Start by marking “Blind (Senses #1)” as Want to Read:
Blind (Senses #1)

Blind

(Senses #1)

Published September 1st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Blind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind

Rejane
Slut shame from heroine and friends, manwhore hero who parades his conquests in front of heroine when he knows she’s in love with him, pathetic heroine who wants to be like the “sluts” (yes, the same she slut shame) to be noticed by the hero, etc. etc. etc.

🤮🤮🤮🤮

Sabrina
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not BLIND, just STUBBORN.
He loves her but has commitment issues. She LOVES him but cant make him commit. She changes strategies but he still keeps running...and fucking airheads while she keeps her nights open so he can spend time with her before and after his fights.

I say DUMP HIS ASS girl!!! Just sayin' ::grins::
Judith
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this

Super sexy, fun read with great characters.

Enjoyed the style of writing, especially when the characters ' spoke 'to the reader.

Laid up with bad back so I read in one sitting in a few hours as it's a short book, of to read the next one

If you fancy something hot and sexy that doesn't take itself too seriously, definitely give it a go.
Kora Knight
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, this was like the funnest read EVER. Loved the POVs from both characters and how they were both so believable. And colorful! Maxx is really great and open-minded and understanding. Which took some getting used to at first, but the more I came to understand her and Logan's dynamic and history, it did make a lot more sense. And was pretty dang refreshing, I might add. Which served to avert a lot of anger and jealous vibes that are uncomfortable enough as it is for me to read. And Logan is ju ...more
Georgina Parkin
Mar 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
1.5 stars.

Honestly, the writing style wasn't for me at all. There is constant inner monologues that talk directly to the reader as if you're in the room with them, and while I kinda understand it, I don't like it. The protagonists were so infuriating I was constantly just staring at the screen trying to compute. He likes to sleep around and the way he talks about it legit made me feel ill. He's gods gift to earth and knows his bestie is in love with him but selfishly keeps her at an arms length
Snow
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit!
This was the funniest piece I've read lately.
apart from the steamy sex and high voltage intensity and temptation between the main characters - Maxx "oh-but-so-temptatious-book-nerd" and "God's-given-gift-to-women-broken-man-whore" of a fighter Logan - the neverending story of two friends fighting the impulse, the attraction towards each other on the path to become lovers.

The game of cat and mouse, of play and tease, of win and lose game where you're actually not sure which happens when
Sobia
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
A serial is a whole story broken into installments. Or a story written/published in installments, the point is that they don't have a concrete ending.

A series relates to a set of books that are connected. And in romancelandia,They have HEA's dammit!

So calling this book 1 in the senses series ( which is how it's sold on amazon, B&N, etc) is very very misleading, because it's a freaking serial...*sigh* so now, I'm not only pissed because I read a serial ( which I freaking hate) , but I'm also
Leigh
May 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
Sorry but No. Blind didn't work for me at all. While a man whore or the women that love them usually never bothers me, everything with this one bothered me so much that if it wasn't so short it would have been shelved as a DNF. So first we have Maxx doormat, BFF whose madly in love with Logan and he totally knows it which was a complete turn off. Now we have Logan the man whore who guess what also loves Maxx but is no good for her, WOW never read that before. Oh yeah and they're roommates with t ...more
Tiffany Readz
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first New Adult novel from Xavier Neal and she did and outstanding job with it. She has a writing style that I haven't come across in my years of reading and I'm not sure what to even call it. It bothered me the first few pages, but after I got the hang of it I was cracking up. The characters are almost arguing with, or chiding the reader and it was great!

