Start by marking “Pretend (Blackcreek, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pretend (Blackcreek, #3)

Pretend

(Blackcreek #3)

Mason Alexander thought all he wanted in life was something to call his own—something without the family name attached. He got that when he bought his bar in Blackcreek...but then a hard truth opens his eyes that he’s been lied to his whole life, and he’s tangled amid the family that loves him, a truth that haunts him, and torn between the life he wants for himself and the ...more
Published December 29th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Pretend, please sign up.
Diana Mason is the bartender at the bar that the gang played pool at. Gavin is an old friend on Braden's.
Elle Unfortunately Riley Hart said on her website (January 24, 2015): "As you know the Blackcreek series has ended, and the Broken Pieces series ends with…moreUnfortunately Riley Hart said on her website (January 24, 2015): "As you know the Blackcreek series has ended, and the Broken Pieces series ends with Ben's book. That's not to say I won't write a novella for a couple or two, (that's not a for sure either way) but as for full length books with new characters, both of those series will be finished."(less)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
2.75 cause-I-love-me-some-ass-action stars

I'm feeling lazy, so:

First, the GOOD:

- lots of rimming; god, the shit Gavin did with his tongue!

- plenty of fucking (Mason is the bossiest bottom ever created!)

- some bonding/friendship moments with the guys from books 1 and 2

- blue-collar bar setting with a piano and everything

BUT.

I'm quoting my bestie Catherine because I really can't say it any better:

There wasn't really any trajectory for their relationship . . . They met. They started boning.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Really enjoyed this one!

Loved the banter between Mason and Gavin!

Loved bossy bottom Mason!

Loved that there was no juvenile relationship drama!

.5 deduction for annoying Isaac and the family drama!

Great addition to the series!
Gigi
The third book in the Blackcreek series focuses on bar owner Mason and ex-music teacher Gavin. Both men are battling their parents for control over their lives. Mason's parents want him to take over the family restaurant and Gavin's parents want him to pretend he isn't gay when they are together.

I really enjoyed this book in the series (but Stay remains my #1) and the chance to visit with the characters from the first 2 books. One thing that was refreshing about this book was that Mason and Gavi
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 3.5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're making me feel things, too, music man. Go to bed with me. Fuck me. Play for me. Show me your music."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Pretend is book three in the Blackcreek series. This one was about Mason and Gavin, both of these men are trying to get away from something in their lives. They decide to do it by moving to Blackcreek. Mason opened up his own bar and has been in this town since, where
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
Hmmmmmm, 3 Stars, Rounded Down...Review tomorrow. Cause I'm feel like jumping right into some more man sex at the moment.

12/19/14: Pre-Ordered and I can't wait!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

I. WANT. IT.

description
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

Four "Holy-Hotness, Batman" Stars!

photo 89D0B368-063E-4499-8A05-7431C9EF0BA4_zpszbas3qno.gif

Pretend,
book three in the Blackcreek Series, gives us the angsty love story of Mason and Gavin. Mason we met in Wes and Braden's book, is the new owner of Creekside bar. Coming from a wealthy family of restauranteurs, he strives to have something for himself...not some high-end restaurant his father gives to him. He also struggles with finding out he's adopted...feeling like his life is one big lie. Why couldn't his parents tell him he wasn't their own flesh an
Catherine
*** 2.5 Stars ***

I fully acknowledge that my rating may be a smidgen harsh. In fact, I would happily spring for an extra .25 stars if I believed in doing such a thing, but I don't, so... *awkward pause* Anywhooo, I thought this book was just alright. It wasn't particularly angsty, but nor was it particularly fluffy and sweet. It just kind of... was. Quite frankly, this sort of middle of the road book tends to bore me a bit.

Overall, I found Gavin and Mason to be pretty stock romantic characters
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

"I have never had to pretend with you. Even from the beginning, you knew who I was. I showed that person to you before I did anyone else."

Thank you, Riley Hart for starting my year off on the right foot! This was a wonderfully sweet and saucy "finding yourself" read.

Gavin and Mason are both living with the burden of their families' expectations. Both men trying to find happiness on their own path and their own place in the world.

After discovering that his whole life has been a
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3.5 Stars

I started this book expecting to love, at least Mason, if not Gavin too. And for the most part I did. I liked both of them. I just never really connected. I wasn't overly anxious to see how things would go between them. I was never really invested in their story. It was such a shame too.

