Start by marking “Temptations of Desire (Desires Entwined, #3)” as Want to Read:
Temptations of Desire  (Desires Entwined, #3)

Temptations of Desire

(Desires Entwined #3)

Desires Entwined: Book Three

Alexander James Noble is a gender fluid gay man who gave up on finding Mister Right a long time ago. He’s not asking for much, though. He just wants a guy who loves all of him and appreciates his feminine form too.

At the local LGBTQ center where Alex regularly volunteers, he meets Dal Sayer, an officer of the Milwaukee PD. Because he’s been
Published September 22nd 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Temptations of Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptations of Desire

Start your review of Temptations of Desire (Desires Entwined, #3)
Serena Yates
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
In a wonderful follow-up to book two in this series, ‘Temptations of Desire’ builds on previous events to show the part of the story that belongs to Dal, Rhys’s cop brother, and Alex, his genderfluid boyfriend. It was fascinating to see Dal’s side of what happened with Rhys and Chase, as well as getting more details around Dal’s parents and their reactions to Dal being bisexual. It is also the story about Alex, a damaged young man who has made his way in life despite his parents throwing him awa ...more
V
Sep 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Well, I didn't like book 1 very much, and I skipped book 2.
I wanted to read this story because I'm a sucker for androgynous characters and if that character is gender fluid then I'm a goner, I adored that kind of personality I found them really adorable and cute.
Alex was perfect to me, not so much Dal, can you make a police officer more softer that this one? I don’t think so. It took a few people to make him see that he didn't have to let his Mommy and Daddy to tell him what to do
I was really en
T.M. Smith
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexander Noble is a fulltime chef that volunteers his skills at a local LGBTQ center as well. It’s while Alex is setting up for a dance at the center that he first meets one tall, dark and very handsome cop, Dal Sayers. Alex is wary of the large, brooding man at first, but settles when he learns Dal is a cop. It’s still just a little unsettling the way Dal looks at him, and Alex could swear Dal is flirting with him.

Dal is taken with Alex straight away, and sets his sights on wooing the beautif
Ro
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Alex is a very busy, genderfluid chef who just wants someone to call his own. He not only works for an amazing man as a personal chef (really, his boss is just the best) but he spends hours volunteering at the local teen LGBT center. He is an all around good guy. It is at the center that he meets Dal, a cop who is going to work security at a center party. He wants Dal, he feels the connection, and yet he just knows Dal, big, bad cop, is never going to accept all of him.

I have to say, Alex has a
Theresa
May 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Senseless OTT drama with Dal's parents and Alex's sister and brother-in-law. Their 180 changes were unrealistic. Not enough relationship development between Dal and Alex.

Editing error - Kai was in a scene and then wasn't mentioned anymore.
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
Solid 4.25 stars!!

This is book 3 in the series, and I have finally fallen in love with one of the couples. I adore Dal & Alex. They both were a breath of fresh air. One of the biggest themes in the book was gender fluidity, something I love reading about in books. I honestly don't think we get enough characters like it. This book coincides with things from the previous book we get to see certain things from Dal's perspective.

Of course both guys had their issues with being in a relationship, bu
Carly
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
TEMPTATIONS OF DESIRE is different than previous books in the series because the timeline coincides with Desires' Guardian. Parts of Dal and Alex's story was included in book 2, so even though it focuses almost exclusively on Alex and Dal, in some ways it is an alternate point-of-view reading experience.

Despite the fact that I already knew how it was going to end, I was thrilled with this story. Dal and Alex's journey is complex, emotional, and they are dynamic as a couple. Together they face th
Diverse
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another beautiful book from Tempeste O'Riley. I have a lot of love for this series. There's drama without serious angst. That's great for me because this is the perfect series for when you finish a book that has you rocking in a corner questioning everything. You open these up and you get not only a good story but great balance. Alex is fabulous in this and I adore him! He holds a close second as my favorite character in this series. One being James and Two being Rhys... So far... whatever does ...more
Lila Hunter
Dal is my favorite character in this serie follow by Rhys. I liked this book, but I had trouble getting into it. Probably because it was parallel with book #2 and I knew what was going to happen next. Plus, I wanted more angst in the relationship itself. Other than that, this book was a nice love story.

