at the Frost house as the housekeeper, Danie
Jessica Gadziala
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Okay. Well. I loved this. This was just the kind of book I needed- something very different. Kudos to Miss Holmes for coming up with this idea.

I will say, the first 10-15 pages or so were a little slow... especially with the time jumping. BUT once that was settled, I immediately started to love the characters and as the plot unfolded, that as well. Braedon was great, but can we talk about Xavier? Omg.

It's not a super romancy book though that is certainly a prominent element. Just with that... w
Vishous
Very weird twist, but it works, it actually works really good. Unbelievable, but somehow it works bloody amazing. Oh the sequel will be great, I can see it already. The promise of possible things to happen.... oh I get shivers only imagining it....
♥Sharon♥
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this!

I decided to do one review after completing TDF2!

Debbie
5 Amazing, Fabulous Stars!!!!

I don't give 5 stars easily. This story and the characters got under my skin and lived and breathed. It took me 4 days to read this book. 4 days to let it simmer. 4 days to savor every word. I have read nearly 50 books this year and only one other earned 5 stars from me. Thank you Tanya Holmes for your awesome words and sharing your amazing gift.

This is a tough book to review without giving away integral parts of the story so I am going to refrain from any sort of o
Karen
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Intriguing start! Must check back for my review after I finish Vol 2!
-y.a
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to -y.a by: Jill
A gothic romance with something paranormal going on is the basic setting for this book. I don’t think there is any solid world building, btw. In short, there are three main characters: Denieve, Braeden Frost, and Xavier Frost-one heroine and twin brothers. I admit I am not a fan of love triangle and cheating plot, and this type of casting spook me a bit. That being said,

Is there a love triangle here? Yes... and No.
Is there a cheating? Yes....and No.

*headesk* Don't shoot me. I have no answers fo
Angie **loves angst**
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"A withering bud awaits the kiss of rain, a kindness to make it bloom."

So I must admit that when Tanya first contacted me and asked me to review The Darkest Frost I was a bit apprehensive. Gothic romances are not really my thing, but I'm always open to trying new things so I decided to give it a try. The risk was definitely worth it because I really enjoyed this book.

description

Now I'm going to provide limited details on the plot because the true beauty comes from experiencing all the surprises as you read
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you ☆

The Darkest Frost is part one of a duet (two- part series). It was dark, it was thrilling, it was evocative, and it most definitely intrigued me.

description

While I’ve never really ventured into a genre like this, it was albeit, surprisingly right up my alley of suspense and mystery.

Psychic detective Denieve Knight wants to uncover the death behind a friend of hers.

All clues point to Dr. Braedon Frost, whom all of his patients
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
My friend and co-blogger has been telling me for MONTHS to read The Darkest Frost. She has gushed and gently prodded me, and once I had time in my reading schedule, so I finally had the absolute pleasure of meeting Dr. Braeden Frost and his brother Xavier. I read both volumes back-to-back, so writing this review/letter will be an amalgam of both.

Psychic detective Denieve Knight goes into the home of Dr. Frost in hopes of solving a murder. She has been visited by a ghost from her past and needs t
Jan
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I was thinking in giving it 4.5 Stars but the last 20% of the story just did it for me.
Extremely original and refreshing!
Bookbabe
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this in one sitting. It took me about seven hours with a few bathroom and beverage breaks. Nice, unusual, page turning story with scorcher sex scenes and two hot pieces of eye candy to keep you warm. One's an emotionally repressed introverted hottie. The other is a sexy nutcase. That's a wonderful combination and the heroine is the kind you can root for. She's likable and smart. To try and categorize this little gem is hard. It's got your basic gothic elements with the ghost and the creep ...more
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {699} The Darkest Frost OPEN 31 126 Jul 30, 2015 03:39PM
  • With Ties That Bind (With Ties That Bind: Broken Bonds #1)
  • Gabriel
  • The Flesh Cartel #15: Twenty-Five
  • Chemistry
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • The Muse (Irresistible, #5)
  • Tyler Tied Up (Nature of Desire #7.2)
  • Unbreakable
  • Out of Plans (The Mercenaries, #2)
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • His Name Is Sir (The Power to Please, #3)
  • First Blood (GORGON, #2)
  • The Devil's Pawn
  • Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder (Chance Assassin, #1)
  • Darkroom (Darkroom Saga, #1)
Amazon Bestselling Author Tanya Holmes is a Golden Leaf double-finalist, a Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist, a recipient of the Maggie Award, the MICA Award, as well as Overall Winner of the Sandy Haddad Award and a two-time finalist and one-time winner of The Emily (Best of the Best). She's happily married with children and loves reading, writing and a good cup of coffee---but not ...more

The Darkest Frost (2 books)
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 2 (The Darkest Frost, #2)