Start by marking “rock” as Want to Read:
rock

rock

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  3,698 Ratings  ·  787 Reviews
Igneous.

When Cooper’s parents divorce, he finds himself landed in Week About—one week with his mum and one week with his dad.
Only, it’s not just his dad he has to live with. There’s Lila, too: The other woman, the one who stole the rock-solid foundation of his life.
And then . . .
There’s Jace. Lila’s son. Lila’s smug, regurgitated-fish-scale-blue eyed son.
All Cooper want
Published October 1st 2014 by Sunday Publications (first published September 30th 2014)

☆ Todd
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

An AMAZING BOOK and now *FREE* with Kindle Unlimited:

===========================================

Sweet Jesus, this book.

The feeling that they're better than you.

The soccer ball to the face.

The slow journey to becoming best friends.

The torment of wanting more.

The " I would have still chosen you. "

The angel on Jace's shoulder to maintain the status quo, not disappoint or upset the family.

The devil on Cooper's shoulder to not give a fuck what other people t
Clau R.
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL.
MishyJo
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-them-all
5 I would have chosen you stars

I loved this book. I read it in more or less one sitting. At work. It was that good. A bright spot in the middle of a massive reading slump. It will certainly end up on my best of 2014 list. Maybe even on my favorites shelf.

There were lots of elements here that I normally don't love in a book but somehow Anyta Sunday used with complete success.

First there was the theme of the rocks. Cooper has collected rocks from the time he was a child as a coping mechanism and t
Jenni Lea

Have you ever been searching for that one story, that one hidden gem, that one perfect read and then after almost giving up in frustration you suddenly find it?

I have.

I’ve been hesitant to write this review because I just don’t know how to put into words what I went through while reading this book.

I was going to say this book destroyed me but though it may have brought me to my knees quite often throughout, in the end I survived and was left with a feeling of hope and happiness.

This isn’t a roma
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**Review may contain minor spoilers. I will spoiler tag all major spoilers**

I debated for a long time whether or not to read this book based on what I'd read in other reviews. It is no secret that I don't read incest, but step-brothers I can usually handle. I had a long discussion with many of my friends, including the lovely Anyta Sunday, and decided to give it a go.

It is impossible to be objective when it comes to a reading experience. It simply isn't possible. Everyone is going to take eleme
Emma Sea
Best book of the year, for me, hands down. Made me cry, but it's not a tear-jerker in the way Amy Lane writes 'em; rather that sadness is a part of our stone too, in that conglomerate life is comprised of. Soft; brittle; shining; friable; muddy; firm - each texture has its place.

The structure is - hell, can I say flawless without it sounding over the top? It means that although this is long - 5219 locations - I was swept up in it so fast it seemed to be over before I knew, even though I was del
Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
5+++++ Fan-fucking-tastic Stars

This book was so damn good I can't even wrap my head around it. As in, in all sincerity, I adored this book so much that I don't even know what to say in review.

So instead, here is Rock's review of me :

Seriously.

This was a beautiful story. Anyta Sunday's writing is flawless and the way she laid this thing out was so unique and cool.

I would recommend this to anyone.
And then to that person's mother.
And then their grandmother.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

♥♥♥ 5 Glowing Opal Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Broken home, broken rules"

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book... I can't believe I didn't read this sooner! I loved it so freaking much!! I don't care how much it hurt me, it was so damn beautiful!!

This stunningly beautiful story begins with a very young Cooper. He is a total geek when it comes to all things rocks, stones, etc. He loves collecting different types of rocks. Life is all goo
Lucía
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Que bonito todo.

Nick Pageant
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
You say you want
Your story to remain untold

description

But all the promises we make
From the cradle to the grave
When all I want is you

Sheziss
This is my first Anyta Sunday's novel and I'm not disappointed.

But I had issues.

First of all, if I was ever aware my father cheated on my mother and had a parallel life with another wife and son and waiting for a baby... I'd pull his eyes out of its sockets with a fork. And then I'd play a little with his intestines. Sort of William Wallace's ending. And if I ever heard another boy calling my father "Dad", I'd rip his skin to bits. Maybe I'm Spanish after all and appreciate what the Inquisition
Judith
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.75 STARS ***

To be honest I hadn't read many reviews for this but I saw it had good ratings and I'm always on the look out for new M/M Authors and when a friend recommended it,it was a must read.
I'm really not into YA romance but it does work for me on some occasions but this didn't fully connect with me,unfortunately.

It's a coming of age story.I think if I'd known how young the two male characters were at the start I would have run to the hills.....

