Start by marking “Stalking the Demon (The Seven Circles of Hell, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stalking the Demon (The Seven Circles of Hell, #2)

Stalking the Demon

(The Seven Circles of Hell #2)

Six months ago, the disgraced wizard, Alloran, sacrificed his hand to rescue the woman he loves from his traitorous friend, Ladanyon. Despite saving the city from a demon, his reputation remains tarnished, and the council of wizards has penalised him severely for the practise of banned magic.

Now he learns his desperate efforts to stop Ladanyon led more to damnation than sa
Kindle Edition, First, 144 pages
Published October 31st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Stalking the Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalking the Demon

Start your review of Stalking the Demon (The Seven Circles of Hell, #2)
Diantha Jones
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, magic, wizards
ORIGINALLY POSTED TO DJ'S BOOK CORNER

Stalking the Demon was a well written, detailed fantasy about wizards and the seven circles of hell. I will admit that I found myself often confused with the waterfall of information I had to consume. It was because this was book two and I hadn't read book one first. I definitely could have benefitted from reading book one first, but I made it through and that's all that matters.

The writing was SUPERB in this book, let me just say that up front. It was a shor
Richard
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
[Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book on NetGalley in return for a review]

Another short book. Or am I just reading really fast all of a sudden?

It's also another book I requested to review pretty much based on the cover, but there you go.

I enjoyed this book, but it does have a fairly big flaw I feel - the events of the book take place 6 months after some other fairly big events, and is a continuation of them in a way. Of course, if like me you jumped in at book 2 then you're going to
Samantha Strong
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Stalking the Demon is a solid sequel to the debut Confronting the Demon. Both books are on the shorter side, two novellas with complete story arcs, and both have intriguing plots and thoroughly fleshed-out worlds.

One of the only complaints I had about the first book was that I wanted to know even more about the world that the characters live in. Specifically, I wanted to know about the magic system and the political landscape in Alloran's world, and this book delivers both, along with a big dose
Montzalee Wittmann
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Stalking the Demon is a great fantasy novel but second in the series. Unfortunately, this is one that is confusing to jump right into without reading the first one. I would like to have a bit of a summary of the first book to start so it would not have taken so long to get into the book. This is the only fault I find in the book. If the reader had that summary, it would make more sense throughout the book. READ BOOK ONE FIRST. This is a great book but do read them in order. This book has a great ...more
Kim
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We meet again! "Stalking The Demon" by Ciara Ballintyne
First of all if you didn't read the first book "Confronting The Demon" do it! I was lucky enough to receive a Arc of the next book(which I was waiting for after reading the first) I was not disappointed! This author writes sci-fi like no other, kick butt action and suspense all the way through both books. Alloran is known as the destroyer of worlds, does he deserve this title? The council and other residents blame him and his renegade so-cal
Katy
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a fascinating sequel, and ends with the bad guy at large, so there must be at least one more book (I certainly hope so)! The wizard Alloran is in deep hot water now, with his love Gisayne suffering from a life-threatening illness that no physician can heal, the fabric of reality starting to unravel, a vindictive wizard on the council trying to silence or execute him, and a traitor in the midst, this action-packed story keeps you on the edge of your seat as you wonder HOW is Alloran goin ...more
Caroline Slee
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I waited for this sequel, as did my teenager. We have now both finished it, ooh’ed and aah’ed over it and I have come up with a very short review.

WHEN WILL THE NEXT BOOK BE OUT?!

We met Alloran, Dek, and Gisayne in “Confronting the Demon.” In “Stalking the Demon,” we learn how romance blossoms and politics play a role when facing the end of the world.

I don’t want to present any spoilers here in the review, suffice it to say that I was captivated by setting, love, betrayal, the worry Alloran faces
Joseph Slonaker
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recently I was lucky enough to be selected to read an eARC of Stalking the Demon. You should all be jealous.

Without giving anything away, I need to say Stalking the Demon was quick and intricate, but slow and methodical at the same time. I found myself constantly trying to figure out what would happen next, and was usually wrong. There was a great amount of action and suspense that really grabbed me and kept me reading until the end.

A great job and good read (Forgive the pun!) for Sci-Fi fans.
Shawn Wickersheim
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A spectacular read. Vivid, imaginative, action-packed, though this is a compact novel, there is a lot of story here. Interesting magic and world building too. Another great fantasy novel by this author.
Nate
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a good read. It had a little bit of anything: love, loss, and betrayal. Great plot and characters too. Overall a great read for anyone interested.
Viktoria Michaelis
Saviour Emmanuel
Sep 22, 2020
Jessica Dickerson
Oct 26, 2020
Ciara Ballintyne was born in 1981 in Sydney, Australia, where she lives with her husband, two daughters, one masochistic cat, and one cat with a god complex. She holds degrees in law and accounting, and has been a practising financial services lawyer since 2004. She is both an idealist and a cynic.

She started reading epic fantasy at the age of nine, when she kidnapped Castle of Wizardry by David E

The Seven Circles of Hell (3 books)
  • Confronting the Demon (The Seven Circles of Hell, #1)
  • Becoming the Demon (The Seven Circles of Hell, #3)