Mason and Gavin connect over their reluctance to meet family
~Mindy Lynn~
★☆★☆★

I really do love this series and the men in them. I don't think I could even pick a favorite couple. I adore them all.

Mason and Gavin were just so freaking perfect for each other. I LOVED them together. I loved that it wasn't instant love and that they were kind of friends with benefits just kind of feeling each other out and getting to know each other. I enjoyed how the relationship developed and how they just gradually moved from hanging out to dating to being in a relationship. Each tr
Barbara
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, angst, hot

BR with Friends - 26/01/15

I wanted to love this book because Riley Hart is one of my favorite authors. But it was just an okay read for me it didn’t wow me. The story is very predictable, and it was kinda boring sometimes. Maybe because there was so much family issues also the word Pretend, shows up so many times throughout the book that it lost all is purpose.We do catch up with the guys from the previous books, but this book could be read as a standalone if you wanted to jump straight into th
Lyndy Ann ♫
Shelves: m-m
Back to Blackcreek and another sexy couple Mason and Gavin.

Mason owns the local bar Creekside and he love's his bar, he has turned his back on the family business and his ex boyfriend.

Gavin come's to Blackcreek to start a new life after losing his job for being gay and escaping his parents who will not accept him for who he is.

Gavin walks into Mason's bar one night and soon everything changes for them both. Jumping out of a plane, music lessons and then they both have to deal with their family p
Wendy
I was a bit afraid to read this one because if all the reviews, but I have to say, I really did like it. Not as much as the others in this series, but for me....I really enjoyed reading it.

I do think Mason could have been a bit mor tactfull about the whole " I don't fuck..I only want to be fucked". Also he knew Gavin was missing it and isn't a realtionship give and take ?

Well...I'm not a gay man, so I don't know how they all work that stuff out.

I did like bossy Mason, but sometimes it was a bit
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

It was OK, Great sex but the story itself was a bit bland for my tastes.
Isabel
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, m-m
I have some conflicted feelings about this book... I loved Mason and Gavin together... they have a great sexual chemistry! The sex is really hot, but their relationship kind of born from nowhere! And then, when you think that they are good and having a great sex session, comes the bomb! Couldn't they work their problems together? And please, tell me why there has to be so much drama on both sides? Probably it's me, I must be with a very low level of patience, but please... (view spoiler) ...more
* A Reader Obsessed *
A solid entry for this series but overall, it did not evoke the same feels I got with the previous two.

Mason basically has had a midlife crisis, spurring him to leave his old life and revamp the bar in Blackcreek. He’s doing well for himself and is satisfied with working hard and focusing on his latest endeavor. He’s not looking for a relationship, but when Gavin crosses his path, he’s definitely not adverse to a little fun, despite hiring him to help out at his bar.

Gavin is not without his own
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
Well ... now is the time for my true statement right?? :P

I love all of my Blackcreek boys and that’s not the surprise, the surprise is this that ”I didn’t liked the last installment of this series, can anything be more shocking then THIS??

I had a lot of expectations with this last book, and lol all went in vail or you can say hell!! I liked Manson in “Stay” and I was totally intrigued to read his book but Gavin, God I was totally in ecstasy that I will read about Brandon’s first boyfriend. But
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN

Hmm, I have mixed feelings about this. It's not that I didn't like it, I did. It's just that the biggest part of it was about the main characters' families rather than their own life. I would have preferred more Mason-Gavin time.
It had great moments, like the part when Mason takes Gavin for sky-diving:

"And then nothing but quiet peace, the world at his fingertips.
When his feet hit the ground, all Gavin could think was about flying again. He wanted to spend the rest of hos life that way."

I like
Bitchie
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. I liked the characters, although there wasn't always a lot, personality wise, to tell them apart, until they got to the bedroom, where Mason was just the bossiest, toppiest, bottom EVER, which I loved.

I didn't really get why Mason was SO upset about the secret his parents kept from him, felt like an OTT reaction to me, but I've never been in that situation. I really felt for Gavin though, it must be horrible to have your parents feel like his did.

This book had some VER
Alice
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars..

Really enjoyed this one, but it wasn't as good as the first two books in this series.. I had a good time reading it, but something was missing.

We met Mason in book two- he's the owner of the new bar in Blackcreek and we heard of Gavin in the same book- he's (view spoiler) a music teacher who moves to Blackcreek after losing his job.