* I read this book to celebrate Bisexual Pride Day
Peppermaud
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the series.
Claudia Lezár
PLEASE READ MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings:
A 3,5* is clicked with a 4* but in review marked as 3,5*:

5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-Away-book like ‘Jesse's Smile’ or ‘Joey’ from Angelique Jurd, ‘Save the the kids’ series
from EM Leya, ‘Love’s Tethered Heart’ from C.L. Etta or ‘Liberty’ from Seth King),
it's like an A+

4* - very good and will be often reread and is a WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises (like most of Andrew Grey books and Davidson Kings 'Haven Hart'-series
Pat
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I fell into this book from the first page .
Alex who is gender fluid is beautiful inside and out .
Cal is bi but just one look at Alex his heart is taken.
This beautiful book is written with so much feeling that you experience every smile, frown, cry ,and anger and most of all the love that flows from them both.
This series ties all the characters together that makes these books something special .

In this book it brings family pressures , love , commitment , so much more everything ticked my boxes.
Alexis Woods
I haven't read any of the prior books, and while this held up as a stand-alone novel, now I have no need to read book 2.
A sweet romance that wasn't rushed too much, but I wanted more out of it. The men were a little too mushy for me, Dal needed to man-up and face his father, and he faltered dramatically. Dude, You're A COP. Anyway, would have also liked to see Alex's gender-fluidity shown more.
Diane Dannenfeldt
This was my least favorite so far. It’s not that I didn’t love Alex and Dal it was the entire BS that Dal’s parents keep trying to force him into this stupid marry a nice girl and have kids. That entire thing took away from their story. I hated it. Also, I would have liked the rescuing of Chase from Dal’s POV and seeing what led up to him getting shot.
I love this book even more that I thought I would.

Note: This review is a work in progress and maybe edited in the future.
Kristina
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review coming Soon!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Audiobook provided through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

This story overlaps the action that took place in Desires' Guardian, the previous one in the series so I would highly recommend reading that before starting this one. Dal Sayer, cop and brother of Rhys Sayer (Desire’s Guardian) meets a gorgeous young man at the local LGBTQ center. The man, Alexander James Noble, introduces himself as Alex and tells Dal he’s the chef who volunteers there to prepare
Nikyta
Reviewed at The Blogger Girls.

Temptations of Desire takes place at the same time as Desires’ Guardian, which was Rhys and Chase’s story. This one, however, is the tale of Alex and Dal (Dal is Rhys’ brother). Dal is scoping out the LGBTQ youth center he’s supposed to provide security for when he meets Alex, the hot young man who cooks for the center every Saturday. Intrigued by Alex, Dal is determined to take the sexy man out and woo him into a relationship. Alex really likes Dal but he’s terrifi
Inked Reads
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, erotica
FiveStars
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS STORY!!! While I enjoyed the Jamie-Seth and Chase - Rhys stories, this one was my favorite.

Dal is a detective who is the brother of Rhys. Dal sees how happy his brother is, and when he meets the beautiful Alex, he can't get him out of his mind.

Alex is shy, sweet and wants to find someone who will understand his fluid desires. With a past that has created scars both physically and emotionally, Dal has his work cut out for him.

With family pressures placed firmly on D
T.M. Smith
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Dal is taken with Alex straight away, and sets his sights on wooing the beautif
Sally
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Temptations of Desire was an almost perfect romance, complete with two of the sweetest, sexiest men ever to fall in love between the pages of a book. I will get to that almost in a minute, but first let me gush about what I loved.

Lexie and Dal are the perfect couple. They are both sweet, funny, and romantic, coming across more as two lovestruck teens than grown men with careers. Seriously, your heart would have to be pretty cold (and your phobia pretty deep) not to love these two. Dal is a big,
Christie Thorsen
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Oh, Tempeste O’Riley, how I do adore you and your wonderful books. This third installment in the Desires Entwined series is so sweet. Not many people write stories with a gender fluid main character, and you did with aplomb. And, of course, let us not forget Jeff Gelder. He did a great job at bringing Alex and Dal to life.

Alex is a personal chef and regularly volunteers at his employer’s LGBTQ Center. It’s a great gig for him, because noone judges his gender fluidity, and everyone generally like
Love Bytes Reviews
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Marieke

I read the other books in this series too, and that’s why I really wanted to read this third one.
Dal first sees Alex in the kitchen of the LGBTQ center where he volunteers as a cook once a week. It’s insta love for Dal, but Alex is not too charmed by Dal at first. Oh, he likes how the hot cop looks, but he doesn’t trust cops. He also can’t imagine Dal being gay, or interested in someone as feminine as him.

