Start by marking “Novascapes: A Speculative Fiction Anthology from the Hunter Region Australia” as Want to Read:
Novascapes: A Speculative Fiction Anthology from the Hunter Region Australia

Novascapes: A Speculative Fiction Anthology from the Hunter Region Australia

Each story in this collection is a brief glimpse into a world both like and unlike anything we could ever imagine. The light and dark aspects of human nature are played out on the canvases of these worlds, though the players are not always human. Minotaurs, mermaids, vampires and dinosaurs compete for space alongside devils, angels, aliens and completely indescribable enti ...more
Paperback
Published September 30th 2014 by Invisible Elephant Press

To ask other readers questions about Novascapes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Novascapes

Start your review of Novascapes: A Speculative Fiction Anthology from the Hunter Region Australia
Michelle
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthology, australian
I originally supported this book on Pozible because it contained my friend and crit buddy Aidan's first published story. It also contain a number of stories from authors I am familiar with.

Novascapes is a solid, well composed collection, a great first effort and well worth reading.

I had read a few of the reprints before but they are very strong stories that I enjoyed reading again. I thought the original fiction was very good too. There were only a few stories that didn't quite do it for me, o
Jenny Blackford
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Disclaimer: this book includes my story "The Eternal Twilight of his Maze" - but don't let that put you off! Newcastle is the current or one-time home of some prodigiously- talented writers, including Margo Lanagan, Kirstyn McDermott and Janeen Webb. Do yourself a favour!
Morgan Bell
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A really solid collection of light and dark, short and long. A favourite was Arms Dealer by Ms Page, the editor of the anthology, it had a real Blade Runner feel to it, like a Rob Zombie reimagining of Blade Runner. The collection has lots of historical references to please any nerd.
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, short-story
There’s nothing quite as good as a great collection of short stories to give you little mini adventures and insights into strange and mystical worlds. What makes these short stories wonderful are the speculative nature and the fact that each of these authors have created stories that covers so many different narratives no two are alike.

The stories vary in length and there is a mixture of light hearted and darker stories. The speculative fiction aspect makes them wild and fanciful but
Leonie
Jun 19, 2017
Brett Damon
Nov 23, 2014
Thoraiya
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tsana Dolichva
Feb 01, 2015
Adam Dalton
Mar 07, 2015
Sheree Christoffersen
Apr 14, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Bonnie