So,Cooper and Jace are 12 and 13 when the
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* by: Bev

This book is a GEM

You guys know I hardly review books lately because sadly I have no time BUT sometimes a book is soooooo friggin good that I need to give my two cents.

First of all, if you feel this is not your thing because it's YA, let me tell you this doesn't feel like YA at all! You remember Superhero? This book is completely different but it's the same kind of YA if you know what I mean.

This story will bring you back to your teen years. Do you remember when flirting with someone meant insul
Ele
~4.5 stars~

I hated this book.

I LOVED it.

It didn't matter that the characters' actions made me angry. It didn't matter that, sometimes, they seemed too oblivious or too naive to things that were so obvious to the reader. It didn't matter that I believe some of the angst could have been avoided. And most importantly, The Letter! It simply doesn't matter. All that matters is...
"Memories crash into me with every thrust. We’re standing in the cave on our toes, arms wide, imagining what it would be
Jewel
This book. This insanely well written and executed book. Wrecked me. I've got so many thoughts and so many feelings running through me, I may need an exorcist to get them out.

But what can I say that would really convey the impact this story had on me? I know I will be thinking about it for a long time to come and it has gone straight to my favorites shelf, but there's more. I want to read it again. And I don't. I'm weird like that. But I also know me and I will definitely read this again. Maybe
Cory
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Based on previous reviews by friends I had all of my essentials lined up before starting:

Tissues - check (for tears...not for clean up...get your minds out of the gutter)
Antidepressants - check
Booze (lots of it) - check

With all of my backup, I felt totally confident that I would make it through this book unscathed. WRONG! But sometimes the best endings are the ones that take a lot of hard work to get to. And dammit, Jace and Cooper had to put in some work I tell you!

Brought together by a less th
Vivian
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Torn between petting this book and strangling it.

ANGST!

So unnecessary. That said, it was a beautiful story from pigtail pulling to falling in love and a couple of ugly detours along the way. They made me smile, laugh, and groan with their decisions. Thrown together by their parents' relationship, they need to learn to accept each other and abandon the rivalry of us and them. The familial problems were not overly contentious, but the upheaval of tearing apart a unit to make two units is a life ch
Mandy*reads obsessively*

4.5*

“New day, new stone”

I have read quite a few of Anyta Sunday’s books and they’ve have a few things in common.
They are all really good and she has a real talent for writing a story covering a long time period, she keeps me invested and interested in the lives of all the characters, not just the MCs. In this book we follow Cooper, the narrator through his parents divorce and living half of his life with this new family.
A new family that includes Jace..
"How do I stop feeling like this? How do I
Barbara
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, m-m, br, wow

BR with my Girls! HERE - October 13th - Monday!

photo oie_AEWYaIYTutJe_zps35cdc44c.gif

REVIEW

5 "All I Want Is You" Stars

BEAUTIFUL

It was like reading poetry where each verse was about a rock/stone, and each characteristic, were interlaced with the beautiful and magical story of 2 boys; despite my pained heart, and the various degrees of hurt I suffer, I ADORE this journey, each drama, each tear, and each joy!

Some images of what I love and want to keep for reminding me of Cooper and Jace!!

Moeraki Boulders

Waitomo Glow worm Caves

I can'
Justin
5 diamond encrusted stars

How do you write a positive review for a book that absolutely destroyed you? A book that continuously stomped on your heart time and time again? While I was reading Rock, Lori, who’d already read the book, asked me if I was enjoying it. WHAT? HELL NO I was NOT enjoying it. It’s was slowly fucking KILLING ME! I’m an emotional reader anyway, but the characters created here are so real I physically ached for them. I wasn’t sure how I would feel at the end but I couldn’t put
Santino Hassell
Nov 05, 2014 added it
Shelves: ya, gaylit, na
*As per my previous proclamation, I've stopped rating books on here.

This book was a standout read to me. It somehow managed to find a space between gaylit and M/M Romance and fit well in both. IMO it fits in that very specific subgenre of gaylit which focuses on tales of boyhood and coming of age where the reader grows up with the narrator and we are primarily told things from his perspective, but also has a strong romance vein and a happy ending. The style isn't for everyone but it's REALLY wel
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4-4.5 STAR

“This is the story of how I fall in love.
This is the story of how my home breaks and is rebuilt.

This is the story of how I became a rock.”