On the surface Logan Kellar is a douche bag to the max (pun intended). He is a gorgeous amateur MMA fighter that all the ladies l
DKristin
This was a 4.5 star read for me. I 110% loved this story, I loved Logan, but Maxx was a breath of fresh air for me in particular. I read various sub-genres of romance and because I am a person of color who doesn't discriminate when it comes to romance one of those sub-genres happens to be interracial romance. One thing that I often find myself smh at or feeling could be done better is how people from different cultures relate to one another in these types of books. I think that where one grows u ...more
Hanne
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I liked Logan and Maxx. I loved the way they talked to me.
What I didn’t like was that they aren’t a couple at the end. Logan was sleeping with other women for more than half of the novella. It also wasn’t clear why Logan didn’t want to be with Maxx, but he was attracted to her.
Elle1986
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay folks here is the dealio... I liked this book, it made me giggle like a school girl... did I think it was drop dead funny... NOPE but it was cute and I enjoyed it... however it was a bit of a cock tease... I will explain

****Kind of some damn spoilers just an fyi****

This book is packed with so much sexual tension you can cut it with a knife.. and YES we do get some..."relief" but it's not the actual DEED... I mean I was crossing my fingers so hard that these two get it in... then cliff freak
Sweet Daisey
I seriously enjoyed this book especially when the characters talk directly to the reader. I enjoyed this book so much I am almost not pissed about the cliffhanger. Almost. Blind had many elements I like, a sex on a stick H who is an amateur MMA fighter, strong sassy lovely h who does not know how lovely she is, unrequited love between the two, great supporting friends and huge amounts of sexual tension. All that angst swirling around and then just as it's getting good BAM, cliffhanger. All hot a ...more
Jan
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Omg nooo! cliffhanger

Logan & Max have loved & cared for each other for years, Max lost her parents & Logan was a punch bag for his dad.

logan would climb in Max's window at night seeking comfort & curl up to her ( yep this got me).

Now older Logan is a fighter & Max works were he fights they share a home with 2 Other house mates & they are all like family.

Neither admit there true feelings, Logan continues with his man whore ways afraid of commitment.

Things begin to chan
Teri
I really did not like this writing style. Every paragraphs is broken up with inner thoughts directed at the reader. I can see how some would like that, but i did not. Also, and I know that this a popular thing to do, but the manwhore and sexy best friend that doesn't know she's sexy that has been in love with him forever and never dates or has sex and then someone is interested and suddenly manwhore pulls his head out of his ass? I don't know, it's kind of annoying.
I liked Luke a lot. N
Ange from Cover to Cover Book Blog
I love when I get dual first person point of view and that’s exactly what Xavier Neal gives us here. The style of writing kept a smile on my face and had me laughing most of the time.

Logan. MMA fighter. Hot as sin. Dark past. Extreme lover of the v-jj. He lives with his three best friends, Maxx, Erin, and Luke (who happens to be Erin’s brother). Logan has it all going for him. He wins fights. He has hordes of women throwing themselves at him. What more can a young hot single man ask for? Howeve
Michele
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
So what can I say to get you to read this book, because seriously, it's amazing.

Sexy MMA Fighter - Check
Hot Nerd girl - Check
Some hot sexy time - Check
Laugh Out Loud moments - Check

If that's not enough to get you interested, how about this.

Xavier has an amazing ability to connect you to the characters from page one. They speak to you in away that no other character has ;) Read the book and you'll see what I mean.

Though the story is about Logan and Maxx, let's not forget their friends Luke an
RelentlessBookChic Ramblings & Reviews
This book was a fun and entertaining read. The MMA fighting story is usually very generic but I felt she switched some things up in this one and it make it more interesting. I still felt it was a little predictable.

I loved and I can't even express enough how much I loved the heroine in this book. Maxx was smart, independent and she was ultimately in the friend zone with MMA fighter Logan. She still didn't come across as weak, needy or any of those usual characteristics they have in other books.
Amy Rogers
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am absolutely blown away that this is Xavier's debut book. Amazinggg!!! I absolutely loved everything about this book! I loved her writing style and how she made us feel we were part of the book by how the characters were interacting with us. My heart breaks for Logan. I'm sad for him because of his past he doesn't feel like he deserves Maxx and the love she so wants to give him and that he wants. His mind is so tormented by his past that it makes him push away the one thing he's ever wan ...more
J.L.
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in return for an honest review.

Okay, so this author is new to me. When she offered an ARC I took it because one she's new, and two, the book drew me in. I'm telling you now boy, am I glad I didn't refuse it.