They're both dealing with family problems and they're tired of pretending to be how their families want them t
Richard
Mar 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: aaa-2
Now- I get that in relationships there may be a total top and/or total bottom. In the early stages of a potential loving, committed, long-term relationship there would be a dialogue between the guys sharing why one may not be versatile in the butt fucking area. A nice chat, everyone understands, kisses and hugs, perfectly fine, on the same page, lot's of I love yous, now roll the fuck over you total bottom.(That's how 2 grown gay adult men would handle things.)

And then there is Mason and Gavin.

I
✦❋Arianna✦❋
3.5 STARS
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I know this didnt work for my besties but it did for me. Its just what I needed right now. Please dont make a story for Isaac I really dont like him
Elsbeth

Pretend is the 3rd installment of the series Blackcreek, so having read the previous books , I wanted this to be a good ending of the series!!

It was good seeing Noah and Cooper (Collide #1) and Wes and Braden (Stay #2). And yay (view spoiler)

But…… Mason and Gavin didn’t work for me much.. I never connected with them. There were so many family issues and quite frankly the story just bored me sometimes…

The thing that kept me going was d
Keveen
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 STARS

The 0.5 star was for the two other couples in the series.

So I was really disappointed with this book because I really loved the first one and thought that the second book is good. This one though was really boring and didn't have anything, really.

So I'm going to list down what I wrote in my notes while reading this book:

1. No to little steam and more like friendship chemistry than love chemistry.

- Seriously though. They only had it when they had that one sex scene. (view spoiler)
Alvin
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: closet-kings
Out of the three Blackcreek books so far, I think this is the most contemplative. It made me think about myself and my relationship with my loved ones. It struck a chord at me.

The only problem that I had was it didn't held my attention enough. But I still liked it very much.

I'm curious now which Blackcreek character will have a book next. I hoping for Isaac and Fred. XD

4 STARS.

MY PRE-REVIEW:
THAT COVER!!!

AND INSIDE, I'M LIKE THIS...

CAN'T WAIT!!!

my Collide review
my Stay review
Polly
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wasn't my fav of the series but still a great and super steamy read.

I'm going to read more m/m this year. They tend to not piss me off as much..hahaha
Meags
3.5 Stars

I'm feeling a little conflicted over this one. I've never rated a Riley Hart book lower than 4 stars before, but I guess there's a first time for everything. Basically, I didn't love it... But more importantly, I didn't hate it.

I guess my problem is a simple one: I don't generally enjoy stories which heavily revolve around meddling and/or preachy parents. Both Mason and Gavin struggle with being what their parents expect them to be, while also trying to stay true to themselves. This wa
BWT (Belen)
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction
A really well written story, with really well fleshed out characters.

We also got a chance to catch up a bit with Wes and Braden, and, on a smaller scale, Cooper and Noah.

But, it just fell flat for me. I didn't really connect with either Mason or Gavin. It was hard for me to really invest in their story until about 85% in, and then (view spoiler)

So, all in all, not my favorite of the series, but I'll look fo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Challenge Fac...: Ezi & Lou - Pretend 32 14 Feb 28, 2015 02:35PM
BR with my ladeis Monday 26 January 17 25 Jan 31, 2015 04:20AM
Turning Pages At ...: Pretend (Blackcreek #3) by Riley Hart 60 21 Jan 12, 2015 10:55AM

• Full Disclosure (Nice Guys, #2)
  • The Empty Box (The Square Peg, #3)
  • Sidelined (Southern Scrimmage #2)
  • The Only One Who Knows (The Only One, #1)
  • Consent (Power Exchange, #3)
  • Misfits (Urban Soul, #1)
  • A Clean Break (Gay Amish Romance #2)
  • Jumping In (ALPHAS #6)
  • Life, Some Assembly Required (The Rebuilding Year, #2)
  • Everything Carries Me to You (Axton & Leander #3)
  • Dex in Blue (Johnnies, #2)
  • Without Secrets (With or Without, #4)
  • Hook, Line, & Sinker (Hard Hats, #2)
  • Fever Pitch (Love Lessons, #2)
  • Sand & Water
  • Continental Divide (Separate Ways, #1)
  • Forget Me Not (The Unforgettable Duet #1)
  • A Fighting Man (Men of Manhattan, #3)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.

Blackcreek (3 books)
  • Collide (Blackcreek, #1)
  • Stay (Blackcreek, #2)
“He could live forever. He could die in a second. None of it mattered.” 2 likes
“There was something so powerful in sex. So demanding and owning that made Mason feel like he could conquer the world.” 1 likes