Since this was my first YA M/M and my first book by this author, I didn’t have any expectations. YA is not my genre of choice, most of the time because I can’t connect with the characters, but from time to time I like to try something new. I was brave enough to try this one and I’m glad that I did, because I enjoyed this book tremendously.
Alona
Wow!!!
What a book!!!
This is one of this books, that have you on the edge of your seat from page one.
Not because it is a mystery, not because you are afraid, it just open your nerve ends and leave your emotions on display for the entire read.
I had tears burning behind my eyes for most of the journey.
The journey of Cooper, who we first meet on the day his life is turning upside down, his life as he knew them, will. Ever be the same.
He is a sensitive 12 year old boy, that collects rocks.
Special roc
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★4.5 Stars★★★★★

Amazing, I absolutely loved this book. A coming of age story which spans from high school to adulthood.

Set in New Zealand, Rock centres around Connor and Jace, who are thrown together when Connor's dad leaves his family to move in with the love of his life, Jace's mum.

Whilst his sister, Annie, is not so keen to integrate with her new family, Connor misses his dad and is keen to find out why the new family are better than his. As a coping mechanism, he collects rocks that he
Dia
4,5 stars

This was my first book by Anyta Sunday and I really liked it! I want to try other books written by her. The writing style is great! I was hooked from the first pages.

I read it in one sitting. Such a soul wrenching story!

I must admit I was surprised the characters were so young when they met, and I'm not a fan of young adult stories, but this was much deeper than I expected, taking place over 10 years.
Cooper and Jace were so young and inexperienced, but from cold stepbrothers they e
Arthur
This is my quirk, I think. When I read a book, I like my characters to be at least 'ordinary' in terms of common sense. Any behavior that is against common sense, while it may not be impossible, would be considered undesirable to me. It's even more undesirable when the whole angst from the book stems from such behavior.

Everyone has problems and committed stupid decisions in their life. However, when the solution of a very big problem is already at hand but they deliberately refuses to embrace it
Bev
This is an exquisite little gem, quite the loveliest and most romantic tale I’ve read this year. I simply fell in love with it. Sheer perfection, desperately sad at times (yes, you WILL need tissues), but so beautifully written that I was moved to tears on several occasions. I can only give it 5 stars, and it's worth millions more.

Jace, you broke my heart, not once, not twice but several times with your seemingly callous disregard for Cooper’s feelings, you hurt him badly. Cooper whom you met wh
.Lili.
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to .Lili. by: Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Shelves: m-m
 photo imagejpg1_zpsca0fb9ad.jpg

Rock by Anyta Sunday is a beautiful coming of age story. I'm not going to go into much detail because I want the next reader to experience that "first time" feeling. I will say that it was exquisitely written. It had a poetic feel and a quiet intensity that kept building and building. I love how it was told not only from Cooper's POV but also told through his beloved rocks. The book has a wonderful group of characters that I fell in love with. This is a love story that spans years and reading th
DW
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-love
Thank you, Jan for recommending this one. It was a really sweet book. I read it pretty quick today and really enjoyed it.

I'm not usually a fan of dragging out love for someone for so many years. It usually gets old and I get bored. It worked here though because it started when they were so young.

I thought that Jace and Cooper were both so sweet. Cooper and his awkward self made me smile and swoon. I also loved Jace for being so good to Cooper.

So sweet!!
Turning Pages At ...: Rock by Anyta Sunday (M/M Buddy Read) 43 20 Jan 09, 2017 08:21AM
Question with spoiler 5 103 Oct 14, 2015 02:21AM
ROCK BR - Irina, Maya, Ingela, Lena & Sofia 15th Nov 2014 29 40 Nov 15, 2014 02:28PM
Monday October 13th ... 19 49 Oct 15, 2014 01:22PM
  • Memorizing You
  • fawn
  • Silent
  • Superhero
  • Signs
  • Something Like Spring (Something Like, #4)
  • Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
  • A Forbidden Rumspringa (Gay Amish Romance #1)
  • Split
  • Gives Light (Gives Light, #1)
  • The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #3)
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Us Three (One Voice, #1)
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • Spectacularly Broken (Spectacularly Broken, #1)
  • Trailer Trash
  • Chase the Storm
  • In The Absence Of Light
Hey guys,

A bit about me: I'm a big, BIG fan of slow-burn romances. I love to read and write stories with characters who slowly fall in love.

Some of my favorite tropes to read and write are: Enemies to Lovers, Friends to Lovers, Clueless Guys, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demisexual, Oblivious MCs, Everyone (Else) Can See It, Slow Burn, Love Has No Boundaries.

I write a variety of stories, Contemporary MM R
More about Anyta Sunday...

“When I look at your stones, I remember.” Jace glances over to Annie, Mum, and finally Dad. “I remember what each of these stones mean because I was with Cooper for a lot of them. Falling in love with him.” 16 likes
“Have you ever felt so full of thoughts you think you could burst?” 10 likes