When Dal finally gets up the courage to ask Alex out, things go gre
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Story 4 Stars
Narration 3 Stars

Temptations of Desire is book 3 in the Desires Entwined series and mostly runs concurrent with the timeline from book 2.

Alex/Lexie was a beautiful character who I think all readers will fall for quickly. Caught in such an innocent act by his parents, nearly beaten to death and then thrown away like yesterday’s rubbish he never lost sight of who he truly was and against all the odds he survived, grew up and has a relatively good life.
Cookie Moretti
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
"Temptations of Desire" by Tempest O'Riley (MM/Romance/Gender Fluid)

A copy of this book was provided to me by Inked Rainbow Reads in exchange for an honest review.

***3 1/2 STARS***

First, let me provide a googled definition of Gender Fluid:

Gender Fluid: Gender fluid is a gender identity which refers to a gender which varies over time. A gender fluid person may at any time identify as male, female, neutrois, or any other non-binary identity, or some combination of identities.

***

I love books, I le
Morgan  Skye
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, bgs, audio
Book Reviewed Here by Nikyta https://thebloggergirls.com/2014/09/2...

Again, I completely agree with Nikyta. I LOVED Alex and his own unique gender identity and how easily Dal accepted and went with it. It seemed to really flow. I was, however, concerned that nobody – even Alex and his twin – seemed to really find a pronoun that was comfortable for use. I think “they/them” would be appropriate here as when Alex was Lexi the pronoun “he” was still used and when listening to this and hearing the ve
A.M. Leibowitz
This book is part of a series, but I only read this one and its companion short story. I picked it up specifically because of the bisexual and gender-fluid characters.

Ms. O’Riley more than delivered on those counts. I loved her direct exploration of both themes. I was a little concerned that it was a shade cliched, with Dal being a big, muscled, manly cop and Alex/Lexie being very feminine even when identifying as male. However, Dal wasn’t at all a stereotype, and neither was Alex/Lexie. I adore
Natosha Wilson
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Tempeste is definitely an author with an incredible talent for making the readers fall in love with the books she writes. This book was no exception.

Alex and Dal were both in book 2 and this book I believe is just a follow through on their story.

Alex is genderfluid. And Dal is bi sexual. I think this makes it so much easier for the two men to be able to meet both of their needs.

There is a physical attraction they both feel for each other from the very moment they meet. And just like any mother c
Ilona
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, m-m, intrigue
As seems to be common with this series there was a lot of intrigue and danger going on in the background. There was also a different point of view on the situation with Dal's father and his demands (some of which is touched upon in book #2). However, as should be the case, most of the book focuses on the relationship between Dal and Alex. I really loved Alex and the way Tempeste showed how his life was affected by his wanting to cross dress and his gender fluidity. She also did a good job of po ...more
CB
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-folder
I was never really interested in reading about "gender fluid" or cross-dressing but the author did such a great job with Alex, I found myself very captivated with him and now a whole new genre has opened up to me.

This is the 3rd novel in the Desires Entwined series and I highly recommend all the books as the characters flow throughout the series (there are 4 novels and 3 shorts). Interesting stories, lovely and unique characters that are carried out through all the books - an engaging read.

Note
Dreamspinner Press: Temptations of Desire by Tempeste O'Riley 1 10 Sep 27, 2014 03:08AM

• Poster Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #5)
  • Dirty Laundry (Tucker Springs, #3)
  • Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4)
  • Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • Love, Hypothetically (Theta Alpha Gamma, #2)
  • Where Nerves End (Tucker Springs #1)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • It's Complicated (Tucker Springs, #7)
  • Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)
  • After the Fall (Tucker Springs, #6)
  • Covet Thy Neighbor (Tucker Springs, #4)
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • Second Hand (Tucker Springs #2)
  • Frat Boy and Toppy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #1)
  • Taking His Shot (Hot Jocks, #7)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
Tempeste O’Riley is an out and proud omnisexual / bi-woman whose best friend growing up had the courage to do what she couldn’t–defy the hate and come out. He has been her hero ever since.

Though new to writing M/M, she has done many things in her life, though writing has always drawn her back–no matter what else life has thrown her way. She counts her friends, family, and Muse as her greatest bles

Desires Entwined (4 books)
  • Designs of Desire (Desires Entwined, #1)
  • Desires' Guardian (Desires Entwined, #2)
  • Signs of Desire (Desires Entwined, #4)