This book is told in dual POV with the inner dialogue being my favorite part. These characters are so relate-able and funny, I was actually laughing so hard I was crying in some scenes. In others well, I was fanning myself because hot damn are they hot.

If you want to
Nikkita
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story!

Wow! I didn't know what to expect when first starting this story. The way Maxx and Logan talk to the reader was different for me, but I actually really loved how it was written like that. Logan has so much heart ache in his life that has created a lot of baggage he deals with on a daily basis. It's messed up his outlook on life and love a like. Maxx has always been in love with Logan an the best friend always by his side. But can they possibly have more?
CJ at Book Happiness
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Must warn you that there is a cliff-hanger but Deaf (book 2) is now available. The story is told from duel points of view, not only do you get the story from Logan and Maxx's point of view you get their internal monologue as well, and it is fun and actually feels as if you're being included in their story. Really enjoyed this and look forward to more from this author.
Cupcake
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, 2014
4 stars.

RE-read first read 5th sep 14
Nicole
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg

Omg I can't believe it ended like that I want the other book please I loved it so much I want more of Maxx and Logan
Linda D. Christiani
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Linda Christiani

I'm so glad I found this series when all the books were out I don't like to wait but now I can't stop until the series is done love her stories!!!
CeCe
HNRY -The inner dialogue was too much for me. Every other paragraph was one thought or another. You may love this, but this did not work for me. Reading is subjective.
Stephanie
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of can we just take a moment to appreciate how amazing Xavier Neal is! I mean like for reals y'all, the writing style is amazing! It will literally make you laugh out loud while crying! It's true talent!

Second of all let's talk about these characters and just how much we can relate to them, how impossible is not love them, how nothing they do can make you dislike them? I mean come on we all know we wanted to hate on Logan for a minute there but we just couldn't. The guy has literally been
Coco.V
Mar 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/25/2018)!💝

Aside from being blind to the fact his best friend, Maxx Hughes, is madly in love with him, Logan 'Unbreakable' Kellar has it made. He's the best amateur fighter at TKO, has a buffet line of women desperate to be taken by him, and three friends that are his family. However, when Maxx crosses over from Logan's blind spot on the side lines to the dead center of his vision, he realizes that he can't stay blind to the fact this girl, is the girl.
Charlotte
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unbreakable is more fragile than all of them

What a great story. Logan feels that by not making any attachments he can break this curse his family has. What he fails to see is he has already fallen in love, and has became attached to his two other friends as well. This book sucks the reader in, then leaves us hanging at the end, so be ready to read book 2.
Teresa Lara
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Maxx and Logan
Cant wait for more
Intense emotional broken beautiful heart stopping love
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Savannah Series Boxed Set (Savannah, #1-4.5)
  • Fight For Me
  • Under His Protection (The White Rose Trilogy #1)
  • A Test of Love (Chasing Love, #2)
  • Visibly Broken
  • Grace for Drowning
  • Save My Soul (Kemmons Brothers Baseball, #1)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Behind The Door (Part 1)
  • The Trainer (Redemption, #1)
  • Skip to the Good Part 2: 20 Authors Reveal Their Steamiest Scenes
  • Stand Of Honor (Stand, #1)
  • Claimed by the Alphas (Claimed, #1-6)
  • Worth the Fight (Hard to Love, #1)
  • The Fighting Series Box Set: BONUS: Fighting the Fall Prologue
  • Taming Dex (69 Bottles #4)
  • Beautiful Lies
  • Uncaged Love, Volume 2 (Uncaged Love, #2)
I'm an Amazon Bestselling Author who has published over fifty works to date.

My latest release, Hike, Hike, Baby is NOW LIVE and FREE IN KU!

One-Click today!

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2KAOA4z
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2K2UfBe
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2L3ePAz
Bookbub: http://bit.ly/2KA7tEW
Books+Main: http://bit.ly/2ZiuUH3

Wanna stay up to date on my work?

Senses (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Vital (Senses #0.5)